The King of Hate Forums
One

Most difficult game you've played in your life?

So far that I can remember, the hardest game I have played was the Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

As much as it is a classic to me, it was hard as shit.  I remember first beating the game on Easy difficulty and I died over 121 times.

Every boss fight was hard for me to figure out until I was able to learn their pattern and develop strategies to beat them.

The hardest game I remember struggling with a lot is Crash Bash.  

The actual adventure mode itself was not too difficult. It was the post-game content that really spiked up the difficulty level. The gold and platinum relics, as well as some of the crystal challenges, were insanely difficult. I have not touched the game in years, so I do not know how I would fare with the challenges at this point.

I played this at a young age but 

- Didn't know where to go

- Game is really specific

- When your doing the right hand motions your still doing the same thing for an hour

- You have to levitate a boulder up a steep hill for reasons of idefk 

- When you get lost and talk to NPC's all they did was insult you and give you no help or advice on what to do

http://thekingofhate.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2015_01/78262_front.jpg.01b937d50c0cbc3f04a4b585569a5663.jpg

Good difficult game? Probably Metal Gear Rising : Revengeance or Super Meat Boy, good in balanced difficulty. Not too punishing for losing and keeps you interested even if you fail.

Bad difficult game? Perfect Dark on some of the bullshit Simulant missions. They basically became unstoppable robots that could react SO MUCH FASTER than you ever could and also they'd one-shot you pretty much all the time lol, wish they'd put more design into making the challenge more fair.

I don't play exceedingly difficult games except for the time I played Serious Sam: The First Encounter on Serious difficulty. I must have quick saved every 30 seconds and I was still a one man concentration camp, Josef Mengele smiled up at me from hell. I think my FPS skill/hand-eye coordination has permanently improved since then. Also, it surely wouldn't be quite as hard for me now but the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time was absolutely brutal as a 7 year old. I get a headache just thinking about it.

I played this at a young age but 

- Didn't know where to go

- Game is really specific

- When your doing the right hand motions your still doing the same thing for an hour

- You have to levitate a boulder up a steep hill for reasons of idefk 

- When you get lost and talk to NPC's all they did was insult you and give you no help or advice on what to do

​Jesus man, Don't even get me started on PS1 Harry Potter and the Philospher's Stone(Sorcerers stone if you will).  Whooped my ass continuously, I did enjoy fighting the troll in the bathroom though. But Herbology, Quidditch and seeking Hagrads fire bird was a pain. The game you mentioned though looks like it would strain your arm.

I can't progress at all in Demons or Dark Souls. I remember the exact moment I quit that series forever. I made it farther than I ever had before with numerous potions, full health, beat an enemy that was giving me a lot of grief without taking damage, and began crossing a bridge. I was on top of the world. Shortly after that soaring overhead behind me a big ass dragon came out of nowhere and torched the entire bridge killing me instantly. Never again lol. 

Actually, forget that I said that Crash Bash was the hardest game for me. No no, Mobile Armor has definitely been the hardest game I have played up to date. It is a tank simulator with some hard controls. It is so difficult, especially the last mission. The last boss was one of the biggest pains ever. After a few rage quits and a "I am not leaving until I beat this darn boss" run that ended up being 2 hours of retries and frustration, I was finally able to pull it off.

Fire Emblem Thracia 776 (AKA Fire Emblem 5). You'll rip your hair out before you finish this game. I almost did.

Also, F-Zero GX. I love that game, but holy hell, is that game BRUTAL. You barely have any space for mistakes and once you do make a mistake, forget it, you lost the race. Either that or a CPU will knock you off the course, making you use your limited, and precious, retries. Don't even let me get started on Story mode... xD

Heart of Darkness on PS1 was probably the first game that ever sent me into a rage fit.

Siren on PS2 was the next one, and then Ninja Gaiden 2 on the 360 (Black was also difficult, but not as much).

I still love all 3 of these games, though. Siren especially, it's one of the scariest survival horror games I've ever played, and I think the difficulty added to that.

Never played a Dark Souls game...I know my limits :laugh:.