The King of Hate Forums
WowDude

Persona 3

It'll get delayed harder than Mighty no. 9.

Also I highly suggest Phil fuse Siegfried which you unlock for maxing the Strength social link, really OP persona that will just end battles for you in one attack. He's available in the later half of the game.

Persona 5 released Sep 15 2016 ( for japan ). 

We have to wait til e3 to get eng release date. Looks damn good tho. 

2 hours ago, Aceman said:

Persona 5 released Sep 15 2016 ( for japan ). 

We have to wait til e3 to get eng release date. Looks damn good tho. 

Holy shit, my hype levels are through the roof. At least I was right about them not releasing the game in the summer. This is easily my No.1 game to get for the holidays.

2 hours ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

Holy shit, my hype levels are through the roof. At least I was right about them not releasing the game in the summer. This is easily my No.1 game to get for the holidays.

Lol holidays is a stretch, calling it now it's getting a 2017 release in usa

Edited by Noir

20 minutes ago, Noir said:

Lol holidays is a stretch, calling it now it's getting a 2017 release in usa

NOT SO FAST. 

Capture.JPG

16 hours ago, Aceman said:

NOT SO FAST. 

Capture.JPG

That's just the next P5 announcement. :biggrin:

Willing to bet it'll be late 2016.

I'm on the fence about this.

Would I love to see Persona 5 get an English release in late 2016? Yes, the sooner the better.

BUT if it does release during that crazy hardcore gaming season? It's going to be incredibly difficult to keep up with a playthrough while balancing it with so many other releases. And considering it's September release for the Japanese version, I'm thinking November-December if it does release in 2016...RIGHT smack dab in the middle of the heaviest release time/my year-end series.

This could all be worrying for nothing though, so we'll see what happens at E3.

47 minutes ago, Phil said:

Would I love to see Persona 5 get an English release in late 2016? Yes, the sooner the better.

BUT if it does release during that crazy hardcore gaming season? It's going to be incredibly difficult to keep up with a playthrough while balancing it with so many other releases. And considering it's September release for the Japanese version, I'm thinking November-December if it does release in 2016...RIGHT smack dab in the middle of the heaviest release time/my year-end series.

They kind of have no choice but to release it this year in the West. The main reason is because this is the 20th Anniversary for the Persona series. Not releasing it out here this year would cause chaos :P. Plus, with Final Fantasy XV's release this year, they're gonna need to release it to compete with that game. And it may not seem like it, but right now Persona is one of the most hyped games this year. And Square Enix is aware of this, since they had a poll asking whether people preferred Final Fantasy or Persona in terms of the current style of gameplay.

Anyways, I'm sad that you only got to do Tartarus last night. Although, it was funny seeing the RNG Gods messing with you, especially with the dreaded Marin Karin spam :P I'm definitely gonna have a laugh or two when you go on vacation tonight.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

Anyways, I'm sad that you only got to do Tartarus last night. Although, it was funny seeing the RNG Gods messing with you, especially with the dreaded Marin Karin spam :P I'm definitely gonna have a laugh or two when you go on vacation tonight.

she almost always uses Marin Karin, which is why i removed her from my party, stop trying to slut it up with the enemy AI..

6 hours ago, Phil said:

Phil no offense, but people don't care if it affects your schedule. We just want the game and December is a good time for the audience of a jprg. If you had a big interest in the game you would drop what you are doing and play it. We still don't know what is coming out Q4 full anyway. 

I have a a gut feeling it will be December 2016. 

Edited by cooper

5 hours ago, Darksphere92 said:

she almost always uses Marin Karin, which is why i removed her from my party, stop trying to slut it up with the enemy AI..

I'm glad I'm playing the P3P version where you can control your party, FES seems like garbage and doesn't even have the optional Vision quest area.

Oddly enough, she never used Marin Karin until this session of the Tartarus. Leading me to believe that her Persona must have just learned it. Hmm...

9 minutes ago, Phil said:

Oddly enough, she never used Marin Karin until this session of the Tartarus. Leading me to believe that her Persona must have just learned it. Hmm...

Go to options

Set remember tactics

then In battle ( or menu in dungeon ) set her tactics to full assault 

As for the whole game releasing Q4 or in the hardcore gaming season then just play it later. Persona games take a lot of time and I'm guessing if you are gonna play it you aren't going to play on easy ( you can grind on vita neways if you want ). This is worrisome though cause you tend to drop games and forget about them if they don't release at the right time. 

Edited by Aceman

1 hour ago, cooper said:

Phil no offense, but people don't care if it affects your schedule. We just want the game and December is a good time for the audience of a jprg. If you had a big interest in the game you would drop what you are doing and play it. We still don't know what is coming out Q4 full anyway. 

I have a a gut feeling it will be December 2016. 

Its gonna happen Early to mid 2017 at best, mainly because of how long it takes to localize the games. Persona Q was released 6 months in the US after the japanese release so I wouldn't be surprised if this game didn't come out until Feb or march 2017.

Congrats Phil on gaining your new party member Aigis. Now to continue the character summaries that I did in the chat during the streams :P

So Aigis is a pure physical fighter, with her strength being in pierce attacks, but is weak to lightning attacks. So I recommend not having her and Yukari together in risk of having half of your party getting knocked down by zio attacks. She also has one of two weapons and armor types that you as the protagonist cannot use, which are different guns (grenade launchers, machine guns, and rifles) and robotic body armor and shoes. The biggest benefit to having her on the team is her buff spells, and when leveled up can eventually buff up every stat for every party member in three turns. This pretty much makes up for some battles where enemies will be immune to physical attacks since she'll have some use. She was pretty much a required character for me in my first run for that reason alone, not to mention she can do some good damage. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention something that only she can do in battle, but I'll let you see what it is.

