The King of Hate Forums
SirDiesAlot

Video Idea...talking about Phil

Alright so you might have read the title & thought "oh great a hater wants to shit talk phil" well this time around im actually going to need everyone's help. I would like to have a list of reasons why Phil should talk to the SoK & show how he can get a Win-Win out of this no matter what unless otherwise...Now i know this might be tough topic for phil & mods but mostly Phil but i really want to show Phil that talking to his detractors & listen to what they have to say verbally not text or through internet that it can help you in the long run. Many of times they have experienced how you could change & maybe just maybe bring them back as a viewer/maybe fan...but it's all on you Phil. So i ask everyone including the SoK on here to please list at least 5 reasons per person unless you have more to show Phil why it can be a good thing. It's a topic everyone talks about all the time & i think this year 2015 is the year to change everything. 

Thanks & hope this thread stays open for awhile

Regards,

SirDiesAlot

• Upvote 2

5 reasons why he should talk to the sok?

hm cant even think of 1 to be honest.

there is no reason for him to talk to them, he has nothing to win from it and nothing will be solved.

he has only to lose. its not like the viewers he lost are gonna come back if he has a heart to heart with sok online.

the viewers didnt leave because of those sok guys. the viewers left (primarily) because they found someone else to provide them with what they want. i could go into detail but i really shouldnt.

sorry for slightly derailing the subject.

1. It can benefit Phil's channel and show people he's willing to change.
  2. He would be able to see both perspectives from his fans and the detractors.
  3. Be more open minded in terms of criticism. 
  4. Improve his channel content and bring more high quality videos.
  5. Get rid of the negative stigma he has and have people see a new Phil who's willing to start over.
  • Upvote 5

I'm not really sure if that's the only reason. I think some people are leaving because of Phil's questionable "humor" he chooses to say on video which are kinda risky to do. Yea i understand it should be taken as a joke but there's a fine line that has to be drawn whether to say it or not especially if people will interpret it the wrong way. As a commentator or even a comedian you have to weigh whether it should be said. 

Other things which should be mentioned is the fact that Phil reactions to criticisms isn't welcoming for viewers. For example anyone who simply has a different view point even if that person is doing so in a "honest, non-hater way" Phil tends to call them names or simply blocks them on twitter. I'm one of those unlucky people who was blocked despite the fact I watch his content cause i enjoy it but i also i'm not going to ignore the fact phil does things that is incorrect in the game(playing or talking about it) or says things on youtube comments or twitter which i try to have a discussion. There's plenty of things Phil can do but it takes Initiative and he has to just try not to respond to comments that are literally inflammatory or name calling. It's tempting but sadly responding the way he has gives people the idea he's not his age which is a shame. 

The person above also made some good points too. I've also noticed when phil says stuff on video and people bring it up on twitter he responds which unfortunately does the opposite of what he wants, it's like pouring gasoline to a bonfire in the woods creating a forest fire which is out of control. I don't believe phil should ignore past stuff that has happened instead he should talk about it with viewers see people sides and then try to become better moving forward. 
Another good series phil should try is 1-2 hour skype calls with fans discussing anything which includes things like this, the more he understands viewers and how we perceive things happen it should hopefully encourage phil to become a better youtuber, person as a whole.
It may not have people sub to him again but it'll hopefully have less people talking about things. Spending less time on social media is another thing he should do, i've notice alot of negative things piling up over the 3 years of him using social media which had made things get out of control. 

I could type out a book on suggestions for phil as i'm not a hater / troll and would like to see phil continue doing this but he has to take baby steps and start it. 2015 is a new year and i think it would be a solid idea for phil to start. 

• Upvote 1

I'm not really sure if that's the only reason. I think some people are leaving because of Phil's questionable "humor" he chooses to say on video which are kinda risky to do. Yea i understand it should be taken as a joke but there's a fine line that has to be drawn whether to say it or not especially if people will interpret it the wrong way. As a commentator or even a comedian you have to weigh whether it should be said. 

Other things which should be mentioned is the fact that Phil reactions to criticisms isn't welcoming for viewers. For example anyone who simply has a different view point even if that person is doing so in a "honest, non-hater way" Phil tends to call them names or simply blocks them on twitter. I'm one of those unlucky people who was blocked despite the fact I watch his content cause i enjoy it but i also i'm not going to ignore the fact phil does things that is incorrect in the game(playing or talking about it) or says things on youtube comments or twitter which i try to have a discussion. There's plenty of things Phil can do but it takes Initiative and he has to just try not to respond to comments that are literally inflammatory or name calling. It's tempting but sadly responding the way he has gives people the idea he's not his age which is a shame. 

The person above also made some good points too. I've also noticed when phil says stuff on video and people bring it up on twitter he responds which unfortunately does the opposite of what he wants, it's like pouring gasoline to a bonfire in the woods creating a forest fire which is out of control. I don't believe phil should ignore past stuff that has happened instead he should talk about it with viewers see people sides and then try to become better moving forward. 
Another good series phil should try is 1-2 hour skype calls with fans discussing anything which includes things like this, the more he understands viewers and how we perceive things happen it should hopefully encourage phil to become a better youtuber, person as a whole.
It may not have people sub to him again but it'll hopefully have less people talking about things. Spending less time on social media is another thing he should do, i've notice alot of negative things piling up over the 3 years of him using social media which had made things get out of control. 

I could type out a book on suggestions for phil as i'm not a hater / troll and would like to see phil continue doing this but he has to take baby steps and start it. 2015 is a new year and i think it would be a solid idea for phil to start. 

