The King of Hate Forums
cooper

New more powerful PS4 could be announced before October!

Not only that its going to be announced before PSVR is out. Seems rumors are coming true a more powerful PS4 will happen! 

http://www.wsj.com/articles/sony-plans-new-playstation-for-graphics-heavy-games-1459152941

Edited by cooper

They aren't rumors, it is official that it's being made, called the Playstation 4.5. They have it set to come out by Q2 2017. The reason they are making it is so that they could have a console that can upscale to 4K graphics. Fortunately, similar to the New 3DS XL, every game will still work on the regular PS4. However, I bet some games will perform badly on the regular system if developers are making it work for 4K TV's first. Not gonna bother buying it since I don't even have a 4K TV. And DarkSphere, if you don't have a 4K TV, then I wouldn't even bother with it either.

2 hours ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

They aren't rumors, it is official that it's being made, called the Playstation 4.5. They have it set to come out by Q2 2017. The reason they are making it is so that they could have a console that can upscale to 4K graphics. Fortunately, similar to the New 3DS XL, every game will still work on the regular PS4. However, I bet some games will perform badly on the regular system if developers are making it work for 4K TV's first. Not gonna bother buying it since I don't even have a 4K TV. And DarkSphere, if you don't have a 4K TV, then I wouldn't even bother with it either.

Yup i would say the nearest thing to compare this to will be 3ds vs new 3ds. 

4 hours ago, Darksphere92 said:

wow that is so unfair... i just bought my PS4, yup full steam ahead with the greed train.

Your PS4 won't stop working. 

19 minutes ago, cooper said:

Yup i would say the nearest thing to compare this to will be 3ds vs new 3ds. 

Your PS4 won't stop working. 

Unless Sony starts making exclusive games for it then it might become a problem but I doubt it. Would be nice if it had improved graphics, better load times, and maybe higher framerate.

• Upvote 1

On 3/28/2016 at 4:28 PM, Darksphere92 said:

Sony now sending "update that bricks the current PS4"

jk i hope.

That won't happen. But I bet we'll see things like "Plays best on Playstation 4.5 (or w/e they call it)". Some games wil probably be poorly optimized for the older hardware but still "work" just with bad performance. I'm personally happy with my PC that I only upgrade once every 4-5 years (to keep playing everything on ultra) and have access to all my games from every generation plus nintendo games, playstation 1 and 2 games, DS games via emulation.

53 minutes ago, LieutenantMan said:

So are console generations going to be compartmentalized now? Like a Generation VIII.5? Or are we moving to Gen VIIII?

Consoles started moving into this kind of territory last generation. With the launch PS3, and the later versions. Then they had the Xbox release version and the later black version that came out. They're going to suck in all of the people that want the "best" that's out right then. Same as phones. They want to get to the people who are willing to pay big bucks every couple years for a small upgrade (like how every new Iphone has like .5 inch bigger screen and it warrants a $500.00 plus purchase each year).

3 hours ago, biopticstream said:

.Consoles started moving into this kind of territory last generation. With the launch PS3, and the later versions. Then they had the Xbox release version and the later black version that came out. They're going to suck in all of the people that want the "best" that's out right then. Same as phones. They want to get to the people who are willing to pay big bucks every couple years for a small upgrade (like how every new Iphone has like .5 inch bigger screen and it warrants a $500.00 plus purchase each year).

Welp, PC it is for me next system purchase, Theres officially no reason to stick with consoles anymore.

1 minute ago, LieutenantMan said:

Welp, PC it is for me next system purchase, Theres officially no reason to stick with consoles anymore.

If you'd like to look into building a pc, you can get a PC that outboxes even the upcoming PS4 for a bit cheaper than the console if you source your parts right. If you ever browse reddit the guys at /r/buildapc or /r/pcmasterrace can help if you ask them. Be wary of prebuilts they're generally overpriced.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, LieutenantMan said:

The games are a key thing for me. I have no interest in mmo's rts, mobas or f2p games. I prefer story driven games not multiplayer which is mostly the console space. PC is dominated by MP which i don't have an interest in.  Almost every exclusive game i want is on console and not PC. The few PC games i want are usually things like Undertale and Stardew Valley which can run on any old cheaper pc. 

Edited by cooper

1 minute ago, cooper said:

The games are a key thing for me. I have no interest in mmo's rts, mobas or f2p games. I prefer story driven games not multiplayer which is mostly the console space. PC is dominated by MP which i don't have an interest in.  Almost every exclusive game i want is on console and not PC. The few PC games i want are usually things like Undertale and Stardew Valley which can run on any old cheaper pc. 

