The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 56: Late November-December 2015

Phil, I understand you played a few Need for Speed games way back. I really enjoyed your rage in Need for Speed The Run. I was wondering if you'd maybe consider doing a playthrough of the original Need for Speed Most Wanted game from 2005. You don't have to if you don't want to. I'm only asking.

Hi phil.

What do you think about the new Far cry game coming out? its called Far cry Primal and is basically Far cry set thousands of years ago without weapons.

Phil, I was wondering, why do you post the Pre-streams/daily updates on your gaming channel, and not your Vlogs channel? Is it because they are being loaded into the playlists of whatever game you're are about to play? And if you really want to keep those pre-stream videos on your gaming channel, is there any chance you could copy it over to your Vlogs? 

I ask because I'm (personally) much more likely to see Pre-stream/daily update videos on your Vlogs channel. when you are uploading a game playthrough, it tends to bury your pre-stream videos pretty quickly. Now admittedly, it may be laziness on my part, because when I'm looking at your Vlog channel I click the Uploads button to see all your videos in reverse chronological order, and when on your Gaming channel, I mostly just look at Playlists. 

Anyways, for all I know, by the time you check this for you next ATK episode (Ask The King), you may have already addressed the issue. 

Thanks for your time and consideration, Fool-One. 

Phil what got you into watching anime? Same for like comics of the marvel heroes/villains? What is the most recent anime or USA version of show have you watched? I remember you watched Attack on Titan once before. Have you watched anything else that wasnt as mainstream as AoT?

• Upvote 1

Hey Phil. Sorry if I send too much questions, but this one I just want to talk about just because it's fucking stupid. Stupidly more then some guy take a shit next to a sleeping bear, yeah think that out of the box haha. Every since Mafia 3 came out SUPER fans started to grow scared. Was it the game play? Was it that the fucking graphics were so fucking real, you wish Jennifer Lopez was in it? No. They don't like the fact that the main guy is black. Supposedly there weren't any black mafias during the 60's or 80's and they want it back to the Italian American mafias. When I heard this, I flipped my computer off thinking this was a Kanye West troll when KW told on live TV George Bush hates blacks. What do think of this nonsense of a ' critical issue'? Me I just want to see a great story not sit on my ass and whine about it. 

Thanks, Bro. May the cheese be with you. Vader...

Edited by MatthewVader
miss spelled

hey phil love the shows my question is for hate live maybe will you bring live calls for hate live  do it  once in great while. thank you phil for you do

I might be one of your older "active" viewers / community member / Patron, I'm 37. In my job, 95% of communication is done through e-mail and I get a lot. So much that I notice the number of mails in my inbox weighs on me mentally.

How do you deal with all the messages you get on a daily basis. Man, you're getting it via:

- Hotmail

- Twitter

- Youtube comment section

- Instagram

- TKOH Forums

and probably via some other channels I forgot.

Do you even have a rough estimate how many "contact moments" you get in one day and does it give you stress?

• Upvote 2

Hi, Phil

Two questions for you - edited since I pledged to your Patreon last month

1. Are you planning on doing a video regarding how certain developers (Konami, Nintendo etc) seem to have decided to ignore their audience these days leading to a lot of backlash? Just curious about your stance on this

2. Have you ever considered trying out audiobooks? I've started doing this again at work and I have found that they help me concentrate a lot better. I made this suggestion because if you don't have time to physically read a book, this could be a viable alternative.

Phil I admire your honesty and hope you can answer my question since you are quite open about this. I know you probably get this a lot but what is up with you and John Rambo? Did you have a falling out? Is it the because you two are far away? I would like to hear your thoughts on the matter. Thank you

Greetings Philip. I heard you take questions from your fans. I wish you read this and give your thoughts on the matter. As he is heading for office, from what it  look likes, Donald Trump decided to go on Saturday night live. The thing that got me was that he was the Host for that night. I figured he was doing this because he might have a few good jokes, maybe. Then he quotes the words that got me confused: "I have nothing better to do." If the man is running for office clearly he's not taking it seriously. If he won? Okay then.

Then he brought up his old issue years ago about Roise O Donald. America try to forget but he helped us remember making me say, "What's he up to?" Then he pulled the most dumbest joke I've heard since my cousin made a joke about her cat. He 'mistaked' Aidy Bryant for Roise O Donald. Excuse my language, but is this jackass really going to be president? 

It gets worst. Tarran Killam and Darrell Hammond impersonate him with him saying, "I can take a joke." Talking about how stupid his haircut is. Then Larry David came out as Bernie Sanders. The guy made an ass of himself shouting, "Trump's a racist," then adding, "I heard if I yelled that they'd give me $5,000." I shook my head saying, "Is this how he'll run in office? Making an ass of himself on stage?" If Abe Lincoln, George Washington, Theodore, and Tomas Jefferson were here, they would beat his fat ass just to prove how stupid he is. What do you think? Does this sound good? Or is there more to this?

Thanks for reading, L.D.

Edited by LittleDime
mispelled

Hey Phil.

I'd like to know your opinion on creators, namely game developers, changing the content of their games based on public outrage.

Is it better to oblige to people's demands to avoid further backlash, or should the artist stick to their guns and maintain their original vision, regardless of what people think?

