The King of Hate Forums
Acentlon

Has DSP ever disappointed you?

Hi everyone,

Decided to make an account to discuss certain things that have made me disappointed with Phil. I made this thread to be as broad as Phil's content is and hopefully he and the staff may could learn from what the community might consider his downfalls. 

What triggered this account and thread was the very recent argument between Phil and Floe, Floe is such a nice guy and if Phil had any discrepancies with him he should of hashed it out with him instead of just blowing it out on his chat. Phil should know he has a 24hr microscope on him at all times and he shouldn't bring more hate and drama to his universe, especially when in this situation it's him namedropping a diss when just 2 weeks ago I was on his side with the random AlphaOmegaSin namedrop diss. Just disappointed me a little he would go to that level so soon after it was done to him...:unsure:

Anyone else have something you were disappointed with him with?

Edited by Acentlon

Floe is perhaps the nicest person in the FGC I can't see why anyone would ever hate him. He always trys and interact with his chat when he can and he's really chill.

11 minutes ago, PISSBLAST said:

How did this argument start? 

Someone was commenting on Floes streetfighter play in the streamchat then Phil responds to the discussion with randomly talking about Floe is a "rich boy" and a "spoiledbrat"....so of course the trolls get a hold of it and tweet Floe and Phil completely backpedals and blames the trolls for the comment, Floe says he was always nice to DSP irl and Phil comes back and man's up to his statements and said everything he typed was truth....

I don't know..real random..real uncalled for...really disappointing.

Well offtopic but in the title of this section it says has DSP ever disappointed u. It would be him saying he would stop doing second streams to work on edited montage content. It lasted for about a month and now back to doing second streams and basically just Reviews of games. No more montages of like best of the week. I said in December about this issue to DSP and he said he will keep working at it. And it didnt last a month. I mean I am all gun ho with the new channel but please keep promises and not break them for low views. Seeing how there is only like less than 6K subs on it. It would be smart to advertise that videos that is up on both of the other channels like DSPGaming and vlogs to get traffic to that channel to see your reviews. Because I dont think everyone has a twitter and just uses youtube. 

Well sure.

Cancelling Project 7 and leaving Twitch are big ones.

As far as the drama, trolls are always going to be watching him so it's in his best interests not to name drop people otherwise they are just going to try and get him in trouble. It's what they do, they always look for ways to start new drama. It's just childish bullshit, like tattling.

Edit: Ok, just looked. Of course it was EvilAJ, basically the SOK again. Christ.

Edited by KGhaleon
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AlucardViDracul said:

Well offtopic but in the title of this section it says has DSP ever disappointed u. It would be him saying he would stop doing second streams to work on edited montage content. It lasted for about a month and now back to doing second streams and basically just Reviews of games. No more montages of like best of the week. I said in December about this issue to DSP and he said he will keep working at it. And it didnt last a month. I mean I am all gun ho with the new channel but please keep promises and not break them for low views. Seeing how there is only like less than 6K subs on it. It would be smart to advertise that videos that is up on both of the other channels like DSPGaming and vlogs to get traffic to that channel to see your reviews. Because I dont think everyone has a twitter and just uses youtube. 

Totally agree. I understand the the content on KOGAMING isn't picking up much steam but that's part of the whole grind to get out of this pickle he's in.

He has the content, he just needs the editing and willpower to push forward.

33 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Well sure.

Cancelling Project 7 and leaving Twitch are big ones.

As far as the drama, trolls are always going to be watching him so it's in his best interests not to name drop people otherwise they are just going to try and get him in trouble. It's what they do, they always look for ways to start new drama. It's just childish bullshit, like tattling.

Edit: Ok, just looked. Of course it was EvilAJ, basically the SOK again. Christ.

Yeah leaving Twitch was a bit....unnessecary (wasn't it for bit rate quality or something?) But yeah whatever the cost, even if Phil could only stream at 720p, it would be well worth the drop in video quality to gain so much more. Plus didnt he have like 200 $5.00 subs at a point? $1,000 loss  per month just for a light jump in quality and a lacking chat? Well not my decision but I wouldnt of done it.

