The King of Hate Forums
WazerWifle

DSPGaming Improvement Suggestions

2 hours ago, Yufi said:

Good evening everyone.

I wanted to know how Phil's patreon works now, im confused. If anyone can explain how he's still making $1,250 when the goal is set to $1,025? I know he said Patreon is miscalculating the estimate somehow from him switching to the instant charge method, but how could it be $200 off? Thats a big problem. I've donated to other Patreons that switched recently and they've never brought up this problem, also since this directly affects donations you would think Patreon would fix this immediately. I can't believe a company that large would let that problem go on for over a month now.

This was explained on today's prestream.

If other patrons aren't having that problem, it's because 1. they were always accepting far more than you were aware of and underplaying it, or 2. they never had false pledges like I did. A few months back, I had over $400 in false pledges which really screwed things up.

Watch today's prestream when it goes live as it'll explain everything.

I saw it and still don't really understand. You should of just logged in your Patreon account off screen and just showed us whats going on. But, hope it works out and the community gets to the goal amount.

• Upvote 1

I don't get how you don't understand.

What you see on this page: http://www.patreon.com/darksydephil isn't accurate.

I really have about $225 or so more in pledges than what it shows there, but due to Patreon's internal changes, it displays incorrectly. I spoke with them about fixing it, and they said they can't. So because I had frequent false pledges, the pledge total on that page is PERMANENTLY stuck at a lower amount than what it really is.

So, since I can't fix that, I lowered the monthly pledge goal by about $225 to compensate. It gives a far more accurate representation of what is needed to hit the monthly goal.

If you still don't get it, I can't help you.

• Upvote 1

I see what you're saying, but it just doesn't make any sense. I understand your explanation, but I don't understand how you're getting you accurate dollar amount of donations but it shows a different number on the Patreon page. Thats why I suggested you should of showed us whats going on when you login and see the stats and the disconnect. I understand the estimates could be flawed cause of the high number of Patreon declines you receive, but showing an 18% loss on funding for whole month and Patreon outright refuses to fix it? Crazy. Too you its only $225, but if another higher funded Patreon has this 18% problem, the losses from people not donating towards a goal cause of misinformation could be in the thousands! So if you can show some harder evidence with a brief snapshot of the disconnect between your estimate donation amount and the real donation amount, the $225 number you're coming up with, maybe me and the fans could rally up and petition this fact and get something done about it. Patreon saying they can't fix this problem is unacceptable.

• Upvote 1

Two quick pieces of info then, see attached for:

-Screencap of what is actually pledged to me right now

-E-mail from Patreon where they outright say they can't fix this, because the "public facing amount" doesn't currently correctly work with the up-front charges I turned on in July.

By the way, I know you're not a fan as Fred Fuchs already made a video about this and every retard who watches him commented on it that I'm a dirty liar. So I know exactly where you came from, but I'm not bothering to make a video or talk about this publicly outside of the forums because, in reality, it's fucking stupid, and none of my actual viewers or Patron pledgees care.

patreon email.JPG

current pledges.JPG

Ok thanks, now I understand. And no I didn't even know what a Fred Fuchs was until you mentioned him and I googled his Youtube channel, no im not one of your haters Phil, in fact you have more of a passion to pay attention to them than I ever will. I honestly was confused by your wording about the issue with Patreon. Thank you for this information and making it public about Patreon and its shaky website. I will be typing a letter to them about this ridiculousness and hope it gets resolved.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Yufi said:

Ok thanks, now I understand. And no I didn't even know what a Fred Fuchs was until you mentioned him and I googled his Youtube channel, no im not one of your haters Phil, in fact you have more of a passion to pay attention to them than I ever will. I honestly was confused by your wording about the issue with Patreon. Thank you for this information and making it public about Patreon and its shaky website. I will be typing a letter to them about this ridiculousness and hope it gets resolved.