You're very sorely mistaken. I'd don't know why you think that PC is multiplayer centric. On the PC you can get any genre of game. There are plenty of single player story driven games. (Mass Effect Series, Bethesda's catalogue, and every other non-console exclusive). Also, Microsoft is moving toward merging their games between Xbox and PC. So we may very well see that the PS4 is the odd one out in regards to holding games ransom to force people to buy their console. Also, before you may say "well, Keyboard and mouse suck" or something, pretty much any controller you can use on consoles you can use on PC. Any Xbox controller can be used (you need an adapter for wireless) and Playstation controllers can also work.  On PC you also aren't limited to the story driven games of that generation. You have access to every story-driven game ported to the PC ever released. Plus there are multiple systems emulated so you can play their exclusives. PS3 and Xbox 360 emulators have been making a lot of headway recently too, so we may very well see games such as The Last Of Us, Halo, and more being playable on PC. 

The games are a key thing for me. I have no interest in mmo's rts, mobas or f2p games. Almost every game i'm interested in exclusive wise is on console and not PC. The few PC games i want are usually things like Undertale and Stardew Valley which can run on any old cheaper pc. 

Well thats the thing, everything on console is pretty much available on PC nowadays...let me think of a game im missing out this generation.....

Wow I actually have to look this up give me a sec........

Infamous? Grand Turismo? Tekken (which is rumored to be on PC...) Killer Instinct...Gears of war 4 (probably coming to PC) Recore......

And none of these peak that much of my interest too much. But then again im not really a Day 1 gamer, not cause I can't afford it, more because alot of them aren't finished at launch and really more of a liability.

4 minutes ago, biopticstream said:

You're very sorely mistaken. I'd don't know why you think that PC is multiplayer centric. On the PC you can get any genre of game. There are plenty of single player story driven games. (Mass Effect Series, Bethesda's catalogue, and every other non-console exclusive). Also, Microsoft is moving toward merging their games between Xbox and PC. So we may very well see that the PS4 is the odd one out in regards to holding games ransom to force people to buy their console. Also, before you may say "well, Keyboard and mouse suck" or something, pretty much any controller you can use on consoles you can use on PC. Any Xbox controller can be used (you need an adapter for wireless) and Playstation controllers can also work.  On PC you also aren't limited to the story driven games of that generation. You have access to every story-driven game ported to the PC ever released. Plus there are multiple systems emulated so you can play their exclusives. PS3 and Xbox 360 emulators have been making a lot of headway recently too, so we may very well see games such as The Last Of Us, Halo, and more being playable on PC. 

Then why is it every game i see on PC that is big is MP focused? That is the main market i never said SP does not exist. 

I don't see the reason for a PC when the dev's are focusing on MP. Is Blizzard making a SP story driven game? Nope another arena mp shooter. Nothing against people who like these games, they obviously have a market. I just connect much more with the games on console.

Edited by cooper

Just now, cooper said:

Then why is it every game i see on PC that is big is MP? That is the main market i never said SP does not exist. 

You're obviously going off of anecdotal evidence ("I see"). You obviously aren't looking in the right places. Lord, just google "single player PC games" and you'll get lists of single-player centric big-name games on PC.

5 minutes ago, cooper said:

Then why is it every game i see on PC that is big is MP focused? That is the main market i never said SP does not exist. 

I don't see the reason for a PC when the dev's are focusing on MP. Is Blizzard making a SP story driven game? Nope another arena mp shooter. Nothing against people who like these games, they obviously have a market. I just connect much more with the games on console.

You should stop mindlessly reiterating that PC is Multiplayer Focused. It's not anymore multiplayer focused than consoles. So get that idea out of here, it's just wrong. ANY GAME other than console exclusives (ransom titles) ARE PLAYABLE ON PC. Plus genres that are not feasible on consoles. You don't see a reason for them? They are CHEAPER than consoles when you aim for a PC of equal-slightly higher power. PCs have much more longevity than consoles, as you can switch out individual parts rather than having to swap out the entire unit.  You don't have to pay extra for a pointless online service. You can get so much more out of a PC than a console. Just go around and ask on the subreddits I had mentioned before. Just make a post about what kind of system you can build for the same price of one of the consoles. You'll get a PC that will absolutely meet the console's power and will most likely blow it out of the water.

3 minutes ago, LieutenantMan said:

Well thats the thing, everything on console is pretty much available on PC nowadays...let me think of a game im missing out this generation.....

Wow I actually have to look this up give me a sec........

Infamous? Grand Turismo? Tekken (which is rumored to be on PC...) Killer Instinct...Gears of war 4 (probably coming to PC) Recore......

And none of these peak that much of my interest too much. But then again im not really a Day 1 gamer, not cause I can't afford it, more because alot of them aren't finished at launch and really more of a liability.

If you don't find interest in any of the exclusive games so far no problem man. I was simply stating my taste. I had more fun with Bloodborne, Ratchet and Clank, Disgaea 5, Infamous Second Son,  Infamous First Light Gravity Rush, Yakuza, Until Dawn, Resogun, Knack, Killzone. Many more to come this is a great year for Playstation with Persona 5, Last Guardian, Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, detroit: Become Human, Gravity Rush 2, Nier: Automata and God of War.

