The King of Hate Forums
WowDude

Persona 3

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Fuck, you're right, didn't register at all in this week's gameplay sessions. Will have to do so next time I play, but of course now all those personas will be higher level.

Never got the registering part - sometimes personas ARE auto-registered and sometimes they aren't. That's something that definitely could use some improving in Persona 5. 

Personas are registered when you fuse them. When their stats change you can register them again. It's a way to save their progress.

• Upvote 1

Here are some tips

Phil I see you aren't getting Tetrakarn and Makarakarn skills. When you fought the mini boss and the boss casted this you noticed your teammates did nothing. That is because each of these skills block physical or magical attacks for one turn. Once you break that then they will fight normally. 

Save all your sword of cards for the final battle and buff your main personas at that time.

There is a certain boss on floor 135 that is known for being difficult. I think it's even worse on FES. Could end up being a major roadblock. 

Slink the girls in your party one at a time. 

Don't forget about fusion spells. Especially the first one you learned that ups evasion and 50% health. That is a good one. Now that you have more persona space you can hold it easier. 

There's something really annoying in this game if you have a social link with a girl and you don't give them attention your sl will break and fixing it is a bitch. Also it isn't wise to reach dating status with multiple girls at once.

7 minutes ago, TraditionalGames said:

There's something really annoying in this game if you have a social link with a girl and you don't give them attention your sl will break and fixing it is a bitch. Also it isn't wise to reach dating status with multiple girls at once.

It can actually happen to anyone, not just the girl social links. If I remember right, if you ignore them for 90 days the social link will be reversed. I only know this because I wasn't working on Keisuke's for a while and when I checked my social links near the end of the game his was reversed. The thing with the girls' social links is that the day limit will be reduced by either 15 or 30 (don't remember the exact length), but it is more likely for their social links to be reversed first.

So I forgot how fast Ken and Shinjiro join your party, but congrats on getting them both.

So Ken is a mixed bag. He has Akihiko's lightning spells, Yukari's healing spells (currently at lvl 2 healing with both single and group healing), and has light spells compared to Koromaru's dark spells. He has low HP, but his magic stat is really good, so him healing a lot is no big deal. His weapon of choice is the spear. It doesn't do much damage, but it has a high hit percentage and has good crit chances if I remember right. His strength is lightning and he's immune to light spells.

Shinjiro is very similar to Aigis. He can only use physical moves, but one spell he has that's very helpful is Evil Touch. It pretty much makes enemies susceptible to crits and light/dark spells. His weapon of choice is the hammer. It hits hard, but has the lowest hit percentage of all the weapons. What really makes Shinjiro unique is that he has no strengths or weaknesses, so he's on an even playing field against anyone as long as they are immune to physical attacks.

39 minutes ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

So I forgot how fast Ken and Shinjiro join your party, but congrats on getting them both.

So Ken is a mixed bag. He has Akihiko's lightning spells, Yukari's healing spells (currently at lvl 2 healing with both single and group healing), and has light spells compared to Koromaru's dark spells. He has low HP, but his magic stat is really good, so him healing a lot is no big deal. His weapon of choice is the spear. It doesn't do much damage, but it has a high hit percentage and has good crit chances if I remember right. His strength is lightning and he's immune to light spells.

Shinjiro is very similar to Aigis. He can only use physical moves, but one spell he has that's very helpful is Evil Touch. It pretty much makes enemies susceptible to crits and light/dark spells. His weapon of choice is the hammer. It hits hard, but has the lowest hit percentage of all the weapons. What really makes Shinjiro unique is that he has no strengths or weaknesses, so he's on an even playing field against anyone as long as they are immune to physical attacks.

he shouldnt waste his time with Shin.

Good work so far Phil. You got really lucky that Ken paralyzed the Sleeping Table, it made it susceptible to crits and made the fight really easy xD. As to the question you asked in the last video, there really isn't much for you to do at night at this point. You have the monk social link, walking Koromaru, and spending some yen on raising persona stats in the arcade. That's pretty much it. Oh, and make sure you check the console that's on the 4th floor of the dorm for some hidden scenes. Since June nobody in the dorm has told you to check the console so there's gonna be a few things to watch. You might get a laugh out of them.

11 hours ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

Good work so far Phil. You got really lucky that Ken paralyzed the Sleeping Table, it made it susceptible to crits and made the fight really easy xD. As to the question you asked in the last video, there really isn't much for you to do at night at this point. You have the monk social link, walking Koromaru, and spending some yen on raising persona stats in the arcade. That's pretty much it. Oh, and make sure you check the console that's on the 4th floor of the dorm for some hidden scenes. Since June nobody in the dorm has told you to check the console so there's gonna be a few things to watch. You might get a laugh out of them.

Thanks Very Much!

I would just like to say Thank You Phil for exposing me to the persona series. I watched just a few of your videos 3-4 months ago and decided to start with P4G after hearing so many great things.

Long story short: I am an absolute persona fanboy now. After 4 golden I was hooked and bought 5 other Persona games in addition to watching the anime.

As corny/silly as it sounds the series actually made me a better person and friend as I began to see the deeper value of friendship and the people in our lives.

I've made the mistake in the past to push people away but I can now say I'm a happier person with loving friends that I truly appreciate what they bring to my life.

1 hour ago, Darksphere92 said:

tbh i thought his P4 playthrough was more interesting to watch.

