The King of Hate Forums
BloodshotSpectre

Observations and suggestions in regards to DarkSydePhil's decreasing views

14 minutes ago, triforcedlink said:

I sincerely hope your taking this serious Phil. So far your reactions to some of the legit criticism in this thread are proving your detractors right and providing a bigger amount of "lulz" for anonymous trolls that dwell sites like /cow/.

I would advise you to think carefully about how you word yourself. I've been a fan for some years and would hate to see you crash and burn and only be remembered on the internet as that "TIHYDP Guy". Regardless I'll watch how this ends.

Can't say much else considering everyone else had already told some insightful and blunt truths in this thread. 

Not exactly sure what you're talking about, honestly. This is a single thread amongst hundreds that have been the same kind of pile-on attitude over the years. Not to say that there haven't been great things contributed (there absolutely have) but the banner of "Phil doesn't listen to any criticism and calls it all hate" won't fly for intelligent humans anymore. I've changed far too much for anyone with a logical, analytical and FACTUAL approach to anything to say something like that and thing it's true.

If you want to join that group, go right ahead. It's the increasing number of vapid, empty-headed negative-focused do-nothings that seem to be taking over the internet in droves and made TIHYDP popular in the first place. It's an actual cultural movement of people SO deluded they think that "unifying to hate on someone who can't defend himself!" is some kind of valid social interaction. It's not, it's sickness, and I really don't give a shit about it.

Valid HELP is appreciated. Making 10 threads all saying the same negative stuff, while never EVER contributing to something positive, is not. There's a strong difference between the two, and no, it's not "all considered hate" but it is considered useless, negative, and detracting. 

Again: if you don't understand the difference, it's probably because we're two different people of different ages, in every different positions. That's OK, but don't crucify me for not being you, thanks.

1 minute ago, ArkhamKnight said:

large post

And yet, with all of that said, you fail to even acknowledge that there IS a mass negative element here on the forums that is dragging it down. People barely use these forums BECAUSE OF ALL THE NEGATIVITY, not because we attempt to censor it. That's an incredibly stupid statement.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

And yet, with all of that said, you fail to even acknowledge that there IS a mass negative element here on the forums that is dragging it down. People barely use these forums BECAUSE OF ALL THE NEGATIVITY, not because we attempt to censor it. That's an incredibly stupid statement.

I never said that there wasn't a negative element. The issue is that it's being perpetuated by the actions of yourself and the moderation team, and if you go around with the mindset of "we can delete negative elements even if it's not blatantly rule-breaking," it negates the need for rules in the first place and diminishes any reason for people to post anything at all here. You end up creating even more negativity when people end up being afraid to post for the reasons I described. And again Phil, saying that my statement is "stupid" is very disrespectful in return here. I think I've been fairly reasonable with my posts here, and regardless if you agree or disagree with me, I'm not going to stoop to your level and insult you for your opinion.

Edited by ArkhamKnight

17 minutes ago, Phil said:

Not exactly sure what you're talking about, honestly. This is a single thread amongst hundreds that have been the same kind of pile-on attitude over the years. Not to say that there haven't been great things contributed (there absolutely have) but the banner of "Phil doesn't listen to any criticism and calls it all hate" won't fly for intelligent humans anymore. I've changed far too much for anyone with a logical, analytical and FACTUAL approach to anything to say something like that and thing it's true.

If you want to join that group, go right ahead. It's the increasing number of vapid, empty-headed negative-focused do-nothings that seem to be taking over the internet in droves and made TIHYDP popular in the first place. It's an actual cultural movement of people SO deluded they think that "unifying to hate on someone who can't defend himself!" is some kind of valid social interaction. It's not, it's sickness, and I really don't give a shit about it.

Valid HELP is appreciated. Making 10 threads all saying the same negative stuff, while never EVER contributing to something positive, is not. There's a strong difference between the two, and no, it's not "all considered hate" but it is considered useless, negative, and detracting. 

