The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 57 - End of January 2016

Dear Phil,

I am a fan of anime games, particularly the Dragon Ball Z games. In January of 2014, you played Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z. About a year later you played Dragon Ball: Xenoverse, and enjoyed it. There are many Dragon Ball games that you've missed out on that are even better than the two mentioned. My question to you is this: Would you consider playing the Dragon Ball Z: Budokai HD Collection (PS3/Xbox 360) as down-time during 2016? This is a dual-pack containing the first and last installment of the Budokai trilogy. It is made by Dimps, who co-developed Street Fighter V. This means that it would be very easy for you to adapt to the style of the game. It would please many anime fans, including myself, if you tried this game out.

Thank you for reading this and keep up the good work!

• Upvote 3

Hey Phil hope your doing well. I been a big WWE fan for a long time. After AJ lee quit WWE, she made a comment saying that WWE divas are under paid for the work they do compared to there male counter parts and they should deserve more recantation for there craft. Vince did not say anything against her comment to the public. I do understand that wrestling is mostly a male target audience but the divas played key parts in the story development and in my opinion were and are important to the WWE. They only give them one match a show and usually one PPV match as well. What are your thoughts on what divas division regarding this concern. Thank you     

• Upvote 1

I saw someone ask this already but I thought if it was a reoccurring question, you'd answer. I'm curious and want to know if there's any truth to the things said in John Rambo's podcast about you and the relationship between you and him/ you and Howard. Some of things said I agree with like talking about them in the last Ask the King rather than discussing such privately. You have to watch it yourself to get you on perspective; just search John Rambo and Howard expose DSP (it's over an hour long). When I watched it there seemed to be some misconceptions that they had about what you said in the last Ask the King (almost like the heard something rather than watching for themselves. Basically they thought you were questioning their integrity and manhood when you were saying that I they have an issue with you then they should address it to you like men. My question is, what is your response, thoughts, and opinions on what they had to say about you?

Phil,

Do you want kids? What would you name your son/daughter is you had kids? Does Leanna want kids? Have the two of you ever talked about it or it's just never come up?

Thanks,

WowDude

• Upvote 1

Hi DSP, I know that you have said in the past that you love your job and would want to do it for as long as you can but do you think that there will come a time when you will want to settle down and retire?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Volbeat said:

Hi DSP, I know that you have said in the past that you love your job and would want to do it for as long as you can but do you think that there will come a time when you will want to settle down and retire?

I think he's answered this before, but kudos to you for asking.

It'd be good for people to get a refresher on this. :)

Hello DSP!

Since there is a talk about how NASA will send humans to Mars in a decade or so, would you like to visit the red planet and what is your overall opinion on that topic?

Hey Phil, over the years that I've watched you, I have noticed that you have a bad temper when you react to such things like bugs or any problems in the game that shouldn't be in the game in your playthorughs. Also when you react to games that are ripoffs in your reviews,certain subjects that you bring up in your Ask the king videos, trolls, etc. I want to know is that, where did you get your bad temper from? Were your parents like that or you just developed it? Please answer. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Hey Phil, I learned recently that the Westboro Baptist Church is coming to my school in the morning on January 11th to protest from across the street against gays, same-sex marriage, the LGBT community, our GSA (Gay Straight Allience) club, etc. They are choosing us specifically because they will be in the LA area for the Golden Globes and I guess because our school is very liberal? I don't know exactly why we were specifically chosen. So many people have decided to band together to have a peaceful counter protest against them. I told my mother about this and that I would be joining it. She is a Christian, but does not agree With the methods of the Westboro. She also thinks that I should not participate in the counter protest because it does not directly affect me. While I myself am straight, I have many friends who are gay, bisexual, gender fluid, transgender, etc. and have been a supporter of gay rights for many years. I want to fight with them and stand up to these bullies because I personally feel that it is right. However, I do see my mother's point and understand why she would not want me involved in it as it is not directly for myself, it takes up a lot of time, and there is a very small chance of breaking out into violence. My question to you is should we as not just peers, students, or a community, but as people stand by and let these kinds of things happen to others we care about, even if it does not directly affect us, just to avoid conflict, or should we stand and fight for what we believe in, even if it is not for us directly? If you were in my shoes, what would you do? And if you were in my mother's shoes, how would you react towards your child? I am still participating in the counter protest, but I really wanted your opinion on the matter. Love your content. Keep up the awesome work and stay honest and funny. 

