The King of Hate Forums
DML897

Tobuscus: Rape/Abuse/DrugAbuse?

So found this trending among some friends on social media. Thought it was interesting as DSP has always had a disdain for Toby Turner and was often criticized by Tobuscus fans. Turns out, they may have been supporting a rapist and DSP may have been right on the money.

As with all things on the internet, take this with a grain of salt. Girl could be lying or Toby could be even more of a scumbag than people actually thought. We won't know until more info comes out. Trigger warning with some of this, some graphic and despicable things described here. 

http://aprilefff.tumblr.com/post/142456789310/the-truth-about-tobuscus

TLDR: Small time youtuber Aprilefff coming out with a story that she was mentally and physically abused by Toby Turner, was triggered when finding a toy made of him in a toy store. Accuses him of being a crazy drug addict and abuser. May or may not be true. 

How do we know any of this is true?

Popular people tend to always be targets for defamation.

Edited by KGhaleon
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

How do we know any of this is true?

Popular people tend to always be targets for defamation.

Correct. Which is why I said take it with a grain of salt. But apparently this isn't an isolated case. 

Reason I posted here is because I found it interesting that DSP haters are actually quite tame in comparison to some haters of people like Tobuscus. Again we shall see with more info if it comes out. Just found it interesting. 

Seems like a case of wanting attention and everyone else jumping on the bandwagon. Accusations from multiple parties has some fidelity, but where is the proof?

Edited by WowDude

35 minutes ago, AshishAshLamps007 said:

Always found Toby's commentary a bit annoying. But nah, don't think he's that low.

The only lowest thing he did was the Annoying Orange show 

23 hours ago, DML897 said:

Turns out, they may have been supporting a rapist and DSP may have been right on the money.

Uh... I can't agree there. Whether this case is true or not, Phil didn't criticize Toby because he was keen enough to sense rape vibes or some such nonsense. He criticized him, at first, because he didn't like the fact that Toby's ads were on his Youtube videos. That's a separate matter and shouldn't be taken as indication that Phil was right before anyone else. 

I tried to be charitable by reading the entire post, but I have to admit, I was suspicious right from the trigger warning (hard to take that phrase seriously in an age where people claim to be triggered by the smallest things, so please reconsider using it, DML), and only got more suspicious as I read on. If you believe this post, you also accept:

- Toby is an over-the-top sociopath, druggie, and sex addict outside of his gaming persona, but in spite of being in the public eye, he managed to keep this under wraps until 2016

- None of his associates were keen enough to notice that he was abusing multiple women, and if they did, none were moral enough to do anything about it, and none of the victims spoke up until now. I've heard one YT personality claim that they knew he was a druggie, but why didn't more people notice? Shouldn't this be fairly easy to spot?

- She told her friends a lie that a guy in a bar drugged her instead of saying that Toby drugged her, and none of her friends called the police about a potential rapist being on the loose (otherwise the police should have gotten to the bottom of the matter)

- She was continually offended by his slurs but to this day, she still hasn't removed him from her contacts

- She thought that texting him would constitute proof of some sort

- She had suicidal thoughts because Toby performed a song she wrote without her

- She was still in love with Toby after he tried to kill her with a drugged-up drink, and didn't take this as a warning sign that she should call the police, even though she knew there were multiple victims of his abuse

- She's conveniently friends with many of Toby's "victims," even though she was upset at certain points in their relationship that it was not exclusive, and so it would be hard to talk to the other women in a non-awkward way. Her curiosity about Toby's on-going social life was to the point where she knew about a supposedly recent incident where two of them found out about each other. In spite of being in contact with them, she tried to "spare them the gory details" for some reason 

Now, I'll be the first to admit that this isn't an airtight case against her I'm building. It just looks highly suspicious to me. She might be playing us all for fools by even dignifying the post this much.

If it's a lie, it's a truly elaborate one, but it's also hard to believe. I don't know if she has some kind of agenda, but she's a pretty trashy person if she made this all up just to defame him. Also, she could seriously hurt herself if she's discovered to be lying. Wouldn't it be libel? 

Calling someone a rapist is an extreme charge, so it's no real use being accusatory unless strong evidence comes in.

22 hours ago, DML897 said:

Reason I posted here is because I found it interesting that DSP haters are actually quite tame in comparison to some haters of people like Tobuscus. Again we shall see with more info if it comes out. Just found it interesting. 

Is this person a "hater" or someone who we should maybe dignify? Your first post and this one don't seem to match, but maybe you can clarify. 

22 hours ago, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

Tumblr Feminists like the one linked here are known for falsely accusing popular people for attention. 

Does this really happen often, and could you give some examples? Do they ever get in trouble for libel?

9 hours ago, cooper said:

More people came out with more accusations looks like it very well could be true. 

I'm not so sure. It could be that people with an agenda (or simply trolls) wanted to take advantage of this post and try to corroborate the story, making it seem like a more credible attack on him.

