The King of Hate Forums
WowDude

Persona 3

Watching the playthrough now and so far it's great. I watched most of the Persona 4 playthrough a while back and was waiting for this one. I've never played a Persona game but they're interesting to watch, they almost playout like a weird anime soap opera or something.

Just one question though, did everyone vote in a hidden Patreon poll to have it played on easy? What's the thought on him playing on easy? Does it even matter with a game like this?

• Upvote 1

Just a small tip about the social links: unlike Persona 4, you have no choice except being a man-whore, because if you reject a girl's confession, it'll break her social link and bring it back to level 1.

11 minutes ago, onorub said:

Just a small tip about the social links: unlike Persona 4, you have no choice except being a man-whore, because if you reject a girl's confession, it'll break her social link and bring it back to level 1.

onorub, it's worse than level 1, the social link will no longer exist.

4 hours ago, onorub said:

4 hours ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

onorub, it's worse than level 1, the social link will no longer exist.

talk about friend zoned x5

Laughing pretty hard at that MC name XD

I have both games, though I've only ever played P3P on my Vita because it allows you to control your whole party. I'm watching the playthrough now, though I'm sure it'll get pretty boring later with all the Tartarus segments with all those bland random hallways.

I should warn you that later Elizabeth will start giving you quests. Some of the quests have a deadline and others can only be done on certain dates, if you miss those dates you can never do the quest again during that playthrough. So it's a good idea to keep track of them if you want to do them. That really annoyed me.

Edited by KGhaleon
  • Upvote 1

Wanted to add this, for Phil's own knowledge. This are basic skills for the start of any Persona or SMT game.

Agi: Fire

Bufu: Ice

Garu: Wind

Zio: Electric

Dia: Heal

Hama: Light

Mudo: Darkness

Then you've got different variants of those spells, like Garudyne(Heavy Wind magic) or Magaru(Light wind to all enemies).

If you need to know what a magic spell does, you can look it up here:

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Persona_3_Skills

If you get a Persona to a certain level(extra effort), you can get a Skill card from them which will allow you to teach that spell to any persona as a one-time consumable item.

skill.jpg

I'm watching the stream right now and should point out that every boss or miniboss floor has a teleporter, so after you beat one you should immediately go back to the main floor and save. The boss won't respawn. If you die you'll have to fight the boss all over again.

Noticed Phil proceeded into the dungeon without saving after killing those hands.

edit: lol, I was watching the stream and during one of his breaks they played a 10 minute Overwatch video from another channel.

Edited by KGhaleon

1 hour ago, KGhaleon said:

Wanted to add this, for Phil's own knowledge. This are basic skills for the start of any Persona or SMT game.

Agi: Fire

Bufu: Ice

Garu: Wind

Zio: Electric

Dia: Heal

Hama: Light

Mudo: Darkness

Then you've got different variants of those spells, like Garudyne(Heavy Wind magic) or Magaru(Light wind to all enemies).

If you need to know what a magic spell does, you can look it up here:

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Persona_3_Skills

If you get a Persona to a certain level(extra effort), you can get a Skill card from them which will allow you to teach that spell to any persona as a one-time consumable item.

skill.jpg

I'm watching the stream right now and should point out that every boss or miniboss floor has a teleporter, so after you beat one you should immediately go back to the main floor and save. The boss won't respawn. If you die you'll have to fight the boss all over again.

Noticed Phil proceeded into the dungeon without saving after killing those hands.

edit: lol, I was watching the stream and during one of his breaks they played a 10 minute Overwatch video from another channel.

Uh, there are no skill cards in P3 FES. You must be talking about P3P.

25 minutes ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

Uh, there are no skill cards in P3 FES. You must be talking about P3P.

Oh possibly, I'm playing the P3P version.

Maybe Phil should do an impression video comparing P3 and P4.

Edited by KGhaleon

On 3/27/2016 at 8:46 PM, Darksphere92 said:

anyone else think P3P should be ported to Android?

I don't see why it would be, though I suppose it would be the first persona game on mobile.

