The King of Hate Forums

Forum Rules & Regulations

On 1/26/2016 at 10:06 PM, Wonder_Wisp said:

Shadow Reputation Accounts need to banned

Example:

Catface77, obviously a shadow account to KGHaleon or Davey cause all he's done for the last 6 months was give reputation points to both of them on controversial threads. That needs to stop, it bolsters opinions for no reason.

lol.thumb.png.a7ed2f13fa64b73ab076021484

Feel free not to slander me with your assumptions. I don't break the rules with fake sock accounts like you and your friends. Why are you even looking at that persons account?

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These are the official rules & regulations of the The King of Hate Forums. Members agree to these terms upon registration of their account. Any members seen violating these rules will be reprimand

Uh, no. Patrons are not above the rules. And they don't deserve to be Patrons if they're just gonna bribe Phil to come back and avoid the rules.  MLando created the huge wall of text insulting Ph

It doesn't matter. No normal users of the internet would use a proxy service to post on a bulletin board/forum. So if I see a proxy being used, I'll know it's them regardless.

Posted Images

People have obviously have  2 much time on their hands to be making sock puppet accounts.

Honestly, there are a ton of games out there why would you waste time making a puppet account to do what? 

Boggles the mind. You know if you don't have enough money there are about 50 f2p games right? Find a good mmo and get lost in the lore.

I don't understand some people.

• Upvote 3
12 minutes ago, 13hr said:

People have obviously have  2 much time on their hands to be making sock puppet accounts.

Honestly, there are a ton of games out there why would you waste time making a puppet account to do what? 

Boggles the mind. You know if you don't have enough money there are about 50 f2p games right? Find a good mmo and get lost in the lore.

I don't understand some people.

Or go outside.

I choose going outside. And paying bills.

On ‎2016‎-‎01‎-‎13 at 2:54 PM, hardcoreparkour said:

Why do you need one?

I can asnswer a question with a question too. Why do the mods need to know my IP? That information gives them acsess to my region. Should I acuse them of being stalkers. Should I acuse them of being ddos attackers? Proxies are used for protection. So it's absurd to suggest proxy users be banned on the spot before they break any rules.

3 hours ago, TraditionalGames said:

I can asnswer a question with a question too. Why do the mods need to know my IP? That information gives them acsess to my region. Should I acuse them of being stalkers. Should I acuse them of being ddos attackers? Proxies are used for protection. So it's absurd to suggest proxy users be banned on the spot before they break any rules.

To be honest the ppl rejoining after being banned week in week out are stalkers so I don't have any sympathy. Also are you hinting the ppl in charge of this forum would use botnets to ddos them? Not very nice.

Netflix are against proxies too someone posted a link. Guess they are bad too right :tongue:

Proxies are just an excuse to cause more trouble at this point.

Edited by hardcoreparkour
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, TraditionalGames said:

So it's absurd to suggest proxy users be banned on the spot before they break any rules.

Let me make this extra clear for you. You're free to do whatever you want, but if we ever see two accounts using same IP both of them are getting banned.

4 hours ago, TraditionalGames said:

before they break any rules

One account per person is a rule, the scenario described above breaks that rule.

• Upvote 2
21 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

People worried about their IP don't seem to realize they give it to every website or forum they connect to.

Another great fact. Plus your IP is visible when connect over Skype etc. IP really isn't confidential information and it's been used since the beginning. It doesn't give your accurate address or anything haha. 

Edited by Davey_J_Jr
14 minutes ago, Davey_J_Jr said:

Another great fact. Plus your IP is visible when connect over Skype etc. IP really isn't confidential information and it's been used since the beginning. It doesn't give your accurate address or anything haha. 

They actually released an update that hides your IP by default now on Skype so nobody can see it when you are logged on.

If you want to hide your IP it is not a big deal, and i can not see the problem with it. I live in a city and there are restaurants cinemas, and other places with an open wifi I can pick up right here at home. I would also use a different IP when I am at work. They probably have more than one IP there as well, I also work different places, and some cloud Intranet thingy I really can't explain. And some people have a dynamic IP right? 

So what is the big deal with the proxy?  

I was sure there where other ways to identify a computer other than your IP adress. Well i use a stationary and a laptop, and there are others laying around. Then there are viritual pc's 

Oh an i almost forgot, Your Phone has 3g or whatever many g's they have now a days. 

