The King of Hate Forums
MDCFAN101

Rants on Topics I want to talk about

Hello, this section is for me ranting about subjects that I have wanted to get off my chest for quite some time. 

The first topic I want to discuss is "Overpowered characters."

This is a topic that has been bothering me for quite some time it sickens me.

I am sick of people judging these fictional characters mostly based on their power level.

To me, that is not how you judge a character.

The level of character's powers has never really stopped me from trying to like these characters.

Personally, I think these "overpowered characters" DO NOT EXIST!!!

People say the word "overpowered" as a means being so whiny, childish and immature to accept that many of these fictional characters are very powerful.

In my mind, the word "overpowered" is so overused and abused it disgusts me.

The reason why I am saying this because there will always be other fictional characters that will be just as powerful if not more powerful to balance the other characters' power levels in order to push them to their limits.

I hope you guys understand where I am coming from.

Hopefully this did not anger anyone.

Give me your honest feedback

• Upvote 1

I have and I agree, I believe the constant "overpowered this" and "overpowered that" causes the creativity of something unique to slow down and suffer in the long run.

​Thank you very much for understanding.

Please stay tuned for my next topic which involves fictional characters that are being viciously judged based on their appearances, & sexualality.

Hey guys,

Welcome to next rant which involve fictional characters being viciously judged on their appearances & sexuality.

Throughout the internet, I would hear people say characters suck because of their costumes and use slur words that are used to insult homosexuals.

That needs to be stopped right now. 

Just because a person dresses different does not mean he/she sucks nor possesses a different sexuality.

Back in the days of Shakespeare, men played both male and female parts.  Does that actually make them homosexuals? NOOOOOO!!!

Plus, even if people are homosexuals, does not give you the right to insult them because of their sexuality.  An individual developing his/her sexuality is natural.

We have homosexuals in sports, and Hollywood and from what I saw, they are very good athletes/ball players and very talented actors/actresses (i.e Michael Sam, Terry Collins & Neil Patrick Harris).

We dress differently all the time. Once again, what determines a character is who he/she actually is as a person.

Plus, I sick and tired of these people who choose to act immature/juvenile who constantly call costumes "tights."  It is more mature to say costumes.

Various fictional characters have worn costumes throughout the years and heck, many of them still do today (i.e. Spider-Man, Daredevil, Captain America & Green Arrow).

The immaturity within the fictional fan base has caused many people to lose interest.

This hurts and sickens me.

I hope you guys are learning from this.

Note: PLEASE READ ENTIRE RANT BEFORE RESPONDING AND WHEN YOU RESPOND, ACT MATURE.

Thank you and have a very nice day/week.

• Upvote 1

Hello guys,

I am here to give yet another rant: Superheroes/heroines vs. Anti-Heroes.

NOTE: I am not by any means hating on Anti-heroes what so ever.

This type of debate has been me for a while and has caused to some degree negative tension within the fictional fan base.  Superheroes/heroines are individuals who are more willing to learn and teach right from wrong, embrace their senses of being human, humane, & vulnerable, and more importantly inspire hope rather instilling fear through vengeance.  In other words, they represent the best of humanity.  Anti-heroes are individuals that represent the immaturity/juvenile in humanity.  Superheroes/heroines have high morale values, anti-heroes do not.  Anti-heroes perform actions/deeds out of personal vendetta.  People say superheroes/heroines are dicks & assholes.  Well, I hate to say, but, anti-heroes are even bigger dicks & assholes.  Ever since the 1990s, anti-heroes have become increasingly popular.  People focus on the anti-heroes more because they want to mostly satisfy the immature side of their character over the mature side of their character.  I hear people say that anti-heroes are better because they are darker and have more flaws.  I hate to say this too, but, that does not really make them better.  The darker the character is, and the more flaws the he/she has, the less human, humane, and vulnerable he/she is.  I am not saying, superheroes/heroines are perfect, heck, there is no such thing as a person person.  However, the more human, humane, & vulnerable the character is, the more willing he/she is willing to do more good than harm and the more you'll be able to like and or respect his/her character.  Anti-heroes have a much more negative influence than superheroes/heroines do because of their inability to possess moral values.  A dark character such as Batman, may be able to embrace his darkness, but, he is more willing to embrace his senses of human, humane, & vulnerable despite his mental problems.  He has also been able to inspire hope which is why he has been able to turn around the lives of Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, and his biological son, Damien Wayne to a certain degree.  These three characters have been able to do more positive things in their lives rather becoming street punks.  Sure, Jason Todd is the anti-hero, Red Hood, but, he was still able to become the second Robin.  The biggest quality Batman is his moral values.  That is a quality most dark characters do not have.  This quality makes superheroes/heroines better and more interesting because you get more powerful & better learning experiences with these characters.  This quality was perfectly represented in the "What's so funny about Truth, Justice & the American Way?" storyline from Action Comics # 775 which was adapted in the animated film, Superman vs. the Elite.  Both the movie and the comic clearly shows that superheroes/heroines are better for the world than anti-heroes and that superheroes/heroines are always relevant no matter how much the world changes.  These are the reasons why superheroes/heroines are bigger icons & legends than anti-heroes & more importantly more well known.