So is Phil done with P3 now or is he going to be doing a full LP of this game? He's only 10% through the game so I doubt he'll beat it anytime soon.

6 minutes ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

He's gonna play the game again on Monday then it'll be on break for a while in order to deal with April's game releases.

I see, haven't had a chance to catch up on the recent uploads. Was still curious if he'll be going back to the game in the future and playing it until completion...which is going to take a very long time. :p

Edited by KGhaleon

On 3/25/2016 at 4:47 PM, WowDude said:

Watching the playthrough now and so far it's great. I watched most of the Persona 4 playthrough a while back and was waiting for this one. I've never played a Persona game but they're interesting to watch, they almost playout like a weird anime soap opera or something.

Just one question though, did everyone vote in a hidden Patreon poll to have it played on easy? What's the thought on him playing on easy? Does it even matter with a game like this?

Easy mode matters greatly in SMT games. On higher difficulties every boss battle is an endeavor and grinding is necessary, which means you're spending more days in the dungeons and not building up social links.

20 hours ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

Man, the RNG gods were blessing Phil tonight, a lot of good things happening overall and somehow never got tired from studying.

I need to catch up with the playthrough, sounds like he got to the point where Fuuka joins. I'd be interested to see his reaction to that ONE party member you get later...the one before the last. Yeah...

20 hours ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

Man, the RNG gods were blessing Phil tonight, a lot of good things happening overall and somehow never got tired from studying.

do you think, i should git gud and retry and playthrough this game this year?

So there's a couple of thing that have changed at this point. Now that Fuuka has joined the group, you can actually change the music that plays while in the dungeon. Just press square while inside, then request BGM. Try them out for some variety. Next, with the card shuffle, a new thing happens as you've seen, which the cards go up offscreen then back down. It actually isn't randomly placed. What happens is that the order the cards go up determine where they land. It's harder to see when they move fast, but if you can catch when the card you want goes up, it actually can be easier sometimes than it just shuffling around.

Also, the RNG gods really felt like dicking around tonight xD

• Upvote 1

It's apparent that the arcade can greatly increase your main characters stats, but all the rest where they increase Persona stats seem rather pointless and a waste of a night. Especially early on where you're fusing stuff off quickly.

Well, just finished tonight's videos, and Phil, you got really lucky that the first boss didn't kill you with that second Swift Strike since it only hit once instead of twice. That's why you always want to remove status ailments from yourself first or else you could get killed in one turn like I did once to a later boss xD

Also, you're doing great with academics so far. You're right where you need to be for the final exams. Same with charm, as its max level will come into affect soon. Just keep doing what you're doing with the stats and they should max out in no time. And don't worry about academics going up slow, since it doesn't matter much until the last couple months of the game.

As for social links, you're still doing good with those. You've been making the right choices more often than in Persona 4 which is helping them increase quickly. And since you're getting close to maxing out Maya's social link, you're gonna need a new social link to replace it. But first you're gonna need to get a new social link up first, which involves the girl at the shrine. Just buy every possible drink from the vending machines out in the hub world (I believe there's a total of 9 drinks, 3 in the dorms, 3 at Iwatodai, and 3 at Port Island) and she'll take one of those drinks. Other than that, just be careful that you don't ignore any s. links you already started, since bad things could happen if you ignore them for too long.

Here are some tips ( overall Phil has been doing good in all aspects except tartrus ). 

Charm = social link with Yukari

Courage = social link with Fuuka

Academics = social link with Mitsuru 

You may have noticed bosses are giving you a hard time now that's because you aren't spending much time in tartarus as you should be. You are hurrying to the checkpoint when you are running low on time and skipping floors of EXP. This will screw you over the more you do it. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Aceman said:

Charm = social link with Yukari

Courage = social link with Fuuka

Academics = social link with Mitsuru

Yep, you have to max them to get those social links later in the game. Not sure if he knows this, but there are certain places where you can "raise them greatly," like the arcade. There are also some restaurants which raise them greatly, but I try not to waste days that could be used for social links. I maxed out the Tanaka and Monk quickly so I could just focus on them every night.