The King of Hate Forums
WowDude

Persona 3

Ok, found the videos you're looking for Phil, with no commentary and best video quality. The only things they don't have are the conversations you get to see with the maxed social links after you beat the final boss. I'll try to look for those though. Again, sorry about what happened to you, I've never had that happen to me so I didn't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK-RMeMhfX4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT1XWRFw_tg

9 minutes ago, TraditionalGames said:

Yeah. That happened to me once. Lack of foresight with Atlus that charm could potentially break the boss.

I've never played the game so i'd like to know: does that charm move at least lower the boss' defense? Otherwise they really didn't think that would happen.

Edited by onorub

No words

10 minutes ago, onorub said:

I've never played the game so i'd like to know: does that charm move at least lower the boss' defense? Otherwise they really didn't think that would happen.

No. That would pretty much break the boss. It's not that hard of a boss anyway as long as you fuse correctly.

"All my viewers said 'Play it on easy, play it on easy, don't ragequit' so im going to play it on easy"

$1,250, 4 months and 150+ parts later on the final boss.... I can tell he's really upset too. No "great stream" tweet or nothing. I think he should return to the final boss. I mean 60 hours in he almost has too.

"All my viewers said 'Play it on easy, play it on easy, don't ragequit' so im going to play it on easy"

$1,250, 4 months and 150+ parts later on the final boss.... I can tell he's really upset too. No "great stream" tweet or nothing. I think he should return to the final boss. I mean 60 hours in he almost has too.

5 minutes ago, TraditionalGames said:

I hope he at least takes a break and beat the boss off camera so he can complete the playthrough.

He should at least do a live reaction to the ending with facecam and end it. 

7 minutes ago, KingJames said:

What happened?

The ending of the playthrough. I don't know if it was just bad luck or Phil just not being prepared for it. Just disappointed, I guess.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Marle said:

The ending of the playthrough. I don't know if it was just bad luck or Phil just not being prepared for it. Just disappointed, I guess.

It was a mix of bad luck and bad game design.

15 minutes ago, TheBluePlumber said:

Even ATLUSUSA (Makers of the game) YT channel responded to Phil rage quitting with a comment saying "The Charm Salt Is Real".

What are you talking about? The videos are not even out yet.

6 minutes ago, TraditionalGames said:

It was a mix of bad luck and bad game design.

What are you talking about? The videos are not even out yet.

He should at least give it another try so Patrons won't get ripped off.

4 minutes ago, KingJames said:

He should at least give it another try so Patrons won't get ripped off.

Again, the Patron's choice playthrough only guaranteed 12 hours of gameplay. He never had to go as far as he did.

Just now, SilentWarrior25 said:

Again, the Patron's choice playthrough only guaranteed 12 hours of gameplay. He never had to go as far as he did.

That last boss was also one of the most mundane boring things I have seen in a videogame ever. Even the fans of persona 3 have no pleasure seing that again do they? 

8 minutes ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

Then what's the point of Full Game Playthroughs?

• Upvote 1

It wasn't the goal that was the problem, Patron's Choice is good. It is the fact that people picked a JRPG that is far too long and has an entry in the series coming up anyways. Wouldn't be surprised to see people donate for a choice after today. People will just nominate more games that take less time. I don't think that many hardcore people were that stressed over a 4 month playthrough.

I'm not sure why a rational person would think that it isn't worth it just because of today. I don't recall Patron's Choice games being games that are dedicated to being completed. But I might be mistaken for that. Clearly what happened today isn't something that will occur often because most games aren't going to have a long final battle like that.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheBluePlumber said:

No more JRPG's for Patreons Choice =(, he really needs to change the goal for this month, no way the hardcore fans gonna give him $1200 for another Choice after today...

I sadly don't like JRPG's and thought this was the best possible ending. I thought I would give it a chance since It was the last stream. And to me it just looks like a boring drawn out repetitive grind. But then again I had no connection to the story.  But anyways, the only thing missing was killing the boss and the final movie, People pretending this is an outrage should find something better to complain over. 

3 minutes ago, kushiyaki said:

Clearly what happened today isn't something that will occur often because most games aren't going to have a long final battle like that.

exactly

This is like the 6th or 7th game he rage quit in a 6 month period kushiyaki. How blurred do you want the "Full Game Playthroughs" tagline in the banner to become? Invisible? Or should there be an astericks there for games he likes and games that he is able to beat?

8 minutes ago, TheBluePlumber said:

This is like the 6th or 7th game he rage quit in a 6 month period kushiyaki. How blurred do you want the "Full Game Playthroughs" tagline in the banner to become? Invisible? Or should there be an astericks there for games he likes and games that he is able to beat?

Glad someone isn't drinking the kool-aid unlike others

The only recent ones I can think of are Persona 3 and Furi. Obviously it wouldn't become invisible because the percentage of games he completes is still pretty high. And of course I'd prefer if he finished games all the way through but there are some times when I think it is much better if he quits. Even though I'd prefer if he can play through all games to completion, I understand why he doesn't and why it would be odd to constantly update the wording to follow semantics of "full game playthroughs"

In a very abstract, simple sense to relate to this topic I see Phil's playthroughs in 3 tiers: 1) He enjoys the game a lot and it shows the whole way through, 2) he enjoys the game but has complaints at parts and rages at parts, and 3) he is slogging through the game. The games where he forces himself through are the absolute worst from an entertainment perspective. Once he gets to the point where he is not raging and is just irritated and hates the game, I prefer him quit than to watch him be annoyed and irritated with the game. I don't keep playing games past the point of their entertainment and fun to me and it certainly isn't fun to watch people at that point either.  The first time I saw the boss heal I thought he would quit, Phil will always quit a game where he feels he is wasting time to replay the same exact gameplay.

Does anyone really want to see him grind out a final boss for over an hour again? We've literally seen the whole boss fight and watched it reset 2 times. How much grinding would we have to see him do to protect his healers from being charmed or training the underpowered characters who aren't healers to be able to join into the fight. Its an old, niche game that lasted months and months. I'm okay with the game being over. I feel bad for people who wanted to see the end but you are literally only going to get his commentary for the epilogue at this point. Its the only thing missing.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, KingJames said:

Glad someone isn't drinking the kool-aid unlike others

10 minutes ago, TheBluePlumber said:

1 hour ago, TheBluePlumber said:

Its on a detractors video, they have it already uploaded.

Found it. Wow. They actually think it's funny they made a broken boss fight. What kind of major game developer trolls thier gamers?