Hey Phil,

Would you consider doing more K-cup reviews for DSP Tries It? I enjoyed the last one that you did and you seem to have a good taste for that sort of thing. Also, what are some of your existing favorites? I recently purchased a Keurig 2.0 and I'm still trying to figure out which flavors I like. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Hey Phil, Das Gooch (Pronunciation: Dahz Gooch) aka Marcus here. I have been a fan since 2008. you got me through high school and now through college. my question for you is a two part:

As a college student at the UCLA i was told to major in what you will make money in and not what you love. That, i was told, to minor in haha.

What is your opinion on that?

As for the second part. what is your back up plan? I am always told by my mother to have one if my goal of being a teacher fails for whatever reason. I don't want to see you fail, as I have enjoyed your content and watched you grow from the side angled Dead Space: Scary as Hell and the entertaining Ridicule series. But do you have a back up plan? maybe something in HR or Computers. seeing as this is the west coast and such, I imagine you could attain a software or hardware orientated job. or something in your job history?

Thanks and i hope you read this question.

p.s. I was a patreon for the month of November in the form of 10$ idk if this makes my question more important. but i still hope you read it.

Edited by xXDasXGoochXx

hey phil

i just recently watched a video of a guy on youtube and he used to watch all your content.He was talking about how you are losing you subscribers and your viewership and he had lot of things to say.Most of the things he had said were good pointers. A couple of things he mentioned is that you talk about how much you talk to much about views and complain about a people not watching your content. other things he mentioned is that you always blame the developer, the game, and not your self  and that's why people are getting annoyed with you.  one last thing he mentions is you limit about patreon.  I think that i mentioned in the past is i have been a fan since fable 2 and i have been with you from the highest of the high and lowest of low and i am still a fan from the beginning  and still a fan to this day. they are a number of things i would like to see is you stop talking about the views and patreon. i think if you just limit talking about the views and just focus on the gameplay. no one wants to hear you complain about views and we just want content. i just want to you to be like your old self.   i am going to post a link of the video below. https://youtu.be/WtsvpMgoEoo.

Phil,

Last week, CBS announced that they were doing an Internet Celebrity Edition of their hit reality show, The Amazing Race.  The teams consist of well known Viners and YouTubers such as Bernie and Ashley from Rooster Teeth and LGBT activist Tyler Oakley.  What are your thoughts on this concept?  Do you think the teams or the producers of the show are selling out?  Why or why not?

MoA

• Upvote 1

greetings Philip. If you haven't know yet, Undertaker is having his final match after collapsing two or once during/after his matches. After seeing him fighting I begin to remember hearing you say you like him. To me, 25 years is long for someone to stay wrestling. After losing Chris Benoit, Eddie G, and many others he always managed to stick with the WWE. And, now to see him retire feels me up inside. How does it feel knowing a great person leaving, even though he should have left years ago, does it still gets ya? Could you name some great matches he has done over the years? What was the best part about him that made him so rememberable? 

Hope your days go well as much as it shines. L.D.

Hi Phil, 

Not sure if you've heard. But BEYOND: Two Souls was just re-released for PS4 with improved graphics, gameplay and features. Quantic Dream also announced that Heavy Rain will also be coming to PS4 on March 1st, 2016. I know you're schedule is super tight and busy at this moment, but do you think it's possible, say come January, that you will replay the remastered versions of Heavy Rain and BEYOND: Two Souls? Hope you are doing well, keep up the great work and thanks for your time. 

- Cameron (IndustrialGamer)

Unfortunately due to your copyright strike against DSPgaming you took ALL of your Nintendo 3DS videos and set them to privte.  I really LOVED your "Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright" playthrough with your funny commentary and heliarous voice acting. My question is that what are the fate of your Nintendo 3DS playthroughs? Will you continue to do them as the years goes on? And what is your strategy when if you ever decide to use it? 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING 

Hi Phil 

Just a quick question (I know you don't really answer quick ones) but I want to know if you have watched any of the recent Marvel Netflix series (Daredevil & Jessica Jones) and if you did watch them what are your thoughts on them 

Thanks in Advance and Keep up the good work 

Hey Phil, I made high quality fan art, so you have to answer my question, 

a lot of these questions seem to just be shilling with a question mark at the end.  I'll try to ask a legitimate question, though I will add that K-Cups are horrendous, chemically-infused garbage.  Ever since moving in with Leanna, you've seemed to be in a generally better mood and health.  While some reasons for this, such as her cooking legitimate food for you, and waking up to her in PJs, are pretty obvious, but what are the things you like most (so far) about living with your 3D Waifu?  She seems to be targeted with a lot of hate as well, but you hardly really gush about her or anything.  What do you hate (or what annoys you) the most about living with her?  Do you feel guilty, or responsible for the hate she receives?  

Thanks.  

I also have a question for Panda, if she can go on for a second.  It's something I've been curious about for a while.  

Hello Leanna, 

I'd be interested in your answer to the question I asked Phil, if you have the time.  But more importantly, Phil seems to be frequently yelling at/about his games.  What's it like for you going about your day, with an angry man screaming in the house?  Do you ever get annoyed about it, or is it just hilarious?

Thanks.

3d4f.png