Again: if you don't understand the difference, it's probably because we're two different people of different ages, in every different positions. That's OK, but don't crucify me for not being you, thanks.

As long as you know that your real fans genuinely want to see you succeed and you don't accidentally confuse real trolls with critics I'm fine with you.

And if you ever actually made me hate you? Nah, SOK can be funny but hanging around them and constantly watching your twitter and making mocking comments is too spergy for me. I'd just move on with my day.

The internet is where I have fun and try to get away from real life drama. And internet drama is something I can't stay serious for 5 seconds before mocking it.

Overall it depends on you Phil, to make a difference in your life. Just know that there are people who do have your best intentions at heart and are arguing with you because they care.

Edited by triforcedlink

I'd actually watch more of Phil's videos if he didn't always start so much drama. I miss old days where Phil would just play and upload. These days he's always starting shit and it gets tiresome after awhile tbh. I really do miss those days. 

1 hour ago, The Mighty Onyx said:

Your input on the matter has no value until you actually experience having to moderate such threads. There's a huge difference between a post such as the one above from Arkinek and posts such as this:

Untitled-1.thumb.png.8eab4cd206eebe141c7

Taken from this exact thread. We don't get rid of posts without reason.

This is one thing. This falls into line with what I brought up earlier, i.e blatant flame with no real sort of criticism to build upon. That's different than someone asking for less plugs or asking him to stop speaking about the views that playthroughs aren't getting and so on and so forth. As Phil himself said, he's looking for concrete ways to improve. I'm sure that many people can differentiate between both sides. 

55 minutes ago, FatalSeabass said:

This is one thing. This falls into line with what I brought up earlier, i.e blatant flame with no real sort of criticism to build upon. That's different than someone asking for less plugs or asking him to stop speaking about the views that playthroughs aren't getting and so on and so forth. As Phil himself said, he's looking for concrete ways to improve. I'm sure that many people can differentiate between both sides. 

Okay, if I hadn't done any of that? i.e. if I never mentioned views, never plugged Patreon, and all the "constructive criticism" that I got in this thread? We wouldn't potentially have a Halloween special, or a Rock-a-thon, AND I wouldn't be able to pay my bills.

So not only don't we get special events that people like, I'd get criticism saying I'm stale, AND I'd go out of business. All the while, people scratching their heads, saying "I wonder what happened and why Phil never addressed it?"

Do you see the difference here? There's criticism and then there's just ridiculous nitpicking. EVERY BUSINESS EVER talks about how it's doing, advertises for promotions and events, etc. MOST successful YouTubers now have Patreon or another means to contribute outside of just watching their videos (merch, donations/crowdfunding, and the like). Yet it seems ONLY the people posting up here have such huge issue with it, because it's ME. 

That's not criticism. That's unfair, biased persecution. Everyone else can survive, but when Phil takes measures to do so, he's in the wrong! And that's why it's not valid and I'm not going to accept it. 

27 minutes ago, Phil said:

Okay, if I hadn't done any of that? i.e. if I never mentioned views, never plugged Patreon, and all the "constructive criticism" that I got in this thread? We wouldn't potentially have a Halloween special, or a Rock-a-thon, AND I wouldn't be able to pay my bills.

So not only don't we get special events that people like, I'd get criticism saying I'm stale, AND I'd go out of business. All the while, people scratching their heads, saying "I wonder what happened and why Phil never addressed it?"

Do you see the difference here? There's criticism and then there's just ridiculous nitpicking. EVERY BUSINESS EVER talks about how it's doing, advertises for promotions and events, etc. MOST successful YouTubers now have Patreon or another means to contribute outside of just watching their videos (merch, donations/crowdfunding, and the like). Yet it seems ONLY the people posting up here have such huge issue with it, because it's ME. 

