The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 60 - Late June 2016

Hello Phil I'm not sure if you were aware, but according to Nintendo's CEO Tatsumi Kimishima in an interview Nintendo is planning to make a movie within the next five years. Due to the fact that most video game based movies usually turn out to be pretty disappointing and the fact that Nintendo has already been failing within the video game industry I don't believe that this is a good idea by Nintendo. The only way I could see this succeeding is if they stay away from a live action movie and make an animated film. What do you think about this Phil and what Nintendo games would you like to see on the big screen? I personally would like to see either Fire Emblem or Metroid any other Nintendo game I couldn't see as a movie no matter if it's live action or anime.

Edited by Jamar

With DOOM and Overwatch this year, do you think 2016 might be for first-person shooters what 2009 was for fighting games with Street Fighter 4?

• Upvote 1

Hello Phillip! In Homefront the revolution playthrough you started singing ''Twisted Transistor'' from the band Korn. My question is what metal or rock bands did you listen to when you were younger and do you listen to any metal bands now? Thanks!

I recently read an article about comcast, apparently they're raising their data cap to 1,000 GB or 1 TB per month in "trial markets" as an experiment. With the amount of videos you post daily I was curious, on average how many gigabytes of data do you use per month?

Hi Phil, with the obvious weight loss across the years, the different climate in Seattle and your back seeming to being in better shape, could you share with us an update on your health? In conjunction, do you take painkillers, is your health insurance sorted out and finally would you ever consider using medicinal marihuana since it is legal now in the state of Washington?

Thanks !

• Upvote 1

Hey Phil,

I just wanted to ask what ever happened to your Hate Live! podcast. I loved that series especially the back in the day segment. Will it ever come back? Thanks for answering the question and keep up the good work. 

Hey Phil,

I was wondering if you have ever considered doing a classic FPS marathon and/or playthrough as a Patreon goal. The type of classic FPSs I have in mind are Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior (original), Quake II, and Doom. All of these, with the exception of DN3D (which is only officially available on Xbox Live), are available on Steam. I think it would add variety to your Patreon goals and be interesting to watch you play these classics that helped define the FPS genre, which some of your viewers may not have played. I recently went back and played these games and was blown away by how much better their gameplay is than most modern shooters. Doom II has a great mod called Brutal Doom that updates the game to be more like a modern shooter while maintaining the essence of what makes it so great. I wholeheartedly would pledge in order to see you play these and I think your viewers would as well. 

Sincerely,

Zaf

Hey Phil

I want to know if you will be willing to bring back your Hate Live podcast series. Thanks in advance 

Edited by iamkurla249
  • Upvote 1

Hello, Phil.

First yes, it's me. Let's not get into that right now and please don't ban me because I never have and never will troll you. I was wondering if, in the future, you'd consider trying to make peace with your detractors. I know I WAS one but I've seen the error of my ways and desire to be more neutral.

No problem if this doesn't appeal; perhaps they are too set in their ways now. Just a suggestion. :)

• Upvote 1

Hey Phi, 

It's Christian again, not long ago you answered my question on one of the episodes of Ask the king. Since then I haven't been on because I was in college and kept losing track of your videos  Now that is summer, I wanted to ask you a question about E3 gameplay. Do you ever thought or think when you play games see the difference between E3 and the retail version? If you don't know what I mean, care to watch this video and see what are your reactions and thoughts on this. Do you think They can be sue? 

See you soon,

christian

Edited by Meteo_Zegarra2018
  • Upvote 1

Hey phil I was wondering if you were gonna play the modern warfare remaster, possibly some multiplayer or at least the campaign, I remember back in the day before MW2 came out you said you were a big fan of modern warfare 1.

Hello Phil, have you heard about the Cascadia fault? It is a "subduction zone" that lies beneath the length of the west coast. It has historically rendered large earthquakes every two - five hundred years. It's last quake occurred in 1700, that was 316 years ago. It was estimated to be an 8.7 magnitude, the recent Japanese quake was a 9.0. FEMA recently preformed their "Cascadia rising" project, a drill to test the readiness of responders when "the big one" happens. It's a ways off, but inevitable. Do you feel you'll be safe in relation to this natural disaster? Would you be the type of person to "prep" for things like this, buying excess supplies etc. ? If shit hits the fan, you know you've got roots CT.

Edited by googleSatellite
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jokercat8 said:

Hey phil I was wondering if you were gonna play the modern warfare remaster, possibly some multiplayer or at least the campaign, I remember back in the day before MW2 came out you said you were a big fan of modern warfare 1.

I'll save you some time: He isn't. He says this in his Worst of E3 2016 vid. A little silly, I think. But ah well....

