The King of Hate Forums

2nd Streams coming back?

Earlier this year Phil announced that when KOGaming launched he'd stop doing 2nd streams so he had time for all the edited content he wants to do now. Well, since SFV Phil has started doing 2nd streams again. He did 2 streams a day all last week and he plans to do 2 streams a day all this week. I just have to wonder why. In the week in preview last night he complained about not having time to do all the edited content he wants to do, but that's his fault. If he maintained not doing 2nd streams he'd have plenty of time for the edited content. But he's fallen back to his old ways again, which I silently predicted would happen the first time he announced the schedule changed. I had hoped he'd keep up with a single daily stream leaving the rest of the day to do stuff for the new channel, but I guess Phil changed his mind about it. I'm just confused as to why he's gone back. The only benefit to going back is that he can finish games faster, but the other two channels suffer because of it. He now has no time to do vlogs or edited videos because he has to stream later in the day, but he can play TWD: Michonne, PvZ: Garden Warfare 2, and Far Cry Primal all at the same time. I dunno, I just figured he'd want to spend a couple months focusing on growing KOGaming.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, 13hr said:

I'm not sure.

I think Phil thinks its not worth it view wise to spend so much time energy effort on kogaming.

Honestly though it's not like he abandoned it. It's just a regroup o think, a revisal of his strategy

Well Its only been a month, he only got 2.7% out of his main channel subs to participate with the new channel. On top of that his views have dwindled to about 3,000 views when DSP openly said he needs to make about 10K in views per video on that channel. I don't know how he and others thought a new channel was going to consistently get 10K views per video when your main channel only consistently gets 10K views is when they're drama videos.

After saying all that though, heres why I agree with his rollback:

• Theres 3 new releases this week, 2 streams will finish these games alot quicker so he could get back to making KO Gaming priority*
  • Faster finishes for the games means faster edited reviews, more edited first impressions, all in all more content for KO Gaming*
  • The more diverse content (with good video tags that is) will open KO Gaming to more markets which brings views, subs, and yada yada yada....*

So thats why agree with the two streams this week, but those with keen eyes noticed I put asterisk's next to the reasons. Those asterisks are totally dependent on Phil grinding KO Gaming out no matter how long it takes to get it in gear, remaining optimistic and postive enough to keep supplying edited content, and having some business savviness  (I know he says he has a business degree but sometimes I question why he picks short term benefits 90% of the time over long term solutions)

Edited by UnoLavoz
Spelling

The problem with one stream a day is that he plays way too little. The first stream is only like, what, 3 hours of gameplay? He needs to increase that to 4-5 hours at least, if he wants to stick to one stream only. He can start off by cutting down on the pre-stream. Seriously, his pre-stream lately has dragged on way too much, he said last year that he was going to cut down the pre-stream and make it only 10-15 minutes at most, now it's back being 30+ minutes long. He also has a tendency to start the stream 10-15 minutes late. Seriously, he'll save at least 45 minutes  by actually starting on time and cutting down on the pre-stream. 

Edited by Star
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

His first streams have been 4 hours since the change as he's started them an hour earlier.

Not 4 hours of gameplay though. His stream typically goes live at 3pm, but he doesn't start the pre-stream until 10-15 minutes later, then the pre-stream last for a good 20-30 minutes. Gameplay doesn't go live until 3:30-45. He also has a 15-20 minutes break or two during the stream. So yeah, he only gets to play for 3 hours at most a day. That's really not enough if there's 3+ new releases like this week. 

17 minutes ago, Vrifter said:

Gotcha. Does that include the pre-stream? 

The official schedule is 12pm-4pm PST. That's 4 hours but sometimes the prestream won't be finished until sometime after 12pm. Plus he usually takes a 10-15 minute break at around 2pm. That means it's closer to about 3 and a half hours of actual gameplay, I think.

23 minutes ago, TraditionalGames said:

Pretty sure the reasons he's doing second streams these weeks is to get through games quicker. Keep in mind Phil had no gameplay streams two weeks ago on the weekend to double his workload on reviews.

I think people are worried because on today's pre-stream he talks about how his edited contents for KOGaming aren't performing well. 

2 hours ago, Star said:

I think people are worried because on today's pre-stream he talks about how his edited contents for KOGaming aren't performing well. 

output_VWAvRN.gif.5c024379a1b595ee44485d

Not good. Not good at all. Reminds me of the weekly montages from last year that were silently cut off.

Edited by UnoLavoz
1 hour ago, TraditionalGames said:

Pretty sure the reasons he's doing second streams these weeks is to get through games quicker. Keep in mind Phil had no gameplay streams two weeks ago on the weekend to double his workload on reviews.

He only had to do that because, while he may not have been streaming both, he was doing two gameplay sessions a day. He was doing Naruto on stream earlier then later he'd record Unravel without streaming it. 

Edited by GekkoMask
1 hour ago, GekkoMask said:

He only had to do that because, while he may not have been streaming both, he was doing two gameplay sessions a day. He was doing Naruto on stream earlier then later he'd record Unravel without streaming it. 

Again that was just to get through the games. His new schedule seems to be based on doing what needs to get done.

1 hour ago, KGhaleon said:

GekkoMask...is this GaspinGeckos?

