The King of Hate Forums
PDawg

The Rock Band Marathon......What?

I'm not that interested in this marathon to begin with, I'm more or less just asking this for other people and my OCD refuses to let it go... But In the Week In Preview you said ver batim:

"If you want to see another Rock Band marathon, please pledge or I won't be able to"

"(Phil is gonna force people to pay to play Rockband 4 again, theres a paywall to suggest songs) The Rock Band Marathon is a special event in celebration of me raising a funding level to keep doing my job..~...Its not a playthrough hidden behind a paywall".

If people don't pay you enough money then there won't be a playthrough....point, blank, period. That's exactly what a paywall is DSP. Lmao. But again I'm not too invested into this cause I'm not a Patreon nor will watch the Rock Band Marathon whether it comes out or not, I just hate when people talk in circles like that.

I all be honest, I don't care about the rock band marathon either. I wouldn't play this kind of game even if it was free, much less watch it.

But I understand the people wanting to see it just for Phil.

As far as the "paywall" argument is conserned I all just say that Phil needs to make money from this. This is his job now. This isn't 2009 were he played just for the fun of it.

It is what it is, you can call it what ever you want but Phil needs to be able to survive financially WHILE playing games.

Zzzzzzz... We've all been over this.... Patreon made Phil play games that we thought we'd never see him playing. Rockband is another one of those games. It's a perfect reward for Patrons and casual viewers. Almost everyone loved the first Rockband marathon.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, hardcoreparkour said:

You say you don't care at all then go to the trouble of posting a whole thread about it? Lol.

Well typing isn't the most difficult and time consuming thing in my day so, trouble is a stretch...

But I'm not saying its a bad thing to donate for a playthrough, but just say what it is. The fans are paying for this, no one is being "rewarded" anything. Again I don't care cause I'm not paying for it, its the fact of him talking deceptively is the principle of the thread.

Edited by PDawg

1 hour ago, PDawg said:

Well typing isn't the most difficult and time consuming thing in my day so, trouble is a stretch...

But I'm not saying its a bad thing to donate for a playthrough, but just say what it is. The fans are paying for this, no one is being "rewarded" anything. Again I don't care cause I'm not paying for it, its the fact of him talking deceptively is the principle of the thread.

So are you starting up a thread in other vloggers forums with the same topic?

17 minutes ago, hardcoreparkour said:

So are you starting up a thread in other vloggers forums with the same topic?

Nope, Phil is the only vlogger that I know of with a back to back monthly dollar requirement of the same game & near identical playthrough content.

Also the Youtubers, that I watch at least, dont setup there Patreons to all of a sudden become necessary to fund the videos they've been creating for years, if they do let Patreon affect there content, it maybe for early access to videos, but never flatout not make a video cause of lack of donations.

Edited by PDawg

Dsp used to do this kind of stuff, e.g. Dance Central game coverage for free, but now is charging $1250 to play one session of Rock Band 4. If he didn't raise the funds, he wouldn't play it so by definition, it is a paywall.

11 hours ago, PDawg said:

I'm not that interested in this marathon to begin with, I'm more or less just asking this for other people and my OCD refuses to let it go... But In the Week In Preview you said ver batim:

"If you want to see another Rock Band marathon, please pledge or I won't be able to"

"(Phil is gonna force people to pay to play Rockband 4 again, theres a paywall to suggest songs) The Rock Band Marathon is a special event in celebration of me raising a funding level to keep doing my job..~...Its not a playthrough hidden behind a paywall".

If people don't pay you enough money then there won't be a playthrough....point, blank, period. That's exactly what a paywall is DSP. Lmao. But again I'm not too invested into this cause I'm not a Patreon nor will watch the Rock Band Marathon whether it comes out or not, I just hate when people talk in circles like that.

Ok, I get it you believe he is deceiving people into giving him money. That's cool, everyone has there own opinion. However, I do not think he is forcing anyone to give him money, but that is only my opinion. In addition, there was already a similar topic with the same intention. 

• Upvote 1

This topic has already been addressed multiple times, as early as one week ago. I have not watched the Week In Preview, but I am certain everyone understands the situation. The second Rock Band marathon is a Patreon Milestone goal. This time, there is an added incentive to contribute because you are given the opportunity to suggest songs. The goal has been reached. The event will happen. For the talking in circles, sure, maybe the WIP could be more concise. This is not the way to get the message across, however. I hope this relieves any lingering confusion. 

• Upvote 1