The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 60 - Late June 2016

Hello! Please post up your questions for the next episode of Ask the King here! It's tentatively scheduled for late June 2016 right now. Thanks!

Hey DSP, long time fan here. I'm not sure how many of your fans know, but before a couple of years back you were a big part of the WWE Supercard community. I always remembered seeing you post on the forums giving tips and showing off the newer cards ect. Is there a reason why you stopped playing the game? Too time consuming maybe? I've continued to play but have come to realize how toxic the community really is and I've just always wondered why you quit when you were one of the bigger, if not the biggest names back in the games early years. Thanks for your time!

• Upvote 1

Hey Phil, I remember a year or so ago you saying that all your videos on THEKINGOFHATEHD got hidden because you didn't log in to accept YouTube's new terms of service.

Do you have any plans to log in and do this? I mainly ask because it had a lot of your early DSP Tries It episodes and I really wanted to see the KFC Double Down episode that you always talk about, but have never been able to because of this.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Hey Phil 

Ever since the announcement of a upgraded PS4,Xbox one and Nintendo's NX console coming at E3 or already been announced will you be buying the upgraded consoles when they release just 3 years into the PS4 and Xbox one's lifespan?

• Upvote 1

Hey Phil

In the last Ask the King it seemed you were frustrated with some aspects of your work schedule.  As someone who is self employed and your own boss, why don't you adjust your schedule to fit what you want?

Thanks!

Nevermind! Realize you addressed this in part 2.

Edited by Jackson5
I watched part 2

Hi, Phil. I'm a bit disappointed to watch the latest Ask The King, only to find that my list of questions was ignored entirely. I was hoping that even one question from my list would be answered, but you said nothing. I put a good amount of time into making up those questions, and while some may have been outdated by the time it came time to film Ask The King, I still felt that it would at least be some gesture of goodwill to get a shoutout or something to that effect.

I would like to re-submit my list of questions, but seeing how the long-form wall of text list doesn't seem to work, I would like to ask what to do to submit the full list of questions without having to sacrifice any. After all, Phil is often asking for at least 50-100 questions for ATK, and I just want to help.

What should I do?

31 minutes ago, BruticusMaximus said:

Hi, Phil. I'm a bit disappointed to watch the latest Ask The King, only to find that my list of questions was ignored entirely. I was hoping that even one question from my list would be answered, but you said nothing. I put a good amount of time into making up those questions, and while some may have been outdated by the time it came time to film Ask The King, I still felt that it would at least be some gesture of goodwill to get a shoutout or something to that effect.

I would like to re-submit my list of questions, but seeing how the long-form wall of text list doesn't seem to work, I would like to ask what to do to submit the full list of questions without having to sacrifice any. After all, Phil is often asking for at least 50-100 questions for ATK, and I just want to help.

What should I do?

You must have not read my PM then, since I told you that you needed to cut down on the amount of questions you post. Only post 1-2 questions per month. He's not gonna bother reading through a huge list of questions just to find one or two to answer.

9 hours ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

You must have not read my PM then, since I told you that you needed to cut down on the amount of questions you post. Only post 1-2 questions per month. He's not gonna bother reading through a huge list of questions just to find one or two to answer.

I did read your PM, but I had faith that Phil would have still read through my list anyways. I can see now that's not the case.

I suppose if I had to limit myself to two questions, it would be the following:

1. When the channel first premiered, you claimed that the name “KOGaming” had a double meaning. While one of those meanings is obviously the knock-out/boxing imagery, you have never revealed what that second meaning is. Do you plan to reveal that second meaning any time soon?
  2. A short question regarding Project 7: I’ve seen some YT comments asking if it would be okay to use the “Project 7” name for other projects outside of your creation; that is, some people want to make a fan version of Project 7. Would it be okay for fans to use “Project 7” or some variation on that name in their own video projects, or do you still plan to do something with the name?

Hey Phil,

What is your opinion on the original Superman quadrilogy compared to the newer films, the Salkinds' decision of replacing Richard Donner on Superman II, and the direction they took the franchise with Superman III?

Thanks for reading and hopefully answering my questions.

Ahoy Phil,

Have you ever looked into a game called Path of Exile? It's the spiritual successor to Diablo 2, made by some Kiwi's who didn't like the direction Blizzard was going. Its a rather deep game that I feel you could find pretty satisfying, seeing as you can make/do/create any build you want due to the EXTENSIVE skill tree and being able to create skills that fit your play style.

I remember you played Diablo 3 several years back and seemed to have a lot of fun with it, so I feel this would go over similarly. Also its pretty trollproof, unlike that WoW bullshit.

Peace broham, keep pumping out the good shit.

Hello DSP I have an interesting question for you, it's a what if question but it's interesting none the less, if Nintendo ends up going out of business in the future and Sony and Microsoft are still neck and neck in the gaming industry where do you think the popular Nintendo characters will go? Will they get split between the two companies or do you think that one company will get all the characters? Or will they just die out and not even go to the other companies. Also a follow up question do you think the companies will try to keep the Nintendo characters close to what they were or change how their games will be played overall?

Edited by WhovianDragon

6 hours ago, BruticusMaximus said:

I did read your PM, but I had faith that Phil would have still read through my list anyways. I can see now that's not the case.