Yeah Twitter was going to pick it up, I agree he needs to refrain from namedropping. It's just more unwanted nonesense.

Edited by Acentlon
  • Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, Acentlon said:

Yeah leaving Twitch was a bit....unnessecary (wasn't it for bit rate quality or something?) But yeah whatever the cost, even if Phil could only stream at 720p, it would be well worth the drop in video quality to gain so much more. Plus didnt he have like 200 $5.00 subs at a point? $1,000 loss  per month just for a light jump in quality and a lacking chat? Well not my decision but I wouldnt of done it.

Yeah Twitter was going to pick it up, I agree he needs to refrain from namedropping. It's just more unwanted nonesense.

Actually Twitch takes half of that money. Regardless, he got huge attendance compared to the 200-300 viewers he gets on youtube. Some of his popular playthroughs would've easily gotten 1K+ viewers on twitch, which would also mean more people would know about his Patreon and soap business. Lot of potential down the drain for higher streaming quality that most people don't even use yet and we got an outdated irc chat.

But hey, it's in the past and nobody makes perfect choices.

Edited by KGhaleon
  • Upvote 6

Leaving Twitch and Project 7. I dont watch streams on youtube so i usually watch the videos after they go live on his channel. He is the only one i follow who streams on youtube at all i don't really see the upside. Leaving twitch just made his viewer base smaller and stagnated. It really made no sense to me why you would leave for stream quality alone. People don't care about that type of thing if they did no one would use twitch its one of the worst in that area. 

Edited by cooper
  • Upvote 5

Honestly streaming on youtube is better just because there isn't a limit on the bitrate and the money he made from the ads on Twitch were a pittance. Sometimes youtube glitches and shows how many views a stream got, One of his streams had over 700k viewers total so streaming on youtube is totally worth it.

Of course only popular games get that many views so it won't happen every week.

Well I don't like how he often takes the bait on twitter and constantly reply to the trolls. He should interact with his actual fans more

Other than that, I don't have any problem. Always liked his content. Well the P.Ts that I watch anyway.

• Upvote 4

I have heard some people say that Phil has disappointed in the past. Personally I have not seen him disappoint yet.  He have stuck to the schedules and kept what he promised since I have arrived. 

Only thing I can think of Is that he chickened out of that AOS Fight request.  That would have been epic.  

Yup, he sure has. Anyone remembers #DSPositive and how he said he was never going to be negative again? Yeah... He made such a big deal out of it and it lasted maybe a few weeks. Even now he still does this from time to time on how he is going to ignore the drama, but then starts arguing with trolls again a few days later... 

1 hour ago, BrightSideViking said:

Only thing I can think of Is that he chickened out of that AOS Fight request.  That would have been epic.  

What would he do? They live on opposite sides of the country...I think AOS is on the east coast.

Kinda disappointed that Phil only ever frequents these forums to respond to select topics from General. Not a big deal though.

Edited by KGhaleon
  • Upvote 1

I don't like how fans are sometimes treated worse than the trolls who are just spreading hate here. As fans of DSP we are promoting him and spreading the word. This is not a bad thing but for some reason we are attacked and not allowed to defend ourselves.

• Upvote 1

Real talk my biggest disappointment with Phil is the fact he always wants to change himself but he ends up back where he started. Always feeding the trolls, spamming too many videos in my sub box, and little to no editing. 

I really loved the idea of KO Gaming being his edited channel with montage videos but he barely does that at all now and I feel like he's gonna end up back at SQ 1 again.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, hardcoreparkour said:

I don't like how fans are sometimes treated worse than the trolls who are just spreading hate here. As fans of DSP we are promoting him and spreading the word. This is not a bad thing but for some reason we are attacked and not allowed to defend ourselves.

