The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Project 7 Reboot - Initial Thoughts

Just want to make it clear that while I don't agree with the direction taken with Project 7, I in no way think that Phil's patreon is a scam like some people have been suggesting. Phil has certainly fulfilled most of his obligations to patrons such as shipping out T-shirts, recording special videos and providing forum access, indie marathons and patron playthroughs, montages, etc. There are a few exceptions like P7 and the final Minecraft stream, but otherwise he has done most of what he was paid to do.

• Upvote 1

Just want to make it clear that while I don't agree with the direction taken with Project 7, I in no way think that Phil's patreon is a scam like some people have been suggesting. Phil has certainly fulfilled most of his obligations to patrons such as shipping out T-shirts, recording special videos and providing forum access, indie marathons and patron playthroughs, montages, etc. There are a few exceptions like P7 and the final Minecraft stream, but otherwise he has done most of what he was paid to do.

He did this to him self he made a video about Tim schafer attacking him and broken age calling him a thief then you think he wont get any hate for this?  Dont feel bad at all he deserves it this time. He had alot of time to finish or at least start he literally has nothing after all these months?

He did this to him self he made a video about Tim schafer attacking him and broken age calling him a thief then you think he wont get any hate for this?  Dont feel bad at all he deserves it this time. He had alot of time to finish or at least start he literally has nothing after all these months?

why are you being so aggressive? you try making a series like project 7 and youll find out its not so easy. If he rushed it then it would turn out like crap. Its hard to think of a good story and script with only person doing everything. having like 1 day a week to work on it simply isnt enough and the whole do it during your free time excuse is dumb. We all need to relax and not actually do stuff. Yeah it sucks it got delayed but idk why people are being so aggressive over it like take a chill pill and sit down. 

• Upvote 1

why are you being so aggressive? you try making a series like project 7 and youll find out its not so easy. If he rushed it then it would turn out like crap. Its hard to think of a good story and script with only person doing everything. having like 1 day a week to work on it simply isnt enough and the whole do it during your free time excuse is dumb. We all need to relax and not actually do stuff. Yeah it sucks it got delayed but idk why people are being so aggressive over it like take a chill pill and sit down. 

Then he should have been more clear people paid for it and its not happening. If he has no time (Which i dont believe is true he plays games and does little to mostly no editing its raw gameplay. I think he just uses his time poorly or does other things after hes done playing games on stream) then it should have never been on there. 

Edited by cooper

The thing is, the summer was empty, but you decided to overbooked yourself with downtime games out of nowhere. The patreon choices and marathon I understand you had an obligation to play them, but did you really need to play stuff like Lego Batman 3, The Godfather, Metroid Prime and Just Cause 2? None of them even ended up being a success, I would even guarantee you that if you had decided to work on Project 7 and released a new episode instead of playing those downtime games, that one episode would've had better views than all of those downtime games combined. 

Absolutely nobody can say that my criticism of Tim Schafer wasn't legit and that this is hypocritical if you just use simple logic: I was man enough to admit I made a miscalculation when it came to time/my capabilities to put out a project, PUBLICLY ADMITTED IT despite knowing there'd be some backlash disappointment, and applied the $250 to other goals people want to see. Schafer released a 2nd half of a game way later than promised, reused all the same shit from the first half, and it ended up being a turd - and kept the money too. He did EXACTLY what I'm against: made something bad JUST because he was obligated to do so. I refuse to put out something that I and viewers will feel is rushed/inferior just because I said I'd work on it. THAT'S the true sign of someone who doesn't care about their work.

I'm willing to admit my shortcomings and move towards positivity/things I know I can excel at, like focusing on whatever games I can in the next week before the busy gaming season starts. And I'm willing to take the hit for it - I know Patreon will probably be low this month as people who wanted Project 7 are probably going to withdraw some of their pledges. That's what you do when you're a responsible human rather than a hack who thinks they're above fault. I COULD HAVE JUST RUSHED OUT A SHITTY TEASER TRAILER but let's face it, those who actually want Project 7 to happen would probably rather wait and possibly get something good then rushed shit, which is what Schafer did.