Jesse

hey phil what are your thoughts on beta programs for consoles, phones etc do you think they are needed? and if you got invited to one would use it? i am an xbox one preview member and a windows insider for windows phones

• Upvote 1

On 11/27/2015 at 7:20 PM, JustAHuman said:

Hi, Phil. Again!

Two more questions for you: 

1. Any special events in mind for 2016?

2. I know that you don't read comics much these days but I was wondering what you thought about the "New 52" phase that DC Comics has introduced. 

Please disregard these; they can wait until another time. 

Hi Phil

Been a huge fan of yours since 2010 and hope you keep up the good work.

MY question is Do you have any new year revolutions this year? or do you have any goals you would like to achieve?

Looking forward to another great year of content lets be positive beat all the haters and enjoy great games

• Upvote 1

Just wanted to ask if you d consider doing filming in outside spaces (backyard or a nearby park etc) to mix in with the other footage on the new channel in an effort to mix it up, change the normal format of you talking on the couch. Thanks

Also ever thought of buying a cheap light to light up your face on camera? A lot of people use it and it really enhances the video.

Can you give a detailed explanation about the diference between a favorite game and a best game? I ask it because i think that's something that isn't grasped by the people that criticize your rants about mainstream reviews.

Hi Phil, my question for you is regarding the game of 2015 with the best graphics, but is also regarding video game graphics in general. I recall you saying in your Hateful Truth review of The Order 1886 that you felt that the game had the best graphics you'd ever seen on a console. However, many people felt that with The Order 1886 its developers sacrificed many elements of the game, making it extremely linear, full of QTEs, cutscenes and had entire chapters of the game where gameplay took a backseat as your character could only walk slowly so that the game's assets and visuals could load. I want to know if your opinion of The Order 1886 still stands - in other words, do you think amazing graphics should just be appreciated as they are, regardless of how much developers cheated in order to achieve them, or do you think they should be admired much more if they were spread widely over open worlds with fully fleshed out gameplay? Either way, I would like to know which console game of 2015 you feel has the best graphics.

Many thanks!

Drazen

Hey Phil, I have a question for you in regards to the next presidential candidate race. There have been many debates for both the republican and the democrats. Which person are you leaning more towards on and why?

Hey Phil,

I have a rather personal question. My entire life I've been striving to achieve professional/personal success. From an infant age all the way through college, my parents and society have instilled in me that I must be successful. But now fast foward at the age of 28, working in manhattan having the job of my dreams and fortunate enough to be making a great salary......oddly enough I feel more lost than ever. Your entire life you have a goal for striving for success but I feel let down because once you reach it theres not much to go on from here. I know it's the ultimate first world problem but I feel so lost. What do you think I should focus my life on professionally? I feel more and more complacent every day.

In short, I feel life trains you how to get "success" but teaches you nothing about what to do when you have it.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Xiph0s said:

Hey Phil,

I have a rather personal question. My entire life I've been striving to achieve professional/personal success. From an infant age all the way through college, my parents and society have instilled in me that I must be successful. But now fast foward at the age of 28, working in manhattan having the job of my dreams and fortunate enough to be making a great salary......oddly enough I feel more lost than ever. Your entire life you have a goal for striving for success but I feel let down because once you reach it theres not much to go on from here. I know it's the ultimate first world problem but I feel so lost. What do you think I should focus my life on professionally? I feel more and more complacent every day.

In short, I feel life trains you how to get "success" but teaches you nothing about what to do when you have it.

Good question; nice to have a bit of variety! :)

In regards to your new three channel business plan I have to ask, if KOGaming becomes more popular than your other channels will you start putting more focus on it than the other channels? Like, will it become your primary channel?