The King of Hate Forums
Static Veins

Forum Rules & Regulations

11 minutes ago, Yufi said:

Welcome to the spin zone, who spins harder, Phil or BrightSideViking? I think the latter takes the cake.

you actually, you're like a dreidel spinning out of control. One ounce of intelligente and it is blatantly obvious. 

5 hours ago, BrightSideViking said:

I am sorry, but are you unable to understand the situation? He says it is wrong making fun of a religious figure because of the atrocious attacks on a french satire magazine.

The reason they attacked the magazine was because they made a mohammad caricature. He is saying look what happened in France you should not be making fun of religion. That is what the exact message the terrorist where trying to send killing innocent people. I don't understand how this person can come in here, support Islamic views on censorship, and you're questioning me?

shame.jpg

So you are accusing another member of supporting terrorism. Wow. That's a report.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, TraditionalGames said:

So you are accusing another member of supporting terrorism. Wow. That's a report.

Accusing? no, stating the fact that he is. I am not the one in the wrong here. He indirectly supports terrorism with his statements. 

So I was reading through the forum rules and I noticed this at the bottom of the first post:

On 1/11/2015 at 0:22 PM, Static Veins said:

Disclaimer

This site is owned by Phil Burnell, a.k.a. DarksydePhil, and operated by himself and his moderation staff. It is an integral part of his business and as such the running and operation of the board is at his discretion.

Sometimes judgement calls must be made. These rules are here to ensure the forum remains a fun and friendly place for its members, but they are not the be-all and end-all of ensuring this. DarksydePhil and his moderation staff reserve the right to amend the rules at any point and reprimand members who act in an uncivilized manner not otherwise stated in the list above. The bottom line is if you are making this site an unpleasant experience for others, you will be dealt with appropriately.

Above all; please be kind and civil to one another. And most of all, have fun!

Doesn't this disclaimer invalidate all of the forum rules that were just talked about above it?

11 minutes ago, Sam said:

So I was reading through the forum rules and I noticed this at the bottom of the first post:

Doesn't this disclaimer invalidate all of the forum rules that were just talked about above it?

Who are you? Are you above the law?

12 minutes ago, Ivor_Dehaney said:

Who are you? Are you above the law?

What? Where did you get that idea?

I'm asking why after laying out some standard but good forum rules, is there a disclaimer at the bottom that effectively nullifies those rules. This sentence specifically "DarksydePhil and his moderation staff reserve the right to amend the rules at any point and reprimand members who act in an uncivilized manner not otherwise stated in the list above" translates to none of the rules mean anything because the staff can amend(ignore) the rules at any point, but don't even have to cause they can also punish you for anything they feel like.

This is very confusing. I hope you can understand why.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Sam said:

What? Where did you get that idea?

I'm asking why after laying out some standard but good forum rules, is there a disclaimer at the bottom that effectively nullifies those rules. This sentence specifically "DarksydePhil and his moderation staff reserve the right to amend the rules at any point and reprimand members who act in an uncivilized manner not otherwise stated in the list above" translates to none of the rules mean anything because the staff can amend(ignore) the rules at any point, but don't even have to cause they can also punish you for anything they feel like.

This is very confusing. I hope you can understand why.

I do not think that is their intention. I believe the meaning is along the lines of; in addition, to these rules if DSP or the mods believe you committed an act that is bannable they can ban you. Although, the act you committed was not explicitly stated as an action that could violate the rules. That doesn't mean you can break the rules, and that they are null and void.

17 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

I do not think that is their intention. I believe the meaning is along the lines of; in addition, to these rules if DSP or the mods believe you committed an act that is bannable they can ban you. Although, the act you committed was not explicitly stated as an action that could violate the rules. That doesn't mean you can break the rules, and that they are null and void.

He didn't mean nullifies as in we can break the rules. He meant it as in we can get banned because Phil or one of the mods was having a bad day and came to the forums pissed off regardless of whether we did anything wrong. In my opinion this is one reason the sections of the forums about Phil get so little activity. People are afraid to express their opinions because they know they can easily get banned for it just because someone didn't like it.

Edited by VaultHunter23

22 minutes ago, VaultHunter23 said:

He didn't mean nullifies as in we can break the rules. He meant it as in we can get banned because Phil or one of the mods was having a bad day and came to the forums pissed off regardless of whether we did anything wrong.

Yes, this is closer to what I meant. It doesn't even have to be a bad day. That disclaimer says you can be reprimanded for any reason by a member of staff. Basically that no matter what, you are always wrong and they are always right, so if whatever they say goes at any given moment, then having written rules, that may or may not apply depending on the situation, is a little pointless.