I think it has to do with the fact that P3 just has a lot more filler than P4 which makes it more boring to watch. Plus it is a more serious game

Got caught up with the videos finally. I'm glad you got to that point now. Admittedly, I was a little surprised that Aigis was still at Tartarus with the others. I could've sworn that she didn't come back until a little later, but whatever. Anyways, with Chihiro, whenever a social link is reversed, they will be at a different place to talk to you at. I only learned about that because when I had Yuko's link reversed she appeared on the first floor instead of the second floor. Someone commented saying that she appears in front of the library on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, but I don't know if that's completely true.

On the plot, I always love this part of the game because of how different it is compared to the rest of the game. You just kind of lose your purpose for fighting the shadows and climbing Tartarus besides getting stronger. I'm excited for the next session because of what plot things will happen (if I remember the dates that some things happen correctly).

Also, you passed the track star guy multiple times at Iwatodai Station. He was sitting on a bench in plain site and you ignored him every time xD

Phil, I don`t know if someone already asked this before, but will you be doing the "Answer" run as well after you finish the main story?

"Answer" - is the part of FES edition, that you`re currently playing. And the story happens after the main events.

3 hours ago, hussyfan said:

Phil, I don`t know if someone already asked this before, but will you be doing the "Answer" run as well after you finish the main story?

"Answer" - is the part of FES edition, that you`re currently playing. And the story happens after the main events.

He talked about this in the Week in Preview. He won't be playing The Answer. Most people have said that they didn't want him to see it because it's mostly just a grind and the difficulty is set to hard only.

I think if every playthrough of a JRPG is going to be like this, being put off for several days if not a week or more at a time because new releases come out, then Phil should just stop playing them. Don't put them up for Patron's choice, don't play them by his choice. If you're not going to consistently play it and you know you won't be consistently playing it then you shouldn't play it at all in my opinion.

22 minutes ago, WazerWifle said:

I think if every playthrough of a JRPG is going to be like this, being put off for several days if not a week or more at a time because new releases come out, then Phil should just stop playing them. Don't put them up for Patron's choice, don't play them by his choice. If you're not going to consistently play it and you know you won't be consistently playing it then you shouldn't play it at all in my opinion.

Then Patrons' Choice is a worthless endeavor, because if ever a game that doesn't fit consistent ongoing play is voted in, I'll shoot it down. That's not how it works, at all.

People knew what they were getting into when they voted for Persona 3, because I told them up front. If they're disappointed, it's their own fault and they should be disappointed in themselves, not in me.

Just now, Phil said:

Then Patrons' Choice is a worthless endeavor, because if ever a game that doesn't fit consistent ongoing play is voted in, I'll shoot it down. That's not how it works, at all.

People knew what they were getting into when they voted for Persona 3, because I told them up front. If they're disappointed, it's their own fault and they should be disappointed in themselves, not in me.

I just worry that Persona 5 will be essentially a repeat of this playthrough is all. It shouldn't be given that the North American release isn't until Valentine's Day, but we don't what's coming out then.

27 minutes ago, WazerWifle said:

I just worry that Persona 5 will be essentially a repeat of this playthrough is all. It shouldn't be given that the North American release isn't until Valentine's Day, but we don't what's coming out then.

There is For Honor and one other game that I can't remember coming out on Valentine's Day.

38 minutes ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

There is For Honor and one other game that I can't remember coming out on Valentine's Day.

Another thing, within 2 weeks after FFXV comes out Mafia III, Gears of War 4, and WWE 2K17 all come out. Gears 4 and WWE come out 4 days after Mafia III so something's either getting rushed through or put off.

So I got curious and decided to some calculations to see how long it would've taken Phil to beat Persona 3. The information I used was the date he started which I got from the playlists page on this website, March 25, and the estimates on howlongtobeat.com for how long Persona 3 FES is. Here's the info from howlongtobeat.

Capture.PNG

I divided each time estimate by 3 because each main stream is roughly 3 hours of gameplay. This is all based on if Phil had maintained a consistent every other day schedule since he started the game. Main story alone: 80 hours/3=26.6 repeating or roughly 27 streams to beat it. It would've been finished by May 16th at the latest. Main + Extra: 108 hours/3=36 streams. It would've been finished on June 2nd. Combined: 95 hours/3=31.6 repeating or roughly 32 streams to beat it. It would've been finished by May 26th at the latest.

Now this information is too late to be helpful at this point, but I think in future Phil should maintain a consistent schedule for long games like this. Also, when he has downtime he should shift focus to the longer games over starting shorter ones. Don't drop them for several days to a week at a time. It could also be a good idea to do longer streams for these longer games, just by an hour. Not necessarily going later, but starting earlier. You'll get through them faster this way.

Edited by Biwwy

On 7/18/2016 at 5:13 PM, WazerWifle said:

That's the price to pay for a long ass game. As long as Phil finishes the game then you should be thankful mate. 

On 7/28/2016 at 1:25 PM, Biwwy said:

Now this information is too late to be helpful at this point, but I think in future Phil should maintain a consistent schedule for long games like this. 

And then I'll go out of business, because if you haven't noticed, there isn't even a consistent 1k people following the playthrough. In fact, there weren't even 5k from the very start. These kinds of playthroughs (older JRPGs that are insanely long) will ALWAYS have to be treated as the backburner project or else, simply put, I won't be able to pay my bills.

This was a Patron's Choice playthrough where only 12 hours of gameplay were promised. I've now given around 57 (and still going). That's 6 times what was promised. But somehow people will still be unhappy and spin it into something negative?

Nope.

By the way, I know you're Wazer Wifle so you can stop pretending now.