The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 59 - TBD April 2016

Please post up your questions for the next episode of Ask the King here!

It will take place in April of 2016 but the date is currently to be determined. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Hey Phil

With TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan coming out from PlatinumGames and you being a fan of classic cartoons and with them doing the Transformers gen 1 so well with Devastation. What other classic cartoons you grew up with would you like PlatinumGames to do next in the same vain?

Edited by I_Will_Break_You
  • Upvote 1

Hey, Phil. I'm thinking of doing a cartoon after high school. Just wanted ro say that. My reason for coming here because somebody told me bridge to terabithia book was banned in schools thinking it'll confuse kids, and it disrespect adults, which is not the case. Then I saw the movie and thought some of it was pulled back and fourth a little much. I don't get why kid books that have darksides, swearing, and stuff that mostly 90's or 80's kids would do are being changed. I get that a child can only hold so much, but isn't there a saying that if you show scary stuff to a kid, you need to have a happy end? I still don't get why pg films can't swear either. Can you put some lights on this? 

Edited by LittleDime
  • Upvote 1

Following since 08, my question is: During the slow gaming periods will you still continue Crash Bandicoot games, and if so will CTR be one of those games?

• Upvote 1

I think it's been enough time since you've left Twitch to evaluate the results.

1. You don't have to give exact numbers, but monetarily, how does the income you've been earning from Machinima through Youtube Live Streaming compare to the income you used to earn when streaming on Twitch? And with Twitch, that includes the monthly Subscription money.

2. Would you ever consider returning to Twitch? If, say, you managed to get the funds for a new streaming computer and learned how to Stream and Record at different bitrates, since that was one of the main reasons you decided to leave Twitch?

Edited by xtreemmasheen3k2
  • Upvote 2

Have you ever been teased for having unpopular hobbies or interests? As a fan of anime, hawaiian pizza, and rap music I grew up with thick skin since I was constantly surrounded by people who either didn't understand what I was into or outright mocked me for it. As a fan of pro wrestling I imagine you might have had to deal with similar issues, like pretentious dicks that love to shout that wrestling is scripted as if its some huge revelation. People forget that even video games themselves were seen as an uncool "nerd" hobby for kids up until geek culture got popular with stuff like Big Bang Theory, but I digress.

Have you  ever dealt with this yourself and do you have any advice for people going through similar struggles? I think right now there are people that are big fans of your content but afraid to show it because the negative reputation you have online and any advice would be helpful.

• Upvote 1

Hi, DSP

Two questions to ask:

1. I've been laid off recently so I wanted to hear how you felt when you had the same happen to you. If you don't want to answer this, I can appreciate that.

2. What's been your favourite piece of DLC in a videogame? Multiple examples would be fine with me.

• Upvote 1

hey phil

i recently lost my best friend my dog named merlin, he was best friend growing up and he died recently and it has been hard on me lately.Merlin was having seizures and he had a seizure and he never woke up, A number of times in the past you mentioned that you had a rabbit as your pet and you said that he had a died a number of years ago. my question is how did you cope with the loss and how to you stop grieving. 

• Upvote 2

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Hey Phil, I want to talk to about something that involves the world of the internet. In particularly, the term: Childhood ruined. First off, I don't like the term. I understand if a person grew up with ninja turtles would be disgusted by a drawing of the ninja turtles gang banging April O Neil and the person would say: that drawing ruins the ninja turtles for me. I get that. But if a person would say something like: I watched the trailer of the new Ghostbusters movie, it ruined my childhood. The part I don't get. This term seems to be use on things like remakes, reboots, adaptations, or parodies on certain things that people enjoy in their youth or sexualize art of cartoon characters known as Rule 34. While I have nothing against people who make rule 34 art, these people get a lot of hate on the internet. But the people who attack them don't really have to do that because nobody is forcing you to look at rule 34 art and if your disgusted by it, then stay away from that stuff and don't let it destroy the cartoon you grew up with. However, I feel like the term is use so much on the internet that it's staring to get annoying. The last time I heard this term being used is when the 2014 TMNT film was coming out, people made a huge fuss about how it's ruining their childhood. Funny enough, Doug Walker said that if you let a little thing like that ruined your childhood, you had no childhood. So with all that said, What you thoughts on the term: Childhood ruined?

Edited by gunnerman1400

The new Monster Hunter Generations (3DS) is set to release in summer this year 2016, and Pokemon Sun/Moon (3DS) are set to release around the holidays 2016, will you play them?

Edited by Remilia

Hey Phil I know you play GTA games which I think is good for you so I was wondering in the downtime you might want to play the Simpsons hit and run it play like GTA just let you know ok.

Hey Dr. Phil. Could you name me some of your favorite mystery theme shows you watched growing up? I ask because my favorite series gravity falls ended, and I always wondered have you ever watch these types of shows where something odd's going on? Kind of like twin peaks.

And would you think a halo and mass effect crossover would be cool?

M.V.   

• Upvote 1

Do you have any plans to play Day of the Tentacle Remastered? I really enjoyed your playthrough of Grim Fandango Remastered last year so I think seeing you do Day of the Tentacle would be great.

• Upvote 1

We both know this would never happen, but do you personally think Chris Benoit deserves to be in the WWE Hall of Fame? From a purely professional standpoint I think his legacy inside the industry was incredible but what he did in the last few days of his life outside of the ring was so horrific that I can't blame anybody for being unable (or unwilling) to separate the pro wrestler from the murderer.

I know some people bring up tbe fact that O.J. Simpson is in the NFL Hall of Fame but he was inducted long before the murder trial and even then he was legally declared innocent. 

Hey Phil,

What are your thoughts on the controversy surrounding leafyishere in which h3h3 Productions called him out for attacking an autistic YouTuber?  Recently, after leafy and his fans were attacked for the video, leafy posted an apology video.  Do you think he should have done that?

MoA

MASSIVE fan of dsp since 2012 and i've loved all of your series, favourite probably being dsp tries it but i wanted to ask you something personal, are you feeling your oats phil? i hope you answer this, it'd mean a lot to me.

Love, Cashy.

Hey Phil

I would like to hear your take on the closing of Lionhead Studios and Sony stepping in and giving those who were affected jobs. Do you see maybe the Fable franchise or future Fable titles coming to the PS4?

Hey Phil

I was watching your stream, when really for the first time I noticed you had over 600 people watching it. Now this isn't unusal, and for the internet it isn't gigantic. Yet even so 600 people is not exactly a small amount if you stuck them all in a room. So I'm curious how often or if at all you look at your stream count, or the views on a video and go, and think wow I have so and so amount of people watching me.

Hey Phil,
have you ever had a feeling of total emptiness? The realization that everything you (and everyone else) are doing is destined to be forgotten and destroyed by time? A feeling of pure void, like a black hole opening up behind you, ready to swallow you?
I've been following you for years, and I know you're a person with big thick skin, that just flips the middle finger at failure, who is ready to stand up again and again even after falling a million times. So, if you've felt this "nothingness" at least once, how did you fight back?

If you had to convince a new viewer to watch you, just based off of one playthrough you've done, which one would you tell them to watch? Genre doesn't matter.