The King of Hate Forums
Savage2Day

Worst Game Released on Next Gen so far?

Putty Squad (PS4)     

This game was essentially a "gag gift" from a friend of mine. Holy crap... Honestly think this dude hates me.

This game... is... I mean it's on the next gen console... hell no!

At least other horrible games like Assassin's Creed Unity had some interesting moment, very few and far between by the way. 

But this... nope! What was the most ridiculous game released on next gen in your opinion? 

Going by the one's I played on PS4 so far, Amazing Spider-Man 2 would take my vote. Poor BEENOX if they don't make another good spider-man game, they'll get the COD sentence and end up helping to develop COD games forever.

Thief gets a slight pass because I kind of did enjoy part of the stealth gameplay but the rest of the game including that awful story (seriously how hard is it to make a story about professional thief) were pretty bad.

My friend went nuts after playing Bound By Flame, it was kind of funny and I took as an excuse to avoid playing it.

• Upvote 1

Based on what I've played I'd say Thief is probably the worst game. I encountered so many bugs on the PS4 version and it was a pretty ugly game too. Battlefield 4 too but it definitely redeemed itself. That game didn't work properly for me at all until April (launch PS4 game) but now that it does work it's pretty badass! So I can't stay mad at BF4. 

• Upvote 1

I haven't played very many awful games myself so i'll probably pick a game a lot of people will think isn't as bad compared to other games. I honestly thought Assassins Creed Unity was a horrific game. I loved Black Flag but the story is just random and to me isn't making sense anymore and that's when I told myself "This game will make or break Assassins Creed for me" and it wasn't a hard choice, this game was just awful and boring. So i've given up on Assassins Creed now, it had it's run with the Ezio trilogy and Black Flag but now it's in milking territory where they haven't a clue what to do with it.

I'm with DXMichael on Unity. It's a bug-filled incomprehensible mess of a game that locks content behind a companion app, a companion site that is prone to going down for no reason, and the pointless co-op missions. It's painfully obvious that this game was nowhere near ready to be released, but Ubisoft said "fuck it" and released it anyway. Also, this debacle further proved that you can't trust professional review sites to tell you whether a game is good or not because it still god moderately good reviews despite being complete garbage. Finally, the story is absolute shit and seems to have no real relevance to the previous games, with only passing references to the Sage and Desmond, while the plot for the historical setting is boring beyond belief. How do you make a game set in the French Revolution and have it have nothing to do with the revolution itself for most of the game?

15 minutes ago, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

I don't know how you would enjoy a broken game.

i went in knowing that this game ain't going to be GOTY

it's WWE2K15 and Duke Nukem Forever all over again