Jump to content
The King of Hate Forums
MDCFAN101

Injustice 2 Discussion

Recommended Posts

That is right ladies and gentlemen, you see the title.  What better way to start this long awaited discussion than one of the biggest and best DC comics fans on the planet in yours truly, MDCFAN101.  For those of you who are like, "Who/What the heck is Injustice?", allow me to get you guys up to speed.  In 2013, one of the biggest comic book industries in the world, DC Comics, gets together with MeatherRealm Studios and they create a comic book series and video game called Injustice Gods Among US.  It is about Superman, the most iconic superhero, going evil and ruling the world with an iron fist.  For the past few years now, the comic has been of the highest selling and popular comic series up to date.  As for the video game, it established itself as one of the best fighting games ever made and of the best games of the 2013 video game season.  Now that you are caught up to speed, let's get together and discuss this like civilized people.  I would like to say that tag-team mode should be included, each character should have more than super move and intro and outro.  It has been announced that the evil Superman will be the main antagonist in the sequel.  That is very disappointing considering that he has sucked and the idea of Superman being evil is boring now.  Outside of the core characters from the original game, here are the characters that I want to appear in the sequel as well as being a part of the story:

  1. Martian Manhunter
  2. Black Canary
  3. Huntress
  4. Wildcat
  5. The Question
  6. Captain Atom
  7. Firestorm (Ronald Raymond)
  8. Black Lightning
  9. Static Shock
  10. Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)
  11. Superboy
  12. Supergirl
  13. Darkseid
  14. Plastic Man
  15. Metamorpho
  16. Starfire
  17. Beast Boy
  18. Jason Todd
  19. Tim Drake
  20. Barbara Gordon (as Batgirl)
  21. Damien Wayne (as Robin)
  22. Orion
  23. Dr. Fate
  24. Spectre
  25. Swamp Thing
  26. Poison Ivy

These are my list of characters.  What are yours?  Plus, don't be afraid to share me your ideas.  I am out. PEACE!!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some I would choose would be 

Jason Todd (Red Hood)

Zatanna 

Firestorm (Ronny) 

Booster Gold 

Blue Beetle (Ted Gord) 

Atom

Clayface

Martian Manhunter 

Black Canary 

Arsenal 

Etrigan

John Constantine 

Mister Freeze

Also skins I would like to see

Wally West (Flash)

And Jay Garrick (Flash)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, iamkurla249 said:

Some I would choose would be 

Jason Todd (Red Hood)

Zatanna 

Firestorm (Ronny) 

Booster Gold 

Blue Beetle (Ted Gord) 

Atom

Clayface

Martian Manhunter 

Black Canary 

Arsenal 

Etrigan

John Constantine 

Mister Freeze

Also skins I would like to see

Wally West (Flash)

And Jay Garrick (Flash)

First, welcome to the discussion.  Second, awesome list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rather than characters, I'm gonna suggest what I think could be a cool story with an in-universe explanation for the roster change as an added bonus.

First, I like subtitles for the Injustice series. So I would call it Injustice II: Fallen Gods. The story would start in the midst of a mysterious event. The heroes and villains of the DC universe are beginning to lose their powers. Hence why you have new characters on the roster. It would be explained that shortly before the story began there was some kind of pulse the went around the globe and not long after various heroes lost their abilities. Obviously characters like Batman, Green Arrow, and Deadshot would be unaffected as they never had powers. The story would follow the new roster as they try to figure what caused the pulse and how to reverse it's effects. Think JLA: Act of God but done well. 

I will actually suggest a couple characters I'd like to see.

Kyle Rayner as Green Lantern (Technically his powers come from a piece of equipment so he'd be unaffected)

Jason Todd as Red Hood

Garfield "Gar" Logan as Beast Boy

Jaime Reyes as Blue Beetle

Starfire

As a neat little DLC character pack Doctor Manhattan, The Comedian, Rorschach, and Silk Spectre as the first issue of DC: Rebirth connected the Watchmen and DC universes.

