The King of Hate Forums
MasterOfAwesomeness

Your Most Anticipated Game Of 2016

Uncharted 4 because Naughty Dog tends to deliver the goods. I'm looking forward to the new mechanics like the rope swinging, and promise of wider maps in the campaign, allowing for more tactical possibilities. 

I'll be keeping an eye on Platinum Games' various 2016 projects (Nier Automata, Star Fox Zero, Scalebound, Project Guard). I'm not sure how any of these will pan out, but I tend to find PG's development philosophies agreeable, so I always look forward to at least viewing footage of their stuff.

Maybe I'll think of more later, that's it for now. 

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Dishonored 2, and Nier: Automata are the ones at the top of my list. I absolutely loved Deus Ex, Dishonored, and Nier so I'm really hyped for each of their next-gen sequels on modern consoles.

If I had to pick one that I'm most excited for I think it might be Nier: Automata. The first Nier game was one of the most memorable experiences of the last generation for me, and the only real issue I had with it was the combat system. Now that we are getting a sequel from Platinum Games I'm expecting another amazing gaming experience.

Haven't really looked at a release list on 2016 but the ones I know right off the bat, that I'm looking for, are: Naruto Shippuden Ulitmate Ninja Storm 4, Nier: Automatica and Fire Emblem: Fates. These aren't really ordered in interest level, I am hyped for all of them equally :P

*Edit* oh and looked up and saw Dark Souls 3. I probably won't pick it up day 1 but I'll be looking forward to it.

Edited by FireEmblemFan

3 hours ago, cooper said:

Persona 5 and Dark souls 3, UC4 is a close third. 

This. P5 and DS3 are definitely at the top of my list. Also...

Dragon quest 7 and 8 for the 3DS.

Day of the tentacle is a day 1 purchase for me, since I love Tim's old adventure games.

Going to buy Far cry primal but I'm not feeling the hype yet since I hate bow and arrow combat.

Heavy rain and Twilight princess are both getting HD rereleases.

Yooka-Laylee if it's anything like Banjo-Kazooie.

Oh, and Final fantasy XV if it gets released this year.

Edited by KGhaleon
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, NepNep said:

Fire Emblem Fates, Genei Ibun Roku, Legend of Zelda WIi U, and Persona 5.

I just wish Fire Emblem Fates was not split into three chunks, i wont have a problem with it if the content is as much as awakening. If i find the games are lacking or feel like awakening with half the content it won't be a good thing. 

Reminds me of Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons that together make the full experience. 

Edited by cooper

20 minutes ago, cooper said:

I just wish Fire Emblem Fates was not split into three chunks, i wont have a problem with it if the content is as much as awakening. If i find the games are lacking or feel like awakening with half the content it won't be a good thing. 

Reminds me of Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons that together make the full experience. 

Well I don't mind the games being split, both games are supposed to have completely different storylines so as long as the content is there I don't mind supporting it. I already preordered the special edition of it so I'm good to go.

25 minutes ago, NepNep said:

Well I don't mind the games being split, both games are supposed to have completely different storylines so as long as the content is there I don't mind supporting it. I already preordered the special edition of it so I'm good to go.

I went to pre-order it sold out first day. I did not realize it went on sale, i dont really have a place to follow to know this sort of thing. 

Edited by cooper

4 minutes ago, cooper said:

I went to pre-order it sold out first day. I did not realize it went on sale, i dont really have a place to follow to know this sort of thing. 

Honestly I was only able to preorder it by luck, I was browsing Neogaf when I saw a thread that said that the preorder was live at best buy so I rushed over and bought it immediately before it sold out.

8 minutes ago, NepNep said:

Honestly I was only able to preorder it by luck, I was browsing Neogaf when I saw a thread that said that the preorder was live at best buy so I rushed over and bought it immediately before it sold out.

I pan to check out my local stores when it comes out. I find bestbuy especially have alot of extra collector editions on shelf day one that were even considered sold out online.I might get lucky and find one on sale. 

Edited by cooper

Just now, cooper said:

I pan to check out my local stores when it comes out. I find bestbuy especially have alot of extra collector editions on shelf day one.

Yeah GCU also helps out alot with collectors editions too since you get 20% off. I got FE Special edition only for $68 with the discount.

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
2. Persona 5
3. Fire Emblem Fates
4. Dark Souls 3
5. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
6. Horizon: Zero Dawn (most likely getting pushed to 2017)
7. The Last Guardian
8. Attack on Titan
9. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
10. The Witness

Edited by BrickArts295
  • Upvote 2

Ahh, one was Scalebound but that's been delayed to 2017.

Other games i'm looking forward to though are ReCore, Gears 4, Deus Ex, Quantum Break and Unravel.

I'm also looking forward to Dark Souls 3, but not to play. I like watching Best Friends Pat and Woolie trot through the Dark Souls world squealing at every little thing haha.

Here is my Top 10 Anticipated 

1. No Man Sky

2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End 

3. Final Fantasy XV

4. Telltale's Batman

5. Telltale's The Walking Dead: Season 3

6.  Cyberpunk 2077

7. The Division 

8. Yooka-Laylee

9. Ark: Survival Evolved

10. Lego Avengers

8 hours ago, JustAHuman said:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Mass Effect Andromeda.

Love those franchises and their games - well, apart from Mass Effect 3 because of that goddamn Reaper battle. God, I hated that!

is it confirmed that mass effect andromeda is going to come out this year?

Hellblade. By far the most anticipated game of the year for me.

If you haven't been checking it out, the developers have been uploading incredible (and really educational) behind-the-scenes videos of the development of the game: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbpkF8TRYizaT6GfMcKBG-RoUOQ6BJRXp

Also looking forward to:

No Man's Sky

Dishonored 2

Cyberpunk 2077

and Zero Dawn Horizon.

Edited by SilverSyndicate

46 minutes ago, SilverSyndicate said:

Hellblade. By far the most anticipated game of the year for me.

If you haven't been checking it out, the developers have been uploading incredible (and really educational) behind-the-scenes videos of the development of the game: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbpkF8TRYizaT6GfMcKBG-RoUOQ6BJRXp

Also looking forward to:

No Man's Sky

Dishonored 2

Cyberpunk 2077

and Zero Dawn Horizon.

I just watched two Hellblade dev videos and I don't think I learned much. Some game where illusions factor into the environment, melee combat where the character can warp, a close behind-the-back camera view, claims that it will be a hardcore game with a nuanced battle system (not sure considering their past stuff), probably takes some inspiration from God Hand, given the cameo... that's about it.

Can you just give me the elevator pitch about what makes you excited about this game? I haven't being paying close attention and I don't want to watch all those vids.