The King of Hate Forums

Why is DSP hated in the YouTube Community? AlphaOmegaSin Namedrops DSP

22 minutes ago, 13hr said:

If you like Phil and his content you ll try to not agitate him.

Honestly this whole "why is Phil hated" thread is slowly but steadily pouring gasoline on an already burning fire 

If you dig into someone's past you ll find grey or black pages. It doesn't matter.

I honestly don't understand.

We are not phils judges or his manager. Avoid agitating Phil and just enjoy the content. Remember the old saying "if you don't have anything good to say, say nothing." 

Amen.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Usually when people need to specify a definition it makes their argument seem a bit flimsy in my opinion. Feels like at this point this thread has become a petty semantics war. We can split hairs all

He came up in the official thread for Street Fighter V on NeoGAF too. He ended up playing one of the members there in one of his matches yesterday and they linked to the video of it (they were the Ras

Guys, I'm tired trying to get some work done. Would you stop arguing about this in the way you are? Look, Phil never rage quitted in Street Fighter (besides the April Fools' joke), I'm pretty sure tha

Posted Images

I wanna say two things before this thread is inevitably closed. 1. The injustice thing is essentially a ragequit. He got pissed off, gave up, and let the other guy win. He may not have backed out of the match, but he did ragequit it.

2. Why does this even matter? Who cares if people think he ragequits? It's a fucking video game. Why get so worked up over something so insignificant? I could understand getting that angry if someone accused him of cheating on his girlfriend, but not because people think he ragequits in a videogame.

• Upvote 3
2 minutes ago, GaspinGeckos said:

2. Why does this even matter? Who cares if people think he ragequits? It's a fucking video game. Why get so worked up over something so insignificant? I could understand getting that angry if someone accused him of cheating on his girlfriend, but not because people think he ragequits in a videogame.

It's due to the length DSP went to state he never rage quits. If AOS said what he did and DSP didn't find out or react then it wouldn't be an issue, but since it got a rise out of him and he went to the lengths that he did to disprove it it's now become a thing.

15 minutes ago, Nation said:

It's due to the length DSP went to state he never rage quits. If AOS said what he did and DSP didn't find out or react then it wouldn't be an issue, but since it got a rise out of him and he went to the lengths that he did to disprove it it's now become a thing.

That doesn't explain to me why Phil got so worked up about it. I mean, if he was still a pro player then fine. I can see how that could damage a pro player's reputation. But Phil's not a pro player anymore, for all intents and purposes he is now a casual player. Or even if he only covered fighting games, but he doesn't. So how does people thinking he's a ragequitter affect him? Anyone who uses that as a reason for not watching him probably wouldn't have watched him anyway.

Oh, and again AOS never called Phil a ragequitter. It didn't happen.

Edited by GaspinGeckos
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, GaspinGeckos said:

That doesn't explain to me why Phil got so worked up about it. I mean, if he was still a pro player then fine. I can see how that could damage a pro player's reputation. But Phil's not a pro player anymore, for all intents and purposes he is now a casual player. Or even if he only covered fighting games, but he doesn't. So how does people thinking he's a ragequitter affect him? Anyone who uses that as a reason for not watching him probably wouldn't have watched him anyway.

From what i've seen Phil got so worked up about it mainly because he takes everything to heart. Even if it shouldn't bother him.

And although he isn't a pro player anymore he does bring it up quite often so i guess it hits his pride from the old days or something? I dunno, just my thoughts.

4 hours ago, 13hr said:

We are not phils judges or his manager. Avoid agitating Phil and just enjoy the content. Remember the old saying "if you don't have anything good to say, say nothing." 

Look at how we have to tiptoe on eggshells just to talk about this issue. It's ridiculous.  We are talking about a 33 yr old man, I'm sure his feelings aren't going to be hurt easily...If they are, and this thread is closed by him, dead giveaway theres some truth to all this cause it affected him.

3 hours ago, Davey_J_Jr said:

Amen.

Thought you were leaving?, I apologize if you felt attacked by me last night but don't bait me to "bring evidence" when everything negative (which I don't get how its negative when its directly HIS content) is restricted content on the forums. You're insulting my intelligence. This is the last time I will directly quote or reply to you cause obviously we don't have much to converse about without arguing.

If you back out of a game prematurely in any form, its rage quitting. Period. Phil rage-quitted. I'm tired of all seeing all these lame technicalities being discussed. They're hour long videos out there of Phil just rage-quitting games, including fighting games. Lets be real here. Now if Phil apologizes or not, I think this whole topic has been exhausted, cause everyone that can do a little google research can find the correct answer.

Edited by DephrameDimension
7 hours ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

Guys, I'm tired trying to get some work done. Would you stop arguing about this in the way you are? Look, Phil never rage quitted in Street Fighter (besides the April Fools' joke), I'm pretty sure that one incident in Injustice was not a rage quit because if I remember correctly the match finished naturally, and there have been no other cases of possible rage quit in fighting games. So can this argument end without more insulting? Also, post count and rep have nothing to do with being a mod. <_<

This should be the last post in the thread and the argument died here. Phil didn't rage quit and the only people really mad about it are those twisting the definition of quit. 

Just now, hardcoreparkour said:

This should be the last post in the thread and the argument died here. Phil didn't rage quit and the only people really mad about it are those twisting the definition of quit. 

Except no one is twisting any definitions. There's a video of him playing Injustice where he just quits playing against a Deathstroke. He got mad and he quit. Stayed in the match but quit playing. That in itself is a rage quit.