​Very good points made by your post & i agree alot of what you said. The SoK isn't the only reason he's down the drain but they are a big part now...Things he say are mostly the reasons for his decline of subs/views. Him going to social media wasn't a problem until he started talking without reason & had nothing to back him up with. I still don't understand why he blocks anyone trying to give criticism, which i understand can sometimes be taken out of context but still its criticism. I have talked alot with the SoK & i know what their main objective is & that's to help/improve Phil but if Phil does something stupid, they respond in a way of their taste. I used to be a fan until i just had enough & stopped watching his content then after a year i basically became part of the "detractors" because he would not listen to anything i could suggest.

If he talks to the SoK, the least that can come out of it is he was willing to give his "detractors" a chance to express themselves in an environment other than text. I know the SoK has offered Phil plenty of chances & they still offer it to come on their Podcast & just talk. Some may say bringing up his past is stupid but if you really think about it, he has always said one thing but does the opposite such as "I'm no longer bringing up the drama because it'll give them credit" but on "Hate Live! Podcast Ep. 21: Dec. 11, 2014" he brings up the drama yet again. I think if the fans speak about things enough & also have evidence to show how he has changed. The idea of having a dedicated series on him & fans discussing things would be cool but you'll prolly only get the same people that called in on hate live to talk positive things instead of bringing some changes/suggestions he could make. We can only hope to see what happens in the future. I can't predict it unless i was Marty & went far into the future then come back to change things, actually that would be cool to do but anyways sorry for the detrack...Back to the Future brings back memories of when life was an better place.

5 reasons why he should talk to the sok?

hm cant even think of 1 to be honest.

there is no reason for him to talk to them, he has nothing to win from it and nothing will be solved.

he has only to lose. its not like the viewers he lost are gonna come back if he has a heart to heart with sok online.

the viewers didnt leave because of those sok guys. the viewers left (primarily) because they found someone else to provide them with what they want. i could go into detail but i really shouldnt.

sorry for slightly derailing the subject.

​Well i suggested at least 5 reasons but if you can bring up more then so be it. Since you think this way im sure its going to be hard to convince that there are many reasons on phil's behalf that he can get an win-win situation unless otherwise. I understand before the KWO & SoK groups formed it was because they got bored with phil or maybe the same jokes told couldn't keep interest but after KWO & SoK became apart of the community, things have changed to the point of how do you respond to phil without him flipping out & calling you names for reasons still unknown. KWO did what the SoK are doing right now, until they(KWO) changed. The SoK is a better group for phil to talk to because talking to just fans won't get anywhere. If you want to improve then you'll going to have to reach that part inside & ask for some help from....the dark side(SoK/ any detractors). I know the dark side can be very, very...Dark(Sorry i had to do it).

The SoK's main objective is to improve & help phil but if phil doesn't want that help then ok i understand but look at him now still in a drain of low views & can't get out. The SoK has thrown the rope down many times but Phil has just brushed it off. Everything the SoK says is what his fans say & what previous fans say. It's ok but for this topic i wouldn't recommend it because im trying to keep things in a straight line. I want phil to see there are many reasons why he should talk to the SoK either through this thread or the video i will eventually make if im given enough material. On the other hand, Thanks for your response.

This is offtopic but i think phil selectively choosing some games to stream and not would benefit him too. I mean he calls livestreaming a fan service however if you're doing it all the time wouldn't that be the opposite of fan service and simply "My new method of recording"? 

This is offtopic but i think phil selectively choosing some games to stream and not would benefit him too. I mean he calls livestreaming a fan service however if you're doing it all the time wouldn't that be the opposite of fan service and simply "My new method of recording"? 

​He did say it was fan service but he also said it was a test to see anyone is interested in him live streaming...well that's a very long test for being almost 2 years of live streaming on Twitch. The way he live streams isn't fan service its service for himself.

1. Phil will disprove that he runs away from criticism and critics if he actually opens a line of dialogue with the SoK

2. Phil has said himself that 140 characters is not enough to have a rational and fully fleshed out discussion.

3. Multiple people have agreed to have a discussion or debate with him on his terms, so no worries about getting verbally gangbanged or having a biased audience.

4. Despite what Mashinka21 has said, many fans have said that if Phil made a few specific changes they would eagerly watch his content again (Voodoo51292 for example)

5. In the worst case scenario, Phil proves his point that his haters are just irrational and insulting people and that they have no valid points. In the best case scenario, Phil actually opens himself to valid and constructive criticism, shows that he understands there are always improvements to be made and shows that he doesn't only have an open ear to his fans. 

• Upvote 2

1. Phil will disprove that he runs away from criticism and critics if he actually opens a line of dialogue with the SoK

2. Phil has said himself that 140 characters is not enough to have a rational and fully fleshed out discussion.

3. Multiple people have agreed to have a discussion or debate with him on his terms, so no worries about getting verbally gangbanged or having a biased audience.

4. Despite what Mashinka21 has said, many fans have said that if Phil made a few specific changes they would eagerly watch his content again (Voodoo51292 for example)

5. In the worst case scenario, Phil proves his point that his haters are just irrational and insulting people and that they have no valid points. In the best case scenario, Phil actually opens himself to valid and constructive criticism, shows that he understands there are always improvements to be made and shows that he doesn't only have an open ear to his fans. 

​I like yours & Kyoko_Kirigirl's suggestions. spread this thread around if you want, im hoping to get more before something happens. Thanks for responding & let's hope the video will convince phil to talk to the SoK in the future either on their terms or his.

• Upvote 1

After getting permission from the moderators, I present one of probably many videos regarding this topic. I hope you enjoyed it & please don't hesitate to leave your reasons on this thread & also leave some feedback on how i should approach the next video if there would be one. Thanks for Watching & Enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtYRpQqgIBc

Edited by SirDiesAlot
Tried to fix the embed, didn't work.