The King of Hate Forums
JWA93

TotalBiscuit just revealed he only has 2-3 years left to live.

I know this is off topic but TotalBiscuit beat Cancer this year and he just revealed it has come back and it is inoperative and has no cure! I'm seriously sad! I wish him the very best and hope he has more than just 2-3 years! 

Well, I don't know if there is really a right way to tell people this, so I guess here goes. The CT did not come back negative. The cancer in the bowel is gone, but spots have appeared in my liver. They're not operable and there's no cure. Average life expectancy is 2-3 years, though there are outliers that live much longer. I'll be back on chemo in a few weeks, with the goal of pushing it back and keeping it there for as long as possible. I fully intend to be the outlier, the average is this way because most people that get this are old and not strong anymore. Who knows what they'll come up with in the next decade? I intend to beat it for as long as possible. Gonna need some time to process all of this. I don't really feel anything right now. Thanks.

You don't have to be a fan of his to know the gaming industry would be losing a valuable contributor, not to mention his friends and family losing a loved one. I hope he gets through it, but if not possible, can at least make the best of the time he has left.

I also wanna flip a huge middle finger to all the SJW's who wished death on him within the past year.

• Upvote 1

Sad that he has to deal with this tragic disease.  I'll be pissed off if any of the anti-GGers or SJWs try to "celebrate" this news.

Some of them really need to do some serious thinking about whether they want the last thing they said to him to be held over their heads for the rest of their lives.

• Upvote 2

Some of them really need to do some serious thinking about whether they want the last thing they said to him to be held over their heads for the rest of their lives.

I never exactly liked the guy, hell, he would refer to DSP and such like as if he always took the easy way and crap like that which wasn't true. However, I never wish death upon a fellow living thing or person. The guy was a big trash talker, but the guy doesn't deserve to die or anything. I wish him good luck that this passes.

• Upvote 2

I don't wish death on anyone because you never know when it's going to come back to you.

Sad that he has to deal with this tragic disease.  I'll be pissed off if any of the anti-GGers or SJWs try to "celebrate" this news.

What is SJWs?

The easily offended people who complain that everything is racist, sexist, and/or homophobic.

The type of people that cause political correctness to rise and conquer us all.  Oh, MOA, in the last post, I'm sorry if I angered you but I just can't stand people always thinking conservatives are brainless.  Yeah, there are conservatives that are off the wall like many other liberals but they do bring some valid points.

I wasn't a regular follower of TB, but whenever I saw his videos, he seemed like a fairly reasonable guy, likely in the upper echelon of intelligent game industry commentary. If I had more time, I'd probably follow him. 

Still, I do feel a little sadness for him as well as shock that his cancer came back. For most people, it must be a real downer to know that you're on borrowed time, but the way he worded that brief message, it sounds like he has some fight in him. I hope the people in his life will do all they can to support him, so that he can live his final years with solace. 

Ouch.  This is one of those occasions where I don't realise how much I appreciate someone until the risk of them disappearing presents itself... I didn't religiously follow his content, but when he puts out a good opinion piece, he puts out a damn well articulated opinion piece (even if I don't agree with it).  The idea of him dying hurts as much as Robin Williams death... ok let's not speak of it like it's already happened though and focus on the positive.  People have defied medical predictions before.

The guy is a juggernaught.  I could mention negative points about him, but they're so superfluous and minor in the face of everything else.  Truly a force for good in gaming.

Whilst there is no cure for cancer, there are preventitive, anti-carcinogenic medicinal substances you can take and I hope he researches into that to prolong his life and support his health as much as possible, having a meticulous, squeaky clean diet and lifestyle.  This is the age of information and the internet can give you what you need to take your health into your own hands if you know how to look.

• Upvote 2

Well... This is definitely a hard hitter. I almost don't know what to say, TB has been somebody I've watched for years, but the idea that he'd be gone is... insane.

I don't watch his stuff, but that is indeed terrible. I really thought he'd beat it considering he's still a young guy.

We'll see what happens, it's too soon to say.

-Reads article, is fucking pissed & sad-

2015 is going to be a shit year isn't it? I never really watched TB much, but I do respect what he does for the gaming industry and the sheer number of SJW asses he's kicked. I've had family members killed because of cancer, so I have a good idea of what his poor family is going through right now. Cancer is a tenacious little shit that's claim thousands if not millions and billions of lives. The day medical science advances enough to wipe it out from the face of the planet, I'll get several liters of Mountain Dew and raise a toast to its demise.

The Lesson in all of this? Fuck Cancer.

• Upvote 2

-Reads article, is fucking pissed & sad-

2015 is going to be a shit year isn't it? I never really watched TB much, but I do respect what he does for the gaming industry and the sheer number of SJW asses he's kicked. I've had family members killed because of cancer, so I have a good idea of what his poor family is going through right now. Cancer is a tenacious little shit that's claim thousands if not millions and billions of lives. The day medical science advances enough to wipe it out from the face of the planet, I'll get several liters of Mountain Dew and raise a toast to its demise.

The Lesson in all of this? Fuck Cancer.

Amen Brother.

I lost someone close to me because of cancer last year and I can totally understand TB's situation. I hope things go well for him from here. Fuck cancer.

Tragic news. Haven't always agreed with him but his pro-consumer stance has been admirable in a media that is so focused on clicks/views/buys. He's also by far the best PC focused critic out there.

Hopefully his relative young age means he can keep going for much longer than the average. I've heard of people living 10+ years with that type of cancer.

• Upvote 4

I feel really awful about this. He's such a good talent, and such a good informer, and seems a genuinely nice dude. I really hopes he's able to beat the odds.

Everyone knows that TotalBiscuit has gotten sick. Well he posted on twitter some ways to help Cancer victims. Maybe some of us including Phil could throw some money his way. He's sort of been part a part of the let's play community for a long time. Thought this deserved it's own topic so it didn't get lost in other thread. Will get more exposure this way, Anyways if you'd like to donate the link is below. 

http://www.takethistb.com

Would be great to see Let's players help out each other. It would especially be cool if Phil donated!