I hope this did not anger anyone.

Please read entire rant before responding and please respond maturely.

Please stay tuned for my next rant which involves me defending my favorite hero & character from the DC Universe, Superman.

Have a great day!!!:cool:  

Hi guys,

I am here to begin my defense for Superman.

Note: I am not forcing people to like this character whatsoever.

Superman throughout the years has been very popular.  However, for the past 10-11 years, he has been harshly and viciously criticized.  Youtubers such as Zipblockgory, fwwaller, blowhimselfupdude, AngryJoe, razor13gaming, and TheMTVernonKid have done their best to defend Superman, but these irrational, obnoxious, cruel, heartless & soulless haters refuse to listen.  It sickens me to near death.  The #1 complaint they have about Superman is his power level.  They either say he is too powerful or too weak.  Superman has always been a very powerful character throughout his entire career from the Golden Age to the Modern Age.  He has gone through through many powerful opponents that have pushed him to his limits such as Darkseid, Doomsday, Thor, Hulk, Imperiex, Anti-Monitor, Despero, Brianiac, KaL-L (Golden Age Superman), Mongul the Elder, Mongul II, Galactus, Parasite, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Captain Atom, He-Man & Ultraman.  And just because someone struggles does not mean that person sucks.  All characters have had "shit" moments.  What makes them great is their resiliency.  Despite the level of their abilities, all characters have limits.  The Pre-Crisis Superman even had limits.  They were revealed on Youtube by SSJRyu1 3-4 years ago.  Many people have explained why Superman is very interesting character because of his will to be human, humane, & vulnerable.  This has been showcased throughout the comics, television, and movies, but for some reason, people refuse to see that.  In many ways, Superman is a relatable character.  Like many of us, he was raised by a loving family that instilled him with very powerful moral values, seen as a outcast, has to deal with the negativity surrounding humanity & has been viciously exploited by those who are willing to take advantage of his kindness.  Another thing that pisses me off is that these people refuse to understand how Superman conceals his identity,  Stop looking at his face and those god damn glasses.  A person's appearance and how he/she dresses does not officially determine the identity.  It is the behavior and actions that determine the behavior.  In other words, Superman acts differently to conceal his identity by slouching, stuttering, being clumsy & nervous.  This has been explained throughout the comics and Internet and people still refuse to understand.  The biggest thing that pisses me off is that people say he is outdated.  First off, outdated is one of the most overused and abused words.  Plus,like all characters, he goes through character development which includes humanization, modernization & maturity.  Superman is a type of person the world always needs because he inspires optimism, hope, faith, compassion & love are characteristics that save lives and futures whereas fear destroys them.  Superman has been one of the biggest heroes since I was a kid.  Sure, he is a fictional character, but, his behavior and some of the actions were real.  Superman's behavior and actions inspired me to turn my life in a more positive direction and because of that I have achieved success.  The superhero & fictional genre would not be the same without Superman.

Please stay tuned for my next rant which is about me telling about my personal feelings about Batman and how he is perceived in the modern era because this is topic you don't want to miss especially if you are a Batman fan.