Forum rules, in my experience at least, have always been a definitive list of the things you can't do and what happens if you do them. So long as you don't do anything on the list, you are free from moderation. The list of course can be updated as things arise, but it's a public thing that is stated and usually isn't just the whim of a single person. This is why I referred to them as void in this case. Like I said though, this is only my experience, so maybe that's where the problem lies. If the rules embody a different sentiment for anybody else, then please share. I'd be interested to hear it.

Edit: Okay so I just saw Phil's post at the top of the page and I think I may be barking up the wrong tree here.

Edited by Sam

is it within the rules to insult/abuse others using other languages other than english? I found this below and thought I would check.

16 hours ago, BrightSideViking said:

press the button for subtitles Kono yarou aho

Edited by Bailey_Dakota

Not to discredit your claim Bailey but the context of this is actually hilarious since this reply tightsideviking sent you was based on the fact you couldn't understand the embeded video because it was in japanese, but you found out how to translate Japanese swear words. The definition of an oxymoron really.

*BrightSideViking

• Upvote 1

I do find it quite hilarious that Bailey will refuse to watch a video where he just has to press a button to get English subtitles but will go out of his way to translate something BSV said if there's a chance he can report him yet again.

Edited by Nation

Are you one of these social justice types bore_tech?  You seem to take literal offence to everything whether it's offensive or not while having little digs at others yourself.  Maybe if you, and others on this site, learned to ignore such frivolous banter there would be far less bickering on these very pages.

*Borg_Tech

Edited by BrotherLono
auto correct error
  • Upvote 1

Ha, "Autocorrect error"....
sure.
Mimicry is the highest form of flattery BrotherLono, remember that. Except mine was actually an accident.
I don't know how you confused me being humored with me being offended, yet, here you are confused...And Lono saying I take offence to everything? I actually said this in the Final Fantasy thread:

"Is this a forum or the Build-A-Bear Workshop where everything is built to be thin-skinned and soft? Lets stay on topic instead of worrying about if someone thats not you is being insulted, and if it is you, talk to a mod about it. Most of us are grown, unless someone is getting cussed out, who cares. This conversation is interesting, don't ruin it with unnecessary domestic drama."
-Me on PG.2 of [Final Fantasy XV [Episode Duscae HYPE!] thread

So for the second time today, what are you talking about?
And for the second time I will tell you, stop worrying about other users all the time and brainstorm some discussion topics.

Stop threatening me, cause there won't be a 3rd time, there will be just a report.

13 hours ago, Bailey_Dakota said:

is it within the rules to insult/abuse others using other languages other than english? I found this below and thought I would check.

What comes around is all around. IDK, seem you understand some asian language after all, but gomennasai... 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, BrotherLono said:

Sorry Borg, I realize now yours was an accident which is why you left the original tightsidevikingm [which BSV could well perceive to be an insult] there and didn't edit the mistake out.  I realize how crass it was now. But then you accused me of making an insult where there wasn't even the slightest hint of one.  I don't get though how yours is a mistake and mine isn't even though I said it was auto correct.

tl dr please don't threaten me with a report, I'd hate that so so much.

It's ok Lono, he was probably just using it as a metaphor for me being totally awesome, or something. After all he did sort of support me against hardcore.  

2 minutes ago, BrightSideViking said:

It's ok Lono, he was probably just using it as a metaphor for me being totally awesome, or something. After all he did sort of support me against hardcore.  

You may have a point, maybe he was saying "dude, me and BSV are tight bro"

So your shitty autocorrect just so happen to fuck up my name the exact same thread that i made a mistake. You're clearly able to actually edit the post and fix the name instead of copying they way I have to correct my mistakes on my phone (My phone doesn't have the edit hyperlink but on my computer at home im able to edit my post)
and then it misspells "offence" but spells it correctly when you turn it into an adjective on the same line? Sure, Brother. Don't insult my intelligence.

*Notice my post doesnt say edited at the bottom? Cause I actually cant on my phone.....

*Reported

4 minutes ago, Borg_Tech said:

So your shitty autocorrect just so happen to fuck up my name the exact same thread that i made a mistake. You're clearly able to actually edit the post and fix the name instead of copying they way I have to correct my mistakes on my phone (My phone doesn't have the edit hyperlink but on my computer at home im able to edit my post)
and then it misspells "offence" but spells it correctly when you turn it into an adjective on the same line? Sure, Brother. Don't insult my intelligence.

I am sure that is very nice for you and all, but I really don't think this have anything to do with the rules of the forum anymore. I am however pretty sure your phone have a backspace option. And I really love your autocorrect who have tightside as a word. Thanks for the support though. 

This thread has turned into an attack thread between users.  Silent and I previously warned everyone about this last month and nothing has changed.  I have decided to lock this thread.  Punishments will be handed out later.

• Upvote 1