The King of Hate Forums
Static Veins

Forum Rules & Regulations

Isn't using a proxy a hassle? A guy in Germany would be behind a proxy all the time, everyday anyday just because he might chance upon a video thats blocked? 

I d go behind a proxy to watch a video and then return. But that's just me.

1 hour ago, hardcoreparkour said:

Why do you need one?

I detest that as argument. It's actually a non-argument. People usually use that as an argument when they don't have anything to say towards their viewpoint. I could ask the same question about almost anything. Why do you need a username when you can just use your real name? Why do you need the internet or a computer or a smartphone or videogames? The question doesn't mean anything. 

But I do agree with TraditionalGames' question. Why should it matter if someone's using a proxy as long as they follow the forum rules? What harm are they doing?

2 hours ago, hardcoreparkour said:

Why do you need one?

That's like aressting someone that owns a gun but has never shot a person. We shouldn't be treating users as malicious when they haven't done anything wrong on the grounds that they "could" do something wrong.

5 hours ago, hardcoreparkour said:

Why do you need one?

Many colleges, universities, schools, and workplaces have filters on their internet services, so some may need a proxy to get to this site in certain areas.

15 hours ago, 13hr said:

About the proxy thing

Honestly those are just excuses

No one from china is gonna visit this forum. What other country restricts internet access?

If you use aproxy on a simple forum like this, the chances you are up to no good are high. Or super paranoid, always think the gov is out to get him and use a proxy for everything. 

So yeah, proxy user? Problem user.

Yeah of course because your argument is as crazy as saying your kids should be allowed to bring a samurai sword to school, and ONLY IF they mis-use it then that should be dealt with separately despite the fact by the time you do mis-use it it's too late and mods had to get involved. 

Like HP says you don't need a proxy and if you do politely go somewhere else. 

Edited by Davey_J_Jr

6 hours ago, Davey_J_Jr said:

Yeah of course because your argument is as crazy as saying your kids should be allowed to bring a samurai sword to school, and ONLY IF they mis-use it then that should be dealt with separately despite the fact by the time you do mis-use it it's too late and mods had to get involved. 

Like HP says you don't need a proxy and if you do politely go somewhere else. 

Weapons aren't an accurate or fair comparison. With the proxy thing it's more like a nightclub requiring people to wear their ID on their shirt because one guy used a fake name to get in. Yeah, now you can't lie about who you are but people can see your name and address.

If you're gonna ban proxies you may as well ban usernames too and require everyone to use their real first and last name and a pic of your face along with submitting a pic of their ID next to their face before their account gets activated. Then you don't have to worry about the haters ever again. Don't like it? Well why do you need a fake name and custom picture?

Edited by RPM94

You should learn to respect the forum rules instead of personally attacking me, I've told you why I think proxies should be banned and it seems an opinion reflected by the staff. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Davey_J_Jr said:

You should learn to respect the forum rules instead of personally attacking me, I've told you why I think proxies should be banned and it seems an opinion reflected by the staff. 

I wasn't attacking you, it was a counter argument. If the staff wants to ban proxies there's really nothing I can do about, but that doesn't mean I have to like it or agree with it. Opposing opinions are allowed aren't they?

6 minutes ago, RPM94 said:

I wasn't attacking you, it was a counter argument. If the staff wants to ban proxies there's really nothing I can do about, but that doesn't mean I have to like it or agree with it. Opposing opinions are allowed aren't they?

Dude don't bother, he's trying to pick a fight. The guy has been completely wrong on so many fronts, its ridiculous. Your counter argument wasn't an attack.

Not everyone is at home all day, I still stand by many schools, universities and workplaces restrict access to places like these and require a proxy to get around. I don't see how you would even go about blocking proxies (which...can you even do that?) . Also, this community is in a building stage, why would you restrict or block anything that would prevent growth is beyond me.

2 minutes ago, TwitchFactor said:

Dude don't bother, he's trying to pick a fight. The guy has been completely wrong on so many fronts, its ridiculous. Your counter argument wasn't an attack.

Not everyone is at home all day, I still stand by many schools, universities and workplaces restrict access to places like these and require a proxy to get around. I don't see how you would even go about blocking proxies (which...can you even do that?) . Also, this community is in a building stage, why would you restrict or block anything that would prevent growth is beyond me.

The way the Proxy ban would work doesn't involve blocking them. Any user caught using a proxy will be banned. Regardless of whether they actually did anything before getting caught with a proxy. No warnings. No chances to turn the proxy off. 

1 minute ago, RPM94 said:

The way the Proxy ban would work doesn't involve blocking them. Any user caught using a proxy will be banned. Regardless of whether they actually did anything before getting caught with a proxy. No warnings. No chances to turn the proxy off. 

That sounds like a lot of extra free work for the mods, with little to gain.

5 hours ago, TwitchFactor said:

Dude don't bother, he's trying to pick a fight. The guy has been completely wrong on so many fronts, its ridiculous. 

No. You are only trying to stir the pot but since you only have 1 reputation point you should gain a LOT more before you call anyone out. Especially when you're only going to get table scraps with your attitude. 