3101210-birthright3.png

Have a great day.:biggrin: 

Hello ladies and gentleman and welcome to probably my biggest rant so far  which is about the current most popular superhero, the Dark Knight himself, Batman.  First, let me tell you my overall feelings about the Batman character before I get into the subject on how he is perceived in the modern era.  Personally, I freaking love Batman.  I have loved him since I was a kid watching re-runs of the Adam West Batman series from the 60s, the Super Friends cartoons from the 80s, the DCAU (DC animated universe), the two Michael Keaton/Tim Burton Batman movies, the Dark Knight trilogy, and the comics.  Batman is my second favorite character in the entire DC Universe, my third favorite character in comics, one of my top five to ten favorite characters in fiction, and my favorite dark character and non-super powered hero/character.  I love his origin story, his depth of villains, supporting cast, and the feats he has accomplished in his career.  Though, I do not like some of his characteristics (i.e he is obsessed about fighting crime rather trying to live a happy life, he is highly paranoid, and he can be very rude to other heroes such as Superman & Spider-Man).  However, I really love him when he embraces his humanity, his good heart, and lessons that were instilled on to him by loving parents, Thomas and Martha Wayne.

Now let me get into the fact on how he is perceived in the modern era.  I know like all popular characters Batman gets a lot of negative criticism but I'm going to get into the immense immaturity in the Batman fan base.  From what I've seen and heard, Batman has the most immature fan base in the comic book community.  Those immature fans are a fucking disgrace to real and mature Batman fans like me.  Plus, they love to bitch, whine, and complain about certain characters being "overpowered", but they love to make Batman "overpowered".  I have never denied Batman being a very powerful character due to his intelligence, wealth, resources, and his will power.  But, like all characters, he has limitations.  These immature people have the audacity to constantly say shit like "cause he's Batman, even when he loses, he still wins, it's is an automatic win when he has preparation time."  WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE??? These assholes are destroying Batman''s image.  BATMAN IS A NORMAL HUMAN BEING, NOT A FUCKING GOD!!!.  I do believe Batman has the POTENTIAL to take anyone, but it all depends on the situation(in case he actually needs outside help) and the execution of his strategies.  Plus, I have been hearing from people that all superheroes should be like Batman.  WHAT THE FUCK???  The world would be screwed if all superheroes were like Batman.  Plus, Batman does not really have a life because of his obsession of fighting crime.  That makes Batman less human.  What good is a superhero/heroine if he/she is less human?  The reason other heroes like Superman and Spider-Man have lives because they are willing to be more human.  What is good is a human being if he/she does not have a life?  That is what makes these other heroes more interesting than Batman.  If Batman was willing to be more human, humane, and vulnerable, he would not only be a much more interesting character, but more importantly a much better person.  Real comic book fans read superhero/heroine comics not to just see their powers/abilities, rogues gallery, & costumes.  They want to see the actual person, what he/she really is.  

I will always love Batman no matter what, but, these childish, immature, asshole Batman fans gotta go.  They have caused the biggest amount of negative tension within the comic book fan base for too long.  It needs to stop now!!!  Batman will always be a badass mofo and a legend but he really deserves a lot more maturity and humility from his fan base.

This video have I have brought here shows how much I love Batman.  The second and final fight Batman had with the mutant leader is my #1 favorite Batman fight of all time.

PLEASE READ ENTIRE RANT BEFORE RESPONDING AND WHEN YOU RESPOND, ACT MATURE.

Stay tuned for my next rant involving one of the biggest debates in comics that have gotten more intense from generation to generation, the Superman vs Batman debate, because this is another one you don't want to miss.   

