The King of Hate Forums

New more powerful PS4 could be announced before October!

57 minutes ago, biopticstream said:

Maybe I didn't "understand that" because you hadn't even said you didn't care before? I'm not a mind reader, express yourself if you want to be understood. But fine, if you're comfortable and complacent throwing money at companies that are ripping you off, go ahead. It's your money, and I respect your right to waste it. But accusing me of piracy? What the hell? So just because people can use a PC to pirate games we all do it? You've resorted to accusing me of crimes and insulting me.  FYI if you were familiar with emulation you would know there are legal, legitimate ways to get physical, purchased, copies of console games to your PC. Just because you are ignorant of that fact doesn't give you the right to insult me and PC gamers as a whole. Are there some who pirate the games? Sure. Just as there are some who mod their consoles and pirate games to play on those as well. Regardless I'm done with this conversation with you. I've shared my side, you've shared yours. There is nothing more to be gained here. Have a good day, sir.

I'm was not trying to accuse you of piracy at all.  If someone has a legit copy of the game they can emulate it. I have no problem or if its an old game that is not reasonable priced since they can be expensive. I only have the problem when your talking something legitimately for sale for example Nintendo's virtual console store. Its on there for a reasonable price and instead they download roms of the game that they never owned/payed for. When you buy a game for a console your paying for it to be playable on that console, you're not entitled to a new copy. Its the same thing as the people who got pissed  at Sony with PS4 emulating PS2 games and now allowing ps2 discs to work. Sorry everyone, but you payed for those games on PS2 not PS4. Emulation is not as easy as people make it out to be and you're not entitled to a new copy you got what you payed for the game on PS2. 

Edited by cooper
On 3/28/2016 at 4:11 PM, NepNep said:

Unless Sony starts making exclusive games for it then it might become a problem but I doubt it. Would be nice if it had improved graphics, better load times, and maybe higher framerate.

This is what I'm assuming, hope I won't miss out on some awesome games for buying a regular PS4 last year.

On 4/26/2016 at 4:46 PM, Sammy_Samosa said:

It better play UHD Blu-ray discs.

I think that's the only reason Sony is even considering this. They are banking hard on selling UHD TVs and they really wanted to add UHD to PS4 but the tech was not ready. It obvious that they want to sell PS4K as their main entertainment device for everything. Plus UHD blu rays already cost arround the same price of a console, so technically speaking the PS4K, just like the PS3 when it came out, will be a bargain if its sold at $400. 

4 hours ago, BrickArts295 said:

I think that's the only reason Sony is even considering this. They are banking hard on selling UHD TVs and they really wanted to add UHD to PS4 but the tech was not ready. It obvious that they want to sell PS4K as their main entertainment device for everything. Plus UHD blu rays already cost arround the same price of a console, so technically speaking the PS4K, just like the PS3 when it came out, will be a bargain if its sold at $400. 

Well I saw on a Digital Foundry video they said Sony might not include the UHD player for whatever reason. Like you said, it would make sense if Sony includes it, but they might not.