So please, if you're going to make such comparisons, at least try harder.

EDIT: The best part about the morons saying "Patreon is a scam" is that they don't understand anything about it. Some are saying I raised $1250 for Project 7 (WRONG, it was $250 via simple math but they can't count) while others are saying $10k??? You REALLY have to be stupid if you think someone who barely brings in $1200 if that a month on Patreon raised $10k for Project 7.

And then you've got people DEMANDING I refund money - what money exactly? The $75 perk level was to participate in a creative work - NOT Project 7, but that was a suggestion. I've got 2 holiday specials coming up where these patrons will either be able to participate in gameplay, special segments or even skits. That was ALWAYS the plan (that's why I worded the perk that way), and PRoject 7 was just a hopeful wish if it did happen in time. So those perks will be fulfilled and besides KGhaleon I haven't been contacted by anyone who is upset with that perk level.

How exactly would you refund $250 to 165 or so patrons who didn't necessarily specifically pledge towards it? You can't refund goals, that's the whole point and that's why they're meant as "estimated rewards" rather than promised things you'll get. If I hadn't come through with a perk, that would be one thing and I fully agree that there would be refunds due. But a general goal level reward can't be properly refunded - applying it to the next month's goal (which tons of people have already told me they're looking forward to) is the best way to go about it, despite the fact I know I'm going to receive less in Patron funding because of it.

It's absolutely hilarious that "you know who" are trying to report me for Patreon abuse when none has taken place and once again, they just prove their ignorance of anything above a 5th grade level.

• Upvote 5

because people paid for that, Phil kinda used Project 7 as a reason to create a Patron in the first place, go watch his video when he talked about the Patron stuff

now months later he kept promising, and now he did not put ANY work in P7, he knew he would not be able to but keep talking about it, sooooo

because people paid for that, Phil kinda used Project 7 as a reason to create a Patron in the first place, go watch his video when he talked about the Patron stuff

now months later he kept promising, and now he did not put ANY work in P7, he knew he would not be able to but keep talking about it, sooooo

that $250 raised for that was used to reduce the other goals. so idk what the problem here is lol

That's not the case, at ALL, so if you got that impression I apologize because it was never the intention. Patreon is meant to do many things including:
-Allowing me to improve my content through hardware/software improvements (as you've seen with the green screen, microphone, soundproofing foam as well as more highly edited videos this year)
-Allowing me to not only play the "big releases" and always being a slave to daily views but instead to branch out and do more things I normally wouldn't (such as trying Minecraft, playing Persona 4, doing mini-marathons etc.) and even having the flexibility to skip some games I have no interest in (like Battlefield: Hardline among others this year which I did skip, and got some flak for)

Now in addition to all of that, I admit I'd hoped that Patreon would have allowed me more time to work on non-gaming projects more as well. That did not happen. I have to maintain a balance between my income on YouTube videos and Patron funding in order to keep the business afloat, and I simply couldn't have extended downtime from daily streaming/gameplay. In addition, TONS Of people were constantly asking me to "play X game" and actually complaining I haven't been playing enough! So it's obvious that the demand for me to play games was high, while the demand for non-gaming stuff wasn't nearly as strong.

The bottom line though: I didn't promise anything. The perk related to Project 7 was always worded in a way that it was CLEARLY uncertain whether it would happen, and that the perk would be fulfilled through other projects if it didn't. The July goal level was that I take time off to work on it - which for 2 weeks didn't happen, forcing me to cancel. It was pretty much the last-ditch effort to try and have enough time to work on the project, and even then it wasn't working. So I did the adult/mature thing and called it off despite knowing I'd get negative reactions.