Hey guys,

Welcome to my next rant involving the rivalry between the world's finest, Superman and Batman.  Personally, I think Superman and Batman are the greatest team up of heroes of all time and I have found their rivalry among the fans to be more of a "dick measuring" contest.  People judge this rivalry based on their abilities, costumes, and rogues gallery.  I think this rivalry should be judged based on their ACTUAL character.  It is without question both of these characters are definitely capable of beating each other, have accomplished phenomenal feats in their careers, possess a great depth of villains that are capable of challenging them, testing them, and pushing them to their limits,  and both of them have definitely gave our culture a positive influence in movies, history, television, and animation.  Now let's get into their ACTUAL character.  Superman is an individual that represents the best in humanity because he is more willing to learn and teach right from wrong and inspire hope, faith, love, compassion, and optimism.  Batman is an individual that is obsessed, paranoid, and is willing to instill fear through vengeance.  I'd say by looking at their character, Superman is better.  Batman may be more popular because of his villains, movies, story lines and video games, but heroes are really defined by who they actually are as individuals and the amount of success they have had in defeating the forces of evil.  True, villains give them a purpose, but heroes become heroes because they are willing to become heroes.  I will always love Superman and Batman and I can understand people like to have debates like this but it is best to debate more on their actual character than their villains, movies, video games, story lines, and level of abilities.  Personally, it is best heroes team up than fight one another because more will be accomplished when two or more people are willing to put their differences aside for the greater good.  Plus, I prefer heroes that are willing to be more classy than cocky, arrogant, and childish.

Hope this did not anger anyone.

Stay tuned for my next rant involved the controversy surrounding reboots.

• Upvote 1

Hey guys,

I hope everyone enjoyed the Super Bowl, but, now, let's get into my next rant involving the controversy surrounding reboots.  This has been another one of those topics that has been bothering me for quite some time.  I completely understand and respect the fact that people possess a passionate love for the classics,  Believe me, I do too.  However, rebooting merchandises, franchises, and organizations are not necessarily bad.  Rebooting is in fact a part life.  Professional sports organizations do this, comic book companies do this, toy companies do this.  Reboots exist to keep things fresh and relevant.  Movie reboots may have different takes on characters, but that does not actually mean the characters are different.  In the Amazing Spider-Man franchise, Spidey is actually similar to his comic book counterpart because he says jokes and quips during his fights with criminals and super villains and that he started as Spider-Man at 15 years old.  The Ultimate Marvel Universe is very popular because it has a more modernized take on the classic characters and that is actually a good thing because once again it keeps the Marvel Universe fresh, relevant, and  more interesting.  The same thing applies for the Dc Universe.  When I watched Man of Steel, I saw a more human, humane, and vulnerable Superman.  True, it was not the classic Superman from the comics, but that does not mean it's bad.  Being different from the original is not always bad.  The 2010 version of True Grit from what I heard and saw was an outstanding movie and probably better than the original True Grit from 1969.  You guys need to calm down and relax.  Reboots are not evil whatsoever, it is a natural part of life that strengthens relevance.  

Hope you guys understand.

Stay tuned for next rant involving the rivalry between the BIG TWO, Marvel & DC.    

​I dunno, you mentioned AMazing spider man and I felt it was relevant. Also, there doesn't seem to be much of a conversation between you and him; just a blank post and you asking if he had anything to say.

​I dunno, you mentioned AMazing spider man and I felt it was relevant. Also, there doesn't seem to be much of a conversation between you and him; just a blank post and you asking if he had anything to say.P

​No problem.  I can definitely agree with you that when Otto Octavius took over Peter's body he was anti-hero and a complete prick. Plus, I was mentioning the Amazing Spider-Man movies in my rant involving the controversy surrounding reboots.  And yeah, I am still waiting for Lord Angus to respond.  

Hey guys,

This next rant involving my feelings of the rivalry between the BIG TWO, Marvel & DC.  Personally, I feel the rivalry has been nothing more of a dick measuring contest.  Both companies are without question legendary.  They both have made fan favorite characters.  They have impacted our pop culture tremendously.  Many of their characters are very relatable and powerful.  And, they both have had shitty ideas.  I just wish the fan bases for these companies would just shuddup and make out.

Hey guys,

This next rant involving my feelings of the rivalry between the BIG TWO, Marvel & DC.  Personally, I feel the rivalry has been nothing more of a dick measuring contest.  Both companies are without question legendary.  They both have made fan favorite characters.  They have impacted our pop culture tremendously.  Many of their characters are very relatable and powerful.  And, they both have had shitty ideas.  I just wish the fan bases for these companies would just shuddup and make out.

