The King of Hate Forums
Static Veins

Forum Rules & Regulations

I believe there should be an exception for posting something back to back. I can fully understand that creating more than 1 identical topic is an issue. 

But if you create a topic, and get no replies... to add a post to get people to join in shouldn't be punishable. Otherwise the topic will die.

Ultimately, if someone creates a topic, you shouldn't be restricted and held back for making the topic get more views and wanna grow.

I posted something now, and just realised I was the last person beforw that to post something... now I'm gonna get another warning point. For that I really to apologise. 

But if I have something awesome to add to a topic, I'm going to post it regardless of who posted anything before.

Don't change your rules,  just think about a few amendments in my opinion.

Thanks for reading :)

I believe there should be an exception for posting something back to back. I can fully understand that creating more than 1 identical topic is an issue. 

But if you create a topic, and get no replies... to add a post to get people to join in shouldn't be punishable. Otherwise the topic will die.

Ultimately, if someone creates a topic, you shouldn't be restricted and held back for making the topic get more views and wanna grow.

I posted something now, and just realised I was the last person beforw that to post something... now I'm gonna get another warning point. For that I really to apologise. 

But if I have something awesome to add to a topic, I'm going to post it regardless of who posted anything before.

Don't change your rules,  just think about a few amendments in my opinion.

Thanks for reading :)

​Ultimately if nobody replies to a topic it might mean that the interest in said topic is low or nonexistent.

​Ultimately if nobody replies to a topic it might mean that the interest in said topic is low or nonexistent.

​Hope you'll eventually read the whole post. You've completely missed the point I was making sadly. I'm legitimately trying to just get a professional response from someone. 

And all I got after almost 20 hours is someone stating the obvious. I'm not trying to mean or anything, and apologise if you think I am. Just very irritating when there's a "Rules and Regulations" Topic with no one really caring...

The "no double posting" rule is there to decrease spam. It refers to posting multiple posts in quick succession in the same thread.

If you double post something accidentally, edit your post to mention it and a mod can merge the posts together.

The "no double posting" rule is there to decrease spam. It refers to posting multiple posts in quick succession in the same thread.

If you double post something accidentally, edit your post to mention it and a mod can merge the posts together.

​Thank you for the response, I'm very well aware of what the rules are. I was addressing an issue of the rules being possibly updated.

There's many people on this forum who's had the same frustration. Believe me I'm nor trying to a pain in any way. There's a lot of drama already. A slight amendment could rectify this.

I hope you'll at the very least have a discussion and consider the pros and cons.

Thanks for reading

​Thank you for the response, I'm very well aware of what the rules are. I was addressing an issue of the rules being possibly updated.

There's many people on this forum who's had the same frustration. Believe me I'm nor trying to a pain in any way. There's a lot of drama already. A slight amendment could rectify this.

I hope you'll at the very least have a discussion and consider the pros and cons.

Thanks for reading

​We're always open to discussion, that's why this thread was left open rather than closed as soon as the rules were open. As it stands, these are the rules, but if members take issues with certain ones and we believe it would be beneficial to change them, then they may be amended.

• Upvote 2

​We're always open to discussion, that's why this thread was left open rather than closed as soon as the rules were open. As it stands, these are the rules, but if members take issues with certain ones and we believe it would be beneficial to change them, then they may be amended.

​Really appreciate the response and understanding. Thanks again

As a result of the current events, I ask if there will be ever a rule or moderating the case in which a normal user acts like a moderator and basically backseat moderates a thread, therefore derailing it. For calling the mods there is a report button and no need to act like having mod rights despite being a normal user. Lately it happened in several threads and cause nuisance to forum users who want a civil and polite discussion.

• Upvote 4

Rule #1 should be rewritten to cover all users, preventing people from using a name that closely resembles your own or appears to associate with you.

Rule #1 should be rewritten to cover all users, preventing people from using a name that closely resembles your own or appears to associate with you.

I don't think the work or time of trying to find clones would really be useful. If it covers all the users then you have to consider that it covers even people who aren't even online much (or at all). I think, for now, that the rule is fine, since this is really just Phil's forum. No need to bring pointless work on top of what the mods have to deal with already.

EDIT: Actually, if the rule has to be altered any, I think it should be added that Mods shouldn't be impersonated as well. That would at least make it manageable.

Edited by Cless
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FireEmblemFan said:

Just curious, is there an unwritten rule about not necro-posting? (posting on relatively dead topics)

As long as the topic isn't locked, you're free to post on there. It's useful if there's updates to some topics or if you just want to try to revive the topic.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SilentWarrior25 said:

As long as the topic isn't locked, you're free to post on there. It's useful if there's updates to some topics or if you just want to try to revive the topic.

Ah thank you for the speedy answer SilentWarrior! =P 

Something that should be added to the rules is something that has become quite an issue recently. Backseat modding. Im fine with people trying to persuade an argument away from conflict but there have been a few people (I won't list names) who decide for themelves who gets banned or what thread gets locked. In some cases I think some of them conspire to get threads locked by starting shit. That kind of behavior should not be allowed and is starting to annoy me.

If Im doing something wrong report me the mods will give me a warning. If they don't then you have no right to call me out no anything. And while we're at it I don't think it's clear enough that all forum members should treat eachother equally. The people doing this act like they are above the rules and claim we're trolls trying to ruin the forum when we aren't doing anything wrong. Sometimes they even go as far as harrassment. It needs to stop.

• Upvote 1

Just going to say again, I think there should be restrictions on new posters. They shouldn't be able to create topics immediately after joining the forum.

• Upvote 1

That sounds like too much red tape if a fan merely wants to jump in with a legit topic that needs to be addressed quickly (if there aren't many legit users registering these days, one is forced to wonder: why?).

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, KGhaleon said:

Just going to say again, I think there should be restrictions on new posters. They shouldn't be able to create topics immediately after joining the forum.

Great idea lets alienate new fans trying to get into the forums by restricting what they can do. If they want to partake in a thread or start a new thread why should they be restricted. If they have something to contribute why should they be immediately censored.

Edited by Dnoltie

Just now, Dnoltie said:

Great idea lets alienate new fans trying to get into the forums by restricting what they can do. If they want to partake in a thread or start a new thread why should they be restricted. If they have something to contribute why should they be immediately censored.

Because there is a clear problem with troll accounts right now, for any other forum I would agree with you.

It's hard to say. Some people will just come in and make drama threads like the one that appeared tonight as KG said. But we can't alienate legit users from creating their own topics if they want to discuss something legitimate. So honestly I'm not too sure if there is a solution to this at this time.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, KGhaleon said:

Notion denied.  We can't restrict brand new members of any freedoms.  If they sign up and make a troll thread then we'll take care of the problem almost immediately.  

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

Notion denied.  We can't restrict brand new members of any freedoms.  If they sign up and make a troll thread then we'll take care of the problem almost immediately.  

Ok thanks for the response.

4 hours ago, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

If they sign up and make a troll thread then we'll take care of the problem almost immediately.

Yet 90% of the time, Phil has to lock the threads himself when it's obvious it was a troll thread.

I was thinking maybe you could put most of the forum to members only. Usually when something controversial happens, we get like 50 guests looking at the same topic. I've seen some forums do it before, but not sure if you can do it with the new IP boards and all.