The King of Hate Forums

Why is DSP hated in the YouTube Community? AlphaOmegaSin Namedrops DSP

I'll tell you why DSP is hated in the fighting game community.

99% of FGC players (with the exception of Daigo Umehara) have to rely on tournament winnings for any sustainable income. They have to consistently place in Top 3 to earn money. Phil, on the other hand, has a much more consistent income on a monthly basis and doesn't have to put in hundreds of hours into fighting games. Simply put, those FGC players are jealous of DSP's success outside of the Street Fighter community. 

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Usually when people need to specify a definition it makes their argument seem a bit flimsy in my opinion. Feels like at this point this thread has become a petty semantics war. We can split hairs all

He came up in the official thread for Street Fighter V on NeoGAF too. He ended up playing one of the members there in one of his matches yesterday and they linked to the video of it (they were the Ras

Guys, I'm tired trying to get some work done. Would you stop arguing about this in the way you are? Look, Phil never rage quitted in Street Fighter (besides the April Fools' joke), I'm pretty sure tha

Posted Images

Lol!! So much whining about a "ragequit" that never happened.

Obviois trolls.

14 minutes ago, Sammy_Samosa said:

99% of FGC players (with the exception of Daigo Umehara) have to rely on tournament winnings for any sustainable income. They have to consistently place in Top 3 to earn money. Phil, on the other hand, has a much more consistent income on a monthly basis and doesn't have to put in hundreds of hours into fighting games. Simply put, those FGC players are jealous of DSP's success outside of the Street Fighter community.

This!!

25 minutes ago, DephrameDimension said:

I would respect him saying that than what he's doing now. That tweet I posted from him with the video saying "This isn't a ragequit", was ridiculous. The equivalent of what he did on Twitter was approach a detective doing an investigation on him with a video of him stealing something and he say's: "This video is me not stealing"......Oh really?! Then what the fuck is it then?!? I'm almost at the point to where I think he's trolling. I hope he is just trolling.

He might have another definition of rage quitting. Like it have to be Angry german kid style to count. Or something i really don't know. 

It's like if i took some garbage without asking. It is technically stealing, few will consider it theft. Because it don't really matter. it is garbage. I wouldn't consider myself a thief even if I was by definition. 

Edited by BrightSideViking

DephrameDimension banned, as he was a sock account (no surprise there). Can only take so much piled on bullshit without substantiation. 

Nothing brought up in this thread is a legit ragequit in regards to what's commonly accepted as one in the FGC. 

Ragequitting, in regards to fighting games, is the practice of quitting out of an online multiplayer match before the match concludes, in order to "cheat the system" and not have the loss count. It's considered a cowardly/disrespectful tactic because it makes the match a waste of time for the person who won, regardless of the tactics they made have used/the quality of the connection. Over the years I've been the MOST VOCAL person on the damned internet when it comes to DISAGREEING with the practice.

AOS brings up ragequitting because, in SFV, there is zero penalty for it. You can quit out of a match at any time with no negative effect at all, giving people even MORE incentive to do it and "game the system" to appear higher in the rankings than they actually have earned, because none of their losses are counted. However, he decided to jump off the fucking deep end and bring my name into it, SPECIFICALLY using me as an example of someone who "Bitches at the game because it's never their fault they lose, then they ragequit" when, in ANY sense, you can only substantiate half of that statement. 

Bottom line: this guy knows nothing about competitive fighters, thought that it would be cool to "namedrop" me in a negative light, and got it all wrong. You can say I bitch when I play fighting games online (the proof is there, I uploaded it) but you CANNOT say I ragequit out of the games and cheat the system. I take my losses like a man, record every one and upload them ALL to YouTube. Saying I'm a ragequitter is a WHOLE other realm of disrespect when it comes to competitive fighting games.

Why does this matter? Probably because I've become the running joke of the internet/YouTube because I DON'T call out these idiots when they say things so grossly incorrect. AOS has no idea what he's talking about in this video and is doing his usual schtick of "yell at the camera to cause drama/get dem views" and thought it would be extra-funny (and controversial) to drop my name. Nope, not having it. As I said in the tweet, let's see if he's man enough to admit his mistake.

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, Phil said:

AOS brings up ragequitting because, in SFV, there is zero penalty for it. You can quit out of a match at any time with no negative effect at all, giving people even MORE incentive to do it and "game the system" to appear higher in the rankings than they actually have earned, because none of their losses are counted.

Not gonna lie, i don't know much about fighting games but if this is true then fuck me that's terrible.

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

DephrameDimension banned, as he was a sock account (no surprise there). Can only take so much piled on bullshit without substantiation. 

Nothing brought up in this thread is a legit ragequit in regards to what's commonly accepted as one in the FGC. 

Ragequitting, in regards to fighting games, is the practice of quitting out of an online multiplayer match before the match concludes, in order to "cheat the system" and not have the loss count. It's considered a cowardly/disrespectful tactic because it makes the match a waste of time for the person who won, regardless of the tactics they made have used/the quality of the connection. Over the years I've been the MOST VOCAL person on the damned internet when it comes to DISAGREEING with the practice.

AOS brings up ragequitting because, in SFV, there is zero penalty for it. You can quit out of a match at any time with no negative effect at all, giving people even MORE incentive to do it and "game the system" to appear higher in the rankings than they actually have earned, because none of their losses are counted. However, he decided to jump off the fucking deep end and bring my name into it, SPECIFICALLY using me as an example of someone who "Bitches at the game because it's never their fault they lose, then they ragequit" when, in ANY sense, you can only substantiate half of that statement. 

