The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 57 - End of January 2016

UPDATE: The release time for this episode is now estimated to be in late January. Thanks!

Please post up your questions for the next episode of Ask the King here! Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Phil I hope u wouldn't mind answering another question for me as we all know the 7th gen consoles are ending and my question was what was your favorite exclusive on the PS3 Xbox 360 and Wii

• Upvote 1

Hey Phil. You understand jobs like most do. I'm 18 years of age, and I'm thinking of being a writer. But I want to work at Walmart at the moment. My question here is (drum roll.) Do you hate interviews? If so, could you name me a few. I'll tell you one of mine. "So why do you wish to join this company?" "Because money you idiot! What else?" Or, you have that dumbass thing they say that my friend went threw. "You could have been amazing, but the job goes to this Asshole because his friends work here." 

In your 7/8 years of making gameplay video's, were there any specific moments that stand out to you, that have made you the happiest? I'm talking about things like specific fan reactions, certain accomplishments or experiences with games you loved.

Edited by PurplePie
  • Upvote 1

Hey, Philip. Philadelphia. Whatever your name is. Two things I need to ask ya.

1: You seem to have a history with the band named "The Beatles." I want to know this because I'm a history-buff when it comes to musicians, and tyrant leaders like Stalin or Castro. Plus do you believe one direction is the new beatles, as some proclaim, for this new age of music. 

2: If a series of games go on to long does that mean the creator has lost flavor for new things? When you grow old, will you be playing Mass Effect X for the 10th generation of consoles?

Bonus question: We went pass the day that doc brown and Marty mcfly went forward to the future. (Oct, 21st, 2015) How does it feel? 

Hey Phil i wanna now your opinion on almost every new release that is published by publishers like Activision and EA always coming out with a season pass for new games that come out. A lot of gamers believe that acts like $50 season passes and microtransactions are going to be the end of gaming. Do you believe that? 

Hi, Phil. Again!

Two more questions for you: 

1. Any special events in mind for 2016?

2. I know that you don't read comics much these days but I was wondering what you thought about the "New 52" phase that DC Comics has introduced. 

Hi Phil, after improving your mic, soundproofing the room, upgrading your editing software could you give us a timeframe when you think you have saved up enough money to upgrade your camera? 

Would love to see you make the jump to 4K.

In line with this, YouTube has over the past decade upgraded their "p" output to 1080 (upscaled, not true 1080p I believe). When do you anticipate a true 1080p and 4K upgrade from their end?

Phil obviously you've been getting a lot of review copies of games this year (at least more than you have been in the past) and before you did you were buying most multi-console games for the PS4 because you prefer that console this generation. I for one was very happy that you were doing this cause that meant I could play the multiplayer games you got with you but now that you've been getting review copies they have been mostly on the Xbox One is that your own choice or the developers? If it is your choice why did you make the switch and if not what about the people like me who want to play the newest multiplayer games with you but own them on the PS4

Hey Phil. In your Until dawn gameplay, the story had horror cliches. Some I found tolerable while some were annoying like the jack in the box scares. I'm a aspiring filmmaker who wants to learn how to write good stories. Do you think some cliches can work for or against a story?  

Edited by gunnerman1400
  • Upvote 2

Hey Phil.  I am not a Donald Trump supporter I'm not here to kiss his ass ether.  but I have to say this and get it out here because its been on my mind ever since Octobers ask the king.  Bear with me on this please..  To be blunt you are in some ways much like Donald Trump...  Trump always speaks his mind, he is just not willing to play the usual political game much like you in the gaming culture.. hes not bought.   much like how you are not a sell out or biased in opinions on hot topics or games because you're paid to be. you are raw and unedited in your videos there are no filters in what you have to say.. Trump is not intimidated by the other candidates or by the media like you Phil with the childish haters and false videos that demonize you for just being yourself..  His out spoken and bombastic style are very appealing to people who feel like they lack a voice or power, like how you are the voice for the common gamer that is not as blessed as you with a successful business.. people get a vicarious thrill out of seeing somebody speak truth to power and they get this in spades with Trump and you Phil.. what do you think about this Phil? I would love to hear what you have to say.. keep up the good work.. much love from California

Phil. Not sure if you've ever had or answered this question, but what made you finally show your face back in the day? I brought this up only because recently I viewed a 2 millions viewed minecraft player from 2012 and his views are very low to this day. He has yet to show his face. So my question is how much does it matter to show your face now days as a gamer?

• Upvote 1

Dear darksydephil

I recently became a fan of yours  and I enjoy the content on your channel  one question I want to ask you is   What are your thoughts on konami treatment of hideo kojima. Recently if you have not heard hideo kojima was banned by konami from the game  awards and was not able to accept the award that he won. 