It seems to me that people apparently had some kind of notion that I was promising Project 7. That NEVER happened, and it's pretty black-and-white if you actually go back and see what was said/listed on Patreon. But sometimes a group mentality/anticipation turns into a mob mentality of expectation, and that's what happened here. ESPECIALLY with that expectation it made more sense to cancel/postpone than rush out some crap.

It's not that people had some kind on notion that Project 7 was coming back, You have to admit you have pushed Project 7 in a big way. Every time you've mentioned Patreon you always bring up Project 7. That's where people are getting confused, Although I don't see what the problem is as you have clearly stated that Project 7 wasn't set in stone. I believe all the shouting is coming from the other camp if you know what I mean. 

Then he should have been more clear people paid for it and its not happening. If he has no time (Which i dont believe is true he plays games and does little to mostly no editing its raw gameplay. I think he just uses his time poorly or does other things after hes done playing games on stream) then it should have never been on there. 

Life happens. Stop being an aggressive jerk. Geesh. No need for that crap,man.

You DID promise that you'll do something related to project 7 (if not an actual episode, maybe a teaser) by the end of the August so here's that.

• Upvote 1

You DID promise that you'll do something related to project 7 (if not an actual episode, maybe a teaser) by the end of the August so here's that.

He specifically said P7 would be coming in the summer on several occasions. I would have no problem if he had cancelled it earlier in the year, but he waited this long. I'm calling it now, P7 is dead and I really doubt he'll continue it.

• Upvote 2

Life happens. Stop being an aggressive jerk. Geesh. No need for that crap,man.

Im expressing my opinion i think you just dont like or agree with it. I might be a little angry about it because i liked P7.

Edited by cooper

He specifically said P7 would be coming in the summer on several occasions. I would have no problem if he had cancelled it earlier in the year, but he waited this long. I'm calling it now, P7 is dead and I really doubt he'll continue it.

To be fair, it was NEVER a promise and always a hope/expectation. Never was a delivery date given, just an expected timeframe of when I thought I'd be working on it, which never worked out.

However, again, I DEFINITELY agree that an expectation was given and you have every right to feel disappointed/angry that Project 7 isn't happening. I feel the SAME way. I just hope you understand that not doing it now is for the greater good.

Will Project 7 ever happen? Maybe, maybe not. We cannot predict things in life. I NEVER thought it would even have been revived in 2012 and that happened literally out of nowhere. So we'll see what happens moving forward time-wise and the like.

• Upvote 1

Ok, first of all phil, the fans are upset and have every right to be. You yourself have said it numerous times be it in the video, twitter, or on the forums. But I think you misunderstand the problem most people seem to be having is. Ok you never PROMISED Project 7, and i can't recall the wording on the patreon goal off hand so unless somebody can provide an old screencap of it showing that it was implicitly promised i'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt there. But my god, you have been hyping it up all year long to this point. People were getting seriously hyped and pumped up for it, the "hype train" was getting so huge that had you put out even a simple trailer the success of that video would have been mind-boggling.

And i think this comes down to an issue of time management. Somebody pointed out in this thread that the focus this summer has seemed really skewed. You had plenty of time to work on Project 7 if you utilized it properly like idk maybe only doing one stream for a few weeks to work on it. I get that taking time off from streaming for stuff like Project 7 is a risk with your financial situation. And let's be honest after Batman what have you played this summer? Old games that fans have been wanting outside of the occasional dlc or episodic release. I get that you want to give fans what they want because after all this is your business and you need to keep the fans happy to keep the business going. But you seemed to have this all or nothing mentality. You were going to do one thing or the other either 1. Old games that fans have wanted or 2. Project 7. I think what the fans wanted was more of a balance which obviously didn't happen.

Look Phil, all i know is fans are very disappointed and I count myself among that group. My advice would be going forward that unless you know that you will have the time and resources to deliver something don't even hype it up which i think was your big mistake here outside of gross time mismanagement. 

• Upvote 1

Completely agree that I shouldn't hype anything until I have something to show for it, and this is going to be a learning experience.

