The King of Hate Forums
FatalSeabass

Loved every minute of DSP's recent SF5 Zangief videos.

I've never made a topic on this website before, but I felt compelled to after watching the recent Gief videos. Long story short, I watched and loved every minute of it. They reminded me a lot of his HD Remix Zangief madness days, which again, I watched every video of. The thing that I like the most is that not only is he having fun with the matches, but he knows how to play Street Fighter. It sounds very obvious to say but when you watch someone who knows how to play a game, you gain a greater appreciation for it. And while it's been a while since he played competitively, you can see it in his decision making i.e standing short into SPD(classic ST Gief), etc.  I know a lot of people know him for various playthroughs but it was his SF videos that got me into his channel. In fact, he was the only person who did a madness series at that time where he specifically played one character for a session and posted them online.

I didn't see a SF topic to post it in but I wanted to give a shoutout to those videos. Whether it was tracking his progress for SBO, to watching his fight stick reviews and comparisons(which naturally have a lot of views) to make a decision for SF4 fight stick, or even making a bid on the legendary Megaman fight stick he customized, watching the SF5 videos brought those memories all back to me. So yeah, thank you for those. I will be doing the same when SF5 comes out. 

• Upvote 1

As someone who has not played a fighting game before, Phil's videos in the past account for the majority of my exposure to the genre. Even though I do not play the games myself, I love competition, and you do not have to look very far for fighters. I haven't had the opportunity to check out this most recent footage yet, but I may get around to it at some point. Videos in the past influenced me to pre-order SFV on Amazon for the beta months back (only to immediately cancel and get the beta for free). Unfortunately, the first beta did not work, and the newer versions launched at bad times where I never had the chance to try them out. 

Glad that people are enjoying that vid series, which is definitely a throwback to old times!

That's exactly the kind of coverage of SFV you can expect in February. I LOVE playing Street Fighter in those kind of sessions and plan on tearing heavily into SFV (as long as it works) at launch. And IF I LIKE IT, I'll even consider trying to play it competitively again...but that's something that will remain to be seen.

So yeah: expect playthroughs of the story/arcade modes for each character, plus challenge mode (if there is one), and of course online MADNESS series at he VERY least. It's going to be a ton of coverage and I'm very much looking forward to it! Just like old times!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, PDawg said:

Only thing I wish was these videos were edited together instead of released in 2-3 minute increments.

Why? If you watch youtube on mobile i can understand, but now that the grid is back it seems like a nitpick more than anything.

20 minutes ago, onorub said:

Why? If you watch youtube on mobile i can understand, but now that the grid is back it seems like a nitpick more than anything.

Actually I do use YouTube Mobile more often than sitting at home on weekends. The thing is the quality of the releasing of content needs some work when it comes to the DSP Gaming Channel, DSP spams the videos into existence with such a sporadic fashion the parts are not even uploaded in numerical order. Not a big deal when on a desktop, but on mobile were getting to playlist is almost incomprehensible, its flatout annoying. Literally, nobody on youtube with any fighting game audience uploads this way cause it spreads out the content way too thin. I've actually stumbled apon several detractor videos in the mix of DSP binges just via suggested videos that ironically start to veer you out of DSP's network the more videos of his you watch. 

Edited by PDawg