Phil I doubt that you ever got this question, but how do you do your hair? When I try to slick it back it doesn't really work, it gets destroyed after 20 minutes and looks like shit. Can you give me some advice on how you make your hair stay the way it is and how long does that process take? Have a great one!

7 minutes ago, FinalLight said:

Phil I doubt that you ever got this question, but how do you do your hair? When I try to slick it back it doesn't really work, it gets destroyed after 20 minutes and looks like shit. Can you give me some advice on how you make your hair stay the way it is and how long does that process take? Have a great one!

Ummmmmm.......

Hello Phil 

I have two questions if you don't mind me asking:

1.) As a Fighting game aficionado (almost) do you think anime fighting gamea like the Naruto Ninja Storm series, or even The Dragon Ball Z fighting games should be taken to a competitive nature? 

2.) This one is kinda personal, but im going to be a high school senior and that means that i have to think about my future and i have a good feeling on what i want to do when i go on to the real world, but at the same time its really tough trying to think on what college to go to and even to get accepted, So my question is this what advice would you give to someone who is looking to get into a good college and also maintain a solid GPA? 

ANYWAY continue what your are doing all Phil you lovable badass

Edited by ARoman318
The question didn't make sense i wanted to revise it

This has been something that the internet has annoyed me with for some time, so I need to ask about it. A while ago I asked you about censorship in Nintendo games like Xenoblade Chronicles X (which I don't think is censorship but localization). This year, there was Fire Emblem Fates where they removed a part of the game where you got to pet characters in a sauna to bond with them ala Pokemon X and Y's Pokemon Amie, which I don't think fits in FE at all so I don't care about this removal. Also, the upcoming game (will be out already when you read this) Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE has been getting blasted because Atlus changed a few outfits to be less revealing as a localization change. People are in an uproar over this and it's been getting slammed on every video Nintendo makes of this to boycott it, just like the failed attempt at boycotting FE Fates for the "censorship". It just leaves me confused at this point and the question has to be asked - where is the line drawn between censorship and localization? Does any small change = censorship these days? If Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door was released this year when people learned that Vivian in the US only was just female compared to the rest of the world where Vivian was transgender, would people have slammed this amazing game the same way they've been slamming today's games as censorship? Nobody really complained about this change back then, so would this have been a big issue for the game now? Thanks for reading, just trying to vent and get another person's viewpoint on this.

• Upvote 1

Hey Phil,

Do you think no one cares about GamerGate anymore because of how the left wing media blasted the movement and accused them of being sexist?  Should GamerGate been given a chance to change gaming journalism or was GamerGate dead from the start?

MoA

Hey Phil,

A bit of a personal question, I'm a 24 African American male who loves Rock/Metal, wrestling, video games, and have a girl friend who is Caucasian t for the past 3 year and throughout my Life I have been tease, and bullied for not being the term "black enough" and even called a "sellout".... for not liking a lot of things in in black culture such as Rap music, women on my own race, and for speaking articulate, i never seem to fit in with alot of people of my own kind...do you have any tips of over coming it?

Edited by Rockman303
Sumbited on accident

Hey Phil, I have been a fan of yours for a while now and I have always enjoyed your interesting and hilarious commentary during your gameplay. It's obvious that you love what you do and that you wouldn't do anything else. My question is, is there a specific game or console that you played as a child that made you love videogames and everything associated with them? I'm also wondering about how you feel regarding the whole thing going on in WWE right now, as far as Dean finally getting the push he deserves and all that. Thank you so much for everything you've done and keep being you-

Zac

10 minutes ago, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

Hey Phil,

Do you think no one cares about GamerGate anymore because of how the left wing media blasted the movement and accused them of being sexist?  Should GamerGate been given a chance to change gaming journalism or was GamerGate dead from the start?

MoA

I'd say dead from the start.

Hi Phil.

Perhaps you have heard of the update to YouTube's ToS. They modified it yesterday and added this:

• Incitement to harass other users or creators

For a list of all the harassment and cyberbullying guidelines, you can check them out here: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2802268?hl=en

So my question is this: Are you going to take advantage of this ToS update and report the sociopaths that make those stupid videos about you? I really think you should do that so we can get rid of the negative and sick people that does those kinds of videos.

Thanks for reading and keep up the good job.

Edited by Danielswe

hi Phil, how do you stay so positive during tough times? I've seen you go through some really difficult times of your life, and you managed to stay above the surface and never give up. It would be good to understand your frame of mind. 

Hi Phil,

I have two questions for you about kingdom hearts

I was wondering are you going to play Kingdom hearts 2.8 HD when it release in sometime December which it is going to be a full retail price of $59.99 which I may not buy it even though I am a huge kingdom hearts fan.

I also want to know what do you think about Kingdom Hearts 3 going to run on epic games Unreal Engine 4?

Thanks for answering my questions and keep up the great work.

Edited by tylersimba