I think this community and even Phil himself need to realize that the people who have a slight negative connotation to full hate for Phil outnumber the people with a slight positive connotation  to a full fan of phil... 3 to 1. At least. Look at his Twitter when something dramatic happens against Phil, he doesn't gets retweets or faves....and Drama/Hate videos get triple the amount of views than anything positive on the channels. Treating everyone black or white is going to further tip the scales negatively for him.

Simply put: I agree, fans should be treated better and not like dish rags to be replaced...cause they won't be at this period in Phil's career.

Edited by Acentlon
  • Upvote 2

Is the drop in stream quality even that noticeable? I've seen plenty of streams on twitch and don't see any issue with the picture quality or anything.

2 hours ago, hardcoreparkour said:

Well some die-hard fans act worse than trolls so there is that. 

Honestly, i couldnt use the word "dissapointed" in regards to phils behaviour.

Phil FOR ME is just a guy that uploads content. Sometimes fun , sometimes not so fun content.

All i m saying is i dont hold phil up to scrutiny as i wouldnt hold the supermarket cashier handing me a discount coupon. 

Phil provides FREE entertainment, i dont look a gifthorse in the mouth. 

The drama is boring for me but other people love it

Shrugs

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Nation said:

Is the drop in stream quality even that noticeable? I've seen plenty of streams on twitch and don't see any issue with the picture quality or anything.

It can be noticable as twitch still uses flash which is absolute garbage and causes a laggy stream, especially on older systems. If you do 60fps the bitrate limitations of twitch will also make it look really bad if you also stream at 1080p. But still, the pros of being on twitch heavily outweighs the cons of worse video quality, when most people just don't care.

Edited by CIA
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, CIA said:

It can be noticable as twitch still uses flash which is absolute garbage and causes a laggy stream, especially on older systems. If you do 60fps the bitrate limitations of twitch will also make it look really bad if you also stream at 1080p. But still, the pros of being on twitch heavily outweighs the cons of worse video quality, when most people just don't care.

Ah, there lies my issue.

I physically cannot see the difference between 720p and 1080p or 30fps and 60fps. So i'm like the 1 person streaming quality doesn't affect xD

3 hours ago, 13hr said:

Honestly, i couldnt use the word "dissapointed" in regards to phils behaviour.

Phil FOR ME is just a guy that uploads content. Sometimes fun , sometimes not so fun content.

All i m saying is i dont hold phil up to scrutiny as i wouldnt hold the supermarket cashier handing me a discount coupon. 

Phil provides FREE entertainment, i dont look a gifthorse in the mouth. 

The drama is boring for me but other people love it

Shrugs

I see what you mean. You are one of the few people that seperate Phil Burnell the person from Darksydephil the content creator, that's exceptionally hard to do when commentary involves a creator to express their real life personality.

I'm going to use your grocery anology but with a bagger. For me if I like a certain bagger to bag my groceries, I would be disappointed if I keep asking him to bag my groceries a certain way/says hes going to improve on his bagging skills and not only he doesn't, but starts talking shit about other baggers. Your totally content on that as long as your groceries are bagged...I am not. 

In real life that trait to seperate people's actions/personality from their work can be a great thing or be really, really dangerous.

Edited by Acentlon

10 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

What would he do? They live on opposite sides of the country...I think AOS is on the east coast.

I was thinking they would fight in street fighter, not an actual street fight. 

Still thinking of it, don't they do like celebrity boxing matches? 

56 minutes ago, Acentlon said:

I see what you mean. You are one of the few people that seperate Phil Burnell the person from Darksydephil the content creator, that's exceptionally hard to do when commentary involves a creator to express their real life personality.

Wow! Is DarksydePhil an act??? I was sure he was only being himself. 

Honestly, phil is just a guy on youtube uploading vids. He is not my relative, my coworker, my neibour, he doesnt even live in the same country as i do. 

Why would i be invested in him? To be dissapointed, you first need to be emotionally invested. Ofcourse, if you are a patron, if you gave phil money, i d understand it. But i m not.

Dont like the bagger? Visit another supermarket and never look back. I wouldnt even bother thinking about it twice.

• Upvote 1