The King of Hate Forums
Aceman

Halo 5 speedrun

The way in which he handled this playthrough is absolutely ridiculous. First of all, he had a negative attitude towards the game before even starting playing it! Then, he starts to run past enemies and complain that it is boring? Well, it is a fifth game in the series so yes, it'll feel very familiar, but there are still plenty new gameplay mechanics worth checking out. If you thought this game was going to completely revolutionise the FPS genre, then I think maybe your expectations were too high? Also, if the game's too easy then up the difficulty setting for God's sake! It's the same situation as with Witcher 3 playthrough - complains about the game being too easy but is too stubborn to up the difficulty level. 

Seriously man, I don't know what's happening to you lately. I remember when I started watching you, you used to give every game a fair chance. Hell, you used to complete shitty games like Men in Black and Bodycount and do a review afterwards. Now, to answer the question you asked in today's pre-stream - maybe this overly negative attitude is the reason for lower views...

• Upvote 2

He played the game for views alone. You can tell he does not like it and is just trying to finish it as quick as possible. Hes never been a fan of the series at all. The last few games hes hated and made fun of well playing. 

So much negativity and for what? You didnt have to watch this one if you didnt like the Halo gameplay, plenty of us do. But he pointed out flaws in the game, so what.

Edited by hardcoreparkour
  • Upvote 1

So much negativity and for what? You didnt have to watch this one if you didnt like the Halo gameplay, plenty of us do. But he pointed out flaws in the game, so what.

What gameplay, him running past things trying to abuse the game? Im not a fan of speed runs they dont show how a normal person plays the game.

Alright, Here's my take on this bullshit Phil is calling a "Playthrough". This is not a playthrough this is flat out a speedrun. Keep in mind that I am a Halo fan when reading my opinions. I agree with other posts in this thread that Phil was never willing to give this game a chance. He wants to sit there and say being able to run past mass groups of enemies is bad game design. I'm sorry Phil, you really don't get it. This is a game franchise that has built up a massive speedrunning community on the internet. So to a large extent the devs over the years have designed the games in a way to cater to that community. Bottom line is you don't have to play the game that way. And let's be honest the campaign isn't complete shit. There are some things that irk me a bit such as the emphasis on co-op with no split-screen or matchmaking for co-op and the friendly ai being absolute garbage which is par for the course. But make it easier to play co-op with people online with matchmaking. But it is a solid campaign it's just Phil is speedrunning and calling it a playthrough so of course he's not enjoying it. Let's be honest Phil has been biased against Halo ever since he played Halo 3: ODST way back when. And as a fan of the franchise it pains me to watch Phil continually play the games the way he does and then shit on them. There's some great gameplay improvements in this game that Phil is barely using at all because he wants to rush through it as fast as he can. The story i will agree is a bit meh for me and the problem is it takes about 2/3s of the game for the story to really kick into high gear. But this game takes the Halo universe in a very interesting direction moving forward. But as a fan of Halo I have decided to stop watching any of Phil's playthroughs of the games going forward.

Alright, Here's my take on this bullshit Phil is calling a "Playthrough". This is not a playthrough this is flat out a speedrun. Keep in mind that I am a Halo fan when reading my opinions. I agree with other posts in this thread that Phil was never willing to give this game a chance. He wants to sit there and say being able to run past mass groups of enemies is bad game design. I'm sorry Phil, you really don't get it. This is a game franchise that has built up a massive speedrunning community on the internet. So to a large extent the devs over the years have designed the games in a way to cater to that community. Bottom line is you don't have to play the game that way. And let's be honest the campaign isn't complete shit. There are some things that irk me a bit such as the emphasis on co-op with no split-screen or matchmaking for co-op and the friendly ai being absolute garbage which is par for the course. But make it easier to play co-op with people online with matchmaking. But it is a solid campaign it's just Phil is speedrunning and calling it a playthrough so of course he's not enjoying it. Let's be honest Phil has been biased against Halo ever since he played Halo 3: ODST way back when. And as a fan of the franchise it pains me to watch Phil continually play the games the way he does and then shit on them. There's some great gameplay improvements in this game that Phil is barely using at all because he wants to rush through it as fast as he can. The story i will agree is a bit meh for me and the problem is it takes about 2/3s of the game for the story to really kick into high gear. But this game takes the Halo universe in a very interesting direction moving forward. But as a fan of Halo I have decided to stop watching any of Phil's playthroughs of the games going forward.

