Jump to content
The King of Hate Forums
MasterOfAwesomeness

E3 2016 - OFFICIAL THREAD!

Recommended Posts

Xbox One Slim S shown.

More Gears of War 4 gameplay.

Forza Horizon 3 announced.

XBOX Play To Share announced.

New trailers for Recore, Scalebound, and Sea of Thieves. 

More gameplay for We Happy Few. 

More mods for Minecraft. 

Inside coming out in a few weeks. 

Dead Rising 4 and State of Decay 2 announced. 

More gameplay of Halo Wars 2 and Battlefield 1.

Project Scorpio announced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Static Veins said:

Really strong showing from Microsoft. Sea of Thieves, Scalebound, Dead Rising 4, Halo Wars 2, We Happy Few... Great stuff across the board. Shame about that extended Minecraft segment.

They did a showing of Dead Rising 4??!!  That is great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that Scalebound and dead rising 4 are both on PC kills my interest in getting an Xbox console. Will probably pick up Scalebound on day 1 though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Static Veins said:

Really strong showing from Microsoft. Sea of Thieves, Scalebound, Dead Rising 4, Halo Wars 2, We Happy Few... Great stuff across the board. Shame about that extended Minecraft segment.

Forza Horizon 3 looked amazing though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought MS did a good job and it will be very interesting to see where this new system goes. I'm super excited to see all of the big companies start to embrace and plan for a big VR push.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Vrifter said:

I thought MS did a good job and it will be very interesting to see where this new system goes. I'm super excited to see all of the big companies start to embrace and plan for a big VR push.

Yeah. It looks like Phil was wrong when he called VR a fad haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Vrifter said:

I thought MS did a good job and it will be very interesting to see where this new system goes. I'm super excited to see all of the big companies start to embrace and plan for a big VR push.

Microsoft did a good job giving me more games to buy on PC lol Even if I have to upgrade to windows 10 at least that beats buying the console

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of people have called VR a fad, but I don't hold it against them. Most of those people haven't used VR before and experience with quality VR has a tendency to change minds. I'm looking forward to Phil's PSVR experiences. VR isn't perfect for eevry type of game, but what it does well it does REALLY well and I'm hopeful with all this money going into it, that everyone will get a chance to try it and it's able to find a good market. Some people think VR's trying to replace traditional gaming, but it's not at all. It will co-exist with it going forward. 

Very exciting times for me and the other VR nuts. With Fallout 4, Star Trek, Star Wars and other awesome looking games coming out and now Sony and MS throwing their hats into the VR ring I'm really optimistic about the mediums future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Noir said:

Microsoft did a good job giving me more games to buy on PC lol Even if I have to upgrade to windows 10 at least that beats buying the console

Microsoft doing a good job at an E3 conference!!??  That is surprising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Microsoft doing a good job at an E3 conference!!??  That is surprising.

Hehe, well I felt like the content they showed was solid. These conferences are always terrible, but I judge it on what's shown and I think they had a good lineup.

Edited by Vrifter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vrifter said:

Hehe, well I felt like the content they showed was solid. These conferences are always terrible, but I judge it on what's shown and I think they had a good lineup.

I feel you.  A lot of these conferences though are so full of shit it is not even funny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vrifter said:

How do you mean?

there will be some major games, but it will start to have the same type of games. like Mobile's endless runners, Candy Crush, and Card games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

I feel you.  A lot of these conferences though are so full of shit it is not even funny. 

Absolutely. I think people (mostly anyways) have become accustomed to filtering out the BS from the truth and can sort of feel what's real and what's not. We're watching a big PR stunt designed to make themselves sound great and convince everyone that all of their upcoming stuff is going to be amazing. A giant pile of crap is inevitable LOL.but it's possible to read between the lines and see the actual content that matters.

Edited by Vrifter
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vrifter said:

Absolutely. I think people (mostly anyways) have become accustomed to filtering out the BS from the truth and can sort of feel what's real and what's not. We're watching a big PR stunt designed to make themselves sound great and convince everyone that all of their upcoming stuff is going to be amazing. A giant pile of crap is inevitable LOL.

Same here amigo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Darksphere92 said:

there will be some major games, but it will start to have the same type of games. like Mobile's endless runners, Candy Crush, and Card games.

Ah gotcha. Yah, that is already happening since there's not a lot of major AAA titles out yet. Small indy devs are taking the easiest route they can and we're seeing a lot of "wave-based shooters" for example. They're easy to make so they're the first genre to get worn out. As more and more money gets dumped into development, I think we'll start seeing the more complex and involved games start to launch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Noir said:

Microsoft did a good job giving me more games to buy on PC lol Even if I have to upgrade to windows 10 at least that beats buying the console

Win10 has been good to me so far. I think you'll be happy with it. There's going to be some good gains with DX12 coming soon as well, so it's a good time to get it anyways..especially since it's currently free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vrifter said:

Ah gotcha. Yah, that is already happening since there's not a lot of major AAA titles out yet. Small indy devs are taking the easiest route they can and we're seeing a lot of "wave-based shooters" for example. They're easy to make so they're the first genre to get worn out. As more and more money gets dumped into development, I think we'll start seeing the more complex and involved games start to launch.

for VR i would like to see, a Farcry game (would good Controls,not like the Wii one), Halo (even if i am not a fan of Halo), a game from Quantic Dreams, Bioshock, a Metro Game, maybe a Left 4 Dead style game, Dead Space, and Deus Ex. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...