The King of Hate Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MasterOfAwesomeness

Irrelevant Randomness 4.0

So my friend notice that I'm spending my winter break watching anime left and right. He recommended me to watch an anime called Boku no Pico, I'm like "Okay but I gotta put it in backlog" he tells that its only 3 episodes, so I was like "Okay what the heck", but then I asked my sister (anime expert) if she knew about the anime. She looked at me like I was mad, she sat me down at my computer and put a video called "Don't watch an anime called Boku". My god I started laughing my ass off, by looks of it I thought it was going to some weird hentai. I looked at Wikipedia, to see what the anime was about before watching it....

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll262/eyeconseeyou/alphabetically/gif/OH-MY-GOD.gif

I couldn't believe what I was reading, so I said fuck it lets just watch 1 episode and back out before shit gets to weird...

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130211050004/friends/images/d/da/Shocked.gif

I COULDN'T DO IT! I COULDN'T GET PASS THE FUCKING INTRO.

That's it, I'm done with anime for a while.

http://gamenight.4leafcoder.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/game-over-man-game-over.jpg

So my friend notice that I'm spending my winter break watching anime left and right. He recommended me to watch an anime called Boku no Pico, I'm like "Okay but I gotta put it in backlog" he tells that its only 3 episodes, so I was like "Okay what the heck", but then I asked my sister (anime expert) if she knew about the anime. She looked at me like I was mad, she sat me down at my computer and put a video called "Don't watch an anime called Boku". My god I started laughing my ass off, by looks of it I thought it was going to some weird hentai. I looked at Wikipedia, to see what the anime was about before watching it....

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll262/eyeconseeyou/alphabetically/gif/OH-MY-GOD.gif

I couldn't believe what I was reading, so I said fuck it lets just watch 1 episode and back out before shit gets to weird...

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130211050004/friends/images/d/da/Shocked.gif

I COULDN'T DO IT! I COULDN'T GET PASS THE FUCKING INTRO.

That's it, I'm done with anime for a while.

http://gamenight.4leafcoder.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/game-over-man-game-over.jpg

​Damn that sucks man, I almost for the Boku No Pico trap till I looked it up and just "Fuck this, ain't watching it".

​Damn that sucks man, I almost for the Boku No Pico trap till I looked it up and just "Fuck this, ain't watching it".

​Which is funny because that reminds me of the Boku No Pico copypasta.

Good choice, though. :P

Man, so far this season of anime has been pretty terrible...

Kuroko No Basket, Ald Noah and Absolute Duo are the ones to watch this season (This doesn't include ones like Durara, I haven't watched the first season of that)

2 episodes of Tengen toppa Gurren Lagann and I am HOOKED.

​I find Gurren lagann really hard to get into for some reason don't know why but then I fucking love kill la kill which I'm pretty sure are both made by the same guys 

• Upvote 1

​I find Gurren lagann really hard to get into for some reason don't know why but then I fucking love kill la kill which I'm pretty sure are both made by the same guys 

​Yeah, I started watching Gurren Lagann after seeing Kill La Kill, I dunno. They're both kinda different genres but i'm very into Mecha stuff so Gurren Lagann works fine for me :D

​Yeah, I started watching Gurren Lagann after seeing Kill La Kill, I dunno. They're both kinda different genres but i'm very into Mecha stuff so Gurren Lagann works fine for me :D

​I like mecha stuff though I get to like the 3rd episode and loose interest for no reason 

• Upvote 1

​I like mecha stuff though I get to like the 3rd episode and loose interest for no reason 

​Huh, my friend said the exact same thing the other day lol. I'm on ep 5 so far and still enjoying it ^^!

• Upvote 1

I feel like SAO2 managed to repeat a mistake from it's first season. The first season had a great first half, then the second half went down the toilet. The second season, in my opinion, had a great first half and again, the second half just bore me and wasn't that great. It's a shame that such potential was wasted both times after the first half finished, especially with the first season.

Man, so far this season of anime has been pretty terrible...

Kuroko No Basket, Ald Noah and Absolute Duo are the ones to watch this season (This doesn't include ones like Durara, I haven't watched the first season of that)

Death Parade is a great anime which is airing this season. Really unique.

I feel like SAO2 managed to repeat a mistake from it's first season. The first season had a great first half, then the second half went down the toilet. The second season, in my opinion, had a great first half and again, the second half just bore me and wasn't that great. It's a shame that such potential was wasted both times after the first half finished, especially with the first season.

I actually preferred the second half of SAO 2. It was slow in places, but the Mother's Rosario arc was done really well. I thought the ending was pretty moving.

Death Parade is a great anime which is airing this season. Really unique.

​When I read that on the Neregate chart it said it was a alternate retelling of a movie and I didn't really know how I felt about a movie being stretched into a 12 episode anime, maybe i'll give it a look later =p

​When I read that on the Neregate chart it said it was a alternate retelling of a movie and I didn't really know how I felt about a movie being stretched into a 12 episode anime, maybe i'll give it a look later =p

​How many animes have you been watching this season? lol

​How many animes have you been watching this season? lol

1. ​Log Horizon
  2. Cross Ange
  3. Shirobako
  4. Absolute Due
  5. Tokyo Ghoul
  6. Saenai Heroine
  7. Kuroko No Basket
  8. Aldnoah.Zero
  9. Junketsu no Maria
  10. Seiken Tsukai
  11. Isuca
  12. Shinmai Maou no Testament
  13. Koufuku Graffiti (Dropped, what a rubbish anime)
  14. Kiseijuu
  15. Juuou Mujin no Fafnir
  16. Anime de Wakaru (Hasn't started airing yet)
  17. Yowamushi Pedal
  18. Majin Bone
  19. World Trigger

That's not to bad compared to some other seasons where i've watched 25+ anime =p Out of those anime i'd only recommend Yowamushi Pedal, Absolute Due, World Trigger, Tokyo Ghoul, Kuroko no Basket, Aldnoah.Zero and Kiseijuu. All the other ones are average or just below average, they haven't done anything that great and they're 2-3 episodes in.

​It's not a retelling. it's a continuation. The series is mostly episodic to begin with, each episode follows different characters. The plot that was used for the movie doesn't even appear in the anime. The movie is still worth watching though, but the series isn't a retelling at all.