The King of Hate Forums

Is this really grounds for being kicked from stream chat?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why is this thread still open?!

I think Phil gets so many troll comments/insults daily, that he doesn't know the difference between a joke and an insult anymore. 

He's never going back to twitch again after the incident that occurred. I wish he would have went to hitbox since there weren't that many LP'rs there and he could have started off fresh. Plus the chat

Posted Images

4 hours ago, UnoLavoz said:

The IRC chat is so outdated, Phil should really upgrade.

He's never going back to twitch again after the incident that occurred. I wish he would have went to hitbox since there weren't that many LP'rs there and he could have started off fresh. Plus the chat is actually up to date and isn't so aesthetically unpleasing to the eyes. 

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, NepNep said:

He's never going back to twitch again after the incident that occurred. I wish he would have went to hitbox since there weren't that many LP'rs there and he could have started off fresh. Plus the chat is actually up to date and isn't so aesthetically unpleasing to the eyes. 

Yup hitbox would have been great also but now that he's settled on on website with embed and shitty IRC the dream is dead. RIP good chat. You will be missed. 

I also received a ban for the most petty of reasons the other day. I made an admittedly ignorant comment that DSP had lost a lot of subscribers due to the drama with AOS and received a ban without explanation from TheHiddenBoss.

Like I say, don't get me wrong, my comment was ignorant and really stupid. Looking at Socialblade he'd only lost half a thousand subscribers, and that came from the SFV videos and Phil asking people to ubsubscribe this week, I thought it was a lot more and shouldn't have made a comment like that to begin with. Although it wasn't said in a 'ha ha, Phil is losing subscribers, way, it was in an observational way.

Anyway I messaged TheHiddenBoss on here to apologise for making such a silly comment and ask if there was anything I could do to explain my mistake and I've had no reply so I wanted to take a shot and bring it up in here. I'm very very new to Phil but I'm excited to see his future playthroughs and I would love to at least be back on IRC. My point is that if you're instantly banned for life for making a silly ignorant comment that wasn't meant with malice, then viewership will be hard to maintain. 

3 hours ago, KarenRiley said:

Like I say, don't get me wrong, my comment was ignorant and really stupid. Looking at Socialblade he'd only lost half a thousand subscribers, and that came from the SFV videos and Phil asking people to ubsubscribe this week, I thought it was a lot more and shouldn't have made a comment like that to begin with. Although it wasn't said in a 'ha ha, Phil is losing subscribers, way, it was in an observational way.

I don't see how that comment was ignorant and really stupid when he has lost 700 subscribers cause of the SFV spam and AOS nonsense. Its the truth.... I have a hard time imagining that 700 people are going to resubscribe on Tuesday.  But regardless, you've sad your piece and apologized so you should be unbanned.

14 minutes ago, UnoLavoz said:

I don't see how that comment was ignorant and really stupid when he has lost 700 subscribers cause of the SFV spam and AOS nonsense. Its the truth.... I have a hard time imagining that 700 people are going to resubscribe on Tuesday.  But regardless, you've sad your piece and apologized so you should be unbanned.

It's not really beneficial or relevant for his stream for someone to go 'oh my gosh Phil has lost so many subscribers since this nonsense started, I can't believe it!' though. I said it in a heat of the moment attempt to make conversation (I rarely speak in streams so I wasn't fully aware of the etiquette), and I admit that I shouldn't have. A quick word to the side to tell me not to behave like that again or a day ban would have been fine but a lifetime ban and no response to my messages has made me feel like I should flag it up to a mod or Phil. 

3 hours ago, KarenRiley said:

It's not really beneficial or relevant for his stream for someone to go 'oh my gosh Phil has lost so many subscribers since this nonsense started, I can't believe it!' though. I said it in a heat of the moment attempt to make conversation (I rarely speak in streams so I wasn't fully aware of the etiquette), and I admit that I shouldn't have. A quick word to the side to tell me not to behave like that again or a day ban would have been fine but a lifetime ban and no response to my messages has made me feel like I should flag it up to a mod or Phil. 

Well to be fair (and this is why I don't join the stream chat) This is how fast you get banned for saying, really anything in the chat:

4.thumb.png.488511a3eb8c8fc90f8a35e9c1c3

Like, c'mon Phil. Cussing and banning people cause you lost to an A.I. character...Just laugh it off and move on to the next match and/or don't look at the chat.

Edited by UnoLavoz
3 minutes ago, UnoLavoz said:

Well to be fair (and this is why I don't join the stream chat) This is how fast you get banned for saying, really anything in the chat:

4.thumb.png.488511a3eb8c8fc90f8a35e9c1c3

Like, c'mon Phil. Cause you lost to an A.I. character....

This was an ongoing thing, he was being quite "edgy" 

Phil had just lost A survival mode run with the most Brutal margin against the last boss. Normally i think he would have tolerated it. 

I do think the AI is supposed to read your input. It is kind of like it's job.  The AI  translates your input to what your character does in the game. So it's a bigger shame if it drops your input, 

• Upvote 1

Can I please be unbanned from the stream chat? I got rage kicked/banned by DSP on Saturday, for commenting on his complaints after he got bodied during one of those Chun Li sets. I've been a stream regular basically all of this month; it should be pretty clear that I'm not there just to troll/hate (the comment I made wasn't even intended as a personal attack). I've also bought some soap this month, so I'm definitely not a "detractor" lol.