That's not criticism. That's unfair, biased persecution. Everyone else can survive, but when Phil takes measures to do so, he's in the wrong! And that's why it's not valid and I'm not going to accept it. 

Again, no one's saying that you can't plug your Patreon, and as far as everyone in this thread, I don't see any real persecution going on. It's just that there are ways to advertise with more finesse than the approach that you're going for. I feel that you could have more stream attendance, more views, and more money on Patreon if you did a complete re-branding of yourself (starting with the anger/attitude problems you have admitted to having, as none of the other changes matter if you don't address this first). As for the views, it's like people have said before; would you as a customer/consumer like it if you went into a store or restaurant you enjoyed going to frequently, and they constantly brought up low sales, low attendance, or slow business days every time you walked into said store/restaurant/establishment rather than staying focused on you? It's one of the main things that have caused people to drift away from your content; like a *good* business, you want to apply good customer service skills and patience with your customer-base. People want to be treated respectfully and feel comfortable viewing your stuff, not turned off by the lack of focus on their entertainment.

The most successful Youtubers are successful because they know how to advertise themselves properly and don't talk about themselves as if they could go away at any moment's notice. They have faith in the content that they provide and as a result, people have faith in donating to them and viewing their content.

Edited by ArkhamKnight
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Phil said:

I know you'll probably ban me but I feel that this needs to be said. Nobody has an issue with you doing patreon, the issue people have is with the way you promote it. There's a difference between taking two seconds to say "consider pledging to my patreon, it's a big help and you could get some cool perks!" and the way you do it. When people say you talk about patreon too much they don't mean stop talking about it. They mean you don't need to spend 10-20 minutes talking about it every day, sometimes twice a day when you stream, and that you don't need to mention it every day. In my opinion you shouldn't mention views at all.  Some problems you should keep private because they're not the viewers' problem. I hope you read this Phil and understand that I tried to put this in the least insulting and negative way possible. I'm just trying to help you understand what people meant.

Edit:I'd like to quickly add that I think it's a mistake to play nothing but Fallout 4 next week. Everyone's going to be playing it and if you play nothing but that you'll get so far ahead that no one'll be able to catch up. I think you should balance it with Tomb Raider as not as many people will be playing that and will likely watch you play that moreso than Fallout 4. That's just my opinion though.

Edit 2:I made a strawpoll so Phil can get a visual for whether he should play just fallout 4 next week or balance it with something else. http://strawpoll.me/5899235

Edited by SG21
  • Upvote 2

Now let's get back to the subject here. Phil knows the reason for the low views and will talk about it on a future announcement guys. I would close this topic until we hear the official reason for these problems rather than jump to conclusions. I've heard all these posts, some too long but you're missing the point. Phil made a sustainable living doing this and the sudden dip in viewers is not logical, he didn't drastically change his business model, although he did make positive changes which didn't increase numbers. Therefore I conclude he is exempt from this unnecessary attack.

Edited by Davey_J_Jr
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Phil said:

See, this is where your hypocrisy comes in.

Your statement about people barely using the forum because of negativity and not censorship is stupid.

Are you going to consider this a hate message? But in that case does that mean your message was a hate message? That's the problem. You can say what you want and get away with it, we can say the exact same thing and the chances of our post being deleted and being banned are sky high.

Why?

Because of censorship on this forum. That's why people barely use this forum. Not the negativity that YOU bring because of your antics, but because you don't handle criticism very well. Just because you reply to a few messages, that doesn't mean that makes you a great guy that listens to the fans. If you saw half the shit I've seen on this forum you would truly understand censorship.

I'm not one to get involved with crap like this anymore, I post occasionally and i'm probably one of the more active members of this dying community in terms of actually visiting, but when you poke the hornets nest and wake up your old moderators, you can bet i'll come out swinging.

*Sigh* I don't hate you Phil, I just hate the way you handle things.

Edited by Michael

7 minutes ago, Michael said:

See, this is where your hypocrisy comes in.

