The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 56: Late November-December 2015

Please post up your questions for the next episode of Ask the King here!

NOTE: With the extreme business of the gaming season, I cannot guarantee when the next episode will be held but these will be the questions I review to be answered! More info as we get into the gaming season!

• Upvote 3

Hey Phil.

I would like to know what are your thoughts on Konami announcing that they plan to continue the Metal Gear Solid series even without Hideo Kojima. Just recently, Konami's community manager stated that they plan to have PlatinumGames develop the series'  future titles in the near future. As you know PlatinumGames previously developed Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance back in 2013 and have also developed games such as Bayonetta, Vanquish, and are also developing the upcoming Star Fox game. From my perspective, this decision could be a good idea due to PlatinumGames' previous developments, but I'd still much rather prefer Kojima developing the series instead. What are your thoughts?

Edited by Anthony77fx
Minor edit.
  • Upvote 2

Hey Phil

With the news of the campaign being cut from BO3 on last gen and with news that there is no campaign at all in Rainbow Six: Siege. Do you think campaigns in 1st person shooters a thing of the past and that all future COD's and 1st person shooters for that matter will contain no campaign?

Hey Phil, I have another question that won't be as controversial as the one I asked last episode of "Ask The King". As a long time viewer I looked over some of your old videos from years ago, and I came across your "The Official DSP Drinking Game" video. Upon after watching the video I thought I should try it out while watching one of your playthroughs. But, since i'm technically underage and still young. I was wondering if you could give me and some of your many younger viewers advice on how to drink responsibly. I'm only one year from being legal and have drank in the past, and have had very bad drunken mishaps. Many of your younger viewers like me are going to be without a doubt drinking and are going to be peer pressured into it, let's be real here. While there is law preventing young people from buying alcohol, they're still gonna get their hands on it ether way. Think of it as teaching safe sex, you can't tell teenagers not to have sex while hormones are raging, so it's best just to teach them to be safe and responsible. You can apply the exact same thing with teen drinking. Tell your young viewers what to do while under the influence and what not to do. I have a feeling this is going to be a funny question so can you throw in some personal experiences from your teenage years while you're at it? 

P.S. Keep up the good content! 

Edited by triedge763

Hey Phil, I just saw Mad Max: Fury road. I thought it was a good movie. I have not seen the other three yet, but I plan to in the future. But, this movie made Alex a walking target. He told me and Francis that he felt the actor who did Max didn't fit his voice or character. When he tweeted this on Twitter,  he got a lot of backlash from "Too big fans". Meaning they love a actor, or movie so much, that they will defend it/them to death. He wrote back explaining, "You can say so many bad shit to me, but it won't change a thing. That means you're acting like children." After that, it started to die down a bit. So, isn't life on the Internet gran or what? 

Edited by MatthewVader

Hey Phil, you said you read novels or books? Well, is there any books that you wish turn into movies? Two: Which series in your mind set is better game of thrones or lord of the rings? I know it's a dumb ass question, but I feel like you speak like a true fan. Plus, what's your favorite type of plotline. And in what time in our history you wish you could be there? I would pick the time when we had just made flying possible. 

Edited by MatthewVader
  • Upvote 1

Hey Phil,

With the recent spate of shootings in the US (I'm not going to name names as to not give psychopaths anymore undeserved recognition than they're already getting from news outlets) I'd like to ask you about gun ownership, not your thoughts on gun ownership but on how the mass media portrays gun owners and how much control they have over public opinion.

As someone from the UK and a frequent internet user, it's very common to see people chastise all gun owners as idiotic rednecks and murderers to be, personally I'm not as anti-gun as a lot of people and I do see lots of BS 'statistics' thrown around by both pro-gun and anti-gun parties to fit half baked arguments. I do empathize with gun owners who feel vilified at the moment when the vast majority have never hurt anyone and have no intention to do so.

I try to compare it with something all of us as gamers can relate to, GamerGate. A lot of us got extremely angry when all gamers were portrayed as sexist and hateful pigs due to the actions of a tiny minority in an ignorant tirade. Obviously the consequences of a silly hashtag are nothing compared to those of a mass shooting but if you take a step back, it's a disturbingly common trend to see 100% of people in a certain group represented by the very worst 1% in the eyes of the public and very few people actually care to do any research before making their misguided opinion loudly known.

So the heart of my question is, does it scare you when the media starts mass witch hunts on giant groups of people because of the actions of an extremely small percentage of the group and do you think people will ever stop taking information at face value and doing their research?

Sorry for the long question but there's a lot to say in this topic.