I suppose if I had to limit myself to two questions, it would be the following:

1. When the channel first premiered, you claimed that the name “KOGaming” had a double meaning. While one of those meanings is obviously the knock-out/boxing imagery, you have never revealed what that second meaning is. Do you plan to reveal that second meaning any time soon?
  2. A short question regarding Project 7: I’ve seen some YT comments asking if it would be okay to use the “Project 7” name for other projects outside of your creation; that is, some people want to make a fan version of Project 7. Would it be okay for fans to use “Project 7” or some variation on that name in their own video projects, or do you still plan to do something with the name?

I'm not gonna promise anything, but if you'd like to PM me the list of questions I'll ask a couple in place of my own as part of my Guaranteed-to-be-answered patron questions for the month. Of course if I think of something else to ask I'm going to. But I can't think of anything as of right now, and might as well use my Patron perk.

9 hours ago, biopticstream said:

I'm not gonna promise anything, but if you'd like to PM me the list of questions I'll ask a couple in place of my own as part of my Guaranteed-to-be-answered patron questions for the month. Of course if I think of something else to ask I'm going to. But I can't think of anything as of right now, and might as well use my Patron perk.

Thanks for the offer!

The full list of questions can be found here in the previous thread. Feel free to pick and choose any questions you want to omit; as I say in the post, some of the questions are outdated or redundant, and I believe one or two that were duplicates of other questions asked in the thread WERE answered in the ATK episode.

What do you think of the controversy created when Warner Brothers and Netherrealm Studios decided to pull support for the PC port of Mortal Kombat X within a year of it's release?  Do you think game developers and publishers in the FGC are justified in the recent trend of ignoring/lying to the PC market?  Thanks Phil!

On 4/29/2016 at 11:53 PM, I_Will_Break_You said:

Hey Phil 

Seeing as you prefer east coast pizza I always wondered what kind of frozen pizzas do you prefer if you wanted a quick pizza fix ex. DiGiorno, Red Baron etc?

Hi Phill,

well i just saw your part 3 of ask the king of the month of april and my question is this.

What´s your take on the selfcalled "youtubers" that created their channels based on your content with series of "this is how you dont play".

channels like "almighty tevin", "fred fuchs" and "sevastapool queen". the 1st one i meationed literally does reviews your shows like the " the week in preview" our even "ask the king" for 1hour and a half talking shit about you and your gf too. Isnt that stealing your content to promote themselfs as a channel on youtube. Couldnt you flag them for copyright?

Finally, if you didnt post so much info about your personal life on youtube and social media wouldnt you be less exposed to this type of criticism?

love your content keep up the good work and greatings from Portugal, Europe.

Hey Phil, I want to talk to about something that involves the world of the internet. In particularly, the term: Childhood ruined. First off, I don't like the term. I understand if a person grew up with ninja turtles would be disgusted by a drawing of the ninja turtles gang banging April O Neil and the person would say: that drawing ruins the ninja turtles for me. I get that. But if a person would say something like: I watched the trailer of the new Ghostbusters movie, it ruined my childhood. The part I don't get. This term seems to be use on things like remakes, reboots, adaptations, or parodies on certain things that people enjoy in their youth or sexualize art of cartoon characters known as Rule 34. While I have nothing against people who make rule 34 art, these people get a lot of hate on the internet. But the people who attack them don't really have to do that because nobody is forcing you to look at rule 34 art and if your disgusted by it, then stay away from that stuff and don't let it destroy the cartoon you grew up with. However, I feel like the term is use so much on the internet that it's staring to get annoying. The last time I heard this term being used is when the 2014 TMNT film was coming out, people made a huge fuss about how it's ruining their childhood. Funny enough, Doug Walker said that if you let a little thing like that ruined your childhood, you had no childhood. So with all that said, What you thoughts on the term: Childhood ruined?

Hello Phillip! You haven't talked about your back for a long time. What is the situation now? Since you haven't really talked about it much, I've figured that it's not that bad as it used to be. Hope to hear a positive answer. Thanks!

Do you think that developers that make "barebones" team shooter games completely forgot that Team Fortress 2 was originally part of The Orange Box (featuring TF2, Portal and all episodes of Half-Life 2)?

Hello DSP, My question for you is a little bit personal but I hope you'll still answer it, How has being with Leanna affected your life? I don't mean the obvious changes like moving, I mean the behind the scenes changes like how has she changed your personality or how has she changed the way you thought about some things.

Edited by WhovianDragon

Hey Phil, I remember way back in the day when you made those videos about SOPA/PIPA you mentioned that you were actually approached by some people writing a book or something about that event. If I remember correctly you turned them down because you didn't feel your actions warranted the credit they wanted to give you. My question is if a similar opportunity arises in the future would you have a different mindset about the situation? For example, if some people wanted to do a documentary about the history of youtube gaming channels, or on the fighting game community, or even on internet bullying would you be more willing to be a part of the project than you would have in the past?

This next part is a bit tangential but throughout your career here on YouTube I feel like you've always had this "lone wolf" attitude. I think it might help to step outside of your comfort zone and try to make connections with your peers in the online gaming community. You've mentioned previously that you don't get many offers for collaborations but I think it's time for you to be the one to make offers instead of waiting for them to come to you.