​I believe you can summarize the relationship between rival fandoms as Tsunderes, particularly violent ones.

Tsundere_yuno.jpg

Hey guys,

I hope everyone enjoyed the Super Bowl, but, now, let's get into my next rant involving the controversy surrounding reboots.  This has been another one of those topics that has been bothering me for quite some time.  I completely understand and respect the fact that people possess a passionate love for the classics,  Believe me, I do too.  However, rebooting merchandises, franchises, and organizations are not necessarily bad.  Rebooting is in fact a part life.  Professional sports organizations do this, comic book companies do this, toy companies do this.  Reboots exist to keep things fresh and relevant.  Movie reboots may have different takes on characters, but that does not actually mean the characters are different.  In the Amazing Spider-Man franchise, Spidey is actually similar to his comic book counterpart because he says jokes and quips during his fights with criminals and super villains and that he started as Spider-Man at 15 years old.  The Ultimate Marvel Universe is very popular because it has a more modernized take on the classic characters and that is actually a good thing because once again it keeps the Marvel Universe fresh, relevant, and  more interesting.  The same thing applies for the Dc Universe.  When I watched Man of Steel, I saw a more human, humane, and vulnerable Superman.  True, it was not the classic Superman from the comics, but that does not mean it's bad.  Being different from the original is not always bad.  The 2010 version of True Grit from what I heard and saw was an outstanding movie and probably better than the original True Grit from 1969.  You guys need to calm down and relax.  Reboots are not evil whatsoever, it is a natural part of life that strengthens relevance.  

Hope you guys understand.

Stay tuned for next rant involving the rivalry between the BIG TWO, Marvel & DC.    

​I can actually give you a good reason why reboots are disliked by many people. The fact that the past narrative is forgotten and replaced by a new narrative is annoying for most people. I'll give you a good example I was reading Geoff Johns Hawkman storyline which was a really well written storyline that ends abruptly when it could of continued. I liked the storyline so much I brought the trade issues just to read the end of it only to have it rebooted when the plot was getting interesting. There are also cases where rebooting the series feels right but for the most part it would probably be better if they made alternate series to go along with the original story lines instead of rebooting. Some storylines are worth continuing so I hope that companies don't constanlty just run to rebooting to solve story problems. As for getting a new audience why not just promote alternative story lines and leaves originals so that older readers won't feel abandoned or confused with the new change.

Both True Grit movies are adaptions of a book so in this case they aren't reboots just different versions of the same narrative. In the case of the new Coen brothers movie it more closely follows the original narrative I know this because I read the book.       

• Upvote 1

​I can actually give you a good reason why reboots are disliked by many people. The fact that the past narrative is forgotten and replaced by a new narrative is annoying for most people. I'll give you a good example I was reading Geoff Johns Hawkman storyline which was a really well written storyline that ends abruptly when it could of continued. I liked the storyline so much I brought the trade issues just to read the end of it only to have it rebooted when the plot was getting interesting. There are also cases where rebooting the series feels right but for the most part it would probably be better if they made alternate series to go along with the original story lines instead of rebooting. Some storylines are worth continuing so I hope that companies don't constanlty just run to rebooting to solve story problems. As for getting a new audience why not just promote alternative story lines and leaves originals so that older readers won't feel abandoned or confused with the new change.

Both True Grit movies are adaptions of a book so in this case they aren't reboots just different versions of the same narrative. In the case of the new Coen brothers movie it more closely follows the original narrative I know this because I read the book.       

​I can respect what you are saying.

• Upvote 1

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen, and welcome to what might be my most controversial rant, and that is on the controversy surrounding the Goku vs Superman Death Battle.

Note: I DO NOT HATE GOKU WHATSOEVER!!!!