It's a silly ban man. I understand you being frustrated or whatever, but sometimes you really just need to chill out for a second and breathe. It's just video games dude. Yeah we're there to watch your content first, but being able to share your comments/opinions, or just generally chat with other fans, makes the experience even better. Permanently banning someone for making a hardly "negative" comment is pretty dramatic.

I get that there are trolls that come in just to attack you, but you shouldn't take every negative comment you see as that being the case (let alone shit other people would typically just brush off). You've got moderators there for a reason; they can handle the troll booting just fine. Their judgement is based on actual interaction; which is what keeps harmless people from being banned in cases like this. Just because someone says something you don't like doesn't mean they're a hater or troll.

8 hours ago, anon001 said:

Can I please be unbanned from the stream chat? I got rage kicked/banned by DSP on Saturday, for commenting on his complaints after he got bodied during one of those Chun Li sets. 

Lmfao, Phil gotta stop doing this, this like the third or forth account that has claimed they've been banned after Phil loses in Street Fighter. Sooner or later people are going to stop caring when their banned and never come back, and im sorry im not going to be so apathetic to another "I need views, im in debt" drama video.

Edited by UnoLavoz
5 hours ago, UnoLavoz said:

Lmfao, Phil gotta stop doing this, this like the third or forth account that has claimed they've been banned after Phil loses in Street Fighter. Sooner or later people are going to stop caring when their banned and never come back, and im sorry im not going to be so apathetic to another "I need views, im in debt" drama video.

Really, it's situations like these that leave people with sour feelings about DSP. As I mentioned before, I was pretty much a regular, I liked being there for the streams. Now I'm banned and kind of just left twiddling my thumbs at this point. I've tweeted at Phil about it on Sunday, and he just ignored it. At the very least, coming here, I was hopeful for some mod input on it. Again, it's a very silly reason to be banned -- and the lack of communication surrounding it is pretty disheartening. If I'm no longer welcomed as a fan/viewer over something so petty, I sincerely will just stop watching then. That's the point of the ban right?

17 hours ago, hardcoreparkour said:

Why does he need to?

Because the average viewer wouldn't want to be in a chat that is so non-user friendly, which means the stream will not have any growth of its own. Just the fact that users in the chat still have to be manually voiced completely destroys it as a place of community where people can talk when Phil isn't streaming, because if there are no mods there you can't get in. It's [current year], naked IRC is just not up to standards.

I think in terms of streaming, leaving twitch was a really big mistake. People don't watch channels because they have 1080p/60fps, the overwhelming majority of people don't care what quality the videos are in (especially the difference of 30>60fps), so him leaving twitch because he couldn't stream in a high enough bitrate to support 1080p/60fps really baffles me.

Edited by CIA
  • Upvote 1

I will admit that whole "you have to be manually voiced" thing is kinda of....meh
Sure it keeps out trolls but it also pretty much kills conversation. It's like when people (not just Phil) disable youtube comments.
People can't discuss anything being addressed (unless they want to start a thread here but if they make an account just to make a thread that will most likely be seen as trolls and banned instantly) and it just seems unappealing to people in general and will just turn them away if they aren't dedicated fans.

4 hours ago, CIA said:

I think in terms of streaming, leaving twitch was a really big mistake. People don't watch channels because they have 1080p/60fps, the overwhelming majority of people don't care what quality the videos are in (especially the difference of 30>60fps), so him leaving twitch because he couldn't stream in a high enough bitrate to support 1080p/60fps really baffles me.

2 hours ago, Nation said:

People can't discuss anything being addressed (unless they want to start a thread here but if they make an account just to make a thread that will most likely be seen as trolls and banned instantly) and it just seems unappealing to people in general and will just turn them away if they aren't dedicated fans.

Exactly, its blatantly obvious the streaming and chat platforms are holding him back. Cause Phil's commentary isnt going to hold a person to stay and watch, thats not a shot to Phil, thats any 5 hour commentator, theirs going to be dry spots. So with Youtube chat disabled and the IRC Chat being ridiculously militant to everyone cause of trolls. So why would a non entertained person stay? Exactly why the Street Fighter streams dropped in views each day....

On one hand I agree to a degree.

On the other hand, who wants to read constant trolling on YouTube comment section or chat? Honestly, I think that will happen. Constant trolling, accusations, "shiting" on phil in all ways possible.

24 minutes ago, 13hr said:

On one hand I agree to a degree.

On the other hand, who wants to read constant trolling on YouTube comment section or chat? Honestly, I think that will happen. Constant trolling, accusations, "shiting" on phil in all ways possible.

There are ways to get around the trolling in both places. YouTube added a blacklist feature a long time ago. You can add words and phrases to a blacklist and then comments with those words and phrases in them don't show up. As for stream chat that's as simple as clear, easy to understand rules and active moderators. 

2 hours ago, GaspinGeckos said:

There are ways to get around the trolling in both places. YouTube added a blacklist feature a long time ago. You can add words and phrases to a blacklist and then comments with those words and phrases in them don't show up. As for stream chat that's as simple as clear, easy to understand rules and active moderators. 

Oh damn you got your account back. Im surprised!

It might be my ineptitude to use the youtube chat. But i think it is really bad. It is more like a shout box. Because no real communications is taking place. I think the current stream chat is a good option. The only problem i can see at times is that there moderation sometimes is a bit on the strict side. How ever I have never experienced any problems with it. I had to wait two minutes once to get voiced because there where no moderators. And phil had to voice me. Not a big problem in my opinion. 

I do think this tread is good. I just wish the moderators would listen,  or give their input here. 

• Phil locked this topic