The King of Hate Forums
MDCFAN101

The Random Cancelation-TV Shows Review

Hello guys,

MDC here to give you a thread where you can post a review on TV shows you have watched.

I'll start by reviewing a cartoon show that many people call a classic, Danny Phantom.  Let me start by saying while I was growing up, I rarely got involved with KidsWB and Nickelodean, with the exceptions of Rugrats, Rocket Power, and Hey Arnold.  My three go-to networks for cartoons were Cartoon Network, Toon Disney, and Boomerang.  After taking several weeks to watch the entire series, I am proud to say that I am very impressed.

But, first, let me start with the big negative.  This show was cancelled too soon.  We could've seen a whole more from Danny Phantom such as, new supporting characters, new potential love interests, more development from Danielle Phantom, more development from Valerie Gray, new villains plus the possible return of evil Danny Phantom, more development and growth between Sam, Tucker, and Danny, and of course new ghost powers (i.e telekinesis, pyrokinesis, electrokinesis, telepathy, shape shifting, & cyberkinesis).  It is a shame he does not have a comic book series. 

Now, here are the positives.  Animation, voice acting, action scenes, cast of characters, writing, & pacing were spectacular.  Danny Phantom's creation was definitely inspired by Spider-man considering the fact that he is the first teenage superhero to have a solo career.  Danny's character is definitely similar to a teenage Peter Parker and that is awesome.

Overall, the series is great and it could've been expanded further.  Score: 9/10

3 minutes ago, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

Yes, the final episode will air on Monday despite the show only having 2 seasons.

They said their ending it because they didnt want it too get old and stale 

Danny Phantom was apparently cancelled because the show was too expensive to produce compared to their other properties. Its a shame too because I wish we would have gotten those scrapped episodes.

Young Justice 

End of Season shows Darksied coming and it gets canceled 

Prob because Cartoon Network thought it was too dark

Just like how their making everything for kids now 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, sateler96 said:

Young Justice 

End of Season shows Darksied coming and it gets canceled 

Prob because Cartoon Network thought it was too dark

Just like how their making everything for kids now 

I so want this show to come back at least something to wrap up the story 

• Upvote 1

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

MDC here to give you another TV show review.

I am going to review the Tick cartoon series from the 90s.  Funny, this cartoon came out on the exact same date as my birthday, 9/10/94.  Anyways, the cartoon is based on the comic book character, the Tick, who other than possessing vast strength, nigh-invulnerability, lung capacity, drama power, and reality denial, he is an absurd parody of superheroes, and the cartoon gets it right.  As a matter of fact, I find him funnier than Deadpool.  The Tick isthe perfect parody of superheroes.  The animation, action scenes, writing, as well as the cast of characters are great.  I laughed so hard while I was watching it.

Overall score: 9/10

i am not going to really do a review on Gravity falls season 1, the score i am going to give it is a.

watched all 20 episodes.

starting Season 2 tomrrow night.will be storing them on my Hard Drive. 

was also thinking about buring them to DVD-Rs.

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

Today, I'm going to give you a very special review of a cartoon series that I consider to be my absolute favorite, Justice League/Justice League Unlimited.  While I was growing up, I had to deal with kids constantly talking about Dragon Ball, Family Guy, Robot Chicken, and other matured rated content.  As for me, I didn't really care about that crap.  I was never too impressed with the stupid dialogue Family Guy has and the immense amount of Super Saiyan transformations the Dragon Ball franchise has.  Bruce Timm and Paul Dini made one of the greatest pieces of animation ever.  The story telling, character development, originality, character portrayals, voice acting, animation, voice acting, and action scenes were simply outrageous.  Even though most of the characters were "watered down" due to the fact that there are characters in the DC Universe that are near omnipotent (i.e. Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Despero, Solomon Grundy, Captain Marvel, and Captain Atom, as well as characters that are omnipotent (i.e. Darkseid, Hades, and Ares), Bruce Timm and Paul Dini pulled no punches when it came to showcasing dark and adult moment in many of their episodes.  My favorite heroes were Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Wally West, Martian Manhunter, Etrigan John Stewart, Hawkgirl, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Vixen, Captain Atom, Captain Marvel, Dr. Fate, the Atom, Vigilante, Supergirl, Steel, Aquaman, Metamorpho, and the Question.  My favorite antagonists were Gorilla Grodd, Amazo, Brainiac (especially when he fused with Lex Luthor), Morgan La Fey, Solomon Grundy, Galatea, the Justice Lords, & General Eiling.  This cartoon made me the DC Comics fan that I am today.  I highly recommend people watch this series either on iTunes or Netflix.