It was revealed that Doctor Manhattan caused Flashpoint and thus the entirety of the New 52.

Edited by WazerWifle
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, WazerWifle said:

Rather than characters, I'm gonna suggest what I think could be a cool story with an in-universe explanation for the roster change as an added bonus.

First, I like subtitles for the Injustice series. So I would call it Injustice II: Fallen Gods. The story would start in the midst of a mysterious event. The heroes and villains of the DC universe are beginning to lose their powers. Hence why you have new characters on the roster. It would be explained that shortly before the story began there was some kind of pulse the went around the globe and not long after various heroes lost their abilities. Obviously characters like Batman, Green Arrow, and Deadshot would be unaffected as they never had powers. The story would follow the new roster as they try to figure what caused the pulse and how to reverse it's effects. Think JLA: Act of God but done well. 

I will actually suggest a couple characters I'd like to see.

Kyle Rayner as Green Lantern (Technically his powers come from a piece of equipment so he'd be unaffected)

Jason Todd as Red Hood

Garfield "Gar" Logan as Beast Boy

Jaime Reyes as Blue Beetle

Starfire

As a neat little DLC character pack Doctor Manhattan, The Comedian, Rorschach, and Silk Spectre as the first issue of DC: Rebirth connected the Watchmen and DC universes.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

It was revealed that Doctor Manhattan caused Flashpoint and thus the entirety of the New 52.

 

Not bad ideas my friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Are you a DC fan?  If so, please follow me and join my comic book talk.

I'm a more casual DC fan. I honestly know more about Marvel and their characters than I do about DC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WazerWifle said:

I'm a more casual DC fan. I honestly know more about Marvel and their characters than I do about DC.

Still, please follow me and join my comic book talk thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember some of the most requested characters for Injustice that didn't make it into the game were Darkseid, Power Girl, Static, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Blue Beetle, Captain Cold, Black Canary, Poison Ivy, Beast Boy and Starfire.

If any of those characters are playable in Injustice 2 I think it would be pretty hype.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Pochomex said:

I remember some of the most requested characters for Injustice that didn't make it into the game were Darkseid, Power Girl, Static, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Blue Beetle, Captain Cold, Black Canary, Poison Ivy, Beast Boy and Starfire.

If any of those characters are playable in Injustice 2 I think it would be pretty hype.

Well their is a hint for Captain Cold since in the beginning of the trailer (right after the WB games logo) there is a quick flash of Captain Cold's gun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, iamkurla249 said:

Well their is a hint for Captain Cold since in the beginning of the trailer (right after the WB games logo) there is a quick flash of Captain Cold's gun

Dude the trailer was awesome!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://testyourmight.com/threads/injustice-2-discussion-thread-atrocitus-gorilla-grodd-confirmed-rolling-stone-interview-added.55262/

 

So it looks like Gorilla Grodd (a Flash villain) and Atrocitus (a Green Lantern villain) have been confirmed. That means the confirmed roster so far is Superman, Batman, Flash, Aquaman, Supergirl, Gorilla Grodd and Atrocitus.

 

http://testyourmight.com/threads/injustice-2-announcement-trailer-ps-blog-post-from-tyler-lansdown.60524/

 

Also, from the original press release it looks like the new feature of Injustice 2 is the ability to customize and upgrade your characters. I've never heard of a fighting game doing that before so I'm curious to see how this works out. Will it be like the gems system in SF x Tekken? How will this influence to competitive scene for the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Injustice 2 gameplay is supposed to be shown on NRS' twitch tonight at around 5pm PST. Hopefully the game looks great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

I don't like how Phil was shitting all over the gear system. It's certainly not worthy of being on any "Worst of E3" list. It's weird because Phil has always praised Netherrealm for its single player content but for some reason he has a big issue with this new gear system (which will mainly benefit single player modes like story mode and whatever the new trial/mission mode will be). He himself says that Netherrealm is going to have and option to turn them off for online and tournament play so what's the big deal? It's going to be a fun new mechanic that will add bonus playability for casual players while not getting in the way of more competitive players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...