Your statement about people barely using the forum because of negativity and not censorship is stupid.

Are you going to consider this a hate message? But in that case does that mean your message was a hate message? That's the problem. You can say what you want and get away with it, we can say the exact same thing and the chances of our post being deleted and being banned are sky high.

Why?

Because of censorship on this forum. That's why people barely use this forum. Not the negativity that YOU bring because of your antics, but because you don't handle criticism very well. Just because you reply to a few messages, that doesn't mean that makes you a great guy that listens to the fans. If you saw half the shit I've seen on this forum you would truly understand censorship.

I'm not one to get involved with crap like this anymore, I post occasionally and i'm probably one of the more active members of this dying community in terms of actually visiting, but when you poke the hornets nest and wake up your old moderators, you can bet i'll come out swinging.

if he bans everybody and everything who give constructive criticism, can you explain why there are several pages of people posting their criticisms and not deleted yet?

Exactly.

Edited by Davey_J_Jr
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Davey_J_Jr said:

if he bans everybody and everything who give constructive criticism, can you explain why there are several pages of people posting their criticisms and not deleted yet?

Exactly.

Compared to the constructive posts that are deleted? Let me just get a screenshot- oh wait.

That is a very one sided scale my friend.

Edited by Michael
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Phil said:

We wouldn't potentially have a Halloween special, or a Rock-a-thon

I actually think that you should continue doing things like this, it's definitely a welcome change of pace from the day to day game play that you do. It's also why I suggested multiplayer sessions as well. Anything to keep you from doing the same thing over and over again is welcome in my book. If I'm not interested in watching you play any of the games that you're currently playing that week, why not do a special stream to break out of the same thing you've been doing?

As for the Patreon, I agree with what SG21 said. I have no issue personally with how you do your Patreon, my issue is with how I've heard you plug it. When a lot of people tell you that you plug it too much, you should definitely consider the possibility that there is a little truth to what they say. Honestly, the consistent plugs makes it seem to me like you're doing way worse than you might actually be doing. I think a good way to fix this would be to limit yourself the amount of times that you are allowed to plug Patreon. Plugging it in a pre-stream before the game play starts and every time you leave to go on break I think would be plenty. Also just making it something quick, maybe even just plugging saying consider donating to my Patreon where you can get cool perks. Another idea would be to do a shout out to someone that does donate to your Patreon. A quick little thing thanking them personally for donating to you, maybe even describing the perk that they got for donating at that level. You already have all of their names on a list, so I don't think it would be too hard. If you don't have the time to compile a list like that, I wouldn't mind taking a bit of time out of my day to make it for you. It could be something like, "Consider donating to my patreon and joining along with <insert patron's name here> who donated at the $20 level and gets priority access to questions for Ask the King for as long as long as she remains a patron." It's short, sweet, shows that you care about the people donating money to you, and gets Patreon plugged way better than you currently do in my opinion. Granted, this would require you to change a few of your goals around to compensate. You have been saying for a while that if everyone donated a dollar you would be in much better shape, so doing verbal shout outs like the one I named above for the people that donate a dollar would be a little bit better in my opinion than what you currently do with the text shout outs. So basically what I'm saying is take the $10 perk and make it the $1 perk. Now we need something for the $10 perk right? Remember what I said about having a day once a month where you play Multiplayer games with fans? Why not make guaranteed access into the game that perk? It gives people a bit of an incentive to make that donation while giving them a good reason to maintain it each month if they had fun playing a game with you. Granted, this would require you to plan out what game you want to play in advance so that people would be informed as to what game it might be which might be a little bit more work, but I think it's something that is definitely worth it for the people that are giving you money. Maybe even add it in to the voting that the $5 patrons get to do, that way they have an input as well and always have something to vote on each month so they feel like they're contributing.

