The King of Hate Forums
CIA

"There have been some serious developments affecting myself and my business"

To dsp,

like the idea of more vlog style vids, since talking is your strong suit and they get views despite the haters lol. You should aim to build ur vlogging channel back to the popularity of kingofhateHD.

As far as a the new channel is concerned, i say, fuck it. Montages are already monopolized by popular youtubers/whores already, you are kinda late to the party. Besides, they suck and do not provoke any intelligent thoughts, but take tons of time to make. In other words, they cater to the bandwagoning children who have less than 10s of attention span. 

Normally, I have no problem u making a montage channel, I will just ignore it and just watch the playthrus. However,  the problem now is, it will take time away from your gaming channel. I would rather u spend your time making ur current channels better instead of putting it to a channel that may or may not take off. 

The biggest problem that will prevent your new channel from taking off are the haters. Hear me out, the purpose of the new channel is to get away from the hate by separating it from ur main channel. However, I guarantee it will not work,  in fact it will have the opposite effect. The haters will find ur new channel before any of your fans do and thumb everything down, cuz they don't have lives. What's worse is, the audience whom these montage vids are catered  to tend to be younger people, some of them have low intelligence, so they will more likely to drink the kool-aid and join the hate group. Think about this, plz.

My hope is you will take all this into consideration and rethink about the idea of making a 3rd channel. Instead, put this effort into ur vlogging channel, which seems be to unaffected by the trolls. Since controversial opinions still have values, people will watch u discuss things regardless of the dislikes. Also, it is less at risk in copyright strikes. Try aiming at making one vlog per day, like you used to way back in the day and I'm willing to bet money that you will see the difference

So he wont get a 9 to 5 because YouTube makes more money. Even if the YouTube fails....that's not how you should be thinking DSP. You have to have the basic necessities in case things go down the drain with YouTube. Food, shelter, etc as a man you can't just sink with your YouTube channel.

You don't need tech experience to get a job, there's many places such as restaurants, sales, cashier and so on don't require any tech abilities. I think you're being hard headed DSP and it's annoying to see how you're approaching this. Nothing lasts forever. You can still make money doing YouTube part time and get a stable job instead of YouTube revenue that's variable to views.   

13 minutes ago, KevinS said:

So he wont get a 9 to 5 because YouTube makes more money. Even if the YouTube fails....that's not how you should be thinking DSP. You have to have the basic necessities in case things go down the drain with YouTube. Food, shelter, etc as a man you can't just sink with your YouTube channel.

You don't need tech experience to get a job, there's many places such as restaurants, sales, cashier and so on don't require any tech abilities. I think you're being hard headed DSP and it's annoying to see how you're approaching this. Nothing lasts forever. You can still make money doing YouTube part time and get a stable job instead of YouTube revenue that's variable to views.   

No I agree with him. It's an uphill struggle to find a job in today's world, possible but it's way easier and less stressful to carry on with what he's doing. Also can't be good for him mentally to start working in customer focused environment when he's not used to that. He can get a job in finance with his degree but employers will ask what he's been doing for the last ten years and imagine they would prefer someone who's more used to it with more experience over that period. Plus there's other industries which favour younger workers than someone in their thirties, sad but true. 

2 hours ago, cenasucksdick said:

To dsp,

like the idea of more vlog style vids, since talking is your strong suit and they get views despite the haters lol. You should aim to build ur vlogging channel back to the popularity of kingofhateHD.

As far as a the new channel is concerned, i say, fuck it. Montages are already monopolized by popular youtubers/whores already, you are kinda late to the party. Besides, they suck and do not provoke any intelligent thoughts, but take tons of time to make. In other words, they cater to the bandwagoning children who have less than 10s of attention span.

Normally, I have no problem u making a montage channel, I will just ignore it and just watch the playthrus. However,  the problem now is, it will take time away from your gaming channel. I would rather u spend your time making ur current channels better instead of putting it to a channel that may or may not take off.

The biggest problem that will prevent your new channel from taking off are the haters. Hear me out, the purpose of the new channel is to get away from the hate by separating it from ur main channel. However, I guarantee it will not work,  in fact it will have the opposite effect. The haters will find ur new channel before any of your fans do and thumb everything down, cuz they don't have lives. What's worse is, the audience whom these montage vids are catered  to tend to be younger people, some of them have low intelligence, so they will more likely to drink the kool-aid and join the hate group. Think about this, plz.