Edited by hardcoreparkour
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, hardcoreparkour said:

No. You are only trying to stir the pot but since you only have 1 reputation point you should gain a LOT more before you call anyone out. Especially when you're only going to get table scraps with your attitude. 

This, this right here, needs to stop. A community cannot foster and grow when this kind of grade school bullshit is allowed. The reputation points on this forum are meaningless. It's an arbitrary number on a frivolous website. Let's not forget how many negative reputation points KG got before he had the staff remove negative reputation altogether. Post count doesn't matter either. Those numbers don't make anyone's opinion any more or less valid. People like you use that as an excuse to not listen to an opinion you don't want to hear. No one is trying to start shit with anyone except you HCP. This post is explicitly inflammatory. All you want is for Twitch to get angry and insult you so you can report him and get him banned. You do this shit all the time and it has to stop. Just accept that not everyone will agree with every decision Phil and the moderation staff make. We respect it, but we don't have to like it.

• Upvote 1

On 1/13/2016 at 11:59 AM, RPM94 said:

I've got nothing to hide either so I'll come 100% clean with this post. I am a former detractor of Phil's and I've been banned from these forums several times, mostly for either vague or unexplained reasons. This is a throwaway account on a throwaway email so I fully expect to get banned again. That being said, I'd like to give my thoughts on the flaws in moderation that I've seen in the times I've used these forums. I won't call anyone in particular out and I'll do my best not to get heated. I'd appreciate it if this post is at least taken into consideration and not just deleted without being read, but I don't expect much.

2. Creating and posting with multiple usernames (accounts) is also not allowed. If you are unhappy with your current account, one time alterations can be made.

If you are trying to bypass moderation of your account (removal of posting rights, signature or avatar) then your account will be banned.
Creating a new account because your last one had a high warning level will also result in a ban.

4. Any accounts registering using junk/disposable email addresses will be banned on sight.

This is assumed to be an attempt to bypass moderation of yourself and your account and will not be tolerated.

Ok, maybe you have a legit gripe with the current rules that is cool. However, how can you believe you will be treated serious by the mods when you are clearly breaking the rules already by violating those rules, 2 and 4?

Just now, GuessWhat said:

2. Creating and posting with multiple usernames (accounts) is also not allowed. If you are unhappy with your current account, one time alterations can be made.

If you are trying to bypass moderation of your account (removal of posting rights, signature or avatar) then your account will be banned.
Creating a new account because your last one had a high warning level will also result in a ban.

4. Any accounts registering using junk/disposable email addresses will be banned on sight.

This is assumed to be an attempt to bypass moderation of yourself and your account and will not be tolerated.

Ok, maybe you have a legit gripe with the current rules that is cool. However, how can you believe you will be treated serious by the mods when you are clearly breaking the rules already by violating those rules, 2 and 4?

Well said, I am not replying to them as I am getting insulted and dont break the rules guys. The rule isnt fair they can insult but im not allowed to do it back, but hopefully the mods can see what their game is :)

13 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

I made it clear that I was breaking those rules when I could've easily pretended to be a new user. I believe I'll be taken seriously because I'm being totally upfront and honest about it. Like I said in that post I fully expect to be banned again at some point, but I'll make conversation while I'm here. I'm honestly surprised I've not been banned yet, but I suppose that's on Phil and the mods. If you don't want to take me seriously then fine, that's your prerogative. I just had something I wanted to say and I said it. That's all.

And HCP, I don't have any "game". You were invalidating what someone said because of an arbitrary number attached to their account. I called you and everyone else who does that out. If you took that as insulting so be it, but I didn't intend it that way.

Edited by RPM94

Oh, so it's just these forums that don't like proxies yeah? 

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35320436

Video-streaming giant Netflix has said it is going to stop subscribers from using internet proxies to view content not available in their home countries.

The firm said it would increase efforts in the next few weeks to block the use of such proxies.

And yeah it's  mainly due to licensing agreements but the point is you shouldn't be hiding or falsifying your identity online. :smile:

Edited by Davey_J_Jr
  • Upvote 1

Shadow Reputation Accounts need to banned

Example:

Catface77, obviously a shadow account to KGHaleon or Davey cause all he's done for the last 6 months was give reputation points to both of them on controversial threads. That needs to stop, it bolsters opinions for no reason.

lol.thumb.png.a7ed2f13fa64b73ab076021484

10 hours ago, Wonder_Wisp said:

Example:

Catface77, obviously a shadow account to KGHaleon or Davey cause all he's done for the last 6 months was give reputation points to both of them on controversial threads. That needs to stop, it bolsters opinions for no reason.

lol.thumb.png.a7ed2f13fa64b73ab076021484

Acusing someone of making a shadow account is the same as them accusing every new person as a troll. Don't go to their level.

• Upvote 2

On 1/26/2016 at 2:06 PM, Wonder_Wisp said:

Example:

Of course, couldn't be a lurker who actually just liked the post could it now? If it was up to guys like you there'd be no point in forums, taking cool things away.

Edited by Davey_J_Jr