Again, as far as I know, there's no real evidence either way. 

Edited by KingBunghole
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

That's typically the case for these "feminists."

And if it actually did happen, report to the police the week that it happened. Don't wait several years when they are wealthy and popular lol. It looks shady.

• Upvote 1

There's no way I can believe any of this. There is no evidence, there does appear to be a motive to lie (money, scorn), and she did not go to the police or even to a hospital. 

And so help me, Phil better not read the title, glance through the article, and just go "See, I told you Tobuscus sucked" and perpetuate the allegation, because that's fucked up and that is actual slander against a person. Rape allegations are very serious and if you don't doubt anything and just stick with the primary assumption, you're going to end up hurting someone when those claims turn out to be false. 

• Upvote 1

I've never watched more than a few minutes of any Toby Turner video, and never had any desire to. The most I've ever seen of him was when he was one of the "hosts" at the Ubisoft 2011 E3 press conference and did such a horrid job, he was panned by most gamers. 

The only interaction I've ever had with Toby was when ads for Madden (2011? don't remember) showed up on my gameplay videos, and Toby was in them...but at the end of the ad, it gave a BLATANT plug to HIS gameplay channel. I felt the ads were insanely wrong, and that if you're going to advertise a game on a gameplay video, it shouldn't go hand-in-hand with advertising someone else's gameplay channel.

My video on the subject got over 100k views in a day, leading people to contact Toby about it. He then Tweeted me on social media saying "sorry, I'll have the ads taken down." I asked for a private discussion with him on the subject; he said yes, then never responded to me ever again (I'm assuming he probably muted me on Twitter or something). And that was that; after a few weeks the Madden ads stopped playing regardless, so the issue was over.

At the end of the year, in my "worst gaming trends" video series, I mentioned that "popular YouTubers" who were known for things other than gaming (such as vlogging, parodies etc.) were now HEAVILY getting into gaming...but for all the wrong reasons. Not because they 1. were good at games, 2. cared about games or 3. were even avid gamers themselves, but for MONEY. 2011 was the first major year when gameplay videos were able to be monetized on YouTube, and sadly TONS of these previously "non-gamers" jumped on the cash bandwagon. I called them out for having HEAVILY scripted, post-dubbed commentary that wasn't genuine and only done for cash.

That's the last time I've ever mentioned Toby Turner. I haven't heard a peep about him since that happened, and quite frankly? I don't give a damn. Stuff that may or may not have happened in his personal life has nothing to do with me. I've never attacked his character outside of the fact that he created a gaming channel suspiciously in conjunction with the timeframe when gameplay could be monetized, and he hadn't even MENTIONED video games EVER before that time. He's certainly not the only person to do that, but I have no respect for those kinds of people. ANYTHING for a dollar, right?

Anyway, this whole new thing coming out has nothing to do with me, and I have no desire to get caught up in any kind of unnecessary drama. Lord knows, I have enough bullshit of my own to deal with on a daily basis and don't need more. I never knew anything about Toby Turner outside of the above, and I'd like to keep it that way. That's my final thought on the subject. Thanks.

• Upvote 6

Apologies Phil. Didn't mean to make it seem like I was dragging you into drama. I just felt a need to explain why I even bothered talking about it on your site specifically. Just seemed interesting because back then (which you cited) 3-5 years ago or so you mentioned him a few times and many got angry at you for it. Again apologies if it seemed like I was trying to involve you, was not. Was justifying myself putting in these forums, which in hindsight wasn't necessary. 

For those interested, Toby has a follow up: 

It seems that some are officially coming out (not just women) who have had any kind of friendship or relationship with him saying yes he is very unstable, yes he has a drug problem, and yes he has a history of emotional abuse in relationships. The actual rape allegations are not yet confirmed. Hope he gets some help for his drug problem.  

Edited by DML897

On 4/11/2016 at 11:55 PM, BorJin said:

Glad to see Phil didn't do the scumbag thing in this situation. Good on you.

Except it's not just her but a few other women who are saying that he abused them. Saying that they have a motive of money and attention is complete bs and you're the reason more victims of sexual assault don't speak out. I'm guessing your one of the people still defending Bill Cosby. If you really think its as simple as going to the police, then you have no actual understanding of victims. With the information given i can't say if its true or not. I think its somewhere in the grey area to be honest, i think the women could be over exaggerating some of it.

Edited by cooper
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, cooper said:

Except it's not just her but a few other women who are saying that he abused them. Saying that they have a motive of money and attention is complete bs and you're the reason more victims of sexual assault don't speak out. I'm guessing your one of the people still defending Bill Cosby. If you really think its as simple as going to the police, then you have no actual understanding of victims. With the information given i can't say if its true or not. I think its somewhere in the grey area to be honest, i think the women could be over exaggerating some of it.

If there's no evidence, multiple people are reporting it, and they talk about it on social media but not to the police then it's obvious its for attention.