Jump to content
The King of Hate Forums
MasterOfAwesomeness

Death Battle - Ratchet and Clank vs. Jak and Daxter

Who Will Win?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

I've managed to avoid the Jak and Dakter games for some reason, but Ratchet has a million crazy weapons at this point. He can produce a ridiculous range of deadly afflictions (death by missile rain, meteor, mini-nuke, lava and cryo guns, poison and acid effects, vacuum gun, black hole gun, weapons that transform foes into animals, disco ball grenades that force people to dance for a while). Clank also got time manipulation in a Crack in Time. 

Do Jak and Daxter have a comparable arsenal? I've heard some murmurs about Jak having some overpowered stuff too. I'm guessing the animal-morphing weapons won't work here. 

I'm still not a fan of the logic of fictional battles for reasons I've pointed out in the past, but perhaps I'll just view the result and move on. I won't spoil the party, so enjoy, guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

Today, it was revealed by the Screw Attack Twitter account that the next DB is a battle of two well known Playstation duos.  Which duo will come out on top?

Jak and Daxter should win, but with the new R&C movie and game, I don't think they will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone that votes Ratchet and Clank has clearly never seen or played a Jak and Daxter game.

That being said this is screw attack and the R&C movie is coming out. So naturally they'll give them the win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nation said:

Anyone that votes Ratchet and Clank has clearly never seen or played a Jak and Daxter game.

That being said this is screw attack and the R&C movie is coming out. So naturally they'll give them the win.

Oh come on, I'm sure you're not the only one who thinks R&C will win because of promotional value.  Have you ever been skeptical of DB before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

Oh come on, I'm sure you're not the only one who thinks R&C will win because of promotional value.  Have you ever been skeptical of DB before?

I'm always skeptical of them.

I'm just saying J&D SHOULD win but Death Battle will clearly give it to the people that need promotion.

Much like how in Yang vs Tifa they had Yang win coz season 3 of RWBY was coming out and then magically in the next few days it was announced they were being bought by Rooster Teeth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nation said:

I'm always skeptical of them.

I'm just saying J&D SHOULD win but Death Battle will clearly give it to the people that need promotion.

Much like how in Yang vs Tifa they had Yang win coz season 3 of RWBY was coming out and then magically in the next few days it was announced they were being bought by Rooster Teeth.

Uhh I'm pretty sure Yang completely outshines Tifa in every aspect. Even when Tifa ha all her best equipment she still got destroyed by yang when she powered up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NepNep said:

Uhh I'm pretty sure Yang completely outshines Tifa in every aspect. Even when Tifa ha all her best equipment she still got destroyed by yang when she powered up.

You watched the video right? "Tifa can only lift things when using her limit break". Seriously? We're supposed to believe these people did maths and shit to calculate people's strength but then say despite strength they can't lift objects outside of their limit break?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nation said:

You watched the video right? "Tifa can only lift things when using her limit break". Seriously? We're supposed to believe these people did maths and shit to calculate people's strength but then say despite strength they can't lift objects outside of their limit break?

Well to be fair there is only so much they can find out from a videogame compared to an animated series like rwby which isn't bound by the logic of videogames. The closest thing they did have to a fair comparison was advent children which did show off how powerful tifa could be and its not as powerful as yang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NepNep said:

Well to be fair there is only so much they can find out from a videogame compared to an animated series like rwby which isn't bound by the logic of videogames. The closest thing they did have to a fair comparison was advent children which did show off how powerful tifa could be and its not as powerful as yang

Oh i never said Tifa would beat Yang. I just take issue with their reasoning and the totally unrelated fact that they were being bought by Rooster Teeth at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nation said:

Oh i never said Tifa would beat Yang. I just take issue with their reasoning and the totally unrelated fact that they were being bought by Rooster Teeth at the time.

Well I could see some bias there with that but the facts are the facts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NepNep said:

Well I could see some bias there with that but the facts are the facts

Like the fact that Link is allowed every item from every game all at once but Cloud was given his starter items and a random accessory. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nation said:

Like the fact that Link is allowed every item from every game all at once but Cloud was given his starter items and a random accessory. 

Okay I will agree that they should have just bounded link to one form so that it could have been even. At least Ocarina of time link with all weapons from that game versus cloud and his starter weapons with all limits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NepNep said:

Okay I will agree that they should have just bounded link to one form so that it could have been even. At least Ocarina of time link with all weapons from that game versus cloud and his starter weapons with all limits

Thus i rarely, if ever, trust their "facts". They claim non bias so often and yet there are multiple times where they clearly stack things in one person's favour. (Not counting like Vegeta vs Shadow or stuff like that where it clearly is in one person's favour) but you see my point. Like Mario being able to stop something moving at the speed of light coz.......... Mario

Edited by Nation
And you should never trust my facts coz i apparently can't spell "trust"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KingBunghole said:

Guys, I have to step in again here. You're being way too serious about hypothetical battles between two fictional characters. :P

Agree.  Speaking of Yang vs. Tifa, remember when the DB forums flipped out when Yang won.  I believe Yang vs. Tifa was one of the most unpopular episodes among the Screw Attack G1s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

Agree.  Speaking of Yang vs. Tifa, remember when the DB forums flipped out when Yang won.  I believe Yang vs. Tifa was one of the most unpopular episodes among the Screw Attack G1s.

I can't be upset about it since I chose Yang to win it :P

But it was most likely final fantasy fanboys complaining that they lost again, at least in my eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're honestly evenly matched. Since Jak only has 3 games we should limit the comparison to Ratchet and Clank up until Up Your Arsenal. If we allow everyone their full arsenals and powers, then Jak would have the edge, given his Light Jak powers that allow him to slow down time and create a shield around himself. Now, Ratchet has his weapons, and the main two threats would be the Zodiac and the Ryno 3, both of which obliterate every living thing on screen. Jak also has the Supernova, which does the same thing. So when you compare the two, Light Jak powers allow him to take the win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 2 responses:

1. Of course they'd pick them to win. Gotta get that promotional money

2. *Slits wrists and watches the salt pour out*

Edited by Nation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, people need to calm down and stop taking this shit two seriously.  Death Battle only does this crap for entertainment purposes only not end all fantasy fights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...