The King of Hate Forums
FredFuchs

Charity:Water - Help Us Help The World

It's at $2,053 now. So what are the specifics behind this charitywater organization, what sort of water or tools are these people getting?

So far 68 people are getting water, but I could easily buy 1 gallon of water for 500 people on the streets of LA with that amount of money.

Is this money going toward water purifiers or cleaning up their nasty rivers? How much is going toward delivery of this water to foreign countries?

Don't quote me on this but afaik the money goes towards building wells and providing water purification equipment among other things so that people can consistently have clean drinking water and not like just sending water to countries that won't last long.

http://www.charitywater.org/projects/solutions/

That link actually shows what different projects they work on to ensure clean drinking water over a long time.

• Upvote 2

http://www.charitywater.org/projects/solutions/

That link actually shows what different projects they work on to ensure clean drinking water over a long time.

​Nice, that's helpful

• Upvote 1

Congratulations to the Sons Of Kojima for a Successful SoKwater by raising $5,000 to give water to those in need. This thread will remain open until the charity ends which will be in 11 Days.

Congratulations! Recently seen the Charity, going for $10,000 now? Best of wishes for reaching that goal.  

Don't fall in the trap, people. These guys are plotting something with the money, and it's damn sure ain't no water. What has the SOK ever done besides vilify DSPGaming? They don't deserve one penny. I'll donate to Phil instead. 

Don't fall in the trap, people. These guys are plotting something with the money, and it's damn sure ain't no water. What has the SOK ever done besides vilify DSPGaming? They don't deserve one penny. I'll donate to Phil instead. 

​If you did some actual research you would know that none of the money ever even TOUCHES the hands of the SOK. Charity:Water handles every single dollar and penny donated to the campaign and the SoK are simply the people who organize the campaign (Through Charity Water)

• Upvote 2

​Ah, I get it. Is this the part where you say "April Fools"? Look, I know fans of Phil and SoK don't get along or something, but they're hardly Saturday Morning villains. The website you donate through handles the money themselves, the SoK merely start up the page and Charity Water does everything from there.

Also they're donating to a water charity and have done charity streams (including a 24 hour stream as far as I recall). You're free to donate to Phil, just don't put down those that decide to give money to providing fresh water.

Congrats on the massive milestone by the way guys, I've been short of cash but I've donated $40 a few months back. When I get paid I'll make sure to chip in some more!

• Upvote 3

Congrats. Sadly this forum is neutral and does not support/promote anyone's charity as that would be seen as not being neutral.

You guys have plenty of other places to promote your own agendas. This is not the place.

Further promotion of your charity will result in permanent bans. 

• Upvote 5