My hope is you will take all this into consideration and rethink about the idea of making a 3rd channel. Instead, put this effort into ur vlogging channel, which seems be to unaffected by the trolls. Since controversial opinions still have values, people will watch u discuss things regardless of the dislikes. Also, it is less at risk in copyright strikes. Try aiming at making one vlog per day, like you used to way back in the day and I'm willing to bet money that you will see the difference

This has been said brilliantly.

The only thing is I don't want him to care about the haters (nitpickers) when he's working on his new stuff.

Edited by AshishAshLamps007

7 minutes ago, Davey_J_Jr said:

No I agree with him. It's an uphill struggle to find a job in today's world, possible but it's way easier and less stressful to carry on with what he's doing. Also can't be good for him mentally to start working in customer focused environment when he's not used to that. He can get a job in finance with his degree but employers will ask what he's been doing for the last ten years and imagine they would prefer someone who's more used to it with more experience over that period. Plus there's other industries which favour younger workers than someone in their thirties, sad but true. 

We can't enable him to not try though. He says that stuff but he probably hasn't filled out an application in over five years or something. It's not that bad out here that he'll get rejected everywhere. Sure you may not get the job you wanted, but if I was in his position I would switch to part time on YouTube and seek a job start filling out apps.

Like am I the only crazy one that suggests he should actually TRY before making these assumptions? Didn't Pandalee get a job not too long ago? 

So what you're telling him is that he has no chance of getting a job so he should stick to YouTube even if it means potentially losing his basic necessities in the process? 

1 minute ago, KevinS said:

We can't enable him to not try though. He says that stuff but he probably hasn't filled out an application in over five years or something. It's not that bad out here that he'll get rejected everywhere. Sure you may not get the job you wanted, but if I was in his position I would switch to part time on YouTube and seek a job start filling out apps.

Like am I the only crazy one that suggests he should actually TRY before making these assumptions? Didn't Pandalee get a job not too long ago? 

So what you're telling him is that he has no chance of getting a job so he should stick to YouTube even if it means potentially losing his basic necessities in the process? 

They're not assumptions mate, they're based on fact. It's a job to get a job in today's climate. There's literally hundreds of people interviewing to get my job, and I'm not that high-profile. I can imagine how hard it'd be to be on that side and it makes sense he sticks to what he knows! Phil isn't a quitter!

Just now, Davey_J_Jr said:

They're not assumptions mate, they're based on fact. It's a job to get a job in today's climate. There's literally hundreds of people interviewing to get my job, and I'm not that high-profile. I can imagine how hard it'd be to be on that side and it makes sense he sticks to what he knows! Phil isn't a quitter!

You're basically telling Phil to never seek a job because it's hopeless so keep working on YouTube and hope for the best. What if it hits the fan does he have to go live with his parents? PandaLee is probably working as I said previously, she went out and actually tried to make a stable life for herself. 

9 minutes ago, KevinS said:

You're basically telling Phil to never seek a job 

I don't mean to be rude but could you please read the posts before replying and putting words in others mouths? Thanks. 

Edited by Davey_J_Jr
  • Upvote 2

I don't mean to be rude but could you please read the posts before replying and putting words in others mouths? Thanks. 

Let's just agree to disagree. The people who are enabling him to stay YouTube only are worse than his detractors. 

1 minute ago, KevinS said:

Let's just agree to disagree. The people who are enabling him to stay YouTube only are worse than his detractors. 

Another thing you can't compare Pandalee to Phil in regards to age and what profession she's in.

• Upvote 1

Another thing you can't compare Pandalee to Phil in regards to age and what profession she's in.

You might as well come out and say you don't want Phil to try and to just stay at home. 

I hope you don't call yourself a fan of DSP especially if you guys are going to discourage a 9-5. Pandalee tried and she's working now I'm sure. You never know until you try if everyone were to think like you then we would all still be living with our parents.  

2 minutes ago, KevinS said:

You might as well come out and say you don't want Phil to try and to just stay at home. 

I hope you don't call yourself a fan of DSP especially if you guys are going to discourage a 9-5. Pandalee tried and she's working now I'm sure. You never know until you try if everyone were to think like you then we would all still be living with our parents.  

Dude, it's not difficult to move out of your parents house!  :biggrin:

Edited by Davey_J_Jr
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, KevinS said:

I agree with you KevinS, I think Phil should focus on putting YouTube on the backburner and preparing for an exit. How many more contract renegotiations can he survive if he's already tight before this one.