• Upvote 3

Hi Phil. With Halloween going on I was wondering about your opinion on something. I know you have seen a ton of movies including "scary" movies. I was wondering if you have seen the Halloween Movie franchise, including the Rob Zombie remakes? I saw a special recently about the making of the Original Halloween movie and it's impact on the Genre despite the difficulties they had making it. My question is, Have you seen the Halloween movies and if you have what is your take on the movies and what do you think about the impact that the original movie and the Iconic Slasher Michael Myers have had on the Slasher movie Genre?

• Upvote 1

Hi, Phil

Two questions for you:

1. Are you planning on doing a video regarding how certain developers (Konami, Nintendo etc) seem to have decided to ignore their audience these days leading to a lot of backlash? Just curious about what you think.

2. Any ideas for future "episodic" releases? 

Hey Phil, you mention that you would have wanted a new game with the original characters from mass effect. Then it hit me. How do you know if a series of books, movies, game etc stay to long? We gotten  a lot of sequels announced from different companies. My friend Jacky thought of a trilogy of books called Toxic wars. She thought about adding a new story after the 3rd, but had a hard time, so she said I won't do it. My question is how do you know if a good/great series over stays it's welcome?  And, do you think we have too much sequels?  

Edited by MatthewVader

Hi Phil,

I'm currently studying abroad in Japan and it is the first time I've visited a different country. So far it has been a unique cultural experience that I think has changed my perspective on many things. I was wondering if you have been to another country outside of the US, and if so, where? If you haven't, where would you like to go?

Thanks!

Hey Phil

On the last week of September, two games were released. One of them was Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5. After watching you play the game for the first time, I saw that you never picked up the game again, not even to play it for a second time to maybe complete it. Later on that week, you did a Hate Bomb video about the game which I found to be very enjoyable and convinced me not to buy the game at all even though I'm not into those type of games anyway. Now moving on to the question I would like to ask: have you ever had to drop a Hate Bomb on any other game that you have played in the past?

Thanks.  

Edited by Redhyruler
Reworded.

This question concerns a late topic. When the news of Ben Affleck playing Batman broke out, the internet went into a huge hissy fit. I at first didn't understand why but I realize the main reason people didn't want Affleck to play Batman is because he was in the Daredevil movie. Though Affleck made it big over the years by directing prestigious films like Gone, baby, gone, The town, Argo and started in the critically praised Gone Girl and we saw the batman suit and the trailers of Batman vs Superman showed Affleck's Batman in action, there's no doubt of people still being closed-minded whiners typing on their computers on that Affleck shouldn't be Batman all because Daredevil was a bad movie. I would like to know what is your take on the internet reacting this kind of way as if the world ended. Whenever I try to understand why people to these kinds of things, I feel like a old man criticize a young generation that he doesn't understand. But since it's the internet, can you blame me? Thanks Phil. Stay ballsy.

Hey Phil

I am graduating from college in spring of 2016 which I started in 09 at a community college, getting my Associate Science degree in computer tech support and probably making graduation honors which is amazing. I have two questions for you:

First, I was wondering after I graduate, what suggestion would give if I want to go to the Disney College Program which is an program for probably 6 months long where you go to school, live on your own with roommates which is paid for and work at the parks as an paid internship which I am scared to do?

Second, if I did that, what will it be like if i was away from my mother and living on my own at that time? Keep in mine, I do tend to get homesick when I am away for a long period of time.

Thanks

• Upvote 2

Hi Phil. What's your opinion on Donald Trump as a person and politician? His views sometimes strike me as populism, but he often hits the right tone and gives certain parts of the American society what they want to hear. Do you see him as a valid candidate for the presidency?

Hey Phil!

Although this is probably something you don't wanna think about at this point in time, should the time come to pass that you would have to hang up you cowboy hat, put down your controller, and "close the doors" of your business for good, what would be the very last video or videos you ever upload you youtube? Would it be a playthrough of a game you hold near and dear to your heart? A 3-4 hour long hate live podcast (if your voice could handle it)? A special vlog reminiscing on your youtube career? Or something else?      How would say your final goodbye to your youtube career (if you can give an answer)?

• Upvote 1

Phil, how do you sleep knowing insane people have tried having you swatted?  Have you considered getting help and prosecuting those who violated your home and well being with such a foolish act?  I am glad that you weren't harmed especially with all the trigger happy police out there these days.

I've got a very simple question: 
Let's say you wake up in your bed and everything seems like a normal day.
At some point you get on your computer and discover that YouTube has ceased to exist.
What do you do? What would you plan to do?
One time way back you said that you had thought about running your own game-store or something like that.
Do you still think about it now and then?

• Upvote 1