Not that it's any of your business, but yes, I am. I made this account to PM the moderators to appeal my ban because no one was responding to me elsewhere. I was going to wait to make this thread but I don't know how long it'll take to get things sorted out and I didn't want to forget about it. If and when my original account gets it's ban lifted I'll be closing this one. Unless it gets banned first which is likely going to be the case.

2 hours ago, GekkoMask said:

Not that it's any of your business, but yes, I am. I made this account to PM the moderators to appeal my ban because no one was responding to me elsewhere. I was going to wait to make this thread but I don't know how long it'll take to get things sorted out and I didn't want to forget about it. If and when my original account gets it's ban lifted I'll be closing this one. Unless it gets banned first which is likely going to be the case.

What the hell did you get banned for? All the statements I saw you make were middle of the road. Anyways, the only thing man is if you announce you made a second account from a banned account is a violation for these forums. I hope you get your ban lifted.

I kind of agree here. 
He made another channel and cut back to one stream per day so he can have time to create edited content but now has gone back to 2 streams a day so he doesn't have time to make edited content.
I get that he's doing it so he can get all the new releases out of the way ASAP (views and hype and whatnot) but it does kind of throw a wrench into the works when trying to build up a brand new channel.
But so long as he doesn't stay at 2 streams and once these games are done he can then take the time to create more content on KOG it should be fine.

6 hours ago, Nation said:

I kind of agree here. 
He made another channel and cut back to one stream per day so he can have time to create edited content but now has gone back to 2 streams a day so he doesn't have time to make edited content.
I get that he's doing it so he can get all the new releases out of the way ASAP (views and hype and whatnot) but it does kind of throw a wrench into the works when trying to build up a brand new channel.
But so long as he doesn't stay at 2 streams and once these games are done he can then take the time to create more content on KOG it should be fine.

I do admit I see a patern here. The last first impressions was Undertale.

This was already previously explained fully, but here goes, AGAIN:

-2nd streams are not a regular thing; standard schedule would be 1 stream a day paired with me working on a vlog or edited video

-2nd streams WILL happen during heavy release weeks with games I want to play at release. Especially if they seem like they can retain viewership

-During weeks with games that probably won't retain stream viewers, I may still opt to play a 2nd session of gameplay but not stream it (which is how I played Unravel)

SO in regards to this week:

There were THREE new releases. Kind of impossible to cover them all fully AND review them unless I'm playing a LOT early on. Tuesday through Thursday were all "double stream" days but starting Friday, it goes back to normal: one stream, 2nd half of the day working on a vlog or edited video. Friday is Hits of the Week, Saturday DSP Tries It, Sunday the Week in Preview, Monday EITHER a mini-review of TWD Michonne or full review of Plants vs Zombies, Tuesday whatever I didn't get to on Monday, Wednesday HOPEFULLY the review of Far Cry....etc.

Not rocket science, as I never said I was 100% ALWAYS going to only be doing one gameplay session a day. That will be straight-up impossible with some of the heavy release weeks coming up. I like the schedule this way, as it gives me far more flexibility to adapt but still get stuff done other than the raw gameplay on DSPGaming.

Seriously confused about the comments in this thread, which are borderline ridiculous. IN THE PAST TWO WEEKS, here's what I've put out:

-3 straight episodes of DSP Tries It, my Deadpool movie reactions, a reactions video to the Batman vs Superman trailer, my WWE FastLane reactions, an explanation/apology video regarding the situation with AlphaOmegaSin, PLUS the Week In Preview every week on THEKINGOFHATEVLOGS.

-A mini-review of Yakuza 5, FOUR full-fledged Hateful Truth reviews, and a "Best Week One Finishes" montage in Street Fighter V on KOGaming.

-FULL playthroughs/coverage of Naruto, Unravel, Firewatch, SFV and now Far Cry Primal/Plants vs Zombies/TWD Michonne on DSPGaming.

This is an INSANE AMOUNT OF CONTENT for one man to be putting on the internet. "Whatever happened to 1st impressions?" I did FULL REVIEWS, that's what! 1st impressions are for LONG drawn-out games or AAA games with LOTS of hype (think Fallout or Dark Souls III), or older games I won't be reviewing (such as Resident Evil 0 Remastered or Undertale, BOTH of which I did 1st impressions for). 

If you're looking for me to put out even MORE content than the above in 2 weeks' time, you're simply out of your mind, lol. Please try to be more reasonable, and for god sakes, STOP being so dramatic. Nothing is going away, nothing is a failure, and nothing whatsoever has changed from the original plan. You're all FAR too eager to jump onto a "the ship is sinking" mentality, and it doesn't help anything. The answers are there, you just have to open your eyes.

• Upvote 2

Not to be "That guy" but how much effort does it take to make a DSP Tries It or the reaction videos?
I'm not trying to sell you short or anything but you eat/drink a thing and record it. Or you watch a thing, then talk about it. You could probably crank out like 70 DSP Tries It a week. (You shouldn't and i would never suggest it. But you can)

The playthroughs, reviews, hateful truths, WIP, mini-reviews and montages i can imagine take a fair bit of time though. Especially montages since first you have to play the game and then rewatch it all to get the bits you need and then edit and what not.

Edit: Coming back to this later, this sounds a lot more sarcastic than i had intended.....

Edited by Nation