So he's still just running past everything? Must be a dull playthrough if that's the case.

He shouldn't have played this.He had a negative attitude towards it from the beginning and it seems like he plays it just for some extra views(not too much though).That being said the campaign is pretty weak,some of the chapters are a joke and seems the same as other Halo games.

He shouldn't have played this.He had a negative attitude towards it from the beginning and it seems like he plays it just for some extra views(not too much though).That being said the campaign is pretty weak,some of the chapters are a joke and seems the same as other Halo games.

I will agree it's definitely not the greatest of Halo campaigns. I've outlined a lot of my problems with it in my previous post. But here's the thing and this is just my take it doesn't have to blow you away more of the same isn't necessarily a bad thing. Most people know that Halo's strength always has been the multiplayer outside of the Master Chief Collection which ugh as a Halo fan that was a horrible launch. But for Phil to sit there and call it a playthrough is bullshit. He had no interest in giving this campaign a fair shake and was playing it for views. Well here's the problem with that a lot of the people who would watch it won't because he's not really playing the game he's just rushing through it as fast as he can. So the appeal is gone but that's just my opinion and as i've said before Phil has had a negative bias towards the series ever since Halo 3: ODST and it shows.

Sorry, so because the game was easy on normal difficulty he should take more time than necessary? If the game was easy I'd go faster through it at well. It doesn't make it a "speed run" of any sort, that's just ridiculous to insinuate, take that back.

Edited by Davey_J_Jr

Sorry, so because the game was easy on normal difficulty he should take more time than necessary? If the game was easy I'd go faster through it at well. It doesn't make it a "speed run" of any sort, that's just ridiculous to insinuate, take that back.

There's a difference between it being easy and Phil refusing to actually play it, instead choosing to just run past everything. He clearly just wants to get through the campaign as fast as possible.

Hey I can run through whole stages in Dark Souls.Does that mean it's easy?No it means I decided to skip the enemies

well you could, but then, you will, not be getting souls to level up.

I think this might be one worst playthroughs he's done. Up there with witcher 2 for me. 

He is just trying to rush through the game. Phil is the only one i have seen that tries to avoid combat, In a FPS game. Its not the game or designer's fault.  They did not expect someone to hate the game and try to rush through it all quickly.  Would you rather them made it scripted and linear so you cant? 

Edited by cooper

I don't understand why he plays games that he has absolutely zero interest in. It's been evident for years that he doesn't like the Halo franchise. His hatred towards Halo: ODST - one of the most well-liked Halo games among Halo fans - is well known. Why even bother?

"Exposing" the game by running past enemies is ridiculous. You can do that in almost every single game out there.

• Upvote 2

I don't understand why he plays games that he has absolutely zero interest in. It's been evident for years that he doesn't like the Halo franchise. His hatred towards Halo: ODST - one of the most well-liked Halo games among Halo fans - is well known. Why even bother?

"Exposing" the game by running past enemies is ridiculous. You can do that in almost every single game out there.

i'd play through the game, without rushing, even if i don't really like Halo.

i'd play through the game, without rushing, even if i don't really like Halo.

The fast he finishes it the more money he can make since no one wants to watch halo. Its obvious he does not like it so why would anyone else have fun watching this guy play it?

The fast he finishes it the more money he can make since no one wants to watch halo. Its obvious he does not like it so why would anyone else have fun watching this guy play it?

didn't he do the same with LiS Episode 5?

That is really disrespectful towards Phil, topic should be changed as its misleading, how is this a speedrun?! Obviously someone misunderstands what a speedrun is.

how is it disrespectful? It's clearly a speedrun even if Phil doesn't consider it one. He is skipping any and all enemies that he can. That in itself is a speedrun.  And we're just having a healthy discussion with differing opinions no disrespect to be found here.

18 hours ago, EnragedTaco said:

Just sprinting through it isn't the way to go about it for an audience, but I don't blame him for hating the game. It's probably my least favorite one in the franchise and I'm a huge Halo fan. 

imo Halo 1 and 2 were the best, after 3 i stopped playing.

2 hours ago, Darksphere92 said:

imo Halo 1 and 2 were the best, after 3 i stopped playing.

I think Halo 3 and Reach are worth your time :] Honestly ODST wasn't a bad game. Play it in co-op and get all of the audio logs and it was actually a pretty cool experience if you're at all interested in the Covenant invasion of Earth.