Jump to content
The King of Hate Forums
EmeraldArcher

YouTube Red Revenue Split

Recommended Posts

I'm making this thread because I don't want people to be misinformed. Phil was incorrect in his prestream today when he said YouTube hasn't told anyone what the split is. They have. The split is 45/55. YouTube takes 45% of the subscription price, the other 55% is split among the youtubers you watch based on view time. The example they gave was this. Say you watch 10 hours of videos in a month and 2 hours of that was spent watching one YouTuber, that youtuber would $1.10 from your subscription payment at the end of the month. I hope this cleared things up for people.

Edited by EmeraldArcher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Intresting. Thanks for clearing that up. But my concern is if you watch so many people what happens if you can split the $550 any further? Also the "You dont get payed for trial users" comment is fucked.

 

Edit: No idea where I got $550 from.

Edited by TraditionalGames

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Intresting. Thanks for clearing that up. But my concern is if you watch so many people what happens if you can split the $550 any further? Also the "You dont get payed for trial users" comment is fucked.

 

Edit: No idea where I got $550 from.

I agree that it sucks that people won't be getting paid for trial users, but it makes sense. I mean, there's no money to split from a free trial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that it sucks that people won't be getting paid for trial users, but it makes sense. I mean, there's no money to split from a free trial.

You're telling me YouTube cant afford to pay YTers upto $5 out of pocket? That's what Amazon does when a Prime user gets a free Ebook.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im actually intrested in this since you are paid by viewing time and not views. And the money you can make seems like alot since its for one person. But I don't like how the money is split amongsts YouTubers. That just leads to people get screwed out of profits. They should be payed at flat rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...