The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 61: September 29, 2016

Phil

How did you come to pick Washington State as the place you wanted to move to?  Furthermore how did you choose the specific town and condo from across the country?  Do you have friends or family there that were able to help you, or did you do everything long distance? 

Hey Phil,

I have been following you since your Fallout 3 playthrough and have been watching and enjoying your content since. I have two questions:

If you had the chance to create your own video game, what genre would it be and how would it play?

If you got to work for a game company, who would you work for and why?

• Upvote 1

Hi Phil, had another quick question. Can you give tips as to how you use 'tags' when uploading videos. Do you use a website to pull search phrases and titles or do you spend time creating your own for every series/video. Thank you for your time. 

- IndustrialGamer

• Upvote 1

hey phil,

i am a long time viewer, i have been a fan since fable 2 i have a couple of question. My first question : since youtube have you been  depressed, the reason i ask is because for the last couple of years now i have lost the two family members in my life. I lost the two favorite people, i lost my best friend my Australian Shepherd and i lost my grandfather to Cancer. He was very close to me, i could talk to him about anything to him. Ever since they died it has been tough ever since. i have been depressed . do you have any suggestions on how to cope.

Hey Phil would you consider playing The Punisher for PS2/Xbox/PC its one of the funnest/goriest PS2 games I ever played and you'd have a blast playing it, also would you play any of the Destroy All Humans trilogy on PS2/Xbox where you get to play as an alien who uses an anal probe to steal peoples brains the series has a dark humour to it that would suit your commentary perfectly the third one in the series is on PS3/Xbox360 so thats probably easier to get I know you cant do these playthroughs at main stream time but I think they'd be perfect for a downtime playthrough which would lead to many hilarious moments and be a big hit on the channel  so if you missed out on these classics please consider giving them a go you wont regret it.

PS. many thanks for all the enjoyment you've given me so far and keep up the amazing work.

Hi Phil,

If a top tier game studio offered you a job to lend your insight into the direction of their new game (mechanics, level design, etc), would you take time out of your schedule to contribute? What type of game would you wish to work on?

Thanks, 

Ray117

• Upvote 1

Hey Phil had a question,

Whats your aspirations after Youtube? You've stated your in debt right now and Youtube isn't really paying how it was back i the early 2010's. Whats your endgame? Start another business? Get back into the business world outside of Youtube?

Hello Phil,

1 year long viewer and 1st time poster, I just wanted to know if you ever considered trying out the Megaman Legends and Megaman Legends 2 games? because both are on the PSN right now and having just downloaded and played Megaman Legends 2 recently. I started to think how a play through of it (Megaman Legends 2) from you would be like, like getting through the Nino Ruins, fighting Glyde's Birdbots, dealing with the Saul Kada Boss, and the like.

Thanks For Listening.

On 8/30/2016 at 5:47 PM, SamusDiego said:

Hi Phil,

Why don't you augment your YouTube money with Twitch? I'm sure it's fine for you to go back now, the trouble was a while ago. Or maybe even Hitbox? 

Good suggestion, but I doubt his "ban" from Twitch has been uplifted.

Anyways,

Hello Phil,

Where do you do you see comic book movies going in the next 10-20 years?

Hello Phil! The girlfriend I was feeling really attached to broke up with my a few days ago. I still feel terrible because I was treating her like a queen. I never looked at other women nor was I abusive. I'm really used to her and want her back, but at the same time I don't want to throw mud at my dignity by begging her to come back which is stupid in my opinion. I feel like all I was building to make her happy went into nothing. You were talking in the past how you were in a longer relationship with a woman and that you two split up after some time. Was your situation similar to mine and if not, what would you do if you were in my shoes? I hope you have a great day Phil!

Hey Phil

Incase you don't feel like answering my question from July I have a new question do you ever wanted to change your banner on DSPGaming  because part of that banner says Full Game Playthroughs to which you don't really do too much full game playthroughs because you drop so many games this year including some from the past I feel as though the banner can at least be changed to just playthroughs and not full because how busy you are this year and with many Triple A titles from this year then coming next year like Tales of Berseria (JRPG),Resident evil 7(SH), Persona 5(JRPG),Horizon Zero(Adventure) dawn etc. I feel you are gonna drop many games because you might get busy with one game after another or there maybe one part that you got stuck on because the game designer did that one part poorly do you think its best to change your banner on DSPGaming or not.

Edited by EditGuy

Hi Phil - longtime viewing fan, and patron since pretty much when you first started offering that.  In my mind, the entertainment I've gotten from your channel is way more bang for the buck than other paid commercial channels, such as Netflix, etc.  Good stuff!

My question is: if you a) tried to do a special Patreon push, or b) if one (or group) of your supporters was willing and able to donate a large enough amount for you to consider purchasing another windows machine, would you be willing to reconsider your decision to not do PC playthroughs?

You've repeatedly described your reasons for *not* doing PC playthroughs due to the overwhelming tasks requied for one PC to do, but with another PC in the mix, would that be a possibility?

Thanks - keep up the great work!

Edited by planetjeff
typo, cleaned up text

Hey Phil! Long time fan and I hope you're doing well. 

What is your opinion on dumpster diving?

I personally dumpster dive myself as a hobby, not just gamestop dumpsters, but various others where I find like new items that are worth a bit of money, good example is finding a $300 dollar wicker chair in the pier one dumpster. Would you ever consider it yourself? Thanks for your time! Have a great day! 

• Upvote 1

Hello, DSP. I was wondering if there'll be any changes occurring on the TKOH Forums. Mainly, new mods. I've been looking at them before I registered and I think things could do with shaking up around here. What's your take on this? Thanks. 

How often you clean that hamster tank?  I think you can take better care of them. here's a decent care sheet

http://how-to-care-for-hamsters.tumblr.com/post/108186363215/10-steps-to-care-for-your-hamster-long-post

Also what's you're view of tumblr, I love it, and think you would enjoy it.

Edited by A_Yellow_Space_Rock

On 9/8/2016 at 0:08 AM, planetjeff said:

One more question, if that's okay:  Of the last two fighting games you've played, it seems the biggest disappointment was the quality of the NetCode.  What games have you played over the years that you believe had the best NetCode?  You'd think whoever had created that would be able to easily market their technology to other companies.  It's sad that it seems software publishers think they can 'do it themselves better', and then end up shitting the bed and ruining their product. (I work as a software engineer, and software re-use whenever feasible is quite a big thing)

hey phil you constantly compare yourself to big youtubers but then claim you dont watch other youtubers. then you base your judgements on what your fans tell you but you tell people not to base judgement on other people on what others say.  so how can you compare yourself to big youtubers when you dont even watch them for yourself?

What kind of music do you like to listen to? Do you prefer to listen to the classics rather than what comes out today or are there modern bands/artists that you enjoy?  

Dunno if these questions have been asked before, so disregard my post if that's the case!