The King of Hate Forums

Has DSP ever disappointed you?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With Twitch I feel like you sacrificed exposure for higher quality streams on youtube, which may not even be warranted if people don't watch the streams at that quality. I don't know about everyone el

Yeah that was his prior PC. If I recall the case was cracked but there was also an issue he had with the RAM. I agree that it's disappointing how he disregards PC games that aren't AAA titles. To

Actually Twitch takes half of that money. Regardless, he got huge attendance compared to the 200-300 viewers he gets on youtube. Some of his popular playthroughs would've easily gotten 1K+ viewers on

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Nation said:

^That's what i've heard. Pretty sure Phil even confirmed this.

Also, just my honest opinion here, if you're not interacting any anyone what's the point in streaming? You may as well prerecord it offline.

It's still not what happened. They didn't shut down his channel. Phil did that himself.

Cleaned up the thread. Appropriate parties now permanently banned. Think I accidentally deleted 1 post from the above discussion thread, sorry for that.

But yeah, JustAHuman/ThatUniqueGuy/Whatever he calls himself today is gone. Not only is he constantly associating with known detractors, today he was modded in stream chat (not by me, but he'd been a trustworthy mod in the past) and started kicking/banning random regulars for no reason. Had nothing whatsoever to do with IPs, he just got a kick out of it because he recognized the names and thought it was funny.

This guy has publicly admitted to being mentally ill and constantly flip-flopping between supporter and detractor. I don't have time for this bullshit, and we shouldn't all have to suffer/be affected by his disorder. And that goes for anyone else who decides to lose their fucking mind, be a thorn in everyone's side for months, then apologize here, then start it all over again (which as happened with 2-3 others in just the last few weeks). We're all here to have fun, not deal with your personal issues and bullshit. So stay the fuck out until they're sorted.

OKAY! Thread now back on track, although it seems to continually be derailed by nonsense. Next time it's getting closed for good.

• Upvote 2
44 minutes ago, Phil said:

Cleaned up the thread. Appropriate parties now permanently banned. Think I accidentally deleted 1 post from the above discussion thread, sorry for that.

But yeah, JustAHuman/ThatUniqueGuy/Whatever he calls himself today is gone. Not only is he constantly associating with known detractors, today he was modded in stream chat (not by me, but he'd been a trustworthy mod in the past) and started kicking/banning random regulars for no reason. Had nothing whatsoever to do with IPs, he just got a kick out of it because he recognized the names and thought it was funny.

This guy has publicly admitted to being mentally ill and constantly flip-flopping between supporter and detractor. I don't have time for this bullshit, and we shouldn't all have to suffer/be affected by his disorder. And that goes for anyone else who decides to lose their fucking mind, be a thorn in everyone's side for months, then apologize here, then start it all over again (which as happened with 2-3 others in just the last few weeks). We're all here to have fun, not deal with your personal issues and bullshit. So stay the fuck out until they're sorted.

OKAY! Thread now back on track, although it seems to continually be derailed by nonsense. Next time it's getting closed for good.

Are you freaking serious? Christ, this is the last time I trust any of these guys who claim to have "reformed" their ways.

Reminds me of the time Jewbaccca remodded himself with a bot and started banning people in twitch chat as revenge, these people are mental if they spend obsessing over this kind of nonsense. I'm willing to bet none of the people from that "detractor" side will criticize or call out BS by their own friends.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, onorub said:

I'd say the year of 2015 overall has gotta be his most disappointing. Phil's planning for it made it seem like it was gonna his best year ever and it turned out to be decent at best.

To be fair, I think it was in part to a lot of games being disappointments. On paper, the gaming year looked GREAT but when some of these titles actually released, they ended up being underwhelming.

But yeah, the combination of false copyright strikes leading to financial hardship really did hold me back. If I could have utilized the green screen more, actually afforded a new camera etc. things would have gone far better by year-end IMO.

However, this year actually giving myself time to work on vlogging/edited stuff instead of just expecting to get it done and not scheduling it (like I did in 2015) seems to be paying dividends in 2016.

• Upvote 2
7 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

I'm willing to bet none of the people from that "detractor" side will criticize or call out BS by their own friends.

See now this i don't get. 

One day people here are saying "Ha they're tearing each other apart, they all hate each other"

Then the next there's comments like this saying that they wont call each other out on shit. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2016 at 6:16 AM, TraditionalGames said:

Huge thing that diappointed me was the Tim Schafer rant. The entire thing was a slanderous, ad hominem attack over a game he didn't like. And that licking pussy was completely unacceptable.

i kinda agree with you

Was a little curious of what happened with John Rambo and came upon a detractor video. Though I was able to clarify it as one, I was genuinely curious with what happened and realized that the entire video was actually just John Rambo and Howard talking about Phil. 

After watching the video, I would say this is the most disappointed I've ever been of Phil. Shame on you dude. Though I suppose you're quite shameless after watching a video such as this. 

24 minutes ago, FlashC7 said:

Was a little curious of what happened with John Rambo and came upon a detractor video. Though I was able to clarify it as one, I was genuinely curious with what happened and realized that the entire video was actually just John Rambo and Howard talking about Phil. 

After watching the video, I would say this is the most disappointed I've ever been of Phil. Shame on you dude. Though I suppose you're quite shameless after watching a video such as this. 

Most of the stuff they talk about was behind closed doors and private. Nobody knows which side is telling the truth, so I prefer to remain neutral.

1 hour ago, FlashC7 said:

Let's stop beating up dead horses, shall we?

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, hardcoreparkour said:

Agreed. And like Phil said, it has NOTHING to do with anyone except those three, ppl should keep out of it.

While i agree with you, Phil is in the public domain, a mini celebrity if you like, so people are interested in this.

Considering Phil read out private texts between him and John in a video, i hardly see how John and that other guys talking about shit in a podcast is over the line and no one's business.

Either neither is ok or all of it is.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Nation said:

Considering Phil read out private texts between him and John in a video, i hardly see how John and that other guys talking about shit in a podcast is over the line and no one's business.

Either neither is ok or all of it is.

Nothing in that email justifies picking sides when we know nothing about the situation except what Phil and John have said. If you want to blindly follow a side then go ahead, but I'm not going to put my opinion out there when I don't know the actual story.

4 minutes ago, AshishAshLamps007 said:

Drama seekers, stop bringing up this Rambo and Howard crap. We've all been over this. It'll just get this thread closed.

Agreed, it's old and dead.

Edited by KGhaleon
  • Upvote 1
Just now, KGhaleon said:

Nothing in that email justifies picking sides when we know nothing about the situation except what Phil and John have said. If you want to blindly follow a side then go ahead, but I'm not going to put my opinion out there when I don't know the actual story.

I'm not talking about blindly picking sides, but i find it weird that it's apparently ok for Phil to read out text without issue but if John does it then he's apparently scum.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Nation said:

I'm not talking about blindly picking sides, but i find it weird that it's apparently ok for Phil to read out text without issue but if John does it then he's apparently scum.

I find it weird that everyone ignores how Phil read out the messages to explain the viewers that John might have been disappointed on the lack of popularity of his Justice Lease series, then proceeded to ask viewers to check his channel out while calling him one of the best independent creators he has ever seen. Phil's a shitty friend indeed.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, KGhaleon said:

It must be nice for you to be able to "stay neutral with no opinion" in situations where Phil looks universally bad, but be super non-neutral when it comes to speculation about anti-dsp people. Maybe John Howard aren't 100% in the right and innocent, but it doesn't take much to realize from that video that DSP probably acted a bit shitty towards them. Why is that so hard for you to admit?

• Upvote 4
  • Phil locked this topic