You're also correct in saying that the summer focus was skewed. ORIGINALLY (As in, before Spring when I was pre-planning the year) I figured I'd use the Summer downtime (i.e. immediately after E3 until the end of August) to work on Project 7 and balance that with playthroughs; 1 gameplay stream a day, other half of the day on Project 7. 

What happened: Batman got delayed, came out nearly at the end of June and I didn't finish it until Mid-July, only to be IMMEDIATELY followed by a DLC; Yakuza 4 (a filler playthrough from June) got bumped until July because of everything running so late (plus it got massively delayed when 2+ entire days of streaming were cancelled as I was being DDOS-attacked) and I HAD to complete it as it'd been a Patreon goal from May; and then while all this was happening, I got TONS Of requests to "play this game and that game" because it was the Summer, nothing was coming out, and it was the "perfect opportunity" to play these games. Ultimately I got SO MANY requests for games during the Summer (which almost NEVER happens; in the past I've floundered and had to pre-plan marathons and such to fill the dead gaming gap) that a lot of people are actually VERY disappointed they didn't see what they'd been hoping for.

My plans basically fell apart in front of me, but I was trying to be positive/hopeful that things WOULD come together by the end of the Summer. They did not.

Also, REAL TALK time: although there is undoubtedly a "core fanbase" of people who are excited to see Project 7 happen at some time, the OVERWHELMING feedback I'm now receiving is that a large chunk of my viewing audience doesn't care. There WAS a time, but that time was in 2010, then 2012; three years is a LONG time to wait and a lot of the people have moved on. I'm now known as the "TIHYDP" guy who live streams/uploads playthroughs daily, juggles multiple genres/plays all kinds of games, does honest/unbiased reviews with a few things for variety thrown in. They're NOT looking for this kind of highly-edited skit series from me.

There were 3 groups who responded to my announcement yesterday: 1. idiot trolls, 2. longtime fans who were disappointed/upset, and 3. everyone else who said "what's Project 7 and why would I care?" Although it's nice to focus on the longtime/core fans, I think at least at this point I need to focus on the people who are here daily to see the gameplay.

AND THAT'S MY MISTAKE! I openly admit (And apologize for) the fact that I seemed to put all this hype/emphasis/focus on a series that probably the majority of my viewership in 2015 doesn't care about BUT an emotional/verbal group of longtime fans want to see. I let down my most loyal group of viewers and it was VERY HARD for me to make that video yesterday. But I hope you realize it's for the best.

• Upvote 1

Also, REAL TALK time: although there is undoubtedly a "core fanbase" of people who are excited to see Project 7 happen at some time, the OVERWHELMING feedback I'm now receiving is that a large chunk of my viewing audience doesn't care. There WAS a time, but that time was in 2010, then 2012; three years is a LONG time to wait and a lot of the people have moved on. I'm now known as the "TIHYDP" guy who live streams/uploads playthroughs daily, juggles multiple genres/plays all kinds of games, does honest/unbiased reviews with a few things for variety thrown in. They're NOT looking for this kind of highly-edited skit series from me.

There were 3 groups who responded to my announcement yesterday: 1. idiot trolls, 2. longtime fans who were disappointed/upset, and 3. everyone else who said "what's Project 7 and why would I care?" Although it's nice to focus on the longtime/core fans, I think at least at this point I need to focus on the people who are here daily to see the gameplay.

AND THAT'S MY MISTAKE! I openly admit (And apologize for) the fact that I seemed to put all this hype/emphasis/focus on a series that probably the majority of my viewership in 2015 doesn't care about BUT an emotional/verbal group of longtime fans want to see. I let down my most loyal group of viewers and it was VERY HARD for me to make that video yesterday. But I hope you realize it's for the best.