Overall score: 10/10

• Upvote 1

Hello guys,

I am going to review another series from the DCAU, Superman the animated series, starring Tim Daly voicing Superman, Clancy Brown voicing Lex Luthor, and Michael Ironside voicing Darkseid.  Great series and a phenomenal representation of the Superman character.  Tim Daly, honestly, is the best animated Superman due to his soft toned voice.  Animation, voice acting, character development, story telling, action scenes, and of the usage of dark and adult tones were outstanding.  Bruce Timm and Paul Dini know how to write and develop a character.  They did a great job in showcasing the depths of Superman's overall character.  Superman in the series was represented as a very human person like he is the comics.  The animated series was an adaptation of John Bryne's run on Superman especially from his Man of Steel series.  During the Pre-Crisis era, there were two Supermen, one started off weak, the other was incredibly powerful.  In 1986, DC said "Well it is going to be impossible to replicate what we did in the past, so we got to start all over."  In John Bryne's run on Superman, Superman was immensely weakened.  Even though he was able to lift and move millions and billions of tons effortlessly as well as take immense punishment, he had limits.  In the animated series, Superman struggled against high caliber bullets, missiles, and in lifting heavy objects.  I highly recommend many of you check out this series, it is awesome.

• Upvote 1

Hey guys,

I'm here to give my thoughts on the Supergirl TV series.  Outstanding.  Acting, story telling, character development, action scenes, special effects, are great.  The show does not oversexualize the character at all.  The villains are very good.  The supporting cast is awesome.  Hopefully, Superman does make a full appearance in the series.  I don't mind the whole idea of Kryptonians being immune to telepathy and mind control.

I give this show a thumbs up.

Ladies & Gentlemen,

MDC here to give you a very special review of a Marvel cartoon that many people including myself consider a classic, the 2010 animated series, Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes.  For those of you loved Wolverine & the X-Men back '09, I will honestly say that this cartoon took Marvel animation to the next level.  The animation, voice acting, cast of characters, character portrayals, story telling, originality, creativity, action, and the soundtrack were nothing short of awesome.  To this day, people have been comparing this series to Justice League/Justice League Unlimited.  I can't blame them because this cartoon had its similarities.  Once I watched the series premiere, I said to myself, "This is the future of Marvel Animation."  Unfortunately, Marvel cancelled it after 2 seasons.  We could've seen more from this show such as more development from Red Hulk, Wonder Man, Winter Soldier, Ronan, Black Widow, the possible return of Zemo and the Masters of Evil, the Skrulls, Kang the Conqueror, Loki, the debut of the Sentry, and possible adaptations of Civil War, House of M, Avengers Disassembled, and Avengers vs. X-Men.  Hell, we could've seen the Avengers fight the Brotherhood that consists of Magneto, Mystique, Sabretooth, Blob, Toad, Pyro, Avalanche, Juggernaut, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch.  I mean, who the hell does not want to see an animated fight between the Hulkster and Juggonuts.  That is some clash of titans shit right there.  Two big time powerhouses beating up each other.  That is some box office shit right there.

Anyways, if you haven't seen, check it out on YouTube, Netflix, or Itunes.

Hello Ladies and Gents,

I have here to give you my first anime/manga review.  The anime I will be reviewing is One Punch Man.  One Punch Man started out as a manga back in '09.  For many years, it has generated a massive fan base.  Coming into this series, I really didn't know what to expect, but let me tell you, it impressed the hell out of me.  For years, people have considered Saitama as the japanese anime equivalent to Superman in terms of strength, speed, stamina, and invulnerability.  Well, he is faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and can leap tall buildings in a single bound.  I'd say, Saitama is right up there.  Anyways, on to the review.

The series is phenominal.  The animation, character design, voice acting, music/soundtrack, writing, and action are off the chain.  TBH, the story was the best thing about the series.  Its pacing, narritive and character development were excellent.  Don't get me wrong, the action scenes were great, especially the fight between Saitama and the Dominator of the Universe, but the story really kept me going.  I highly look forward to a Season 2.  My overall thoughts on Saitama are that he is a very good character with a lot of promise and potential.  However, my favorite has to Silver Fang.  He is a badass mofo who takes no shit from anyone and has proven to be a great mentor to both Saitama and Genos.  Hopefully he helps them embrace and unleash their full potential.