When ScrewAttack! made an announcement about the battle back in 2013, I was very excited & hyped.  For the most part, I was really looking for a good match, but I was rooting for Superman because I have felt that a lot of people have continuously disrespected, underestimated, & criticized him too harshly & that he is my personal favorite of the two.  From my personal experiences, I felt coming into the battle Superman was the underdog.  Once I saw Superman emerge as the victor, in many ways it brought out the "happy little boy" I once was in elementary school.  But, as you know, it angered a large portion of the DBZ fanbase.  IMO, it exposed the immense immaturity that fanbase has.  The most immature fantasy fans I have personally met were DBZ fans.  Despite, the information ScrewAttack! showcased about both characters, these immature DBZ fans refuse to believe & accept that Superman has a chance in winning a fight w/Goku.  Many of these fans keep bitching about these possible "bias towards DC", which if they have actually paid attention to the series, Batman lost to Spider-Man, Wonder Woman lost to Rogue, & Deathstroke lost to Deadpool.  WHERE WAS THIS "BIAS TOWARDS DC" IN THOSE VIDEOS??!!  Plus, if not mistake, Chad, one of the creators of Death Battle stated that he did not like Superman and felt Goku was the cooler character.  But, when it came to determining the outcome of the battle, he had to put his personal views aside.  THAT'S A MAN RIGHT THERE GUYS!!!  Many of these fans have also bitched about ScrewAttack! forgetting Super Saiyan God.  Battle of Gods was released months later after Death Battle.  Plus, the creators of DB felt that form would not have made that big of a difference.  However, the complaints that really piss me off are: "Dude, Goku has the best powers ever.  He is a beast.  Once he goes Super Saiyan, the battle is over.  Doesn't matter what skills and or talents other characters have, Goku can go up against anybody and win cuz he CAN'T lose and die completely."  Actually, it does matter.  Goku if I'm not mistaken is not very bright (not saying he is completely stupid).  Superman on the other hand, is a borderline SuperGenius.  He is a brilliant Investigator reporter & Journalist, phenomenal scientist & inventor, & he is a superb tactician.  Superman possesses a super brain that read, analyze, & process information 1000x faster than normal/average human beings.  Heck, the man possesses a picture perfect photographic memory & natural IQ higher than humans.  Goku's level of intelligence can be his downfall in a battle.  For example: if he was to go up against Dr. Doom, one of the most powerful and intelligent villains in the Marvel Universe.  Goku could be in serious trouble. Dr. Doom at one point swapped bodies with Reed Richards, stole the powers and abilities of the Silver Surfer, one of the most powerful cosmic beings in the Marvel Universe, twice, & in Marvel Ultimate Alliance, stole the powers & abilities of Odin, the AllFather, the father of Thor.  If you thought those feats were scary, imagine him doing those feats against Superman and Goku.  Powers & abilities along with skills & talents does not determine heroes & villains, what determines heroes & villains is their character.  What would really cause Goku to lose in a fight with Superman IMO would be his tenacity.  A person's tenacity has the potential to be his/her downfall.  I'm not saying Goku cannot defeat Superman whatsoever, but it depends on the circumstances.  If he was to fight an inexperienced Superman, then yeah Goku wins.  But, against a Superman with 20+ years of experience, that is a different story.  Do not get me wrong, I have the up most respect for Goku.  I think is a good character and hero along with being a great anime version of Superman.  But DAMN, a lot of these DBZ fans have got to suck it up, and more importantly grow up.  The video is still one of my favorite Youtube videos of all time.  I watch fantasy fights like that just for entertainment the same way I watch professional sports.

I hope I did not anger anyone.  PEACE!!! 

Edited by MDCFAN101
  • Upvote 2

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen, and welcome to what might be my most controversial rant, and that is on the controversy surrounding the Goku vs Superman Death Battle.

Note: I DO NOT HATE GOKU WHATSOEVER!!!!

