The King of Hate Forums
BrickArts295

Fallout 4 - Official Thread // "It's like Skyrim but with Synths"

fallout-4-banner-1000.thumb.jpg.d04de71e

Today is the day, or tomorrow for some yall. But the long anticipated Fallout 4 is finally out an about. Let's keep all conversations and topics in this thread, starting with these 2 news.

Reviews:

• Open Critic < 90 avg atm
  • Metacritic < 90 avg atm
  • Gamespot : 9/10
  • Polygon : 9.5/10
  • IGN : 9.5/10
  • Eurogamer : Recommended
  • Videogamer : 9/10
  • Gametrailers - 9/10
  • Push Square : 9/10
  • God is Geek : 9/10
  • Jimquisiton : 9.5/10
  • Game Informer : 9/10
  • Destructoid : 7.5/10
  • Gamereactor Sweden: 10/10
  • RPGSite: 9/10
  • Venturebeat : 93/100
  • PC Gamer – 88/100
  • Gamesradar : 5/5
  • PSU : 9.5/10
  • PCgamesN : 8/10
  • Rock Paper Shotgun
  • High Def Digest : 4.5/5
  • Playstation Lifestyle : 8/10
  • We Got This Covered : 4.5/5
  • Impulse Gamer : 5/5

Performance:

Digital Foundry http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-fallout-4-performance-analysis

All things put into perspective, Fallout 4 does hold 30fps as a general rule, but drops are noticeable. For example, moving between major city areas is a particular strain on the engine, causing PS4 and Xbox One to drop to 20fps in matching spots on the map. Like clockwork, each platform lurches downward for a spell when passing a threshold in the environment - suggesting assets are being decompressed on the fly for the next location. 30fps is restored relatively quickly on arriving at the next spot, and it's business as usual from there. However it's not an ideal setup when these connecting areas are filled with enemies, and controller response suddenly takes a hit - though PS4 holds a frame-rate advantage in matching runs.

On top of this, Xbox One is unique in its suffering of a stuttering issue, halting the game experience for up to a second during play. It's a glaring hitch downward, and matching runs to the gates of Diamond City shows Xbox One dropping to a record 0fps (zero) while PS4 turns the same corner at 28fps. Each has their blips, but having tested two separate Xbox One and PS4 consoles, the results are always the same across the world at large; we get sizeable stutters on Microsoft's console that aren't present on PS4.

For now though, evidence so far suggests those buying Fallout 4 on console should get an overall smoother experience from PS4. It's far from perfect, and we have a suspicion re-tests will be due once each machine receives new patches down the line. As ever, we'll update as new information comes in. Meanwhile, for those with PC as their platform of choice, all the signs look good for a smooth experience even on budget kit. We're currently putting together an in-depth guide to settings tweaks and recommended setups, so expect that in the next couple of days.

Phil is not gonna happy XD

Anyways enjoy Fallout 4 guys!

Edited by BrickArts295

22 minutes ago, salvador said:

Awwww I was hoping for "Graphics,Graphics never change" title LOL

But yeah,game seems to be running good on a low-end pcs(i3,750 Ti,8 gb RAM)

Glad to know, will eventually get on PC once there's a lot of mods out :P

For now I'll just enjoy the base game on PS4.

22 minutes ago, AlucardViDracul said:

I see IGN just made a video on how to get Power Armor within 5 mins of getting out of the tutorial area. Aka how to make Fallout 4 boring in 5 mins. 

you probably can't wear the suit right off the bat.

Just now, Darksphere92 said:

you probably can't wear the suit right off the bat.

You can, but it's a bit pointless since the thing moves like a tank. Meaning it will take ages to get to places.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, cooper said:

I challenge you all to play on hard.... Im doing it time to man up. 

Im playing on survival with no hud, fast travel, limit to three weapons, and I cannot carry more than 150 LBS

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GuessWhat said:

Im playing on survival with no hud, fast travel, limit to three weapons, and I cannot carry more than 150 LBS

Im playing using my feet with all that. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

Lol, I cannot top that.

Im joking im just playing on hard because every other fallout game i found easy on normal. 

15 minutes ago, Icureditwithmybrain said:

tl8VLQc.thumb.jpg.5fe540ba81c696ab572c89

That face is really freaking me out. What if you saw a person like that in real life, and he was constantly asking you for money? Just think about that for a moment.

Edited by GuessWhat

3 minutes ago, Darksphere92 said:

Sadly I can't join the cool kids. :( but I'll have Rise of The Tomb Raider, if that means anything. 

At least you can play it since I don't have an Xbox one or 360.

2 minutes ago, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

Get a new PC during the holidays, man!

My tummy hurts, well you see I doubt my dad would buy me something big this year since, last year I got a PS3,for the exclusive games which are good only disappointing one was Beyond Two Souls. 

3 minutes ago, Darksphere92 said:

My tummy hurts, well you see I doubt my dad would buy me something big this year since, last year I got a PS3,for the exclusive games which are good only disappointing one was Beyond Two Souls. 

Just get a PS4 dark.

4 minutes ago, Darksphere92 said:

Just do what NepNep and I have been suggesting or shut up about it.  Some of us are tired of you complaining about your console problems.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, CaptainDorito said:

Yo dawg, I heard you like complaining. So I'm going to complain about your complaining while you complain about my complaining about your complaining about my complaining.

Ya heard?

Please don't go off topic.

• Upvote 1