You don't know what a fred fuchs was yet you seem to have a boner for Phils patreon just like he does at this moment.  That and constantly asking Phil to show you hard evidence of whats going on, yeh not buying it, too obvious.

• Upvote 3

Really? First of all your youth is showing Mr. "Boner for Phil's Patreon". Who over 13 years old would type a statement like that? Second, just to see who the hell is insulting me I took a look at your post history and apparently your The King Of Hate Forums Unofficial Bully, with, and im not exaggerating here, 13 out 15 of your most recent post include the words detractor/troll/or drama. So the only thing thats "too obvious" is the reason you're really here. Can't believe the mods allow you to conduct such harassment, even though im quite sure if it was the other way around, i'd be banned instantaneously.

I asked Phil to clarify with proof, he did that and I thanked him. If you think im cloaking my identity as a drama queen then you're barking up the wrong tree. I hope the mods take some action against you or this will truly be a case of the blind leading the blind on these forums.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Yufi said:

Really? First of all your youth is showing Mr. "Boner for Phil's Patreon". Who over 13 years old would type a statement like that? Second, just to see who the hell is insulting me I took a look at your post history and apparently your The King Of Hate Forums Unofficial Bully, with, and im not exaggerating here, 13 out 15 of your most recent post include the words detractor/troll/or drama. So the only thing thats "too obvious" is the reason you're really here. Can't believe the mods allow you to conduct such harassment, even though im quite sure if it was the other way around, i'd be banned instantaneously.

I asked Phil to clarify with proof, he did that and I thanked him. If you think im cloaking my identity as a drama queen then you're barking up the wrong tree. I hope the mods take some action against you or this will truly be a case of the blind leading the blind on these forums.

Oi, no need to use insults here and insult his intelligence. what brother said is his opinion.

Edited by Bailey_Dakota

3 hours ago, BrotherLono said:

You don't know what a fred fuchs was yet you seem to have a boner for Phils patreon just like he does at this moment.  That and constantly asking Phil to show you hard evidence of whats going on, yeh not buying it, too obvious.

or maybe he is a concerned fan who came to the forums after he looked at Phil's patreon page and got confused.

1 hour ago, Bailey_Dakota said:

Oi, no need to use insults here and insult his intelligence. what brother said is his opinion.

so if my opinion is you're the worst of worst here, its ok for me to say it?? 

Edited by BlonderSTS
misspell

47 minutes ago, BlonderSTS said:

or maybe he is a concerned fan who came to the forums after he looked at Phil's patreon page and got confused.

so if my opinion is you're the worst of worst here, its ok for me to say it?? 

go ahead, because I really wouldn't give a damn.

Just now, Bailey_Dakota said:

go ahead, because I really wouldn't give a damn.

really? you don't give a damn? just like you didn't give a damn about my post in the VR discussion , yet you reported it for NSFW ?

dont worry Bailey, im not going to say anything nasty to you or about you.

3 hours ago, BlonderSTS said:

really? you don't give a damn? just like you didn't give a damn about my post in the VR discussion , yet you reported it for NSFW ?

sorry, don't remember doing this. maybe it was someone else you're hung up about?

5 hours ago, TraditionalGames said:

We have now gotten to a point where people are called detractors without an evidence of the same IP, or saying anything insulting. All it takes is to ask a question about something confusing.

Actually, it's more the fact that Fred posted a video on this very subject just before this post was made, and all of his followers are calling me a liar in the comments. Mere MOMENTS after I posted up the screenshots in this thread, the same group were all posting and discussing them. It's very obvious where this "interest" is coming from.

My true supporters don't give a crap about nitpicking nonsense like this, but if I don't address it, the other nitwits WILL spin stuff/lie/slander me. Not that it matters, because they're still doing it now.

5 hours ago, Bailey_Dakota said:

sorry, don't remember doing this. maybe it was someone else you're hung up about?

seriously dude? do i really need to show you the message you left me right after you reported  my post?