Bottom line: this guy knows nothing about competitive fighters, thought that it would be cool to "namedrop" me in a negative light, and got it all wrong. You can say I bitch when I play fighting games online (the proof is there, I uploaded it) but you CANNOT say I ragequit out of the games and cheat the system. I take my losses like a man, record every one and upload them ALL to YouTube. Saying I'm a ragequitter is a WHOLE other realm of disrespect when it comes to competitive fighting games.

Why does this matter? Probably because I've become the running joke of the internet/YouTube because I DON'T call out these idiots when they say things so grossly incorrect. AOS has no idea what he's talking about in this video and is doing his usual schtick of "yell at the camera to cause drama/get dem views" and thought it would be extra-funny (and controversial) to drop my name. Nope, not having it. As I said in the tweet, let's see if he's man enough to admit his mistake.

Alright Phil, this'll be the like 4th time I've posted this in this thread. He didn't make a mistake, you did. He never called you a ragequitter. If you actually understood what he was saying you'd know that. But you let your emotions overwrite everything. He used you in reference to the fact that you complain and make excuses why it's not your fault you're losing. That's it. Stop trying to start a flame war over something that didn't happen.

• Upvote 1

I always assumed that most rage quits are purely out of frustration and not a means to avoid negative stats. I can see some people doing that, but it seems more calculated and planned than what I'd call a real rage-quit. I know when I rage-quit (not in fighting games..I don't play them much) I do so because I'm pissed and don't want to take more of an ass beating LOL. 

1 hour ago, Sammy_Samosa said:

You do know lots of FGC players have jobs outside of fighting games or have sponsors right? PR Rog works at Nvdia and is sponsored by Evil Genesis 

14 hours ago, DephrameDimension said:

really....so you dont have an excuse. If you prematurely end the match, its a rage quit. And I dont care what you think I am, 350 post w/ 185 reps and you're still not a mod. That speaks volumes.

I've never seen him ragequit a fighting game. Sorry. Maybe non fgs but not a fighting game online. 

7 hours ago, Nation said:

Except no one is twisting any definitions. There's a video of him playing Injustice where he just quits playing against a Deathstroke. He got mad and he quit. Stayed in the match but quit playing. That in itself is a rage quit.

That's not a ragequit. He didn't deprive the other person of points. Ragequitting is depriving the other person of points/rank they otherwise earned. That's not the same.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, witchsaber said:

That's not a ragequit. He didn't deprive the other person of points. Ragequitting is depriving the other person of points/rank they otherwise earned. That's not the same.

That's a side effect of a rage quit, not the act of rage quitting itself. 
If i shoot someone and they don't die you can't then say "Nation never shot him because he's still alive". 

3 hours ago, Nation said:

That's a side effect of a rage quit, not the act of rage quitting itself. 
If i shoot someone and they don't die you can't then say "Nation never shot him because he's still alive". 

If the connection is delayed and you can't react to what's going on, then that's just giving up, not rage quitting. Again, I've played FGS online long enough to know the difference. Again, did he deprive someone of points/rank? No. He just gave up. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, GaspinGeckos said:

Alright Phil, this'll be the like 4th time I've posted this in this thread. He didn't make a mistake, you did. He never called you a ragequitter. If you actually understood what he was saying you'd know that. But you let your emotions overwrite everything. He used you in reference to the fact that you complain and make excuses why it's not your fault you're losing. That's it. Stop trying to start a flame war over something that didn't happen.

He shouldn't have mentioned DSP period.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, witchsaber said:

If the connection is delayed and you can't react to what's going on, then that's just giving up, not rage quitting. Again, I've played FGS online long enough to know the difference. Again, did he deprive someone of points/rank? No. He just gave up. 

Angrily gave up, almost like he quit while full of rage?

2 minutes ago, hardcoreparkour said:

Next person to say it's a ragequit gets shot. :tongue:

Come at me! :P

1 minute ago, witchsaber said:

You don't get it, do you? That's just giving up. Quitting is depriving someone of points/rank.

Giving up and quitting are the same though. If you give up on a match you've quit the match. I understand the depriving points argument you're making but then it sounds like if the game doesn't have a points system then rage quitting is impossible. Which isn't true.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Nation said:

Giving up and quitting are the same though. If you give up on a match you've quit the match. I understand the depriving points argument you're making but then it sounds like if the game doesn't have a points system then rage quitting is impossible. Which isn't true.

HE. DIDN'T. QUIT. THE. MATCH.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, hardcoreparkour said:

He quit playing right? Just stopped trying and just walked forward? That's a quit. He quit trying.

I feel like this is going to go in circles forever so i think it's best just to end it here.

Edited by Nation
4 minutes ago, hardcoreparkour said:

Breath, mate. It's ok. He didn't "dashboard" or shut the system off, but he certainly did quit the match. When you stop playing, that's the same as quitting as far as I'm concerned. Obviously, there's a divide here and that's to be expected, but there's no reason to get upset or take it personally. I wish Phil would laugh this kind of stuff off as well. 

Edited by Vrifter
6 minutes ago, Nation said:

Phil just explained the situation earlier.

No point in talking about something that never happened.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Phil said:

This makes me understand much better. What your definition of Rage quitting in fighting games is. And you are probably 100% correct in that regard. So thank you for explaining.  

To me and others who are casuals in regards to fighting games. It is just simply Is a very uncommon way to define a rage quit. I would have not come to that conclusion on my own. I think Rage quitting is a bad term to use for it. Because it is more like rank quitting. or Rank cheating or something.

I destroyed my console playing a fighting game once. I was playing mortal combat  and for some reason after trying to beat that 4 armed freak for a bajiliont time and just almost made it, and was convinced the game was deliberatly trying to fuck with me. So I thew the controller at the console. The controller survived but the cd drive was fucked.  What shall i call this? (obviosly i was being a fucking idiot) but I also rage quit a fighting game did i not?  

Edited by BrightSideViking