Also one more thing, and this is very subjective so you can ignore it if you like. Under absolutely no circumstance should you mention that people on patreon got declined. I notice that every month you always bring it up and it always happens to you. I've never heard of it happening to anyone else and while I do acknowledge that you have quite a bit of haters that go on there just to troll you with stuff like that, I don't think you should mention it. If it looks like you're going to reach a goal and you're short a bit because someone trolled you, just pretend as if their payment went through and do the goal anyway. Don't give attention to the people that do it, because they will continue to do it time and time again because they know that it gets to you. That's why I think it happens every month at least, I could be wrong but I think it's worth a shot in the very least. It might cost you a little bit of money in the short term, but it will save you a lot of stress in the long term.

Once again whether or not you take or leave any of my ideas is entirely up to you, and I don't mind clarifying anything you are confused about at all.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Michael said:

Compared to the constructive posts that are deleted? Let me just get a screenshot- oh wait.

That is a very one sided scale my friend.

Stop trying to derail the thread.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Davey_J_Jr said:

Now let's get back to the subject here. Phil knows the reason for the low views and will talk about it on a future announcement guys. I would close this topic until we hear the official reason for these problems rather than jump to conclusions. I've heard all these posts, some too long but you're missing the point. Phil made a sustainable living doing this and the sudden dip in viewers is not logical, he didn't drastically change his business model, although he did make positive changes which didn't increase numbers. Therefore I conclude he is exempt from this unnecessary attack.

Phil knows A reason not THE reason, nothing is ever that simple. There are a number of factors that lead to his decline in views and whatever he's found out is only one of them. I mean, his views declined when he moved too, did whatever he found out cause that? Also, no one is attacking Phil. We're just trying to help. It's a big problem if minor criticisms and suggestions are viewed as an attack in my opinion.

Edited by SG21

How is he derailing by responding to a post YOU made to his very valid observation regarding the website's lack of activity? Not only that, but you're being blatantly obtuse for your own sake. 

Phil, thanks for responding to my post and see what you mean, but not every youtube entity/business speaks about their statuses that frequently. Since August, I feel as though you've spoken about views constantly. You yourself even said during your Hate Live podcast(Ep. 16) a year ago that you wouldn't be talking about views and that we could call you out on it when you did. I didn't feel that was necessary because viewers can only know so much based on the outside so it was nice to know exactly how well you were doing from that point, but it's been a constant re-occurrence in terms of a subject since then. 

Just found myself watching your SFHD Remix Madness videos recently. I also revisited the videos of you and John Rambo training for ST SBO and everything. You have nice content, you do. It's just that the direction of the channel has shifted tremendously since those days, which is unfortunate. 

1 hour ago, Davey_J_Jr said:

Stop trying to derail the thread.

I'm really not though am I? I'm responding to Phil about his reasoning to the forum decreasing in activity, to which you then replied to and therefore continuing the discussion. Unless you want me, Phil and you to all take this as derailment? In that case Onyx, feel free to warn all three of us.

Edited by Michael

14 hours ago, The Mighty Onyx said:

Taken from this exact thread. We don't get rid of posts without reason.

What about mine?  The last post I made paid Phil a compliment--something Phil was just bemoaning people not doing a few pages ago--and apparently it was worthy of deletion?  What reason did that fall under?

So in his recent video regarding the past two months Phil said he wants to try to do some of what's more popular on youtube right now. His plan is to start playing less games and putting together more montages/highly edited content. In my opinion Phil doesn't have a clear view of what's popular mostly because all the information he has about what other youtubers do is secondhand. He didn't find it out for himself, someone told him. So I've decided to try to offer some help in that regard. I figured the "popular" section on youtube gaming is a decent condensed view of what's popular in gaming videos so I decided to go through them and classify them the best I could. There were 20 videos in that section, the lowest viewed had 69k views. Of those 20 videos 7 were episodes from long form playthroughs like what Phil does, 6 were episodes from multiplayer/minigame series (minecraft minigames, GTA, and garry's mod specifically), 3 were one-off videos of various games, 1 was a machinima, 1 was a top ___ list, 1 was a review, and finally 1 was a highly edited highlight/montage video. Just from that data it looks like long form playthroughs are still the most popular gaming videos on youtube. I could be wrong though, but I can't exactly go through every gaming video uploaded to youtube in a day.