This are just things i can think of on the top of my head. 

If people would just stop acting like crybaby Lame person No bans would be necessary. IMHO What I have seen here is truly astonishing. It is more often than not guilt by association. And I am sorry. not everyone that quacks like a duck is a mental patient. 

Edited by BrightSideViking
edited because some hypersesetive idividual might get offended.
1 hour ago, BrightSideViking said:

If people would just stop acting like crybaby assfagots No bans would be necessary. IMHO What I have seen here is truly astonishing. It is more often than not guilt by association. And I am sorry. not everyone that quacks like a duck is a mental patient. 

:huh:

1 hour ago, BrightSideViking said:

Edited 29 minutes ago by BrightSideViking 
edited because some hypersesetive idividual might get offended.

:huh:

Edited by Davey_J_Jr
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, The Mighty Onyx said:

Let me make this extra clear for you. You're free to do whatever you want, but if we ever see two accounts using same IP both of them are getting banned.

One account per person is a rule, the scenario described above breaks that rule.

Well that's an obvious rule but that's not what I'm saying. I'm responding to the people protesting that all proxy users should be banned without any evidence that the reason they're using is ban evasion.

7 hours ago, hardcoreparkour said:

To be honest the ppl rejoining after being banned week in week out are stalkers so I don't have any sympathy. Also are you hinting the ppl in charge of this forum would use botnets to ddos them? Not very nice.

Netflix are against proxies too someone posted a link. Guess they are bad too right :tongue:

Proxies are just an excuse to cause more trouble at this point.

Not true. I just gave you a concreate reason why someone would need a proxy. You can't prove that a proxy user is a detractor until they start being malicious. Also my ddos example was clearly a hypothetical.

7 hours ago, The Mighty Onyx said:

The problem with this is that all devices on a network have the same IP. Also, a lot of households, mine included, have a shared computer. So instantly banning any accounts that have the same IP could create an issue. Like, say my sister who lives with me decided to make an account here. We both be banned because we have the same IP and you assumed it was the same person. So you'd be forcing one of us to either always leave the house or always use mobile data to not break that rule or the proxy rule. Lot of hassle for two people living in the same house to use these forums.

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

You're surprised?

I just didn't think it was tolerated to use that word especially as it's a homophobic slur. Not very nice for anyone who happens to be that way to read that, at least an apology should be made. 

Edited by Davey_J_Jr
29 minutes ago, Davey_J_Jr said:

I just didn't think it was tolerated to use that word especially as it's a homophobic slur. Not very nice for anyone who happens to be that way to read that, at least an apology should be made. 

I'm not straight. Happy? Being gay was not part of the discussion, and I feel sorry for anyone being offended by wording like this. But it was clearly not in the context of being homophobic i used it.  you are making my point. It's not only trolls who are the problem. This behavior is worse than Proxies. And this is obviosly okay. 

Edited by BrightSideViking
  • 1 month later...

I feel the rules do definitely need more clarity. The proxy rule needs to be a bit more contextually driven imo. Some people just constantly use one out of choice. Does that mean they should be banned? Absolutely not. Bear in mind with forum systems such as this you would also have to have multiple emails if you were trying to bypass the ban system. Does that have anything to do with IP or Proxy's? Not really.

4 hours ago, NepNep said:

Is there a way we could bring back the ecchi thread? I mean as long as theres no full frontal nudity then I don't see why it should be a problem, it was pretty popular in the old forums as a I recall.

Yes yes yes! If there's an ecchi thread, I might even draw something for it!

Btw, about the same IP. I'm not entirely sure on how IP:s work if two persons from the same internal WLAN connect here, but I would have to guess that for example me and my wifey have a similar IP since we use the same ISP in the same house, using the same router. I doubt she'll ever make an account here though, but I bet there are youngsters with brothers (or sisters?) in a similar situation?

7 hours ago, NepNep said:

Is there a way we could bring back the ecchi thread? I mean as long as theres no full frontal nudity then I don't see why it should be a problem, it was pretty popular in the old forums as a I recall.

Ahahaaha. That's not happening in a million years and I'm surprised I condoned it in the past and even took part in hindsight.

The moderation on this forum is crap as it is (no offence, it's just moderators aren't very active at all), so there is no way that an ecchi thread will be properly moderated. Furthermore, it's not fair to force moderators to have to look through ecchi.