The King of Hate Forums
Kushimaru

Ghost in the Shell Live Action Movie Thoughts

I'm curious as to what are everyone thoughts on the new Ghost in the Shell Live Action Movie. Will it turn out good, will it turn out bad, (Which it's gonna be in the end) and How can you guys suggested to make the live action movie better.

Well according to the people and it's been confirmed, Scarlett Johansson will star in the live-action Ghost in the Shell movie. Now a lot of anime fans and otaku's are really pissed off, not just because of the actor, but it's possible that Hollywood will screw up Ghost in the Shell just like they did to The Last Airbender (I know it's not an anime) and Dragon Ball Z. Now i can't confirmed on how this will turn out, but we have to wait to see when the movie comes out.

I got no hope for this movie. If the movie ends up being good then I'll eat my words, But that Dragon Ball movie really rubbed me off the wrong way when it comes to Anime adaptations, hell I'm glad we didn't get an Akira movie.

Avi Arad is producing this, god help us all.

I got no hope for this movie. If the movie ends up being good then I'll eat my words, But that Dragon Ball movie really rubbed me off the wrong way when it comes to Anime adaptations, hell I'm glad we didn't get an Akira movie.

Avi Arad is producing this, god help us all.

​Whats so bad about Avi Arad?

​Whats so bad about Avi Arad?

​Oh he ain't that bad, he can bring some great production design and amazing special effects to the film and he can get lucky if he has a good Co-Producer, For example he produced Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk, some would say Arad may have gotten his mojo back after the mess of Spider-Man 3 but no he just had Kevin Feige as Co-Producer which would explain why those films are good. For this film, Arad is co-producing with Steven Price and the last time they produced movies together we got two awful Ghost Rider movies. and a Bratz movie. This doesn't give me much confidence in the film, especially after Amazing Spider-Man 2.

​Oh he ain't that bad, he can bring some great production design and amazing special effects to the film and he can get lucky if he has a good Co-Producer, For example he produced Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk, some would say Arad may have gotten his mojo back after the mess of Spider-Man 3 but no he just had Kevin Feige as Co-Producer which would explain why those films are good. For this film, Arad is co-producing with Steven Price and the last time they produced movies together we got two awful Ghost Rider movies. and a Bratz movie. This doesn't give me much confidence in the film, especially after Amazing Spider-Man 2.

​Ouch, still I really hope Ghost in the shell is good.

I highly doubt it'll be good, but i hope it can be at least decent. Hell, Warner Brothers should do the job. Look what Warner Brothers did to Death Note, they did an amazing job on the live action Death Note Movies. (Except Part 3 cause it has nothing to do with the plot.)

I highly doubt it'll be good, but i hope it can be at least decent. Hell, Warner Brothers should do the job. Look what Warner Brothers did to Death Note, they did an amazing job on the live action Death Note Movies. (Except Part 3 cause it has nothing to do with the plot.)

​Even with the death note movies, the strayed alot from the manga especially with part 2.

Don't even get me fucking started with this bull shit. Here's my list of whammys.

1.  Hollywood wants to make a Live-Action of GITS. That in itself is very bad seeing as they ALWAYS fuck up Anime-to-Real Action movies.

2. Dreamworks....FUCKING Dreamworks obtained the license to do the live action movie. They have NEVER done anything as serious and hardcore as GITS before.

3. Scarlett Johansson got casted to "Star" and I fucking know its Motoko. She doesn't even LOOK like Motoko FFS!!!

4. Aside for Stevem Spielsberg to direct the movie, there were throwing rumors around they wanted George Lucas....*facepalm* These people are STUPID!!!!

I don't see how this can be good. At all.

I agree with pretty much everything everyone else said, but overall I just don't think they're gonna be able to replicate the feel and themes behind Ghost in the Shell, even they're even gonna try. I imagine it'll be focused much more on the action of the show, and even that probably won't match up. The action in the 1995 film was poetic with flow and weight to the combat. The final tank fight and the battle where Motoko was invisible in the water are great examples of the opposite of what a modenr day Hollywood film is. The lack of music, fluidity, and lack of spastic jumpcuts doesn't line up with what action is to Hollywood today.

Like others said, Scarlett Johansson doesn't make sense to me. I don't have anything against her and have generally enjoyed her work, but I dunno how good of a Major she can pull off. I mean, her figure alone. Is she gonna get ripped like Motoko for the film? Or is she gonna be dainty and curvey like in her other films. I'm not even gonna mention the fact that Motoko is nude for a large part of the film, I can't imagine thats gonna fly.

Oh, and the films gonna be directed by Rupert Sanders. All he's made is Snow White and the Huntsman. I haven't seen it but it didn't look to great from what I remember. Overall, I have very, very low expectations.

Treat it like any Anime to Real life adapted movie....assume that it'll be shit and you'll be ok. Having any good expectations of any kind will make you crash and burn so badly when one sees if the movie is not up to snuff.

i was dissapointed with the kenshin movies. it wasnt bad it was just barely above decent and that might be worse.

i believe ghost in the shell will be far worse. how can you capture kusanagis flair? who is even going to attempt to play batou? forget about the actors and suppose for a second they do wonders with casting.

what about the high tech environment? equipment? tachikomas? jigabachis? all cgi? the cost is gonna be crazy high or they are going to have to settle for cheap plastic models like the first dredd movie robot.

there are some anime that cant be transformed into live action. or better said, shouldnt be transformed into live action.

Did you know that they're gonna make a FPS game of Ghost in the Shell and it's almost identical to Call of Duty?

​Yeah I heard about it and I was fucking excited....until I was told that the Developers making the game are Pro "Pay-To-Win" game makers. Every game they developed has a cash shop with items that can give you a severe advantage. If they do this with GITS, it might as well crash and burn like the possibility of the Movie.

​Yeah I heard about it and I was fucking excited....until I was told that the Developers making the game are Pro "Pay-To-Win" game makers. Every game they developed has a cash shop with items that can give you a severe advantage. If they do this with GITS, it might as well crash and burn like the possibility of the Movie.

​Thats lame, I was hoping we were going to get a good next gen GITS game...

​Thats lame, I was hoping we were going to get a good next gen GITS game...

​They made the trailer look so good it gives you Hype...to those that don't know the developers. Name is Nexon are the Devs of GITS:Online. Also Marga Rabi, the blond from Wolf In Wallstreet or whatever its called, the one with DiCaprio, is possibly going to be Motoko as well. Again....another woman who doesn't have the fucking body type nor sounds similar to Motoko.

GITS Online Trailer. You can tell how Hype it is..

Please to god they better not fuck up this one. Otherwise I'm done with the GITS series.

​Allow me to fix your post

"Please to god they better not fuck up this one. Otherwise I'm done with Hollywood Movies."

There you go.

It seems like it could be good but the casting may screw it up IMO. Games were awesome for the PS1-2 era.

​Very much agree but unfortunately I never got the chance to play the PS2 GITS.

​Very much agree but unfortunately I never got the chance to play the PS2 GITS.

It is very cheap for like 20 bucks, I am not sure if it is on the PSN store but PS2 emulation has got better if you want to try it out.