The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 61: September 29, 2016

Hello! Please post up your questions for the next episode of Ask the King here! It's schedule for September 29, 2016!

• Upvote 1

Did you ever get noise complaints when recording in your condo? I recently went back to the 2012 GTA playthroughs, and the rage was through the roof. I have to think at least a couple of the rage moments over the years had people concerned. Thanks!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Butta said:

I remember one of his neighbors told him to "shut the fuck up" in a Spiderman playthrough.

Yeah, I know, Phil claimed that neighbor was drunk, but he wasn't raging in Spider-Man, I want to know if his salty moments alerted someone off-camera.

Phil,

You're always talking about other YouTubers videos not having any "meaningful content" in them. I'm curious what constitutes meaningful content in your opinion. What makes your gameplay videos meaningful content but other YouTubers gameplay videos not?

Hey Phil thanks for answer my question I have two questions to ask

1. Have you played soul reaver before? If so what you think about it? Would you play it?

2. Did you played a app called dragon ball z dokken battle? Would you play it? Its fun game to play I got my favorite character on there beerus

Have a awesome day :3

Edited by hydragundamfurry
a missing word

Sup, Phil. Random Ron here with a question.

Something I noticed in a lot of the gaming industry is how many people are starting to wise up to the poor business practices & mismanagement of a lot of AAA publishers & developers, a la "releasing a game unfinished & glitchy" or "trying to practically scam people into buying a season pass of a game with little to no content," and we've seen that happen with Konami. Which company do you feel would be the next company to fall? (After what happened with Street Fighter V, I feel Capcom messed up their last chance of redemption and would most likely be the next.)

• Upvote 1

Hey Phil,

I would like to know what are your thoughts on recent game developers deciding not to factor in any kind of story to their games. Games such as Titanfall, Star Wars: Battlefront, Journey, and just recently Inside, have been games that didn't include any type of original story whatsoever. I look back to Titanfall a couple of years ago and remember the developers saying that they felt "confident" that their game would be a success without a single player campaign. Then when I look back at e3 this year, I remember the announcement of another game called Fe and how that game wouldn't include any kind of story as well. My question to you is, do you think game developers and publishers are becoming lazy in creating any kind of story to their games? And do you think that every game that's released should include a story mode campaign, (depending on what genre it is)?

• Upvote 1

When you were a kid did you ever fantasize about crossovers? Games, cartoons, comics, movies, etc. 

Did any ever come true and are there any you would like to see now?

Hey Phil

You talk about the mobile games you play on your leisure time one being DBZ Dokkan Battle and you getting back in the DBZ mood are you excited for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2? And do you have any tips for Dokkan for say those who picking it up for the 1st time?

Hey Phil, I have 2 questions

1.What happened to XCOM Enemy Unknown? Did you lose interest in the game or did you not enjoy it?

2. How did you meet John Rambo, Joe, The Airel Lord, etc.?

Edited by Tynal

Hi Phil,

Does Leanna watch your Ask the King episodes and if so do you feel that she gets to know you better on certain subjects with the stories you tell (or does she already know them)? Do you ever get into follow up conversations with her after she watched them?

Hello, Phil.

I just wonder, have you any plans on making family soon with Leanna? You know, marriage and kids. If so, what would you name your kids?

Thanks.

HEY Phil,

Since your going to skip out on Kingdom Hearts 2.8 and Birth by sleep this year do you feel you'll be disappointed in Kingdom Hearts 3 plotwise because Fans of the series having lores of the spinoffs being important towards kingdom hearts 3 would make the game not as well as you think and also most of the characters in the spinoff titles will return in 3 and it could be hard for you to grasp on their backstories for example: 

Spoiler

Did you know that Axel (You know that red spiky hair guy in the black coat from Kingdom Hearts 2) somehow return alive in Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (That game is also in 2.8) and became a keyblade weilder in the end of that game and the Main villains of the first two games also spinoffs were there and will appear in KH3 so it will be hard for you to know what's going on in 3

Will you feel disappointed or not PLOTWISE or do you feel it will be another Final Fantasy 13. Also do you think the Kingdom Hearts Trilogy would have been better without Square Enix going for the spinoffs importance with the story now being off the rails like FF13.

Edited by SilentWarrior25
Had to hide the spoiler

Hey Phil, are you going to play Call of Duty Infinite Warfare considering the bandwagon of hate towards it or do as you normally would and give it the benefit of the doubt? The like to dislike ratio is similar to the new Ghostbusters.

My last question is about WWE and the brand split aka the brand extension. Do you think this will hinder or better the ratings?

Edited by CJExtreme98
spelling and grammar errors

Hey there Phil, this may be old news but i would like to hear your personal thoughts on the fact that the Assassin's Creed Director (Patrice Desilets, he directed AC1, 2 and Brotherhood) hasn't played an Ubisoft game since Assassin's Creed 3 (he played like 1 hour and stopped right there). Please keep in mind that Patrice was fired by Ubi after ACBrotherhood launched and he wasn't involved in any AC game that came after.

Thanks and stay awesome.

Hey Phil. My first ever question for Ask The King!

What happened to the Gaming Schedule Update "series" where you would once or twice a year update us on games you plan to play during the year (on your calendar)? Really enjoyed watching that since I myself got to know a bunch of release dates ahead of time and also got to see which games you were anticipating the most. Thanks!

Hey, Phil. Been watching your content for a few years now. I hope you don't mind answering this question.

I know that you're planing on playing KOF 14 later this year(though by the time you read this, you have already played it), along with Injustice 2 and Tekken 7 coming somewhere next year. But I think you should at least play fighting games from developers other than SNK, NetherRealm, etc. I remember that you've played was Persona 4 Arena way back in 2011, but stopped probably because of the copyright strike from Atlus on the video on the first part of the game's tutorial(I could be wrong). Is there any reason why you avoid fighting games from devs such as Arc System Works? Would you actually consider actually playing a game from them one day?

What's your thoughts on the new womens Division in wwe and the comment from former wwe diva AJ Lee where she called out wwe saying the women in the business were under paid and ultimately miss treated too in a report? Do you believe that wwe is going to give women more matches and air time due to this recent change in the show as long with all the whole brand division as a whole? thank you.

Edited by Juston

I go through anxiety form time to time. I was wondering have you ever had any major issues with anxiety or stress as a whole. For example, I'm sure looking at computers and playing games constantly can strain your mind and vision. What's your way to deal and relax your self from headaches from the type of work you do? Sorry for the double part question :)  

What's your thoughts on the pulse night club shooting and how do you think we can end the violence against the L.G.B.T and Gun violence as a whole?

Hey Phillip! I was wondering how tall are you because you look like you're above average. And how did you grow when you were a kid? Did you instantly grow at puberty or were you always ''The bigger kid''? Thanks and take care!

Hi Phil, hope things have been well for you. I recently did a video on this subject and wanted to get your take on it. What does Entertainment mean to you? For myself, I found that Entertainment has always been about storytelling, but it means different things to different people. What is your take on Entertainment as a whole? 

Second Question (Optional)

The developers of Homefront: The Revolution have stated that there will be patch late August/Early September that will address all the framerate issues with the game and cover bugs. Would you ever consider giving Homefront: The Revolution another chance if the patch really does improve framerate. I've had the luxury of playing it on PC and can say the game is very fun to play as it borrows a lot from Far Cry. However, the game definitely has issues and on consoles, it's an unplayable mess. What do you think about trying it after Patch 2.0 releases?

Thanks for your time and best wishes. 

- IndustrialGamer