A lot of these games might now speak to you as a gamer, but i'm interested in every single one. In same way most PC games don't speak to me. 

If you don't find interest in any of the exclusive games so far no problem man. I was simply stating my taste. I had more fun with Bloodborne, Ratchet and Clank, Disgaea 5, Infamous Second Son,  Infamous First Light Gravity Rush, Yakuza, Until Dawn, Resogun, Knack, Killzone. Many more to come this is a great year for Playstation with Persona 5, Last Guardian, Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, detroit: Become Human, Gravity Rush 2, Nier: Automata and God of War.

A lot of these games might now speak to you as a gamer, but i'm interested in every single one. In same way most PC games don't speak to me. 

Totally agree, not every gamer is the same.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, biopticstream said:

You're obviously going off of anecdotal evidence ("I see"). You obviously aren't looking in the right places. Lord, just google "single player PC games" and you'll get lists of single-player centric big-name games on PC.

You should stop mindlessly reiterating that PC is Multiplayer Focused. It's not anymore multiplayer focused than consoles. So get that idea out of here, it's just wrong. ANY GAME other than console exclusives (ransom titles) ARE PLAYABLE ON PC. Plus genres that are not feasible on consoles. You don't see a reason for them? They are CHEAPER than consoles when you aim for a PC of equal-slightly higher power. PCs have much more longevity than consoles, as you can switch out individual parts rather than having to swap out the entire unit.  You don't have to pay extra for a pointless online service. You can get so much more out of a PC than a console. Just go around and ask on the subreddits I had mentioned before. Just make a post about what kind of system you can build for the same price of one of the consoles. You'll get a PC that will absolutely meet the console's power and will most likely blow it out of the water.

A lot of games i care about are not playable on PC. There is no PS3 or PS4 emulator or 3DS.(3DS has one but its early on) I did as you said and all that came up were games that i already played. 

Edited by cooper

4 minutes ago, cooper said:

All the games i care about are not playable on PC. There is no PS3 or PS4 emulator or 3DS. I did as you said and all that came up were MP games that i already played. 

No a PS4 emulator is not currently available. Though Ps3 emulator, as I said before, is making headway and already has a few games playable at full speed. IF you feel that the only games you wish to play are games that are being held hostage by the console makers to get people to drop $400.00+ dollars on an otherwise pointless machine go ahead. Besides some console exclusives (which again are literally just games that the console creators are holding hostage so you waste money on their console) consoles literally have no benefit over PC gaming. AS for 3DS  Citra, the emulator is very nearly at a state where the most popular games are playable at full speed on PCs.

Edited by biopticstream

7 minutes ago, biopticstream said:

No a PS4 emulator is not currently available. Though Ps3 emulator, as I said before, is making headway and already has a few games playable at full speed. IF you feel that the only games you wish to play are games that are being held hostage by the console makers to get people to drop $400.00+ dollars on an otherwise pointless machine go ahead. Besides some console exclusives (which again are literally just games that the console creators are holding hostage so you waste money on their console) consoles literally have no benefit over PC gaming. AS for 3DS  Citra, the emulator is very nearly at a state where the most popular games are playable at full speed on PCs.

I don't care dude, I don't get why you can't understand that. They made those games and they have a right to keep them and sell them as they please. You don't have a right as a PC gamer to complain and pirate a game because its not on PC. If you have a legit copy of the game that's different story in terms of emulation. 

Edited by cooper

10 minutes ago, cooper said:

I don't care dude, I don't get why you can't understand that. They made those games and they have a right to keep them and sell them as they please. You don't have a right as a PC gamer to complain and pirate the games because its not on PC. 

Maybe I didn't "understand that" because you hadn't even said you didn't care before? I'm not a mind reader, express yourself if you want to be understood. But fine, if you're comfortable and complacent throwing money at companies that are ripping you off, go ahead. It's your money, and I respect your right to waste it. But accusing me of piracy? What the hell? So just because people can use a PC to pirate games we all do it? You've resorted to accusing me of crimes and insulting me.  FYI if you were familiar with emulation you would know there are legal, legitimate ways to get physical, purchased, copies of console games to your PC. Just because you are ignorant of that fact doesn't give you the right to insult me and PC gamers as a whole. Are there some who pirate the games? Sure. Just as there are some who mod their consoles and pirate games to play on those as well. Regardless I'm done with this conversation with you. I've shared my side, you've shared yours. There is nothing more to be gained here. Have a good day, sir.

Edited by biopticstream

So what ever happened to just gee I don't know owning both? I own a Wii U and PC but I primarily just play on my PC while enjoying the games offered on Wii U. Tbh I just really only enjoy PC gaming for how cheap it can be without the need to having to worry about upgrading to a new console for a while.

• Upvote 2