The King of Hate Forums
DaddyAbraham

Book Suggestions

Currently finishing up the most recently translated book in The Witcher series. It's been a great read, and honestly is right up there with the likes of A Song of Ice in Fire, IMO. Also highly recommended if you like the games.

Read the five books in a song of ice and fire that are released and then cry when you finish the fifth and realize the next one isn't going to be out for a very long time.

• Upvote 1

Dune by Frank Herbert is an absolute must if your into scifi.

Wheel of Time series is pretty good fantasy. Its just a huge time investment. 

Currently reading The collected works of Renzo Navatore. 

It depends on your taste really, I'd recommend actually reading Your Hate Mail Will Be Graded if you're looking for a fun read filled with sarcasm and hilarity. If you're looking for some horror I'd pick up New Cthulhu: The Recent Weird, And if you want some good old fashioned fantasy I would go for The Hobbit it's a good time.

Currently finishing up the most recently translated book in The Witcher series. It's been a great read, and honestly is right up there with the likes of A Song of Ice in Fire, IMO. Also highly recommended if you like the games.

​I feel it's a shame that the novels are plagiarized, because that really hurt my interest in the games.

That being said, I thought the source Andrzej Sapowski plagiarized, Michael Moorcock's Elric of Melniboné, is a great read.

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant by Stephen Donaldson. Seriously one of the best fantasy series I've ever read, and without a doubt up there with ASOIF in my opinion. 

Also 1984 by George Orwell. It still has one of the most haunting endings I've ever experienced.

• Upvote 1

I'd recommend most of Stephen King's works, especially The Stand and The Dark Tower series. Another classic book would be A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess. Another one I haven't heard anyone ever really talk about that I enjoyed would be The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks, very intriguing set in a very interesting universe with great characters and plot that keeps you going through all 3 books.

The Hobbit -is really good. It has a different tone than the movies and is pretty short so easy to read on the plane or train

The Musketeers - Now hear me out I know this book is old but it's a really fun read and the characters are extremely likable.

• Like 1

Herodotus's histories - might sound boring at first but they're well told tales and, well, Herodotus is the father of history after all.

Livy's "ab urbe condita" is another great read which I highly recommend although remember to pace yourself!

On 1/9/2015 at 5:45 AM, csos95 said:

Read the five books in a song of ice and fire that are released and then cry when you finish the fifth and realize the next one isn't going to be out for a very long time.

Good news; it looks like the series will be coming to a end soon. I don't have the details on me

but the end is nigh! About time too!!

If you are into comic books:

Action Comics Vol 1 775

V for Vendetta 

Amazing Spidee-man Renew your Vows

Wolverine Origin

Batman Year One

TheDarkness 

XO-Manowar

Some good old Hunter S Thompson, American icon..  Not so much Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas although it is a fantastic book but I'd recommend something like Hells Angels: The Strange and Terrible Saga of the Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs or  Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail 1972