I should add this advice as well since I'm currently watching the videos. I'd be careful with the social links now with the girls. Make sure that you don't ignore Chihiro while working on the other female social links. Because that jealousy harshly reduces the time before the social link becomes reversed, and you do not want that to happen on the risk of completely losing the social link.

Aigis is best waifu.

I noticed that the pervy female teacher from Persona 4 wasn't in Phil's playthrough, she is a girl that they end up hitting on at the beach. I guess she isn't in the FES version...

1170184-untitled.jpg

Edited by KGhaleon

5 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Aigis is best waifu.

I noticed that the pervy female teacher from Persona 4 wasn't in Phil's playthrough, she is a girl that they end up hitting on at the beach. I guess she isn't in the FES version...

1170184-untitled.jpg

I think that is just the PSP version. 

15 hours ago, cooper said:

I think that is just the PSP version. 

Gotcha, I get the feeling P3P must've came out after Persona 4.

1 hour ago, KGhaleon said:

Gotcha, I get the feeling P3P must've came out after Persona 4.

Yeah Yukiko also makes a cameo in the PSP version if you play the female campaign. 

6 hours ago, Noir said:

Yeah Yukiko also makes a cameo in the PSP version if you play the female campaign. 

Dang.

Also just got a Metatron, Lucifer and Messiah. Pretty badass Persona.

Edited by KGhaleon

Another session, another party member. Congrats on getting the doge Koromaru on the team and getting your first max social link.

So Koromaru is the fastest member of the team, with great evasion and high hp. His magic is the most important stat he has besides his evasion. His fire magic is great, and he gets the added bonus of having dark skills along with it. Like Aigis, he has unique weapons and armor. He gets to use kunai knives as a weapon, wears vests for defense, and for evasion, you got me. I can't remember :P. As for usefulness, Koromaru is definitely better to use than Junpei if you have Aigis on the team so that you have a great magic user.

And to clarify on walking Koromaru, there are some benefits to it. If you walk with someone from the dorm, you get small story details, whether its what they're feeling at the moment or just future events. If you walk alone, Koromaru will find an item at the Shrine for you to keep. And on some days, if you walk alone one of your social links will appear and you'll raise the relationship with them.

On the social link being maxed, imo that was very important to get done first. The reason is that if you raise Maiko's social link enough, an event will occur and you'll have to do a few things to unlock a new one. The thing with this one is that it can only be accessed on Sundays, but it raises every time you visit him. It's a great social link too, some consider it the best one, but to warn you, it is a depressing one xD

One last hint, try touching the thing next to the arcade. It may look like a background object, but you can interact with it. Might help with getting those Jack Frost Dolls.

I'm watching the videos right now. With the card shuffle where the cards go up, the order that they go up determine the order of where they line up. Also, the reason that nobody would use physical attacks on the mini-boss is because it cast Tetrakarn on itself. This spell reflects any physical attack once. So you would have to bite the bullet and hit it once normally to remove it, because the other party members will actively avoid using physical attacks until the spell is gone. There's also a magic reflecting spell, but I don't remember the name of it. You just have to do the same thing as with Tetrakarn.

And of course as soon as I watch part 70 you figure out the card shuffle thing xD

So I just realized something that you should've been doing but haven't that will bite you in the ass later. You haven't been registering any personas for a while. Because of this, it's almost impossible for you to get any of the bigger fusion personas since you never saved any personas that you've gotten.

Finished watching the last part. There's a couple things you can do for summer break. Besides Maiko and the sick kid, there's the star athlete waiting for you at Iwatodai and another person sitting around in the mall on one of the benches by the center fountain. Although, pretty much everyone hates his social link, and I'm not sure if he's even there during the summer, so it's up to you on whether or not you want to do that one.

2 hours ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

I'm watching the videos right now. With the card shuffle where the cards go up, the order that they go up determine the order of where they line up. Also, the reason that nobody would use physical attacks on the mini-boss is because it cast Tetrakarn on itself. This spell reflects any physical attack once. So you would have to bite the bullet and hit it once normally to remove it, because the other party members will actively avoid using physical attacks until the spell is gone. There's also a magic reflecting spell, but I don't remember the name of it. You just have to do the same thing as with Tetrakarn.

And of course as soon as I watch part 70 you figure out the card shuffle thing xD

So I just realized something that you should've been doing but haven't that will bite you in the ass later. You haven't been registering any personas for a while. Because of this, it's almost impossible for you to get any of the bigger fusion personas since you never saved any personas that you've gotten.

Finished watching the last part. There's a couple things you can do for summer break. Besides Maiko and the sick kid, there's the star athlete waiting for you at Iwatodai and another person sitting around in the mall on one of the benches by the center fountain. Although, pretty much everyone hates his social link, and I'm not sure if he's even there during the summer, so it's up to you on whether or not you want to do that one.

Fuck, you're right, didn't register at all in this week's gameplay sessions. Will have to do so next time I play, but of course now all those personas will be higher level.

Never got the registering part - sometimes personas ARE auto-registered and sometimes they aren't. That's something that definitely could use some improving in Persona 5.