Phil, Here's the issue i have with what you said there. Let's be honest with ourselves here. It's no secret and you have admitted publicly that your regular audience you have today are the people who jumped on board with your content in the early years so your core fanbase the longtime fans however you want to phrase it. The point is your core fanbase who are really the people who helped put you where are you are today and allowed you to make this your job clearly wanted something for project 7. People wanted something anything even if it was just a trailer. But instead you listened to the average viewer who wanted to see games games games. You said pretty much I'm gonna please the everyman instead of my fans the people who are here to watch the content i put out and have had my back for the 7 years i've been doing this. And i personally feel it's just not right for you to do that to the fans. Forget the whole issue of the patreon "scam" as its being referred to by some. That's another issue in itself but the fans are disappointed. I can't speak for anybody else but i really had gotten the impression that because you had built up the hype so much that despite the time crunch you had staring in your face that you were going to figure out a way to give us something. And this whole thing of I don't want to give you something that was rushed and shit is quite frankly imo bullshit. You were talking about a trailer phil. A TRAILER. You mean to tell me you couldn't have taken time to put together at the most a 5-10 minute video throw in some gameplay footage of what would have been i'd asssume FF7. Phil you still had 2 more days planned this month to work on it. In those 2 days i'm sure you could have put something together that was fun and entertaining. And because it's simply a trailer who gives a shit if it was a little bit rushed. I could see if we were talking about the first episode or something like that but a trailer? Phil come on man. 

Ok that was a little long-winded but my basic point is this. When your in a situation like this where the hardcore loyal fans wanted something that you have been hyping for months on end and the other group of what you might call the casual viewers want something completely different maybe it might be a good idea to if your not going to go with the hardcore fans completely work out something that both sides can appreciate. 

Completely agree that I shouldn't hype anything until I have something to show for it, and this is going to be a learning experience.

You're also correct in saying that the summer focus was skewed. ORIGINALLY (As in, before Spring when I was pre-planning the year) I figured I'd use the Summer downtime (i.e. immediately after E3 until the end of August) to work on Project 7 and balance that with playthroughs; 1 gameplay stream a day, other half of the day on Project 7. 

What happened: Batman got delayed, came out nearly at the end of June and I didn't finish it until Mid-July, only to be IMMEDIATELY followed by a DLC; Yakuza 4 (a filler playthrough from June) got bumped until July because of everything running so late (plus it got massively delayed when 2+ entire days of streaming were cancelled as I was being DDOS-attacked) and I HAD to complete it as it'd been a Patreon goal from May; and then while all this was happening, I got TONS Of requests to "play this game and that game" because it was the Summer, nothing was coming out, and it was the "perfect opportunity" to play these games. Ultimately I got SO MANY requests for games during the Summer (which almost NEVER happens; in the past I've floundered and had to pre-plan marathons and such to fill the dead gaming gap) that a lot of people are actually VERY disappointed they didn't see what they'd been hoping for.

My plans basically fell apart in front of me, but I was trying to be positive/hopeful that things WOULD come together by the end of the Summer. They did not.

Doesn't the views on YouTube kinda contradict what you are saying though? None of your downtime games ended up doing well on views, despite "a lot of people" asking you to play those games.

• Upvote 1

I been keeping my opinion to myself on this topic but i think im ready to share some thoughts. Feel free to discuss with my following reasons why i think this has been a bad thing for you(Phil) to do.

The way you made this video comes off very wrong. I haven't been a fan since 2012-13 so i will be looking at it in a different perspective. You chose to delay a TEASER for Project 7...A TEASER How can you delay a TEASER. You Promised a TEASER but now you went against that promise & now people are standing against you for many other reasons but that has been the straw to break the back. When i read a comment from someone, he mentioned about how he was thinking that maybe during the video or end of the video, DeathFace would appear & start saying or doing crazy shit & how that would've been a good tease for things to come. After reading that comment, i kinda felt the same but once i heard you say "Go ahead dislike the videos" & just kept on talking about dislike this and dislike that, it occurred to me that you didn't care about making this video & truly the video was a waste of time to make to begin with. People are saying you are a fraud & a scammer because you shown NOTHING before making Project 7 a goal for Patreon. Those that want a series or help from people usually(95% of the time) show something to present this is real & they are willing to use the money to make whatever they want happen. You on the other hand, has shown NOTHING & people fell into the trap of paying you to appear in Project 7. As of now, i believe people have the right to call you out on the bullshit you have been doing & i think as of right now, you are a fraud & scammer that wants to use most of the money for himself & put some money towards actual stuff people paid you for. Your channel is not going to stay long unless you start sticking to your promises or what you say. That is all for now but i only want an discussion between me & anyone that feels the same or opposite. 