3 hours ago, SG21 said:

Just from that data it looks like long form playthroughs are still the most popular gaming videos on youtube. I could be wrong though, but I can't exactly go through every gaming video uploaded to youtube in a day.

Not all pt content is equivalent though.  The question is whether those pt videos you saw were being released on a digestible schedule or whether it was 9-odd parts per day every day..  I'm betting some will be those playthroughs that drag on for months or years over a single game.

5 hours ago, lourat said:

Not all pt content is equivalent though.  The question is whether those pt videos you saw were being released on a digestible schedule or whether it was 9-odd parts per day every day..  I'm betting some will be those playthroughs that drag on for months or years over a single game.

The thing is, yeah. Those playthroughs are being uploaded in the form of 1 or 2 lightly edited videos a day. The reasoning for that is simple. People generally watch more than one YouTuber, it's easier and less time consuming for the average viewer to watch 1 or 2 15 minute videos from each person everyday than it is to watch 3 - 5 hours of videos from one YouTuber everyday. They just don't have time for that. Plus uploading fewer parts a day creates excitement for that next part to come out.

Phil should stop rushing through games. Last last few games have been worst ever, he skips most of content in the games and never gets a full understanding of it. Most recent playthrough's like Halo 5, Black ops 3 and Assassins creed have all had same problem for me. He will play a game now and just try to finish it quickly as possible skipping so much of games. I rather him play less games in the future and put more into the games.  

Streaming and playing more is a must just with less games pick and choose and dont leave so many unfinished playthroughs. I don't even think he can fairly review Black ops 3, Halo 5. MP is way to big of a part of the games and he won't even play the games anymore. You can't fairly judge a full MP game such short gameplay streams you hardly even touched them. I much rather him have been playing say just Halo 5 and Call of duty and he could have had 2-3 or more of each games MP. Things seem way to rush now and many things unfinished because he has to get to the next game. If he took his time i think it would be for the better.

Something needs to change view's and Subscribers are on the decline. If things just stay as they are nothing will change eventually viewers and people will move on just thought i would give some advice before that happens. As a fan since fallout 3 i have been sticking around through the ups and down's and i rather not see it all end. I think a drastic changes need to happen since your content has been the same since you started on youtube and your not gaining any viewers anymore if anything its going down slowly with a slow death. 

Edited by cooper
  • Upvote 8

Agreed with the concerns over the obvious rushing of games. It's really frustrating to watch someone who clearly isn't enjoying themselves and is just racing through games for a deadline.

Along those same lines, Phil, your channel is a mess at the moment. At a quick count, you've published 40+ videos in the past 2 days, totaling more time than someone would spend at a full time job. That's bonkers. I understand that you're trying to get through everything, but you're practically forcing everyone to watch the first and last part of a playthrough and ignore the middle because they simply don't have time to watch.

For months now you've had successful first parts, a rapidly declining to 10-20% retention rate for the middle portion, and then maybe 50% catch up on the final part of a playthrough. People show up for the beginning of games no matter what. You need to reevaluate what you're doing for all those parts in between. For how often you've claimed that your fans show up for you and not the game, it's beginning to seem like exactly the opposite; they get their "Quick Look" and then they're gone.

Embrace it. Make your first hour of gameplay important. Don't faff around in menus for 10 minutes and then get salty if servers are acting weird. Be informative. Do research. Make every part 1 a first impressions video. Every introduction to a playthrough is an amazing chance for you to introduce yourself to a new audience, but way, way too often, it's just a bunch of complaints, misinformation, and aimless dicking around. Play the game for a little while before hand, maybe plan out some jokes and learn the controls. Viewers really, really appreciate putting in some effort.

