The King of Hate Forums

Phil please read: Protection from DDoS Attacks

if Phil wants personal protection then look at VPN it may cost. https://openvpn.net/  http://www.vpngate.net/en/
If your looking for website protection best bet is CloudFlare.

​Both those options are bad. VPN is useless when you have to do anything from behind that requires bandwidth and cloudflare is pretty shitty, cloudflare is the worst option for ddos protecting a site. The proper website ddos protection is a properly configured firewall/webserver.

Simply hiding your IP isn't a possibility unless you write your own script and really know what you're doing. Even then, people who write their own scripting processes to get IP's can get them. The more knowledge you have, the better you can protect your IP. 

DDoS protection is another thing, but this website solution is easy to bypass. 

No clue really so I couldn't answer. 

​If you have no clue, then why say the solution isn't good enough..?

​Well there could be twitter, facebook, and other multimedia sites he uses. You'd be surprised what people can extract those from.

​Twitter? No. Facebook? No. "Other multimedia"..? Like what? If he's using some P2P apps, then no. And nothing should be "surprising" about what people can "extract" from websites, everything these days is pretty obvious.

Talked to a friend about getting peoples IP even if you use a vpn if the person knows what hes doing. like my friend knows how to get around a VPN it would take 2 more extra mins to get around so using a VPN only helps against beginners who dont know how to go around it. Well thats my two cents on it if u want I can ask my friend more about the issue on how to protect your IP cause a VPN isnt going to do much against him just going to take longer to get to u

Lelouch26: Your friend is lying and probably has no idea what he's talking about. You can't "get around" a VPN, you'd have to either get malicious code onto the target's computer or trick him into logging into or accessing something without his VPN activated.

Lelouch26: Your friend is lying and probably has no idea what he's talking about. You can't "get around" a VPN, you'd have to either get malicious code onto the target's computer or trick him into logging into or accessing something without his VPN activated.

​I'll have to agree with you on this one.

My friend is a hacker mind u ranked 32 on darknet

lel1.thumb.gif.e965b6cef5dca63d479883a7e

​Maybe Onyx should be the one responding then, and not you, then?​

​What is it that you're arguing here? I'm just saying that the blog title is bullshit. Its worded wrongly, what that blog post tells you is how to hide your IP. And there is no real protection from a ddos, you can mitigate the effects of it, but there is no ddos protection. If that blog post was called "how to hide your IP" I would've been perfectly fine with it.