Overall score: 8/10

• Upvote 1

Inhumans Episode 1 and 2 - Review (2017)

Episode 1

The Good
It does look like a movie even though it should of been

The Main Cast Delivers - Attilan's Royal family, Anson Mount (Black Bolt), Serinda Swan (Medusa), Ken Leung (Karnak), Eme Ikwuakor (Gorgon), Isabelle Cornish (Crystal), and Iwan Rheon (Maximus) are all fantastic, with the latter being the show's standout performer.

A Unique Marvel Aesthetic

The Characters Are Conceptually Fascinating (Especially Black Bolt)

Maximus is a growing villain

Karnak badass powers

The Bad
The Supporting Cast is pretty terrible

The Acton is Hit or miss

The editing is really bad

The CGI on Lockjaw is really really bad

The Music was pretty loud and annoying

The Humor in episode 1 was hit or miss

Scott Buck's Script is meh him being the show runner of this idk what Marvel was thinking did they not see the last few seasons of Dextetr they were awful he's the reason why Iron Fist wasn't great.

SO MUCH SLOW MO

Thew Weird Subplot with the Humans try into figure out what's on the moon

Overall Grade: D

Episode 2 

The Good
this episode is a huge improvement over the first episode
We have Black Bolt,  Medusa, Karnak, and Gorgon all on earth but they are all separated showing their struggles 
Black Bolt going to jail and he can't speak cause if he does he kills everyone, Medusa powersare slowling growing back (one of the negatives I had in the first episode. It I'm OK with it), Gorgon trying to find Triton but can't swim, and Karnak powers are probably fucked up. And Crystal still stuck on the moon as a prisoner to Maximus

Black Bolt slightly using his powers

The humor is a little better

Black Bolt being a More Interesting character

Auran is a badass but Medusa is deadly 

The Bad
The Action still hit or miss

Taking Karnak's powers away for a little bit is disappointing 

Subplot continues still waiting on Payoff.

Overall Grade: B

3 hours ago, sateler96 said:

Inhumans Episode 1 and 2 - Review (2017)

Episode 1

The Good
It does look like a movie even though it should of been

The Main Cast Delivers - Attilan's Royal family, Anson Mount (Black Bolt), Serinda Swan (Medusa), Ken Leung (Karnak), Eme Ikwuakor (Gorgon), Isabelle Cornish (Crystal), and Iwan Rheon (Maximus) are all fantastic, with the latter being the show's standout performer.

A Unique Marvel Aesthetic

The Characters Are Conceptually Fascinating (Especially Black Bolt)

Maximus is a growing villain

Karnak badass powers

The Bad
The Supporting Cast is pretty terrible

The Acton is Hit or miss

The editing is really bad

The CGI on Lockjaw is really really bad

The Music was pretty loud and annoying

The Humor in episode 1 was hit or miss

Scott Buck's Script is meh him being the show runner of this idk what Marvel was thinking did they not see the last few seasons of Dextetr they were awful he's the reason why Iron Fist wasn't great.

SO MUCH SLOW MO

Thew Weird Subplot with the Humans try into figure out what's on the moon

Overall Grade: D

Episode 2 

The Good
this episode is a huge improvement over the first episode
We have Black Bolt,  Medusa, Karnak, and Gorgon all on earth but they are all separated showing their struggles 
Black Bolt going to jail and he can't speak cause if he does he kills everyone, Medusa powersare slowling growing back (one of the negatives I had in the first episode. It I'm OK with it), Gorgon trying to find Triton but can't swim, and Karnak powers are probably fucked up. And Crystal still stuck on the moon as a prisoner to Maximus

Black Bolt slightly using his powers

The humor is a little better

Black Bolt being a More Interesting character

Auran is a badass but Medusa is deadly 

The Bad
The Action still hit or miss

Taking Karnak's powers away for a little bit is disappointing 

Subplot continues still waiting on Payoff.

Overall Grade: B

I'm glad the Inhumans are finally making their appearance in the MCU.  They are one of Stan Lee's and Jack Kirby's babies.

4 hours ago, MDCFAN101 said:

I'm glad the Inhumans are finally making their appearance in the MCU.  They are one of Stan Lee's and Jack Kirby's babies.

Yeah but well its gonna get canceled more than likely since it is this years most hated showed for critics and fans with a 4% on RT

20 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

Yeah but well its gonna get canceled more than likely since it is this years most hated showed for critics and fans with a 4% on RT

Whatever.  I'll make my judgment when I watch the show.