5700 people have watched BO3 part one. 600 have watched part 12. Either make part one really fucking compelling, or give them a reason to watch part 12. Recently, you haven't been doing either one.

Edited by BigEAngstrom
  • Upvote 5

6 hours ago, BigEAngstrom said:

Agreed with the concerns over the obvious rushing of games. It's really frustrating to watch someone who clearly isn't enjoying themselves and is just racing through games for a deadline.

Along those same lines, Phil, your channel is a mess at the moment. At a quick count, you've published 40+ videos in the past 2 days, totaling more time than someone would spend at a full time job. That's bonkers. I understand that you're trying to get through everything, but you're practically forcing everyone to watch the first and last part of a playthrough and ignore the middle because they simply don't have time to watch.

For months now you've had successful first parts, a rapidly declining to 10-20% retention rate for the middle portion, and then maybe 50% catch up on the final part of a playthrough. People show up for the beginning of games no matter what. You need to reevaluate what you're doing for all those parts in between. For how often you've claimed that your fans show up for you and not the game, it's beginning to seem like exactly the opposite; they get their "Quick Look" and then they're gone.

Embrace it. Make your first hour of gameplay important. Don't faff around in menus for 10 minutes and then get salty if servers are acting weird. Be informative. Do research. Make every part 1 a first impressions video. Every introduction to a playthrough is an amazing chance for you to introduce yourself to a new audience, but way, way too often, it's just a bunch of complaints, misinformation, and aimless dicking around. Play the game for a little while before hand, maybe plan out some jokes and learn the controls. Viewers really, really appreciate putting in some effort.

5700 people have watched BO3 part one. 600 have watched part 12. Either make part one really fucking compelling, or give them a reason to watch part 12. Recently, you haven't been doing either one.

Not sure if agree about looking things up i rather have him learn in real time and have his first experience with games. I think the biggest difference is if you go back and watch his old channel is how he is seems to have alot more fun playing the game and it comes off in the videos. Now it feels like a job and he is trying to get through each game and never fully enjoy them there just a chore of getting threw a game and less about the fun and enjoyment. You go back and watch his old playthrough's hes laughing, making jokes and your enjoying the games with him and laughing at the same time. Now its nothing like that what so ever he just plays every new game and there is not much if any fun left.  Now people just watch to see him fail and for drama. Two completely different audiences now most people who actually watched for fun are gone IMO now its just people who like the drama for most part or still have hope. 

Edited by cooper
  • Upvote 2

I agree that Phil has a tendency to rush through games, especially if it's getting close to the release date of another game he wants to play. I think he just needs to play fewer games and not worry so much about playing what he does play on release day. As for looking things up I'd say it depends on what he's looking up. The start of his WWE 2k16 MyCareer was, to be frank, a disaster. It wouldn't have been if he'd actually bothered to look up how to put his face in the game beforehand. Things like that should be looked up before he tries to do them. 

I also think he needs to drastically shorten the beginning of his streams, when he does streams. He shouldn't wait more than 5 minutes for people to show up and the prestream itself shouldn't be more than 10 minutes. Anyone who's never watched him before is going to want to wait 20-45 minutes for him to talk about whatever it is he's gonna talk about on the prestream. If he wants to talk about youtube or whatever that should be a separate video, people are there to watch him play a game not vent about what's frustrating him. Also, a Patreon plug doesn't need to be more than "consider pledging to my patreon, even $1 a month is a big help and you can get some cool perks". That's it. You don't need to describe every detail of the Patreon because people can go there and see the perks and goals for themselves.

The simplest solution, in my opinion, is to stop doing prestreams entirely. Instead record what would be the prestream before starting the stream as a Daily Update video. That way after he waits for people to show up to the stream he can just jump straight into the game.

Edited by SG21
  • Upvote 2