5 hours ago, Phil said:

Actually, it's more the fact that Fred posted a video on this very subject just before this post was made, and all of his followers are calling me a liar in the comments. Mere MOMENTS after I posted up the screenshots in this thread, the same group were all posting and discussing them. It's very obvious where this "interest" is coming from.

My true supporters don't give a crap about nitpicking nonsense like this, but if I don't address it, the other nitwits WILL spin stuff/lie/slander me. Not that it matters, because they're still doing it now.

But that isn't evidence. He had a valid question, thanked you for answering, and yet you treated him like a troll based on speculation. AKA discrimination.

5 hours ago, TraditionalGames said:

But that isn't evidence. He had a valid question, thanked you for answering, and yet you treated him like a troll based on speculation. AKA discrimination.

You're accusing the admin of breaking the forum rules sir?

1 hour ago, Ivor_Dehaney said:

You're accusing the admin of breaking the forum rules sir?

:ohmy:

but in seriousness, i don't see much more improvements being suggested, just a load of flak being fired at Phil. 

Edited by Bailey_Dakota

1 hour ago, Bailey_Dakota said:

:ohmy:

but in seriousness, i don't see much more improvements being suggested, just a load of flak being fired at Phil. 

Well you could always lend a suggestion or two, since so far all your posts here have been to counter every single point someone brings up without offering any suggestions or improvements yourself.

1 minute ago, Nation said:

Well you could always lend a suggestion or two, since so far all your posts here have been to counter every single point someone brings up without offering any suggestions or improvements yourself.

Good stuff, I'm sure Phil can use the suggestions you yourself offered up here and improve his business.

Oh wait...

Just now, BrotherLono said:

Good stuff, I'm sure Phil can use the suggestions you yourself offered up here and improve his business.

Oh wait...

He could but every time i've voiced them he's said they wouldn't work (even though i suggested lowering his Patreon goal to $1000 and now he's done that) so now we just gotta see what other people come up with. I bet he can use all your ideas to help further-

Oh wait.....

Edited by Nation

Yeah it ain't like if you go to BrotherLono's profile history, every post consist of something negative to say about another user or its about drama. Or if you go to Bailey Dakota'
s profile history, every post is baiting users to get banned or quoting Phil's post just to say "Yeah, I agree with you completely" even though theirs a reputation system....

....Oh wait.

Anyways, heres a suggestion for improving thumbnails. Saw somewhere Phil took a half an hour just to make a basic text thumbnail over a picture, that's crazy, especially with Phil being on Youtube so long. Thumbnails should take 5 mins if that. So what I suggest is either Phil doing a little research on how other Youtubers make thumbnails (theres plenty of tips and tutorials out there) or outsource the job to a trustworthy fan. The current ones, they get the job done, but for 30 mins a piece they don't "pop" like they should to attract more people. 8 months straight of doing edited videos, if anything the thumbnails should be on point by now.

• Upvote 1

Maybe he likes to not rush jobs and half ass thumbnails.  If he doesn't make good thumbnails hes not like other youtubers and lazy, if he does make good ones or takes 30 minutes he's way too slow.  That is the folly of being DSP in 2016m if he has two ways of doing things he's copping flak either way. Whether it's a waste of time to spend 30 minutes you will have to ask Phil as I'm guessing he clearly thinks it worth the effort to try and catch peoples eye.  For the viewer there is no impact however unless you like the shiny, For the record though I doubt i've ever watched a video for it's thumbnail and especially not t the timewhen half of them were reply videos with weird looking women with  push up bras and cleavage in every thumbnail.

Edited by BrotherLono
  • Upvote 1

Ok when you're done being drunk and can type coherent sentences, make your own suggestions instead of shooting down everyone elses. I don't see the harm in telling DSP to improve his thumbnails by looking at tips and tutorials if he is going to take an adequate amount of time to make them. Phil said himself that he wish he could learn some graphic design, its never too late to learn all he needs to do is dedicate some time to too get better.

• Upvote 3