• Upvote 1

Dude, it's not difficult to move out of your parents house!  :biggrin:

But you need a JOB to stay stable when you move out of your parents house. 

Please, you're giving me a headache honestly like I'm considering blocking you that's how bad it's gotten. Like I'm really questioning your age if what you've been replying with isn't just for giggles.  

• Upvote 1

Wow... Just wow...

How about we show support for what he's planning for 2016 instead??

24 minutes ago, Davey_J_Jr said:

And you should learn to ignore bait attempts.

• Upvote 1

Let him have his ten minutes of shits and giggles thinking he knows anything about the job market or Phil's predicament :tongue:

Edited by Davey_J_Jr
  • Upvote 1

Just now, AshishAshLamps007 said:

Wow... Just wow...

If you had a best friend wouldn't you want the best for him? If your friend had a terrible job that wasn't paying that well you'd tell him to go find another one right?

In case of Phil YouTube isn't doing so great and it isn't stable on top of that, so as fans instead of just telling him to keep doing what he's doing I ask and I challenge you all to think of the long term consequences of what you guys are saying here. 

Like where Phil is at right now, he could survive with Youtube and at least a part time job. 

Let him have his ten minutes of shits and giggles thinking they have a clue about the job market :tongue:

I have a real life job more than one actually and I know how challenging YouTube can be as a partner myself I can relate to him. 

What does he have to lose by trying? Nothing. 

23 minutes ago, AshishAshLamps007 said:

Wow... Just wow...

What did KevinS say that wasn't showing support? Phil said himself that sooner or later he's gonna have to put YouTube on the backburner, i think he needs to start building his resume or take some classes on the side...Copyright strikes, SWATTING, constant barrage of harassment, forced Patreon account, contract negotiations and to top it all off he's gonna get paid less while simultaneously extending his hours, doing most editing work he's done in his career, and a waning passion for gaming...what the hell is he holding on too with YouTube? He can blame anyone or anything he wants but maybe the Universe telling him he should move on...

Edited by TediousIdea

2 hours ago, Davey_J_Jr said:

No one is suggesting him to drop youtube, people are suggesting him to get a part time job which is not hard. You can still do dsp gaming and make same amount plus have your part time job income. It wont be easy but it's just a suggestion if things are really that tough, like almost of people he might need to get two jobs or incomes.  

We will just see how this other channel does and his changes and improvements to his vlog's channel. If all that fails im just saying its still an option , its gonna be hard to get a new channel going.

Edited by cooper
  • Upvote 2

9-5 or Youtube? Stupid question in ten years most ppl will work from home cos jobs are getting automated and companies don't want to pay for office space. Phil wants more than that guys he can make money doing what he does best. Stick with YT these ten post guys are suspicious to me if theyre so called fans.

Edited by hardcoreparkour

16 minutes ago, hardcoreparkour said:

9-5 or Youtube? Stupid question in ten years most ppl will work from home cos their jobs are getting automated. Phil wants more than that guys he can make money doing what he does best. Stick with YT these ten post guys are suspicious to me if theyre so called fans.

That bolded statement doesn't make any sense. How would a person be hired for a job if there job is already automated? But anyways, nobody said he has to leave home to work a couple of my friends work from home on a computer (which I don't recommend cause all of them have a bad case of cabin fever), but do something other than YouTube. I mean lets be honest, most of his audience is kids, eventually you're gonna want to be around your equals at some point. I'm not saying sink the YouTube ship, but have a couple of life boats ready just incase.

Edited by TediousIdea

People need to stop acting as if getting a job, even part time is easy or something. Paper applications are no longer as viable as they were years ago and you have people with Ph.D's fighting for minimum wage jobs to stay afloat.

Job hunting is stressful as hell. 

Edited by witchsaber

5 minutes ago, witchsaber said:

People need to stop acting as if getting a job, even part time is easy or something. Paper applications are no longer as viable as they were years ago and you have people with Ph.D's fighting for minimum wage jobs to stay afloat.

Job hunting is stressful as hell. 

Yup Davey wisely pointed out Phils age may affect his chances since he's not worked for so long.

Working from home is the new way of working its 2015 guys. Phil at least is with the times lol!

Edited by hardcoreparkour

Unless people want to add more stress on him because it's going to take him a while to find something.  I'm not saying that trying isn't an option but it's not as easy as people make it out to be. 

Edited by witchsaber