This is obviously not the first time konami  has screwed over kojima so I wanted to get your opinion on this 

I'm sorry that this is not a direct question about you phil I am still  very new to your channel and I appreciate the content and the hard work you put out for your fans thank you.

On 12/2/2015, 5:43:46, TheChief052 said:

Phil obviously you've been getting a lot of review copies of games this year (at least more than you have been in the past) and before you did you were buying most multi-console games for the PS4 because you prefer that console this generation. I for one was very happy that you were doing this cause that meant I could play the multiplayer games you got with you but now that you've been getting review copies they have been mostly on the Xbox One is that your own choice or the developers? If it is your choice why did you make the switch and if not what about the people like me who want to play the newest multiplayer games with you but own them on the PS4

I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft have some agreement with Machinima and other providers to release the review copies to their format. Phil much prefers the PS4 quite rightly as it's the more powerful machine so I'd wager on it not being his choice.  

Hey Phil I've been having some trouble recently saving money. It seems like every time I get my paycheck and cash it in I always end up spending it all and mostly on stuff I don't even need. I wanted to know if you've ever had gone through a habit of spending money? What did you do about it? And what tips would you give to someone who wants to do a better job of saving money. Thanks Phil and as always keep up the good work.

• Upvote 1

Hey Phil. I've been a loyal subscriber since 2009 and can assure you I won't be going anywhere anytime soon. My question to you is in regards to the Jak and Daxter series. I wanted to know your thoughts on it so far. You seemed to really enjoy the games. However I can tell you were really frustrated with Jak II's checkpoint system and to be honest, so was I. It is my favorite series of all time though and I really want to know your feelings. Keep up the good work and stay positive as always.

Edited by DarkEcoFreak

hey phil 

I don't know if you know that john and howard made a video discussing things about what you said on hate live. they were saying the things you were saying you were not telling the truth about him getting paid and more things. project seven and more projects. what is your reaction

Hey Phil!

I've been subscribed to your channel since 2010 and I've always really enjoyed watching your hateful truth game reviews. To me, your reviews on games have been the most unbiased and possibly the most accurate reviews I have seen on the internet! They really have 'no bullshit' included. :)

But to my actual question, as you've been saying over the past few years, you have been saying that your channel has seen a decline over the past few years. Many YouTubers such as AngryJoe for instance virtually just do game reviews and yet have amassed a large following. Have you ever considered completely scrapping your raw game playthroughs and all your other major series that you have and tried testing it out just plain reviewing? Because as one of your viewers, I can honestly say that your reviews are definitely one of your major strengths. :)

Thanks for reading, and I wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy new year from down under!

Andrew. :)

• Upvote 1

Hey Phil I noticed that when you play games you simply do a playthrough or "cover" it and stop playing it when you're done regardless of the amout of content or replay value. Not even games like Minecraft or the Sims which have a formula for endless gameplay held your attention for more than a month. But when it comes to WWE or SF they always become an ongoing series for the rest of their life cycle with your ocassional sims and casual SF matches. What is it with these games that keeps bringing you back over others and what do other games need to do to achieve this? Do you think rotating WWE with SFV once a week for a sunday stream would make for a good series?

DSP, it seems as though you enjoy the Yakuza 5 game. In my opinion, this is nothing bad because I find your commentary to be  f#$king hilarious. What aspects do you enjoy of this game? I know this probably will not be answered because it is a short question.

• Upvote 1

Hi DSP, me being a college professor always wanted to ask this question . me being a college grad and professor and you being a college grade did you ever think college was meant to control the minds of the people i have suspected that it controls what knowledge they want us to know and not what we really want to know EX. area 51 did you know theres a school that will train you control you to have access to its secrets . facts and leads : ...... http://area51.pe/home/#inicio

What is done with all of your LootCrate items after the unboxing? Neat for a video, but I can see many items being pretty useless.

• Upvote 2

Hey Phil, I have some questions regarding fighting games after your videos for Street Fighter V. I've tried several fighting games before, Blazblue, Guilty Gear, Persona 4 Arena, Tekken, and Soul Calibur. These were all brief stints and I felt like I never learned my fundamentals, so I've been looking forward to Street Fighter V because of its focus on core gameplay without gimmicks. However, I do not have a local fighting game community, so all of my gameplay will have to be ONLINE. I saw that you had a lot of trouble with trying to have proper matches over the internet, and my question is would you still recommend this game to someone who is new to fighting games and can only play online? If not, what other games could I try?

If you could go back in time to when you first started doing YouTube full time and keep all the knowledge you have now, is there anything you would do differently? 

If you were in charge of making a Mount Rushmore of gaming, which 4 video game characters would you choose? Personally I would pick Mario, Duke Nukem, Dante, and Sub-Zero 

• Upvote 1