The King of Hate Forums
EmeraldArcher

YouTube Red Revenue Split

I'm making this thread because I don't want people to be misinformed. Phil was incorrect in his prestream today when he said YouTube hasn't told anyone what the split is. They have. The split is 45/55. YouTube takes 45% of the subscription price, the other 55% is split among the youtubers you watch based on view time. The example they gave was this. Say you watch 10 hours of videos in a month and 2 hours of that was spent watching one YouTuber, that youtuber would $1.10 from your subscription payment at the end of the month. I hope this cleared things up for people.

Edited by EmeraldArcher

Intresting. Thanks for clearing that up. But my concern is if you watch so many people what happens if you can split the $550 any further? Also the "You dont get payed for trial users" comment is fucked.

Edit: No idea where I got $550 from.

Edited by TraditionalGames

Intresting. Thanks for clearing that up. But my concern is if you watch so many people what happens if you can split the $550 any further? Also the "You dont get payed for trial users" comment is fucked.

Edit: No idea where I got $550 from.

I agree that it sucks that people won't be getting paid for trial users, but it makes sense. I mean, there's no money to split from a free trial.

I agree that it sucks that people won't be getting paid for trial users, but it makes sense. I mean, there's no money to split from a free trial.

You're telling me YouTube cant afford to pay YTers upto $5 out of pocket? That's what Amazon does when a Prime user gets a free Ebook.

• Upvote 1

Im actually intrested in this since you are paid by viewing time and not views. And the money you can make seems like alot since its for one person. But I don't like how the money is split amongsts YouTubers. That just leads to people get screwed out of profits. They should be payed at flat rate.