Thanks,

DragonSlayerVlogs

Literally only 3 or 4 people were affected by this. It is what it is. Life goes on.

I been keeping my opinion to myself on this topic but i think im ready to share some thoughts. Feel free to discuss with my following reasons why i think this has been a bad thing for you(Phil) to do.

The way you made this video comes off very wrong. I haven't been a fan since 2012-13 so i will be looking at it in a different perspective. You chose to delay a TEASER for Project 7...A TEASER How can you delay a TEASER. You Promised a TEASER but now you went against that promise & now people are standing against you for many other reasons but that has been the straw to break the back. When i read a comment from someone, he mentioned about how he was thinking that maybe during the video or end of the video, DeathFace would appear & start saying or doing crazy shit & how that would've been a good tease for things to come. After reading that comment, i kinda felt the same but once i heard you say "Go ahead dislike the videos" & just kept on talking about dislike this and dislike that, it occurred to me that you didn't care about making this video & truly the video was a waste of time to make to begin with. People are saying you are a fraud & a scammer because you shown NOTHING before making Project 7 a goal for Patreon. Those that want a series or help from people usually(95% of the time) show something to present this is real & they are willing to use the money to make whatever they want happen. You on the other hand, has shown NOTHING & people fell into the trap of paying you to appear in Project 7. As of now, i believe people have the right to call you out on the bullshit you have been doing & i think as of right now, you are a fraud & scammer that wants to use most of the money for himself & put some money towards actual stuff people paid you for. Your channel is not going to stay long unless you start sticking to your promises or what you say. That is all for now but i only want an discussion between me & anyone that feels the same or opposite. 

Thanks,

DragonSlayerVlogs

"As of now, i believe people have the right to call you out on the bullshit you have been doing & i think as of right now, you are a fraud & scammer that wants to use most of the money for himself & put some money towards actual stuff people paid you for. Your channel is not going to stay long unless you start sticking to your promises or what you say."

He kept his promises 95% of the time. I told him to sign the shirt and send a business card signed, which he DID. He answers my Patron priority questions on Ask The King. So I'm happy so far with the perks.

He can still do Project 7 next Summer or Spring. 

Literally only 3 or 4 people were affected by this. It is what it is. Life goes on.

There's nothing to support that, we're just the more vocal people. There are 160 patreons, many which don't even post here.

Hi, new user here that specifically signed up to address the concern of Project 7 being scrapped, just skimmed through the thread and found this: 

"As of now, i believe people have the right to call you out on the bullshit you have been doing & i think as of right now, you are a fraud & scammer that wants to use most of the money for himself & put some money towards actual stuff people paid you for. Your channel is not going to stay long unless you start sticking to your promises or what you say."

He kept his promises 95% of the time. I told him to sign the shirt and send a business card signed, which he DID. He answers my Patron priority questions on Ask The King. So I'm happy so far with the perks.

He can still do Project 7 next Summer or Spring. 

If you just take a look at the YouTube video associated with Project 7 being scrapped you would instantly see that more than 3-4 people are concerned about this. I'm not that upset about Project 7, I didn't fund anything so I really can't complain about it too much,  but I a wondering what is the money from the Patreon going to after all this time. The whole point of this Patreon was to free up some time and stress so he can focus on creating more creative content and buying new equipment. So far he's got a new mic and soundproofing after 6 months of Patreon. It does not cost $7,000 (estimate of what he's made on Patreon) for soundproofing and a new mic. Lets Play content has gone up, we are currently in a lets play cycle that completely consist of games that have been released years ago...yet theres not even a frame of new content to show where the money is going into...