When ScrewAttack! made an announcement about the battle back in 2013, I was very excited & hyped.  For the most part, I was really looking for a good match, but I was rooting for Superman because I have felt that a lot of people have continuously disrespected, underestimated, & criticized him too harshly & that he is my personal favorite of the two.  From my personal experiences, I felt coming into the battle Superman was the underdog.  Once I saw Superman emerge as the victor, in many ways it brought out the "happy little boy" I once was in elementary school.  But, as you know, it angered a large portion of the DBZ fanbase.  IMO, it exposed the immense immaturity that fanbase has.  The most immature fantasy fans I have personally met were DBZ fans.  Despite, the information ScrewAttack! showcased about both characters, these immature DBZ fans refuse to believe & accept that Superman has a chance in winning a fight w/Goku.  Many of these fans keep bitching about these possible "bias towards DC", which if they have actually paid attention to the series, Batman lost to Spider-Man, Wonder Woman lost to Rogue, & Deathstroke lost to Deadpool.  WHERE WAS THIS "BIAS TOWARDS DC" IN THOSE VIDEOS??!!  Plus, if not mistake, Chad, one of the creators of Death Battle stated that he did not like Superman and felt Goku was the cooler character.  But, when it came to determining the outcome of the battle, he had to put his personal views aside.  THAT'S A MAN RIGHT THERE GUYS!!!  Many of these fans have also bitched about ScrewAttack! forgetting Super Saiyan God.  Battle of Gods was released months later after Death Battle.  Plus, the creators of DB felt that form would not have made that big of a difference.  However, the complaints that really piss me off are: "Dude, Goku has the best powers ever.  He is a beast.  Once he goes Super Saiyan, the battle is over.  Doesn't matter what skills and or talents other characters have, Goku can go up against anybody and win cuz he CAN'T lose and die completely."  Actually, it does matter.  Goku if I'm not mistaken is not very bright (not saying he is completely stupid).  Superman on the other hand, is a borderline SuperGenius.  He is a brilliant Investigator reporter & Journalist, phenomenal scientist & inventor, & he is a superb tactician.  Superman possesses a super brain that read, analyze, & process information 1000x faster than normal/average human beings.  Heck, the man possesses a picture perfect photographic memory & natural IQ higher than humans.  Goku's level of intelligence can be his downfall in a battle.  For example: if he was to go up against Dr. Doom, one of the most powerful and intelligent villains in the Marvel Universe.  Goku could be in serious trouble. Dr. Doom at one point swapped bodies with Reed Richards, stole the powers and abilities of the Silver Surfer, one of the most powerful cosmic beings in the Marvel Universe, twice, & in Marvel Ultimate Alliance, stole the powers & abilities of Odin, the AllFather, the father of Thor.  If you thought those feats were scary, imagine him doing those feats against Superman and Goku.  Powers & abilities along with skills & talents does not determine heroes & villains, what determines heroes & villains is their character.  What would really cause Goku to lose in a fight with Superman IMO would be his tenacity.  A person's tenacity has the potential to be his/her downfall.  I'm not saying Goku cannot defeat Superman whatsoever, but it depends on the circumstances.  If he was to fight an inexperienced Superman, then yeah Goku wins.  But, against a Superman with 20+ years of experience, that is a different story.  Do not get me wrong, I have the up most respect for Goku.  I think is a good character and hero along with being a great anime version of Superman.  But DAMN, a lot of these DBZ fans have got to suck it up, and more importantly grow up.  The video is still one of my favorite Youtube videos of all time.  I watch fantasy fights like that just for entertainment the same way I watch professional sports.

I hope I did not anger anyone.  PEACE!!! 

​The thing that's the funniest about the whole controversy is that people still would have bitched even if Goku won. I'm a bigger fan of Dragon Ball Z, I grew up with that and was completely unaware that Superman existed until I watched the Justice League cartoon. And you have to keep in mind that Goku in my opinion is a glass cannon. Basically he hits hard and fast but does not have ridiculous endurance (Well compared to other potential combatants in the fictional world, hell he needs to breath.) beyond what a ordinary body can take.

If Goku was in the DC universe he would be a solid upper mid tier (Base forms) to a High Low Tier (SSJ God) combatant. Ki is what he uses to fight, he uses that up in combat along with any damage he can take. All of the Reality warpers wouldn't play by Son-Goku's rules and fuck him up.

Still both franchises have inconsistent (Lol, Master Roshi in Dragon Ball can apparently blow up a moon) while Supes power fluxes depending on what Star he is near.

Either way, I don't give two shits who wins as long as Death Battle keeps true to the characters and makes it entertaining.

• Upvote 1