5 hours ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

Well Phil's really only trying to show that he doesn't rage quit in fighting games in general. That's all he cares about proving. Imo, there's a big difference between rage quitting an entire game like the Bloodborne DLC where there's no harm in that and rage quitting during a fighting game match, which would be disrespectful and screwing over other players from gaining more points for their ranks.

Of course there is a big difference. At least when rage quitting a SP game your not affecting people directly. MP is a different story if your just quitting matches and making it worse for others. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, hardcoreparkour said:

Quit - To stop or discontinue an action or activity.

I'd say what he did in that injustice video falls under that definition. He just stopped playing completely and let the guy kill him. If that's not quitting then what is It?

9 minutes ago, hardcoreparkour said:

You know what, heres DSPGAMING's own video from July 13th 2013. So it can't be negative content when its his content:

• Phil is Raging
  • Phil Quit Fighting

= A rage quit. End of Story.

5 minutes ago, hardcoreparkour said:

Nice twisting of definition, but guess what? We can do it too. Some of you rage quit SilentWarriors point. Hows about that?

Please enlighten me how we are twisting the definition:

2.thumb.png.a03e4865cfd6b8285af0f59a467d

Cause every word in the definition is what exactly happened in the video. I think your straw argument stops here.

1 hour ago, GaspinGeckos said:

Do you not understand that a popular Youtuber talking shit about Phil/spreading wrong information is going to effect him? People that has never heard of Phil and listened to AOS's video is now going to associate dsp as the guy that "cries" and rage in videogames. Phil already has a bad reputation on the Internet due to his detractors spreading wrong shit about him everywhere, a big YouTuber calling him out is not going to help Phil. 

5 minutes ago, Star said:

Do you not understand that a popular Youtuber talking shit about Phil/spreading wrong information is going to effect him? People that has never heard of Phil and listened to AOS's video is now going to associate dsp as the guy that "cries" and rage in videogames. Phil already has a bad reputation on the Internet due to his detractors spreading wrong shit about him everywhere, a big YouTuber calling him out is not going to help Phil. 

But Phil does rage and complain when he plays games, especially fighting names. Not as much as he used to but he still does it. And like I said earlier, anyone who uses that as a reason to not watch him probably wouldn't have watched him anyway.

Edited by GaspinGeckos
19 minutes ago, cooper said:

I don't think this is shocking. Totalbiscuit has said bad things about phil also. Alot of youtubers are lately. 

The thing is, Phil shoots himself in the foot a lot, and I don't know if the Universe just dislikes Phillip Burnell but, his karma comes back faster than most other people on the planet. Especially when he says things that are outrageous. Such as, I subscribed to DSP not to long before he went at ReviewTechUSA for posting nipples on his twitter and then banned him saying "he doesn't want that type of shit on his business twitter, its for professional use only"....then I go there today and see professional tweets such as this:

1.png.ea1e2901ade706ce06a7b23b71cd8e9a.p

And...I become speechless, I try to defend him as much as possible....but its hard when the hypocrisy levels are at DEFCON 1. Someone said hilariously under this tweet (and I don't care if it comes off negative or positive, its hilarious.)

"Did he just ragequit a discussion about him ragequitting? #SoMeta"....

I legitimately feel sorry for the positions Phil puts himself in, cause if he just had a lil more foresight, he would avoid 75% of all this bullshit he's knee deep in.

• Upvote 1

The biggest problem is Phil feels the need to address these concerns. If he didn't address any of these, he wouldn't have any issues. But if you sit there and address every little concern, gripe, annoyance, and tip someone might have, you are bound to fuck up. 

Phil fucks up a lot.

"Block them." If you block them, they won.

"If you don't counter concerns, they win." But if you keep throwing your foot in your mouth, they will definitely win.

6 hours ago, Davey_J_Jr said:

Amen.

2 hours ago, hardcoreparkour said:

Nice twisting of definition, but guess what? We can do it too. Some of you rage quit SilentWarriors point. Hows about that?

I'm waiting for Phil's last word on this because we keep on repeating  ourselves and you'll never get it!

5 hours ago, AshishAshLamps007 said:

Lock it, mods.

It's turning into a platform to attack Phil.

How long Are you going to put op with these concern trolls?

I almost ragequit this forum because of them.

People have a right to be honest, and if they want to discuss mundane things about DSP   wouldn't this be the place to do it? 

If people come in here with a negative impression of DSP and says how they feel about it. It is better to discuss it than constantly looking and moderating the threads. Phil has real fans on this site that usually takes care of business until this trolls come in and derail things. 

I personally have a problem with this type of bait, I to often swallow it. 

And yes  phil did ragequit that terrible fighting game. which I am certain many people have done. It is the first i have seen of it. And it don't really matter. The problem is not this, it is that people misunderstood and thought he ment any game.  And this discussion helped bring and end to that argument. This type of discussion is also healthy for phils reputation. It is better to refute baseless claims than to ignore them...  

Edited by BrightSideViking
24 minutes ago, BrightSideViking said:

And yes phil did ragequit that terrible fighting game. which I am certain many people have done. It is the first i have seen of it. And it don't really matter. The problem is not this, it is that people misunderstood and thought he ment any game.  And this discussion helped bring and end to that argument. This type of discussion is also healthy for phils reputation. It is better to refute baseless claims than to ignore them...  

I would respect him saying that than what he's doing now. That tweet I posted from him with the video saying "This isn't a ragequit", was ridiculous. The equivalent of what he did on Twitter was approach a detective doing an investigation on him with a video of him stealing something and he say's: "This video is me not stealing"......Oh really?! Then what the fuck is it then?!? I'm almost at the point to where I think he's trolling. I hope he is just trolling.