Hi, new user here that specifically signed up to address the concern of Project 7 being scrapped, just skimmed through the thread and found this: 

If you just take a look at the YouTube video associated with Project 7 being scrapped you would instantly see that more than 3-4 people are concerned about this. I'm not that upset about Project 7, I didn't fund anything so I really can't complain about it too much,  but I a wondering what is the money from the Patreon going to after all this time. The whole point of this Patreon was to free up some time and stress so he can focus on creating more creative content and buying new equipment. So far he's got a new mic and soundproofing after 6 months of Patreon. It does not cost $7,000 (estimate of what he's made on Patreon) for soundproofing and a new mic. Lets Play content has gone up, we are currently in a lets play cycle that completely consist of games that have been released years ago...yet theres not even a frame of new content to show where the money is going into...

Simple answer and I'm not going to be taking other questions like this because they're ludicrous, and this has already been answered MULTIPLE times since I started Patreon in February:

Patreon IS NOT KICKSTARTER.

The money raised on Patreon is not being applied directly to a project/product with promised delivery. Patreon is meant to be a website where, through pledges, Patrons can allow creative people/artistic people/entertainers (whatever you call them) to do what they love (and what you like to see them do) full-time, or at least provide additional financial support.

IN RETURN FOR THIS, people who use Patreon can choose to provide perks (direct rewards for pledges) as well as goals (general rewards for hitting funding levels) but this isn't required. It IS a very nice way for those people to give back to those who have pledged and financially supported them.

But in addition to perks and goals my overall video content has dramatically improved this year because of Patreon.

Patreon impacts this year alone:

-new mic
-tons of soundproofing foam/redesigned office
-A/C for the office (so it's easier to work during the long summer months and I can keep the equipment cooled/not overheating so I can keep working)
-new edited montage series such as Best/Worst of the month, Best/Worst of DSPClassics
-new highly-edited reviews (BIG step up from the old ones)
-four mini-marathons (two indie, two Crash)
-Minecraft gameplay
-FULL Persona 4 playthrough
-FULL Yakuza 4 playthrough
-Fallout New Vegas playthrough

Those are just the DIRECT things, but how about stuff like:

-being able to take my time with games like Witcher 3, and get a FULL playthrough despite incredibly low views (which people asked me to do for years and complained I "rushed through" new releases because of views
-continuing on with playthroughs that, again, I normally would have rushed through (doing Chalice Dungeons/ALL side content in Bloodborne, doing all Riddler missions in Batman AK) instead of rushing on to whatever the new games are (in fact, I skipped a bunch this year to make time for ongoing game playthroughs)
-being able to play old games/classics that fans have asked me to play in the past (Metroid Prime, Just Cause 2, the Godfather etc.) despite low views

I could KEEP going on, but the fact is that for those who actually care, Patreon has done wonders. My content is much better than it used to be, my social interaction with my fanbase is at an all-time high and I'm feeling very positive about the future. IF YOU CAN'T SEE THIS it probably means 1. you're not paying attention and 2. you're just looking for something specific that didn't happen, so you're willing to right EVERYTHING ELSE off.

But the truth? I don't have to justify ANYTHING. I do this because I care, but in reality PATREON IS NOT KICKSTARTER and no product/delivery is promised. Essentially you're funding the continued ability of a person to CREATE, whether it's gameplay/art/whatever and I've certainly held up to that part of the bargain. So take your "where did the $7000 go" questions elsewhere, because quite frankly, it's stupid and insulting for you to even ask.

• Upvote 4

There's nothing to support that, we're just the more vocal people. There are 160 patreons, many which don't even post here.

Sorry, I forgot you pledged for that perk. I didn't mean it like that. 

Edited by Sammy_Samosa